Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Watching more tape on Whittaker, he throws that head kick with the perfect frequency. Does big damage when it lands because it is surprising to opponents. It's surprising because he doesn't spam it.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

I need to do more research, but my gut says Nunes. She seems more vicious and dominant than Schevchenko. I watched some interviews with Schevchenko. I didn't realize she doesn't even need to cut weight. 135 lbs is her natural weight. The best fighters cut a decent amount of weight, they're giving up a muscle advantage if they don't.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    mark my words bobby knuckles tkos romero though
    and overeem has werdums number , i think hell get a decision win

also the more i look into things the more i like pettis over miller

cowboy/lawler still in the air.. may just enjoy that fight as a fan and no bet
    Yeah at least we agree on those man. maybe do a 3 team parlay of those.Bet it pays good. Man I'm so damn excited for this card.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

amanda lost to zingano , wouldve lost 100% to schevchenko if there first fight was 5 rounds, beat a almost retired tate and a one dimensional rousey... not even that impressive imo , the bullets wins over holm in a straight striking match then subbing pena is more impressive imo

5 rounds this fight favors valentina imo, amandas cardio can never really improve thats just the way she fights , shes super explosive and has a ton of power, they match up extremely well regardless .. easily the 2 best woman at 135, going to be an extremely tight fight and i could see either winning , but i favor valentina here in a 5 round scrap
    You do have a good point Fire as this is a 5 rounder and Nunes cardio is a question mark when going past 3... Still Nunes beat Valentina by UN decision over 3 rounds in their last fight.. That means all 3 judges saw Nunes winning every round...

All she has to do is win the first 3 rounds again and coast thru the last 2.. I think it will be tough to take that belt from her.. Nunes knows exactly who she is fighting and comes in with alot of confidence being the champ..

I still lean Nunes... Nunes is a killer.. Couldn't finish her in the fight also this second go around.. Hits like a man..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-17 at 12:09 PM.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

rewatch the fight schevchenko was close to finishing nunes round 3 and took the round on all 3 judges scorecards..
    a unanimous decision doesnt mean you won all 3 rounds it means you won 2/3 rounds

they match up well regardless and i like Hugos idea of betting valentina after losing round 1 if she survives which i think she will because youll get an even better price

and technical striking wise the bullet is better imo, nunes has more power though which is the main reason her cardio will fall off latter rounds because shes all power and explosion while valentina is technique so she can go longer, then nunes has an explosive ground game but valentina has a judo/ finness grappling game... excited for this matchup by far the 2 best girls at 135
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Watching more tape on Whittaker, he throws that head kick with the perfect frequency. Does big damage when it lands because it is surprising to opponents. It's surprising because he doesn't spam it.
    Kinda like fighting Jacare, same type of match up in his last fight.. Probably same result but Romero does maybe hit harder and have better chin then Jacare, not as good a gas tank though..

Love Whittaker to dish out the same type of punishment that he did to Jacare

Whittiker does have to watch out for the wrestling and one punch power though from Romero early on...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-17 at 02:07 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

rewatch the fight schevchenko was close to finishing nunes round 3 and took the round on all 3 judges scorecards..
    a unanimous decision doesnt mean you won all 3 rounds it means you won 2/3 rounds

they match up well regardless and i like Hugos idea of betting valentina after losing round 1 if she survives which i think she will because youll get an even better price

and technical striking wise the bullet is better imo, nunes has more power though which is the main reason her cardio will fall off latter rounds because shes all power and explosion while valentina is technique so she can go longer, then nunes has an explosive ground game but valentina has a judo/ finness grappling game... excited for this matchup by far the 2 best girls at 135
    That's true 2/3 or 3/3 rounds is UN, had a brain fart in my post... Thanks for the correction.. I will rewatch that 3rd round..

Could maybe play Nunes straight for large, then hedge with round 4 and 5 Valentina finish then (odds are good enough on those props).. The 02.5 at -140 is tempting also but Nunes could get the KO finish perhaps early on..

