&
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Rumor MacGregor was knocked out by sparring partner

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Really no logical reason MacGregor will win unless the fix is in.

grease lightnin
    &

Reason I ask is Dana White released a video of Connor working a sparring partner that was talking shit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

set up video

lol he was not even trying

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Reason I ask is Dana White released a video of Connor working a sparring partner that was talking shit
    All for show. Just as everything is promoting this fight. Flying around, talking shit. They both know what is gonna happen, and will have their nice millions from the minions.

Conor doesn't even have a punchers chance. The books are lucky that the Irish are stubborn, and somehow they are getting a lot of money on Conor. Along with UFC fans. I enjoy both, and wish boxing was what it once was. It has really come to this WWF level crap, unfortunately.

Until late money, I'd assume. Literally may be the easiest bet of all time, and it's at -350, or whatever at places.

Unreal. Floyd could KO him, which is saying a lot, but no reason to risk it. Will be a nice boring 12 rounds with an all time great boxer putting a clinic on against an average UFC fighter. Diaz out boxed him, and people think he has a chance. I love Nate too, but this is a different animal.

It may end earlier because Conor is so gassed that he falls asleep on his stool. Halfway through it will be 6-0 Floyd, and he can just toy with him. Avoid the desperate attempts at a KO, and dance to his $300 mil. Would be fun to see Conor try for the KO, miss, and fall to the ground.

Dislike both of these fools, for what it's worth. Just wish I had more money. Maybe I'll win the Powerball on Wednesday, and can get a loan in time.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 08-22-17 at 11:24 AM.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Cuse0323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RoyBacon gave Cuse0323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    All for show. Just as everything is promoting this fight. Flying around, talking shit. They both know what is gonna happen, and will have their nice millions from the minions.

Conor doesn't even have a punchers chance. The books are lucky that the Irish are stubborn, and somehow they are getting a lot of money on Conor. Along with UFC fans. I enjoy both, and wish boxing was what it once was. It has really come to this WWF level crap, unfortunately.

Until late money, I'd assume. Literally may be the easiest bet of all time, and it's at -350, or whatever at places.

Unreal. Floyd could KO him, which is saying a lot, but no reason to risk it. Will be a nice boring 12 rounds with an all time great boxer putting a clinic on against an average UFC fighter. Diaz out boxed him, and people think he has a chance. I love Nate too, but this is a different animal.

It may end earlier because Conor is so gassed that he falls asleep on his stool. Halfway through it will be 6-0 Floyd, and he can just toy with him. Avoid the desperate attempts at a KO, and dance to his $300 mil. Would be fun to see Conor try for the KO, miss, and fall to the ground.

Dislike both of these fools, for what it's worth. Just wish I had more money. Maybe I'll win the Powerball on Wednesday, and can get a loan in time.
    careful many many many here said lock of the century was floyd -800, then lock of century was -700, then lock -600, then lock -500, then lock -400, not the lock is -350,

lots of posts about stubborn stupid Irish guys hitting +650, +600, +550 as idiot fools.... just sayin who are the real fools here.

how many horrible bad numbers do all you Floyd guys have ??? Yikes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    careful many many many here said lock of the century was floyd -800, then lock of century was -700, then lock -600, then lock -500, then lock -400, not the lock is -350,

lots of posts about stubborn stupid Irish guys hitting +650, +600, +550 as idiot fools.... just sayin who are the real fools here.

how many horrible bad numbers do all you Floyd guys have ??? Yikes
    I wasn't gonna touch it until it got down this low. Assume it will rise from here on out, but who knows. If it goes lower, even better. Those fools with +650 may think they did well, but a loss is a loss.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It wouldn't surprise me that much if Conor wins. In order for their to be a rematch (and another huge payday), Conor has to win this fight. If Floyd blows him out, no one will pay to see a 2nd fight.

So, I think the best value is +255 that the fight goes the distance (Floyd wins).

Conor wins inside distance at +475.

Both sides covered at +EV.

If the fix is in, Conor will knock him out. So no way am I risking Floyd at -500.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 08-22-17 at 11:52 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

McGregor is gonna get knocked out late in this fight.. He has no business being in a boxing ring with arguably the greatest boxer ever... End of story...

McGregor will get peppered up in this one and eventually dropped late when he gasses out.. Remember Nick Diaz whom isn't a big puncher either also peppered up McGregor in the first fight over just a few rounds and when McGregor gassed he was basically a punching bag and got dropped..

