Betpoints: 3698

DWCS 8: August 29 8pm EST

Matt Frevola vs Luke Flores

Bevon Davis vs Elias Urbina

Adam Anotlin vs Casey Kenney

Lauren Mueller vs Kelly McGill-Velasco

Allen Crowder vs Don 'Tale Mayes
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Rich Benjamins 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here we go again guys. I've done an overview of research on this card. Here's a guess what the lines should be:

Matt Frevola (-110) vs Luke Flores (-110)

Bevon Davis (-250) vs Elias Urbina (+200)

Adam Anotlin (+250) vs Casey Kenney (-300)

Lauren Mueller (-150) vs Kelly McGill-Velasco (+125)

Allen Crowder (+150) vs Don 'Tale Mayes (-180)

Rich Benjamins

Here's some sloppy research ntoes:

Matt Frevola (5-0-0) vs Luke Flores (7-0-0)

Frevola: won 2 of his last 3 fights by unan dec. 155 lb fight.

Last fight vs Manfio - Manfio is good in the clinch according to the announcers. Manfio trains at ATT. Frevola weighed in at 153.8 lbs. He could be small for 155. Frevola def small for 155 bc Manfio is a tank with huge legs and they're the same height.

Frevola puts on the pressure right away, throwing hard hooks and swinging. Manfio backing up a lot, not countering Frevola. Manfio backs up too much, isn't countering enough. Frevola looks like an old school brawler. Evreytime Frevola shows offense, Manfio backs away.

Frevola has good accuracy. Manfio rushing in with his chin way up, made him open to strikes, Frevola caught him, Manfio on wobbly legs. Manfio looks to be in better physical shape than Frevola, but Frevola has better boxing. Manfio seems quicker and more athletic. When Frevola changes levels, Manfio backs up.

Frevola doesn't have good accuracy. Don't think he is UFC ready.

Manfio starts pressuring opponent and Frevola uses that to look for openings at Manfio.

In Frevola inteview with Lynch: Army helps MMA career. Had surgery after last fight bc he broke his hand and ankle. A tough mofo. Thinks Flores is a good matchup. Flores is tall and has a good kick, but hasn't fought anyone like Frevola before. Frevola training with Longo. Frevola sees himself finishing Flores. He said he's going to stay standing with him until he hurts him, then will finish him.

Flores: Flores has been a fan favorite ever since 2013 for STFC MMA. Won 2 of last 3 fights by TKO. Has a few subs too. Record looks impressive.

vs Edgar Guzman: Both guys have a muay thai style of striking. Both these guys could prob beat Frevola. They are kicking each other a lot.

Flores knows Jiu Jitsu. he knows how to do everything with MMA>

But hard to know how good he really is from fighting in a random organization. Just like JP Buys was a huge dog even though he was the EFC champion.

Bevon Lewis (3-0) vs Elias Urbina (3-0-0)

A middleweight fight. Lewis fought in RFA. He's with ATT.

Vs Gratalo

Gratalo pushes Lewis against the cage. Lewis smooth in the clinch, got a good knee to the chest. When the ref separated them, Lewis jumped in with a flying knee, then threw some good hooks. Gratalo has strong muy thai knees. Gratalo grapped leg for TD, Lewis got strikes in, finally Gratalo trips Lewis, but he gets up, and Gratalo presses him into the cage.

Rd 2: Gratalo had high single, lifted Lewis up, but couldn't take him down. Lewis got him right in the plumb, and kneed him hard. Lewis hit him with heavy knees and punches. Gratalo was pretty helpless, just defended himself, no offense. Lewis hit him with heavy knees, Gratalo keesp going for td but no luck.

Rd3 Gratalo getting chewed up on teh feet again to start the round. Lewis connected with a strong knee to the head, Gratalo collapsed, ref stopped the fight.

