chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Wow...Conor McGregor is Really Gonna Win, Huh?

I admit, when I first heard this fight was even a possibility, the first thing I thought was, "I am going to bet so much goddamn money on Floyd."

After all, there is no way he loses. He's going for 50-0. This is an easy way for him to not only get to that nice round number, but make a quick $300 million.

When the first odds came out, I believe they were around -1200 for Floyd. I thought that was fair, but still unbelievably low.

Then they started dropping. Floyd is now only -650, and the fight is in two weeks. -650 is really not that heavy of a favorite relative to how most people are talking about this fight.

I've seen three comments in the past day alone that make the same joke: "If you're considering betting on Conor, do yourself a favor and buy a Powerball ticket instead."

Powerball? The odds of winning Powerball are 1 in 75 quadrillion. Conor is +490.

A guy just bet $880,000 on Floyd to win $160,000. The same article I read that little tidbit in also claims that bookmakers are getting "totally lopsided action" on Conor, and that "for every 25 tickets on Conor, there is only 1 on Floyd."

I'm not buying it. It all just feels like propaganda.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Conor McGregor is going to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. I don't know how the hell it's gonna happen, but it's gonna happen.
    Last edited by chargers4222; 08-12-17 at 11:40 AM.

BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 109 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 685 pts

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27

bet Conor by KO or inside 4 rounds

If Conor wins, it will be by KO..highly unlikely he wins a decision

BTP
    Week 6
    3-1-1 261 pts

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/12/2017

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2234

Unlikely you mean impossible

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 209

Is this Floyd's highest guaranteed purse? if so that tells you how crazy people are, to get the highest purse of your career against a non-boxer.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    Unlikely you mean impossible
    pretty much

BTP
    Week 6
    3-1-1 261 pts

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/12/2017

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I admit, when I first heard this fight was even a possibility, the first thing I thought was, "I am going to bet so much goddamn money on Floyd."

After all, there is no way he loses. He's going for 50-0. This is an easy way for him to not only get to that nice round number, but make a quick $300 million.

When the first odds came out, I believe they were around -1200 for Floyd. I thought that was fair, but still unbelievably low.

Then they started dropping. Floyd is now only -650, and the fight is in two weeks. -650 is really not that heavy of a favorite relative to how most people are talking about this fight.

I've seen three comments in the past day alone that make the same joke: "If you're considering betting on Conor, do yourself a favor and buy a Powerball ticket instead."

Powerball? The odds of winning Powerball are 1 in 75 quadrillion. Conor is +490.

A guy just bet $880,000 on Floyd to win $160,000. The same article I read that little tidbit in also claims that bookmakers are getting "totally lopsided action" on Conor, and that "for every 25 tickets on Conor, there is only 1 on Floyd."

I'm not buying it. It all just feels like propaganda.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Conor McGregor is going to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. I don't know how the hell it's gonna happen, but it's gonna happen.
    its not gonna happen
    odds are because koolaid drinkers like yourself only ones betting yet. big money happily watching chalk drop
    think back to when people talking how rousey could beat floyd and she got her ass handed multiple times by 135 pd women

as tyson said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" and while mcgregor isnt rousey hes never really been hit like hes going to be. he's gonna see why floyds unbeaten

connors earning a big check with his mouth- props to him but floyds not coming back for a check and be embarassed in process. and hes not gonna stand flat footed like ufc guys/mcgregor do and give him a clean shot from his only weapon - the left hand. how can connor win if he cant land a clean left shot?

mcgregor gonna be asking himself wtf happened after this one beause hes seriously underestimating the speed of mayweather

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9221

also books are openly saying connor backers are happy getting 4-5:1 when they should be getting 2-3x those odds

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    its not gonna happen
    odds are because koolaid drinkers like yourself only ones betting yet. big money happily watching chalk drop
    think back to when people talking how rousey could beat floyd and she got her ass handed multiple times by 135 pd women

as tyson said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" and while mcgregor isnt rousey hes never really been hit like hes going to be. he's gonna see why floyds unbeaten

connors earning a big check with his mouth- props to him but floyds not coming back for a check and be embarassed in process. and hes not gonna stand flat footed like ufc guys/mcgregor do and give him a clean shot from his only weapon - the left hand. how can connor win if he cant land a clean left shot?

mcgregor gonna be asking himself wtf happened after this one beause hes seriously underestimating the speed of mayweather
    Thank you for proving the point of this post, much appreciated.

BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 109 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 685 pts

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1805

I wouldn't go so far as to predict a victory for Connor. But he is likely the pound for pound best boxer in all of MMA, and in his prime. Whereas Mayweather is over the hill. So he certainly does have a chance.