UFC 213 - Bantamweight 5 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 7/8 1001 Valentina Shevchenko -125 o2½ -140
    11:59PM 1002 Amanda Nunes +105 u2½ +120

hedge -

1021 Shevchenko wins in round 4 +1250

1023 Shevchenko wins in round 5 +1850
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-17 at 12:25 PM.

Demonata

I just see Nunez winning at least 3 rounds, also taking valentina down to tire her out and landing big shots on her too.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I just see Nunez winning at least 3 rounds, also taking valentina down to tire her out and landing big shots on her too.
    very even fight regardless wouldnt go to large on this one.... either could win this matchup both styles matchup well and are both very well rounded .... the only weakness either has shown really is nunes with her cardio

much better spots on this card to go big imo, top 3 card of the year easy though
    michael johnson vs justin gaethje the day before as well which is amazing

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

very even fight regardless wouldnt go to large on this one.... either could win this matchup both styles matchup well and are both very well rounded .... the only weakness either has shown really is nunes with her cardio

much better spots on this card to go big imo, top 3 card of the year easy though
    michael johnson vs justin gaethje the day before as well which is amazing
    Fantastic match up, both brawlers.. MJ has the granite chin and I'm not convinced Gaethje can drop him and or out work him.. I'm a big fan of Justin Gaethje as he comes forward and is always game but I think this is a bad match up for him stylistically.. The 0 could go...

You can beat MJ with superior wrestling and or stick and move boxing technique but not with pressure brawling like Justin likes to do... That's plays right into MJ's wheel house..

UFC match makers really gave Justin a very tough test for his first fight in the UFC.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Justin-Gaethje-46648

Curious to see what odds that line opens up at????

Justin will bring the pressure....

I could maybe see this happening to Justin...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-17 at 03:11 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

wow I can't believe Nunes is now the underdog....no hespect!

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Anyone have any insight into yesterday's huge line move on Shevchenko/Nunes?

Could be syndicate steam or whatever you want to call it.

I always wonder if a move like this is information driven: does Nunes have a secret camp injury or something?

I happened to have locked in Schevkeno +118 before, so I guess I'm sitting pretty.

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You do have a good point Fire as this is a 5 rounder and Nunes cardio is a question mark when going past 3... Still Nunes beat Valentina by UN decision over 3 rounds in their last fight.. That means all 3 judges saw Nunes winning every round...

All she has to do is win the first 3 rounds again and coast thru the last 2.. I think it will be tough to take that belt from her.. Nunes knows exactly who she is fighting and comes in with alot of confidence being the champ..

I still lean Nunes... Nunes is a killer.. Couldn't finish her in the fight also this second go around.. Hits like a man..

Yea she didn't win R3 Jibbs, you might wanna rewatch that, fact o' the matter is she got her ass handed to her in R3 and almost KO'd.

Nunes best asset is striking, but compared to Schev, her cardio and ground skills are in question. She may have worked on both, but I doubt either is better than Schev atm.

Now while I am on Schev, I will say this, the beating she took for the first two rounds last time was horrendous, very curious to see how that same potential sequence plays out again, tbh I don't see Schev winning this until after 1.5 at the very least.

Capping this for Nunes is simple, ITD and prolly rounds 1-2. After that Nunes is gonna be tired, when she's not she has such good and powerful strikes it hides her horrid plodding style footwork, after she dumps some energy, Schev will eat her alive. Definitely Nunes fight to lose imo.

The problem for Schev is a big one though, literally. This is gonna be a much less shy, and by all appearances bigger Nunes. Her striking seems more evolved and even more lethal, it will definitely test Schevchenko's ability to absorb damage.

Also, if we see Yamaretard reffing go Nunes 1 and 2, he won't let Schev work through it.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave rsynweap84 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave rsynweap84 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Wohlford View Post

I always wonder if a move like this is information driven: does Nunes have a secret camp injury or something?

I happened to have locked in Schevkeno +118 before, so I guess I'm sitting pretty.
    Dont even worry about line movement. Look at the kish herring fight everyone bet on kish and made herring like +130 and still.dominated her. I likenunez bevausr she will be bigger and stronger since valentina this is her natural weight

rsynweap84

UFC 213 - Bantamweight 5 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 7/8 1001 Valentina Shevchenko -125 o2½ -140
    11:59PM 1002 Amanda Nunes +105 u2½ +120

Wow. Well, while I am on Schev this is very stupid, will now commence taking Nunes at plus money in several open parlays, this is gonna be very nice, now got em both at +105...stupid bookies...

Btw just posted these odds from 5Dimes at 6:21pm CST, who cares why the shift, just take le' profit when given!

Bwaaaaaaahahaha!

Just took 3 of these...