Urbina
    Lost to Eric Spicely in teh TUF tryouts. He was only 22 then, Spicely was 29. Urbina has a much more athletic body with a 6 pack. Spicely goes for single, they scramble, Urbina ends up on top. Urbina rains down elbows. Spicely goes for arm bar, Urbina picks him up and throws him around. Then Spicely goes for the leg. Urbina is able to get position, hit with more shots from the top. Spicely gets another bad position, Urbina rains down punches. Then Spicely takes the back mid round. Urbina couldn't reverse the position the rest of the round, so Spicely clinched it.

2nd rd:
    Spicely goes forward, trying to clinch, Urbina gets shots in as Spicely goes forward. Spicely goes for dl, doesn't get it, he finally gets Urbina down, and again, Urbina can't get up.

Urbina's last fight was he lost a round to that French guy on TUF, over a year ago. Whereas Lewis is a stone killer, who has been active. Cant see Urbina beating such tough guy. Also, Urbina posts way too much on twitter, he should get off twitter and get back to training.

Bevon should be at least a -200 favorite, if not more like -300. From an interview on Youtube, Bevon said he wants to be a legend. Had his longest training camp he's ever had for this fight. He trains with Jon Jones at JacksonWink.

Allen Crowder (6-2) vs Don 'Tale Mayes (3-1)

Heavyweight bout

Crowder:

KOed his last opponent in Bellator. Lost his 2 fights before that by TKO. Not the tallest heavyweight at 6'2".
    He lost to Curtis Blaydes, that's nothing to be ashamed about. He KOed Bell with one short punch. KOed Gamble by slamming him to the canvas. This Crowder guy has huge power and is scary, fast for a heavyweight.

Mayes (king kong):

His last fight he won a decision against a guy who has a lot of finishes. Mayes trains with Curtis Blaydes in Denver at Team Elevation, interview here.

Vs Dennis:

Didn't see fight, but Mayes interviewed with Lynch again in April here. He trains at a boxing gym with heavyweights.

vs Hunsucker:

Hunsucker coming at Mayes. Hunsucker having some strong hooks. Mayes coming in with straight punches and hooks. Hunsucker went for the td against the cage, Mayes got some elbows in. Hunsucker tired right away, breathing heavy. Mayes bigger, had more solid standup, and cardio.

vs Clore

Clore a fat, out of shape guy with sagging titties. But he is aggro vs Mayes, comes after him. Mayes keeping distance, lets Clore swing and miss. Mayes counterpunching Clore when Clore runs in. Mayes connects hard iwth a 1/2, Clore connects with a lunging right hook. Mayes wound up and connected with a heavy left hook, Clore falls.

Overall, this is a tough fight to call. They're both killers but there's notmuch recent footage on Crowder fighting for more than a few seconds since he got the KOs so quick. Saw Crowder's 2013 fight and he didn't look great, doesnt' move as well as Mayes.

Gotta go with Mayes here. He's considered a top prospect. Mayes is the faster fighter most likely.

Adam Antoli (12-3) vs Casey Kenney (7-0)
    A flyweight bout.

Antoli: Won last 8 bouts. Has a lot of TKOs and subs, impressive at this level. Lost twice to RNC. He's a little old at 35.

7/16 TUF 24 fight vs Damacio: Antoli thrwew a lot of body kicks, that was the goal. Damacio wasn't defending his body.

TUF vs Ogikubo: Antolin looked tentative this fight. Ogikubo smothered him.

Kenney:
    We saw him convincingly win in DWCS 2 against a tough opponent. He should win this fight easily. Odds should be -300.

For sure, no doubt, Kenney is the faster fighter.

Lauren Mueller (3-0) vs Kelly McGill-Velasco (2-1)

Mueller: Has had 3 dominant victories, 2 by decision, one by TKO, all in Gladiator Challenge. Opponents are pathetic, first 2 have all losses, 3rd only had the one pro bout, but won amateur bouts.

Said she's dedicating herself to MMA. Her goal is to get to the UFC. She said in an interview it takes a lot of physical and mental strength to make it to the top.

