JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    If you like the under 1.5 rds, then you can get a better price at Pinny (or Nitrogen which uses pinny lines) for -170. What's your line of reasoning for Couture finishing this fight? KO on the feet, ground and pound TKO, sub?
    My bad I read your post wrong and thought you were talking about Randy..

Ryan by ground and pound and then a finish by either Sub or KO not sure? Maybe KO but that prop I don't see up on the board.. That's why I said ITD but the odds are jacked..

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Wanderlei Silva will be easy money.. It will be fast too...

But he's such a can too! He hasn't fought in like 5 years

However, Chael's performance vs Tito was unbelievable embarrassing...I'm torn.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

DOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    And you think Fedors will? 100 betpoints?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

This is a really good card (as good as Bellator can deliver) i feel was promoted horribly. I didn't even know about it until three days ago. Maybe it is just me being out of the loop i guess.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post

On the Bellator Vivisection, Zane Simon said that Sonnen seems to be taking the Bob Sapp route now. Basically, when the fight gets difficult at all, he might be looking for a way out. At the very least, Wandy seems like a psychopath that you have to finish before he stops trying.

Wandy at 0-0 is at least still undefeated in the mma senior circuit whereas Chael is 0-1.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    This is a really good card (as good as Bellator can deliver) i feel was promoted horribly. I didn't even know about it until three days ago. Maybe it is just me being out of the loop i guess.
    Everybody's been saying this and it seems weird to me too. Where were the press conferences, and sound bytes of Chael trash talking Wandy? They made very little effort to hype this up. I guess if it does poorly, they have an excuse. Still, very strange strategy.

PaperTrail07

I mean it has everyone on Facebook confused as well....Bellator180 then Ballator NYC...seems like 2 events.....just call it the fuckn prelims and get on with it LOL...the promotions were dogshit...maybe they feel everyone across the pond will bite bc of fedor...who knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Everybody's been saying this and it seems weird to me too. Where were the press conferences, and sound bytes of Chael trash talking Wandy? They made very little effort to hype this up. I guess if it does poorly, they have an excuse. Still, very strange strategy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post

Can on can scrap for sure.... Yep the Axe Murderer hasn't fought in 4 years and he's 40 years old.. Still he showed well in last fight against Brian Stann.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chael-Sonnen-4112

Chael looked like a shell of his former self against Tito.. Looking like he didn't even wanna be there.. Chael doesn't seem to have much fight left in him from what I saw... He looked out of shape and soft..

You gotta think W. Silva will come out swinging like he always does.. Chael will fold again once he gets clipped, go fetal and look for the ref to bail him out.. He'll pick up a Bellator check and be happy not to get injured..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-23-17 at 11:52 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It is a solid card for Bellfor standards, you notice it's on Saturday and the UFC is on Sunday which is good Bellator.. They don't overlap in the same time slots..

Not alot of promoting I agree. Probably don't have the advertising budget to promote it like the UFC does..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Buying this.

UncleChael

I'm not sure how you could bet on a guy named Meat-head who got dropped in the first 30 seconds in his Bellator debut against a bum and he's now fighting arguably the greatest heavweight of all time. It's fighting though, we'll see what happens on Saturday. As always, best of luck men.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    I'm not sure how you could bet on a guy named Meat-head who got dropped in the first 30 seconds in his Bellator debut against a bum and he's now fighting arguably the greatest heavweight of all time. It's fighting though, we'll see what happens on Saturday. As always, best of luck men.
    Have you seen Fedor's last fight?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Bellator weigh ins..

Looks like Chael has been juicing a bit.. He looks in shape.. Shiiiiiit I was hoping he was gonna look soft.. Wand looks like he got the old man body going on.. Chael may be game if he got in shape for this fight.. Maybe he could get his wrestling on and put Wand on his back, still yet to be seen though....

I'm still going with Axe Murderer but not loading up now..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-23-17 at 09:10 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Wanderlei Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Bj Penn, it could end up being a bad weekend for the legends of MMA.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Chael

Bader

Meathead

Larkin
    Last edited by GoBlue77; 06-23-17 at 06:51 PM.

