Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Maloof Brothers Place Small Bet On Floyd Mayweather

The August 26 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor has grabbed a substantial amount of attention in its buildup, thanks to a four-city press tour and the other promotions that come with a major fight. Mayweather, 49-0 in his career as a boxer, is the prohibitive favorite as this will be McGregor’s first-ever boxing match after spending years on the UFC circuit. With that in mind, brothers Gavin and Joe Maloof are looking to cash in, with their winnings being given to charity.

According to the Associated Press the Maloofs, whose family owned the Sacramento Kings from 1998 to 2013, have placed an $880,000 bet on Mayweather to win the fight. Given the boxer’s status as a heavy favorite the return won’t be all that hefty, as the Maloofs stand to make a $160,000 profit. The bet was placed at South Point, with the sports book issuing two $440,000 tickets given the size of the wager.

Gavin Maloof has been a neighbor of Mayweather’s for quite some time, he sounded pretty sure that the champion boxer would take care of business on August 26.

“Floyd is the greatest counterpuncher that probably ever lived,” Gavin Maloof told the Associated Press. “I know Conor is a great puncher, and I’m not taking anything away from the UFC. Conor is probably going to be the aggressor. Floyd will wait until he punches. You have a guy switching sports, and that’s not easy, and then you’re taking on the greatest boxer of all time. Now on the reverse side, you have Conor who’s much younger, and maybe that will affect Floyd. It’s a good fight.”

Should Mayweather win, the Maloofs would distribute the funds to charities on behalf of Never Too Hungover, which is the family’s anti-hangover product.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Crazy

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Booya711; 08-13-17 at 09:19 PM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

880k at -550 would win 160k, not 120k.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    880k at -550 would win 160k, not 120k.
    It's not my ticket

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The ultimate fake ticket.

Unreal.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

They ended up spitting the bet into two $440k tickets, because the machine won't print a "to pay" of more than $1 million.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

thats a lot to lay but should win

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Ez money. Weird "charity" though.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Think about this the next time you challenge someone to post a ticket as proof.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Ticket doesn't make any sense..oh well

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Ticket might of been real just system wont pay over 1 million. Intertops does the same thing at 100k

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Ticket might of been real just system wont pay over 1 million. Intertops does the same thing at 100k
    The ticket isn't correct. That is the problem. Not talking about the wager size. The math is wrong. LOL

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Max payout a million is problem I think. At interops if you put $1000 on a +12500 line it will only pay 100k because that is the max,

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

i like his interview. mayweather said " i owe the people from the pacquio fight ".. and " this won't be a defensive fight ". he looked really humble in the interview ... he doesn't mind losing either... like mayweather here.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    i like his interview. mayweather said " i owe the people from the pacquio fight ".. and " this won't be a defensive fight ". he looked really humble in the interview ... he doesn't mind losing either... like mayweather here.
    He got you Freeze

He's going to fight the same way he always fights defensive occasionally throw some power and the majority throwing half power speed punches that score and look good.

Why the over is the best bet on this fight. Floyd sees everything if you watch his fights he's always looking. He knows it's the punch you don't see coming that does the damage.

The over I'm telling you

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    He got you Freeze

He's going to fight the same way he always fights defensive occasionally throw some power and the majority throwing half power speed punches that score and look good.

Why the over is the best bet on this fight. Floyd sees everything if you watch his fights he's always looking. He knows it's the pinch you don't see coming that does the damage.

The over I'm telling you
    Don't know how long this will go. i think we could see a switch. Usually conner would play the aggressor, stalking and such. i don't believe mayweather said that just to say it. He feels like he needs a good show out to end his career with, i think.

i think it will be a show.. that mayweather will win. floyds team has boxing to a science.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So much money on this fight...

Going to be a WWE scripted match

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

So then these guys wasted roughly $35,000 that they could have placed at another book to get the best payout for their money?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac gonna kick his ass I might make a big play

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

It was the Maloof brothers who own the Palms and are going to donate winning to charity

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Don't know how long this will go. i think we could see a switch. Usually conner would play the aggressor, stalking and such. i don't believe mayweather said that just to say it. He feels like he needs a good show out to end his career with, i think.

i think it will be a show.. that mayweather will win. floyds team has boxing to a science.
    You'll see everybody is convinced he knocks Mcgregor down a bunch of times. We'll see I'm not even sure Floyd can hurt him. People talk about Nate diaz hurting him but people don't know nate is a big ass dude I've rolled with nate @ Kron Gracie's when he's walking around like 6-1 188 he's not a little dude like Floyd. Ask Andre ward about Diaz boxing and that McGregor fight was mma gloves.

Don't be surprised if mcgregor makes it the distance. When was the last time Floyd stopped anybody as tough as mcgregor? Mma guys are used to getting kicked, hit with elbows knees.

When was the last time Floyd even really hurt anybody? victor Ortiz back in 2011? when Ortiz wasn't ready. Lolz

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Floyd is a pussy

The money is if Mac wins both are money hungry and need cash