JaimeMiro
    What I am is a man in a mask.
    JaimeMiro's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48

Floyd wins this by decision, as always... what a joke! not going to bet on either: unless it's Conor by KO before the 3rd round.
    Not going to watch either. Floyd vs Manny was an overhyped waste of time

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

At 40, Floyd could get out there and realize he has nothing left. Conner is the stronger of the two hands down. Floyd doesn't and never has been a fighter who moves around and boxes. Conner doesn't have to worry about Floyd taking a shot on him so he can pressure him at will. Because Floyd is NOT a movement fighter. I have always questioned Floyds stamina. Not because he gases out. Because nobody ever makes him work. I watch him workout and he pitty patters the gloves, the bag and loves to showboat on the speed bag. I hope Conner comes out of the gate and makes this a gritty fight. I wager on MMA. I wouldn't touch this fight because it is boxing. This is the first time in years anyone has spoke of boxing. This sport is corrupt! If Conner doesn't win I hope he head butts Floyd and caves his head in. I wasted so much money on Floyds fights early in his career. Pay $60 to watch him do nothing but taunt and act like a typical _ _ _ _ er. Get him Conner!!!
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave ZINISTER 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    At 40, Floyd could get out there and realize he has nothing left. Conner is the stronger of the two hands down. Floyd doesn't and never has been a fighter who moves around and boxes. Conner doesn't have to worry about Floyd taking a shot on him so he can pressure him at will. Because Floyd is NOT a movement fighter. I have always questioned Floyds stamina. Not because he gases out. Because nobody ever makes him work. I watch him workout and he pitty patters the gloves, the bag and loves to showboat on the speed bag. I hope Conner comes out of the gate and makes this a gritty fight. I wager on MMA. I wouldn't touch this fight because it is boxing. This is the first time in years anyone has spoke of boxing. This sport is corrupt! If Conner doesn't win I hope he head butts Floyd and caves his head in. I wasted so much money on Floyds fights early in his career. Pay $60 to watch him do nothing but taunt and act like a typical _ _ _ _ er. Get him Conner!!!
    The bold is severely incorrect, I think you have Floyd confused with Jack Johnson.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    The bold is severely incorrect, I think you have Floyd confused with Jack Johnson.
    I thought he was being sarcastic, to be fair... Otherwise, his fights against Castillo and Corrales may be worth a watch.

ZINISTER

Floyd mostly stands in a 50/50 fighting stance with shoulder covering chin and pivots with the punches. He is not a movement fighter. He fights in spurts and takes the remaining 85% of the round off. He is an excellent boxer no doubt about it. His heart is in question with me. I have followed him his whole career. I can't stand his kind! They made the sport suck! Point fighting to build up rounds and play it safe for the remainder of the rounds to coast to an easy win. It has worked for him! Just want to see someone make him work harder and make it a phone booth brawl.
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 08-13-17 at 11:49 PM.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

Floyd mostly stands in a 50/50 fighting stance with shoulder covering chin and pivots with the punches. He is not a movement fighter. He fights in spurts and takes the remaining 85% of the round off. He is an excellent boxer no doubt about it. His heart is in question with me. I have followed him his whole career. I can't stand his kind! They made the sport suck! Point fighting to build up rounds and play it safe for the remainder of the rounds to coast to an easy win. It has worked for him! Just want to see someone make him work harder and make it a phone booth brawl.
    Actually he fights Southpaws with his hands up instead of the shoulder roll. I agree he is not the most exciting fighter but the sport is far from shitty, and with the old guard all retiring as of late, there are a lot of new up and comers to take hold of. Watch the damn HBO triple-header on Sept. 9th with the Gonzalez/Rungsvai, Cuadras/Estrada, and Inoue/Nieves fights if you want to see proper boxing.

GunShard
    Bet less than 5% of your bankroll.
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

"for every 25 tickets on Conor, there is only 1 on Floyd."

If that is true. Mayweather is going to win. Fading the public is money.

brooks85
    rkelly sniffs during golden showers
    brooks85's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3408

who saw the conor/malinaggi sparring video?

It looked a lot more like pauly has fallen off big time which isn't surprising considering his personal life right now. But that was just embarrassing, wtf was he thinking when he said to release the video lol
    Last edited by brooks85; 08-14-17 at 09:02 AM.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/09/2017

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

Sanity Check
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4859

100% correct.

Andre Berto had no trouble putting Floyd on the ropes & Floyd didn't do anything to run away or get off the ropes.

If Conor makes Floyd work, he might tire Floyd out and pull an upset.