UncleChael

Chael

Fedor

Lima

Mr. Wonderful

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol fedor lost to fabio maldonado a 205er who was cut from the ufc.....
    meathead is going to ko fedor tomorrow night

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Meat Head has the better chin out of the two that's all I know.. Fedor could still drop Meat Head but I'm not betting on that to happen. Meat Head still in his 30's and has been active and winning fights.. I like his chances against the aged Fedor with the chin that is turning to glass...

Fedor is gonna have to land a clean bomb like this ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fedor almost had Hendo...

Tapped to werdum

Bottom line Fedor has done alot of drunken dances in recent fights.. Never a good sign as it's a clear indicator of the chin going with age..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-23-17 at 09:09 PM.

eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Wand might be a can and maybe the matchup favors Sonnen stylistically but he is too damn error prone / looks for ways out sometimes. He needs to be mistake-free to crush Wand and I don't see it. I like Wand and I also like Wand +3.5 even though those points are very pricey.

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    Silva- Mitrione-Davis-Lima
    Yup had my four up awhile ago

GL Men

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Chael

Bader

Meathead

Larkin
    Betting on Chael sonnan aka bob sapp? I dont think he wants to fight when the going gets tuf anymore

firekillex

comparing chael sonnen to bob sapp... cmon man

UncleChael

Send in anybody you want, don't send anyone you want back.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    lol fedor lost to fabio maldonado a 205er who was cut from the ufc.....
    meathead is going to ko fedor tomorrow night
    Fedor looked awfully fluffy under that shit. Ill pass on this one. Just can't trust Meathead. He might come with way to much respect for Fedor. Who knows with Meathead. Was Fedor a juicer? All those guys at pride seem to be. Fedor never looked it but either did the Warmaster.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Changing sides to Davis. The more Ive read up, this is a rematch for Davis from back in his UFC days with Bader. Count me in on Mr Wonderful.

Chael
    Meathead
    Larkin
    Davis

firekillex

Fedor looked awfully fluffy under that shit. Ill pass on this one. Just can't trust Meathead. He might come with way to much respect for Fedor. Who knows with Meathead. Was Fedor a juicer? All those guys at pride seem to be. Fedor never looked it but either did the Warmaster.
    Do your research, mitrione has only watched like 2 fedor fights and isn't scared of him at all, he's not even an mma fan or watches fights he's said multiple times, it's like any other opponent to him. Tko all day fedor has looked like shit for years now

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Changing sides to Davis. The more Ive read up, this is a rematch for Davis from back in his UFC days with Bader. Count me in on Mr Wonderful.

Chael
    Meathead
    Larkin
    Davis
    I took Bader in their first fight BIG.. He didnt do a thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMAmania write ups --

205 lbs.: Chael Sonnen (29-15-1) vs. Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1, 1 NC)

Fight fans have every reason to be skeptical of the “grudge match” when two fighters who vowed pain and punishment on each other hug it out and shake hands after a bout. Chael Sonnen in particular is well known for cashing checks with his mouth, so anything he says has more to do with promoting a fight than actual deep-seated animosity. Even if it’s a work on Sonnen’s part though, Silva has always taken the disrespect personally and responded in kind to the antics of the “American Gangster.” Now at last he gets his chance to shut Sonnen’s mouth with his fists.