McGregor fights with his hands down alot when he gasses.. That will be a big mistake against Mayweather late in this fight..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

My thought/feelings exactly....taking FM by Dec +225.....this is nothing more than a WWE show with some punching involved.....

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    My thought/feelings exactly....taking FM by Dec +225.....this is nothing more than a WWE show with some punching involved.....
    Yep. As I open this thread again, Conor has a commercial out for Monster energy drinks. Hah.

This is their retirement packages. Probably goes 12 with some 'intense moments' thrown in. No rematch, no dive, no KO. Floyd will bore us to death, and become 50-0 against someone not even close to his league. Conor will be just fine with that, as he nails his sexy girl, and is set for life. One of the easiest fights of his life too.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

They leave rich, retired, and uninjured.....One of the greatest hustles of all time IMO
    Yep. As I open this thread again, Conor has a commercial out for Monster energy drinks. Hah.

This is their retirement packages. Probably goes 12 with some 'intense moments' thrown in. No rematch, no dive, no KO. Floyd will bore us to death, and become 50-0 against someone not even close to his league. Conor will be just fine with that, as he nails his sexy girl, and is set for life. One of the easiest fights of his life too.
    Points Awarded:

RoyBacon gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

Cuse0323

They leave rich, retired, and uninjured.....One of the greatest hustles of all time IMO
    Absolutely. After their little promos talking shit, they probably go back and laugh their ass off together.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Floyd will destroy him TKO in a few rounds at most

then take the money and call it a night.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Yup, mama said knock you out!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed.. Makes me think of the Thunder Lips fight in the Rocky movie for some reason.

It's a show for Floyd.. The boxing ring is his world..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think this fights rigged

Mayweather simply does not have enough money after blowing tons and tons

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think this fights rigged

Mayweather simply does not have enough money after blowing tons and tons
    If it were not for this factor I would unload on Floyd at the current number

But Floyd's financial situation has me concerned

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I would rather watch dancing with the stars and I'm not even gay

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I doubt it's rigged.. Mayweather wants to keep the unbeaten record, bragging rights on the table.. If he got knocked out it would be very embarrassing for him.. It would certainly tarnish his perfect boxing legacy.. No fix in I say!!!

This is like a very good pro boxer going in against an average amateur boxer.. A strong NFL team going up against a good NCAA Division 1 football team, it's a solid MLB team like the Dodgers going up against the best triple A team in a seven game series..

It's not happening for McIrish..

grease lightnin
    &

Jibby Mayweather has earned over $700 mil in his lifetime so far and he couldn't make a $30 million tax payment.

The reality is that unless he changes his spending habits drastically, he is going to tarnish that record.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibby Mayweather has earned over $700 mil in his lifetime so far and he couldn't make a $30 million tax payment.

The reality is that unless he changes his spending habits drastically, he is going to tarnish that record.
    Take a dive to get a rematch.. He can book other fights and circus shows like this one if he wins and needs a quick pay check in the future.. I don't think he takes a dive to McGregor.. To lose to an MMA fighter would be VERY embarrassing for Floyd!!!

Floyd unbeaten is still a major PPV draw in the future even at his age..

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Take a dive to get a rematch.. He can book other fights and circus shows like this one if he wins and needs a quick pay check in the future.. I don't think he takes a dive to McGregor.. To lose to an MMA fighter would be VERY embarrassing for Floyd!!!

Yeah.... I don't have much faith that he is that deep

I mean, the guy tries to validate his wealth by showing off an expensive watch he bought and flashing a stale-dated check he wrote to himself.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

after this fight CM will be more battered and war torn than Hope Solo's biscuit

grease lightnin
    &

Ok... so it was a guy named Brandon Rios (sp?) that reportedly knocked out MacGregor in sparring. Not the dude in the link above.

grease lightnin
    &

This is the guy in the OP link today at a media event. "Bring your balls" I like this guy.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