445822974-1 6/27/17 7:28pm $20.00 $21.00 Open 4 Team Parlay
    Pending 7/8/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Amanda Nunes +105* vs Valentina Shevchenko

And 9 of these...

445823165-1 6/27/17 7:30pm $10.00 $10.50 Open 6 Team Parlay
    Pending 7/8/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Amanda Nunes +105* vs Valentina Shevchenko

TY Bookies, and kudos to the dude who posted earlier bout the line movement, was like "wtf this guy talkin bout and oh look 5Dimes went nuts..."

Now I jus gotta fill em'...

I now have many parlays to fill, with bot at +105...except for this one which is the only full parlay I currently have atm...

445088995-1 6/20/17 11:00pm $125.00 $4,886.86 Pending 3 Team Parlay
    Pending 7/8/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1001 Valentina Shevchenko +105* vs Amanda Nunes
    Pending 7/29/17 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Jon Jones -265* vs Daniel Cormier
    Pending 8/26/17 11:00pm Boxing Props Fighting 727 McGregor wins in round 1-6 +1320* vs Any other result

C'mon lady luck!
    Last edited by rsynweap84; 06-27-17 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Had to take plus money on Nunes too good to pass up...

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I stopped betting against Yoel Romero a long time ago.
    Who is this bobby knuckles? I knew him since The TUF smashes and I known only by the Reaper. This was always the main event to me.
    I took Shev over Amanda in their first fight, it's posted. But. Amanda Nunes is a completely different animal. I hate betting on women's fights. I hate watching it too though.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 06-27-17 at 06:36 PM.

Wohlford

Dont even worry about line movement. Look at the kish herring fight everyone bet on kish and made herring like +130 and still.dominated her. I likenunez bevausr she will be bigger and stronger since valentina this is her natural weight
    Line movement isn't everything, but you'd be a fool to disregard it completely.

On the separate topic of handicapping this fight: while Nunes will be the bigger fighter, she also faces a skill and gastank deficit. Rewatch Nunes/Shevchenko 1. Shevchenko dominated the third round and would have easily won a 5 round fight.

Nunes rose to fame beating two old, big-name fighters on the brink of retirement: Tate and Rousey. Yes, she beat the shit out of them, but so would any top 5 BW in 2016-2017. Be careful. This is a perfect storm for creating an overrated fighter.
    Last edited by Wohlford; 06-27-17 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

NUTSonYAchin

that main event is a toss up...won't bet against either as I think it will be close...but I definitely lean Whitaker and Overeem

NUTSonYAchin

any thoughts on Lawler vs Cerrone? both looked like cans in their last fight

Demonata

Just rewatched nunes fight, I like nunes even more. Valentina showed me nothing that she will win this fight. Nunes dominated her at everything. Everyone's overreacting about the 3rd round. She wasnt gassed.just the only round valentina actually got to hold top position on the ground a little bit. Nunes strimger better at tajedowns and controlling center of the cage. Also so good on the ground. See no reason she wont bloody uo.valentina for another easy win. Nunes also could have dominated that 3rd but td fidnt go her way and she ended up on her back. She even kicked vakentina s leg hard that round and valentina almlst fell down. Not impressed at all and why.compare who they beat when they have faught each other not too long agk and thats the only one I really think.shows who to taje. Nunes and not even worried. She wont get kod by valentina or subbed and will win at leaat 3 rounds.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post
    any thoughts on Lawler vs Cerrone? both looked like cans in their last fight
    How can you say lawlor looked like a can when he got knocked out that fast lol. I like lawlor since he's agressive and cowbly doesn't do well against pressure fighters.he likes trading blows from a distance.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Anyone that's betting Nunes are expecting Nunes cardio to gas out past round 3 because of that previous fight.

Hugo de Naranja

Most likely a big Tout (probably Luca Fury) released Shev as a pick

Wohlford

Most likely a big Tout (probably Luca Fury) released Shev as a pick
    Who the fook is that guy? lol
    Last edited by Wohlford; 06-27-17 at 07:31 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

Who the fook is that guy? lol
    Look him up. An internet asshole who has a ton of followers that mindlessly tail his bets after paying $100 for them

rsynweap84

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Anyone that's betting Nunes are expecting Nunes cardio to gas out past round 3 because of that previous fight.
    Well that one, the Cat Zingano fight, and the fact that she rarely gets to a 3rd. Her chin is worth questioning too, she clearly got hurt by Valentina's knee, KO'd after gassing by Zingano, and KO'd by of all people, Alexis Davis. She's also been submitted. She's a black belt in BJJ, but Demetrious Johnson just killed the last guy to try and use it on him, and DJ is a white belt. Nunes might have sorted her cardio issues out, but getting bigger and throwing strikes harder than perviously thrown, don't spell success in that formula.