What can we expect from these fighters in 2017 though beyond the trash talk? Sonnen hasn’t won a fight since 2013, and Tito Ortiz humbled him in January, so beyond the fact he’s a former collegiate All-American who nearly beat Anderson Silva on wrestling alone, we are left with an aging fighter (40) with the largest arms in West Linn, Oregon. His great physique may make for memorable press conferences and photo ops, but it doesn’t make him faster going for a takedown, and the one thing wrestlers can’t afford to lose is their speed.
    The good news for Sonnen is that “The Axe Murderer” Silva is himself damaged goods. He also hasn’t won a fight since 2013, and was suspended for refusing a drug test the last time he was scheduled to face Sonnen. It took two years for Silva to get a lifetime ban in Nevada overturned, and while that freed the way for him to fight elsewhere thanks to commission reciprocity, four full years off from fighting can’t be beneficial to a man who’s now 40. The sex appeal of Silva lies largely in a reputation he made in PRIDE FC all the way back in the 2000’s.
    Based on that past history though Silva can NOT be underestimated as a knockout artist, with 30 of his 38 wins (79%) coming in brutal fashion. His percentage of wins overall (73%) is also impressive, but having 52 fights with so many of them being wars takes a hard toll on your body. His record over his last 10 fights is much less impressive, winning just 40% of the time. Sonnen’s record is 50% over his last 10 bouts, but it’s more telling that he’s only won one of his last five. You’d be right to question if Sonnen cares more about getting paid for a fight than ACTUALLY winning the fight, and since Silva takes everything Sonnen says personally, his motivation level to win is off the charts. It could be either man’s last fight but it matters far more to Silva.
    Final prediction: Wanderlei Silva via first round technical knockout

265 lbs.:
    Fedor Emelianenko (36-4, 1 NC) vs. Matt Mitrione (11-5)

If you’re experiencing deja vu reading this preview it’s with good reason — we’ve talked about this fight before. That’s honestly why I’m adding a fight from the “Prelims” portion of the card to my preview, because very little has changed from then to now other than Mitrione having a few kidney stones removed. Mitrione’s talent level is high, his inconsistencies perplexing, but his opportunity to notch a historic milestone huge. Emelianenko is unquestionably a MMA legend, but after taking a beating from journeyman Fabio Maldonado, I have more reasonable doubts than Jay-Z’s debut album. His five fight win streak includes a three year retirement and a lot of fighters who ARE questionable in the 2010’s, so if Mitrione fails here it’s because he bought the Emelianenko hype instead of believing in his own skills.
    Final prediction: Matt Mitrione wins via first round knockout

170 lbs.: Douglas Lima (28-6) vs. Lorenz Larkin (18-5, 1 NC)

Long renowned as the “Phenom” of Bellator’s Welterweight division, the resilient 29-year-old Douglas Lima has earned a chance to make the first defense of his second title reign on one of the grandest stages in sports. To do so he’ll have to dismantle the former UFC and Strikeforce standout Lorenz Larkin, winner of four of his last five with his only loss coming in a somewhat questionable split decision defeat against Albert Tumenov.
    Larkin’s one of the more underrated fighters in the sport, particularly after successfully dropping from Middleweight to Welterweight, which makes him an ideal acquisition for Bellator MMA. He’s got a 75% win ratio in fights (18 of 24) and finished 11 of 18 wins (61%) by knockout, including a dismantling of Neil Magny that should have kept him in UFC but didn’t. That’s good news against anybody other than Lima, who has an even higher 82% win ratio (28 of 34) and who is a prodigious knockout artist in his own right (13 finishes) and great at jiu-jitsu (11 submissions).
    A clear strategy emerges for Lima in this fight — stand if you must, shoot if you can. At 6’1” with a 71” reach he’s well matched with Larkin, who is 5’11” with a 72” reach. He can work at range until Larkin gets too aggressive, shoot for the legs, then work Larkin over on the ground. A submission may be tough since Larkin hasn’t tapped in a single fight, but that’s no reason for Lima to not at least try. That fact has to give Larkin confidence though that even if he’s taken down he can and will survive the ground game and get to his feet, where he’s been deadly in the past. A lot of people are overlooking this fight who shouldn’t be given it’s a potential classic in the making.
    Final prediction: Douglas Lima gets a unanimous decision after five rounds

155 lbs.:
    Michael Chandler (16-3) vs. Brent Primus (7-0)

In a talent rich division Brent Primus may have seemed an unlikely candidate to challenge Michael Chandler for the Lightweight title, but at 7-0 with four submissions you have to give the 32 year old some respect as a serious threat. That said he’s gone to split decision wins in his last two fights and his Bellator 153 performance was sub par at best. It hardly compares to the four fight win streak the two-time champion Chandler has been on, including a grueling five round war with Benson Henderson that solidified his reign on top. Honestly Primus just don’t have what Chandler does in any area — he doesn’t have the wrestling credentials, the one punch stopping power, or the pedigree of opponents he’s beaten. He’s only undefeated because he’s never faced Chandler before and that’s all about to change.
    Final prediction: Michael Chandler via second round rear naked choke