BTP
    Week 5
    3-1-1 202 pts

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO

Any CM bet is going directly into the books pocket....as well all know +490 gets bet after bet by dreamers all day.....not many people laying the juice..... The promotional tour is all $ generation for the book and the fighters....it makes believers out of fans that know NOTHING about the sport LOL....the point system...the judges...that power means nothing ect.... CM has no problem being embarrassed and disappearing into the night with 75-100M...lol

ZINISTER

JC the new generation of fighters are getting back to what the fans want. A FIGHT! Just look at the last names of all the fighters you listed. The South American and Island fighters grew up tough. I love watching a battle not some boring jabfest. Irish fighters have the same M.O. they bring the fight to their opponent. They don't back down!
    Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Actually he fights Southpaws with his hands up instead of the shoulder roll. I agree he is not the most exciting fighter but the sport is far from shitty, and with the old guard all retiring as of late, there are a lot of new up and comers to take hold of. Watch the damn HBO triple-header on Sept. 9th with the Gonzalez/Rungsvai, Cuadras/Estrada, and Inoue/Nieves fights if you want to see proper boxing.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 248

Seen a ticket posted by someone that laid $880,000 on Floyd to win. Money won is supposed to get donated to charity.

BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 173 pts

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Any CM bet is going directly into the books pocket....as well all know +490 gets bet after bet by dreamers all day.....not many people laying the juice..... The promotional tour is all $ generation for the book and the fighters....it makes believers out of fans that know NOTHING about the sport LOL....the point system...the judges...that power means nothing ect.... CM has no problem being embarrassed and disappearing into the night with 75-100M...lol
    The bold is so correct, there is no more happier person on the planet than Mr. Mcgregor. He couldnt care less about the results, Im sure he cant himself believe how gullible people are.

ZINISTER

Hope the charity was "Black Lives Matters" and McGregor Beats the smile off Floyd's face. Not that I'm racist or nothing. God Bless Donald Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Seen a ticket posted by someone that laid $880,000 on Floyd to win. Money won is supposed to get donated to charity.

ZINISTER

If I had a $Dollar$ for every racist thing I have said, I would have a Black guy trying to ROB me!

PaperTrail07

Was his neighbor LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

PaperTrail07

100% agree..... it has to seem surreal...
    The bold is so correct, there is no more happier person on the planet than Mr. Mcgregor. He couldnt care less about the results, Im sure he cant himself believe how gullible people are.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 892

Seriously u post in the fight threads and if u think Conor is just gonna come in there and collect a check maybe i shouldn't read anymore of your post. The reason he brought Pauly in was because Pauly talked a ton of shit on him. The guy is gonna go in there and try to win. It is in his DNA. Plane and simple. U asshole who keep making it like this is just a show will be right there watching. When has Conor ever come into a fight thinking he was gonna lose? Cut the guy a break. If he wins it will go down as the biggest upset in history and probably make him a 300 million dollar fighter in the boxing world. That is a lot of cheese to go thru the motions. Stop it already
    Last edited by Thor4140; 08-16-17 at 05:04 PM.

BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 342 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 345 pts

Thor4140

Cmon JT. He wins he automatically becomes a 300 million dollar fighter in the boxing world. Do u think he thinks about that. Did u ever see him fight to make these statements?

BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 342 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 345 pts

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    its not gonna happen

that is a fair post. Better than the guys who think Conor just talked his way into this and is gonna lay down and collect

BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 342 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 345 pts

brooks85
    rkelly sniffs during golden showers
    brooks85's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3408

^nice

floyd says if everything goes right he will make $350 mil, Uncle Sam is waiting
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/09/2017

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    "for every 25 tickets on Conor, there is only 1 on Floyd."

If that is true. Mayweather is going to win. Fading the public is money.
    Again, thank you for proving the point of this thread.

BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 109 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 685 pts

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t View Post
    Good luck dude. Worth a shot for sure.

BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 109 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 685 pts

chargers4222

I would argue that Floyd has much less of an issue with losing and "disappearing into the night," but if Conor does win, there will be a rematch. That's another $400 mil for each guy.

Conor is going to win this somehow. I still do not know how, but he's gonna do it. And anyone betting "KO in first 4 rounds" and stuff like that... is +490 straight up really not good enough for you?

BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 109 pts

BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 101 pts

BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 685 pts

PaperTrail07

This thread on the 27th
    Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I would argue that Floyd has much less of an issue with losing and "disappearing into the night," but if Conor does win, there will be a rematch. That's another $400 mil for each guy.

Conor is going to win this somehow. I still do not know how, but he's gonna do it. And anyone betting "KO in first 4 rounds" and stuff like that... is +490 straight up really not good enough for you?

12 Last