When MMA fighters are sparring they also practice stand up with 16oz. gloves. For the casual fight fan when they see an MMA fighter with their hands low while engaging in stand up, it is because they have to have them some what low to defend against a take down. You have to under hook and sprawl. Floyd hasn't fought in 2 years. To say there is NO chance for a guy with Conner's power to KO a 40 year old 2 years removed from the ring is absolutely stupid. Look into Floyd's eyes. He no longer wants to fight. He has to fight. Why? Because he is like 99.9% of his Black Brothers, he is a stupid fock. If Conner boxes Floyd it will be a quick fight. Floyd will cut him to ribbons with 8oz gloves. He has to over POWER the weaker fighter. Conner is both physically and mentally way stronger then Floyd. Can't wait for Saturday. The party we have planned will be a great time! The fight will be a disappointment. That's what Floyd should be remembered by-the least entertaining fighter of ALL TIMES! Your legs go when you get old. An old fighter will tell you when they get in the ring after 35 to spare of train the first thing to go is your legs. Also, your chin can't take shots they way you could when younger. Floyd has had hand problems his whole career. If this goes to later rounds Conner can take Floyd's heart from him. These are all IF and Maybes. Hope we all see a fight and not a dance with Floyd acting the FOOL, tongue out, ali shuffle, dance, etc. But, I will bet a Million to win a dollar he does all of em.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Stories like this make me say hmmmm like try try said if it was such a lock easy money why the odds in such a free fall? They are painting this fight last few days like casual mma fans and the Irish are moving this line lol idk I don't buy it...http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/las-veg...egor-disaster/ lol I love articles like this sharps are waiting to pound lmao

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Nope.

It was rumored to be Brandon Rios.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Couldn't? Or didn't. He has a history of this.
    Last edited by 5918mike; 08-22-17 at 11:39 PM.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Couldn't? Or didn't. He has a history of this.

He requested an installment plan citing a significant upcoming liquidity event that would enable him to pay (MacGregor fight). Sure you could say he just "didn't", but that makes no sense. Why pay 6% interest to the IRS? Even if he had investments he didn't want to sell, he could borrow against them for around 2%....

Take it from me, he has blown his money.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    When MMA fighters are sparring they also practice stand up with 16oz. gloves. For the casual fight fan when they see an MMA fighter with their hands low while engaging in stand up, it is because they have to have them some what low to defend against a take down. You have to under hook and sprawl. Floyd hasn't fought in 2 years. To say there is NO chance for a guy with Conner's power to KO a 40 year old 2 years removed from the ring is absolutely stupid. Look into Floyd's eyes. He no longer wants to fight. He has to fight. Why? Because he is like 99.9% of his Black Brothers, he is a stupid fock. If Conner boxes Floyd it will be a quick fight. Floyd will cut him to ribbons with 8oz gloves. He has to over POWER the weaker fighter. Conner is both physically and mentally way stronger then Floyd. Can't wait for Saturday. The party we have planned will be a great time! The fight will be a disappointment. That's what Floyd should be remembered by-the least entertaining fighter of ALL TIMES! Your legs go when you get old. An old fighter will tell you when they get in the ring after 35 to spare of train the first thing to go is your legs. Also, your chin can't take shots they way you could when younger. Floyd has had hand problems his whole career. If this goes to later rounds Conner can take Floyd's heart from him. These are all IF and Maybes. Hope we all see a fight and not a dance with Floyd acting the FOOL, tongue out, ali shuffle, dance, etc. But, I will bet a Million to win a dollar he does all of em.
    McGregor fights with his hands down and that has nothing to do with defending take downs.. For example - Nate Dias never threatened with take downs in the first fight, both fighters knew neither would shoot, it's just the way McGregor fights.. If he does that against Floyd he'll get punched in the face...

Floyd is 40 years old and 2 years removed, but he's still the best, looked good in his last fight and he is fighting an MMA fighter.. Floyd embarrasses McGregor.. McGregor will be swinging and hitting air..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Its easier to block punches and kicks with big boxing gloves than it is with small 4 ounce MMA gloves. Sparring with big gloves for MMA can be bad because the defense is different.

I think this explains why minorities make bad decisions at times.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just wanna know if this line is gonna shrink in Floyd's favor any more come fight time?

Thoughts anyone? Do we wait any longer to load up?

Line today on Dimes -

Super Welterweight 12 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - Showtime PPV
    Sat 8/26 501 Conor McGregor +410 o9½ +160
    11:00PM 502 Floyd Mayweather Jr -515 u9½ -185

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I just wanna know if this line is gonna shrink in Floyd's favor any more come fight time?

Thoughts anyone? Do we wait any longer to load up?

Line today on Dimes -

Super Welterweight 12 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - Showtime PPV
    Sat 8/26 501 Conor McGregor +410 o9½ +160
    11:00PM 502 Floyd Mayweather Jr -515 u9½ -185
    -505 on BM

12 Last