In video she was walking around, running. She looks like she's in great shape. She said it doesn't bother her that she gets hit.

McGill:

Tall like Harding, same build. Has 2 fights on Invicta.

Vs Goodwin

McGill flings out jabs, Goodwin sitting on punches more. They clinch up, McGill gets the better, pushes Goodwin to the cage. Mcgill has 2 underhooks. Goodwin goes forward with straight punches.

McGill dancing around more. McGill overall more flexible, quicker to adjust. But Goodwin seems to have more power, is stronger. McGill smiles and laughs in the cage, very relaxed.

vs Aspen Ladd

McGill took 16 months off b4 this fight. She hurt her knee vs Goodwin. She had a couple knee surgeries. Was only 20 years old in this fight. Said her knee was 100% after the surgery.

Ladd gets on top on the ground right away. McGill tried to hold Ladd's hands so she couldn't rain down punches. McGill was controlled on teh ground the whole 1st round.

Rd 2: Ladd going forward, chasing McGill around the cage. Pushes McGill into the cage. McGill went for hip toss, ended up on the ground on teh bottom. Ladd on the top, punching. They eventually stood up, Ladd got McGill against the cage again, then McGill tried that hip toss again and got taken to the ground and got dominated again.

3rd rd: Again, Ladd pressures McGill, McGill has weak standup. Ladd clinches with McGill against the cage. McGill pulled guard, on the bottom again. This is a blowout. Ladd goes for hard elbows on McGill from the top. The ref stops the fight. McGill upset, crying at the end.

This bet is an easy over the way McGill fights. She's fast, and cuts angles well. McGill gets top position, elbows Goodwin, cut her head open.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Late on my research. Gonna get it in tonight. Didn't read your posts yet Rich cause I don't wanna influence myself. I'll get back later.

Shagdogy

Anyone able to find any video of Lauren Mueller fighting?

Shagdogy

Okay Rich, I didn't even bother capping the girl fight since I couldn't find any tape... but on all of the others I think you are pretty much dead on with your lines.

I think that Kenney and Bevon Lewis (not Davis) are the two best bets on the card and Don'Tale Mayes is also a very strong bet. The Frevola/Flores fight is toughest to call. Flores looks like the more skilled fighter but Frevola has a deadly combo of pressure, cardio, and chin, which can break opponents.

I think it's possible to get a decent line on Kenney and Lewis at the opener just because both of their opponents have some name recognition thanks to TUF. Could work in our favor. Good luck!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I'm paying attention to this thread.. Keep it up fellas..

Rich Benjamins

It's 1am EST, and they still dont have the new lines up yet on 5Dimes. They're late this time.

Rich Benjamins

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Okay Rich, I didn't even bother capping the girl fight since I couldn't find any tape... but on all of the others I think you are pretty much dead on with your lines.

I think that Kenney and Bevon Lewis (not Davis) are the two best bets on the card and Don'Tale Mayes is also a very strong bet. The Frevola/Flores fight is toughest to call. Flores looks like the more skilled fighter but Frevola has a deadly combo of pressure, cardio, and chin, which can break opponents.

I think it's possible to get a decent line on Kenney and Lewis at the opener just because both of their opponents have some name recognition thanks to TUF. Could work in our favor. Good luck!
    Good we're on the same page Shag. Now if we could just help each other identify our mistakes before we bet on them

Shagdogy

Need to see the lines but betting Lewis, Kenney, and Mayes should be an easy 2 wins at least.

Rich Benjamins

Do you guys have any feel for how to bet this one? Jibby or Shag? Any o/u ideas? Thanks. Crowder/Mayes maybe a good under. The chick fight probably a good over. The rest probably could go either way.

Rich Benjamins

Lines are up. I slammed Kenney at -150 and Lewis at +100. Am waiting on Mayes, he opened at -260, he's heavyweight, more unpredictable, probably won't get much lower than that.
    Points Awarded:

Shagdogy

Great bets in Kenneth and Lewis. I'm still waiting on my book. Gonna lose some value.