155 lbs.: Aaron Pico (Debut) vs. Zach Freeman (8-2)

You may scoff at the notion that an inexperienced fighter is getting to debut in Bellator live on pay per view, but that just means you missed out on the hype when he was signed. Aaron Pico now has to either live up to or live down being dubbed “MMA’s greatest prospect” on the biggest stage possible. No pressure right? To make matters worse Zach Freeman is far from a scrub, winning 50% of his fights by submissions, presenting the danger that if the Olympic caliber wrestler Pico takes Freeman down he might pay for it in a big way. With all of that said I have this feeling that Freeman is somehow a “hand picked opponent” who they feel Pico can study tape on until a glaring weakness is exposed. I’m eschewing logic on this one and picking the prospect.
    Final prediction: Aaron Pico wins his debut via unanimous decision

205 lbs.: Phil Davis (17-3, 1 NC) vs. Ryan Bader (22-5)

Last but certainly not least is a title defense for “Mr. Wonderful” Phil Davis against fellow former UFC star Ryan Bader. These two have history, with Bader picking up a split decision the last time they meant, which leaves the Bellator champion Davis itching for a chance to avenge that loss. For Bellator newcomer Bader though confidence has to be high knowing that he holds a win over the champ, meaning he just needs to repeat his performance over five rounds instead of three.
    Both men have arguably the best wrestling pedigree of any Light Heavyweight in the sport in or outside of Bellator. Davis is a four-time All-American at Penn State, while Bader was a two-time All-American and three-time PAC-10 champion at Arizona State. One might assume that leads to matches where all of their time is spent scoring points via takedowns, but Bader has eight knockouts and four submissions to match the three knockouts and five subs of Davis.
    While history may suggest that Bader has Davis’ number, Davis has also clearly improved as a fighter since leaving the UFC fold, and the jury is still out as to whether that move will be as beneficial to Bader. His wins over Ilir Latifi and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira showed his ability to finish with his knees and hands, but Davis has elusive head movement that makes it very difficult to land a power shot flush, which is why he’s never been knocked out in his MMA career. Relying on a “kill shot” would be to his detriment, leaving him gassed and vulnerable to being dominated either standing or on the ground, and a longer fight edges toward Davis in terms of cardio.
    Final prediction: Phil Davis beats Ryan Bader by unanimous decision

Ty$

Think I'm goin over 2.5 instead of picking Lima ... tough fight to call for me

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Liking the dog chances in the first 3 fights.. I'm going small on these 3 plays all at +odds...

Ryan Courture is really nothing special and could lose ITD, Mafrone Straight has a chance I think, Gallager ITD over the 40 year Machida brother..

Ty$

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Liking the dog chances in the first 3 fights.. I'm going small on these 3 plays all at +odds...

Ryan Courture is really nothing special and could lose ITD, Mafrone Straight has a chance I think, Gallager ITD over the 40 year Machida brother..
    Machida ain't no Joke Jibbs. I say it goes 3 better double check your stats.

PaperTrail07

yessir

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

With JIBBS on Wanderlei...Chael is shit if not juiced...all of his impressive wins and his run was during the TRT days.

I'm stoked for tonight men, so many great fights. Best Bellator card to date, hands down. And then we got UFC tomorrow night, merry christmas!!!!
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave mdunlap3 15 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Pending 6/24/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 3018 Sonnen points handicap -3½ +110* vs Silva points handicap
    Pending 6/24/17 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 3218 Larkin points handicap -5½ +125* vs Lima points handicap
    Pending 6/24/17 9:30pm MMA Props Fighting 3418 Davis points handicap -5½ +175* vs Bader points handicap
    Pending 6/24/17 9:00pm MMA Props Fighting 3518 Gallagher points handicap -3½ -125* vs Machida points handicap

First 123456 ... Last