Imo she should be(was) the favorite, the line shift is just nice to take for the plus odds, truthfully, I wouldn't be surprise to see Nunes take it before or in 3, but if Valentina still stands after that, she might have a problem.

Wohlford

Just rewatched nunes fight, I like nunes even more. Valentina showed me nothing that she will win this fight. Nunes dominated her at everything. Everyone's overreacting about the 3rd round. She wasnt gassed.just the only round valentina actually got to hold top position on the ground a little bit. Nunes strimger better at tajedowns and controlling center of the cage. Also so good on the ground. See no reason she wont bloody uo.valentina for another easy win. Nunes also could have dominated that 3rd but td fidnt go her way and she ended up on her back. She even kicked vakentina s leg hard that round and valentina almlst fell down. Not impressed at all and why.compare who they beat when they have faught each other not too long agk and thats the only one I really think.shows who to taje. Nunes and not even worried. She wont get kod by valentina or subbed and will win at leaat 3 rounds.
    If you watched that fight and won't at least concede that Nunes got dominated in the clinch then I pity whatever's left of your bankroll and the windows at whatever bar you watch the fight at.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post
    Yea she didn't win R3 Jibbs, you might wanna rewatch that, fact o' the matter is she got her ass handed to her in R3 and almost KO'd.

Nunes best asset is striking, but compared to Schev, her cardio and ground skills are in question. She may have worked on both, but I doubt either is better than Schev atm.

Now while I am on Schev, I will say this, the beating she took for the first two rounds last time was horrendous, very curious to see how that same potential sequence plays out again, tbh I don't see Schev winning this until after 1.5 at the very least.

Capping this for Nunes is simple, ITD and prolly rounds 1-2. After that Nunes is gonna be tired, when she's not she has such good and powerful strikes it hides her horrid plodding style footwork, after she dumps some energy, Schev will eat her alive. Definitely Nunes fight to lose imo.

The problem for Schev is a big one though, literally. This is gonna be a much less shy, and by all appearances bigger Nunes. Her striking seems more evolved and even more lethal, it will definitely test Schevchenko's ability to absorb damage.

Also, if we see Yamaretard reffing go Nunes 1 and 2, he won't let Schev work through it.
    1009 Nunes wins inside distance +190

1041 Nunes wins by TKO/KO +305
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

If you watched that fight and won't at least concede that Nunes got dominated in the clinch then I pity whatever's left of your bankroll and the windows at whatever bar you watch the fight at.
    Yeah my bankroll is dipping under 50k now... I.still say nunes wont at least 80% of that fight.lol yeah no.more vandalism. I still have to pay the owners for that. Im watching this in wendover at a big casino and will try and keep my cool haha no promises.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    1009 Nunes wins inside distance +190

1041 Nunes wins by TKO/KO +305
    Took the Round 1 prop big as well

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Took the Round 1 prop big as well
    I think both fighters will pace themselves knowing it's a 5 round fight.. I'm not confident that this fight will end in the 1st round.. Actually starting to lean on the O2.5 bet..

Good luck though Hugo, you never know with Nunes? She's a beast early on.. If she comes out swinging anything can and does sometimes happen..

1025 Nunes wins in round 1 +555

Hugo de Naranja

Nunes is a TERROR early. Check out her record. Every UFC win she has other than her first fight with Shev was a first round finish. That's six of seven. Even in that Shev fight she hurt her bad early.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Nunes

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Fury has made some awful bets recently and missed some easy ones. I think he's losing his touch.

Look him up. An internet asshole who has a ton of followers that mindlessly tail his bets after paying $100 for them

rsynweap84

Nunes is a TERROR early. Check out her record. Every UFC win she has other than her first fight with Shev was a first round finish. That's six of seven. Even in that Shev fight she hurt her bad early.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Nunes
    Yerp I think its r1 or 2 for Nunes, debating covering her for 3, 4 and 5 nope and hell no.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post
    wow I can't believe Nunes is now the underdog....no hespect!
    I'm literally laughing out loud on the back and forth on here regarding this fight.

First 12345 ... Last