Rich Benjamins

Great bets in Kenneth and Lewis. I'm still waiting on my book. Gonna lose some value.
    Thanks I should be doing the capping. Who does it for 5Dimes? Nick Kalikas? He was pretty far off.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

lol...well see nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Thanks I should be doing the capping. Who does it for 5Dimes? Nick Kalikas? He was pretty far off.

PaperTrail07

Don't Forget Saturday is a Day Card....11:30 AM START

Shagdogy

Dammit. My book killing me. Lewis -195 and Kenney all the way to -240 and lines still not up at my book. Awful. I was ready to smash these.

PaperTrail07

Rich Whipped the lines WHALE

Rich Benjamins

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Rich Whipped the lines WHALE
    Haha, thanks bro!

Rich Benjamins

Bevon Lewis went from +100 to now -260
    Kenney from -145 to now -280

I'm going to take the other side of Lewis and arbitrage out a little.
    Points Awarded:

Shagdogy

My book finally opens and has Lewis -265 and Kenney -330. FML. I'm pissed.

PaperTrail07

I mean how do you not......
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Bevon Lewis went from +100 to now -260
    Kenney from -145 to now -280

I'm going to take the other side of Lewis and arbitrage out a little.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

My book finally opens and has Lewis -265 and Kenney -330. FML. I'm pissed.
    Time for Dimes

PaperTrail07

Is Urbina that bad?

PaperTrail07

Over 1.5 +120 in the HW fight for me.....1-2 takedowns and lay and pray it ...those +$ over have been hitting...
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave PaperTrail07 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Time for Dimes
    I know I know. This one was particularly bad. I was ready for these bets and missed ALL the value. I love dealing in cash and carrying no balance but 5dimes offers such an advantage if you're like some of us who cap ahead of time and set our own lines.

As for tonight, prob not gonna be posting any plays 😠.

Shagdogy

Do you guys think these fight lines are available at books in Vegas?

PaperTrail07

Very Doubtful....
    Do you guys think these fight lines are available at books in Vegas?

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

Shagdogy

No posted plays for my record since I missed the lines so badly, but I can win small with Kenney, Lewis, Mayes. At better than -150 Flores isn't a bad play. I think he's the more skilled fighter but not sure he can stand up to the pressure of Frevola, especially if Frevola's durability is what it seems to be.

Hugo de Naranja

No posted plays for my record since I missed the lines so badly, but I can win small with Kenney, Lewis, Mayes. At better than -150 Flores isn't a bad play. I think he's the more skilled fighter but not sure he can stand up to the pressure of Frevola, especially if Frevola's durability is what it seems to be.
    Do you mean better than (+150)? Pretty sure Flores is the dog

Hugo de Naranja

Dana White’s Contenders Series 8 Picks:
    Kelly McGill-Velasco Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Adam Antolin Round 1 Submission (Guillotine Choke)
    Don'tale Mayes Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Devon Lewis Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
    Jose Luke Flores Round 1 Submission (Armbar)

Hugo de Naranja

Dana White’s Contenders Series 8:

Fight #1: McGill-Velasco vs. Mueller
    No Bet

Fight #2: Kenney vs. Antolin
    Antolin (+260) 1u
    Antolin ITD (+535) .5u

Fight #3: Mayes vs. Crowder
    No Bet

Fight #4: Lewis vs. Urbina
    No Bet

Fight #5: Frevola vs. Flores
    Flores (+165) .5u

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

After watching videos of most of the fighters here, this card probably has less talent than the previous DWCS events, but hopefully we'll see some exciting fights.

Probably going to bet just before each fight after seeing their intros & walks to the cage, to see where their minds are, but I do like both dogs in the last 2 fights.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Do you mean better than (+150)? Pretty sure Flores is the dog
    Yes exactly what I meant.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last