JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    If you're on Lee you can probably live-bet Chiesa after Lee wins R1. Should be around (+200) to (+250)
    Good idea I agree.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Kevin Lee sucksssss mark my words.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave UncleChael 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Kevin Lee sucksssss mark my words.
    What makes you say that?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Who cares if chiesa loses round one.What matters is the outcome. Lee wont knock chiesa out and definitely wont submit him. His only chance is to hope it stays on the feet and doesnt get long chiesa on him wrestling on the ground. I'll take chiesa on the ground all day and lees takedown defense is not great imo. Chiesa submission in round 2. Also I predict lee to make a mistake and give up his back or gas going the distance. Chiesa should win later rounds as well, better cardio. Love chiesa winning this fight.

travis91
    travis91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3691

Lee wins this fight easy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by travis91 View Post
    Lee wins this fight easy
    Yep Lee is better then Chiesa standing and his wrestling and take down ability will land him in top position round after round on the ground.. Chiesa will bring pressure and Lee being the shorter and more compact fighter will duck down and shoot for the doubles and get them at will..

Michael Chiesa isn't sub'ing out anyone off his back.. Lee is very strong and controlling in the top position also..

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    all that sh1t talking kevin lee did at the press conference you would have thought he was the champ and his name was conor. that boy better back up his talk. i don't like betting on unathletic guys, chiesa versus athletic guys, lee. we'll see closer to weigh ins.

i think i could whoop dennis siver's ass fresh off my couch. if bj can't win this fuckin retire on the spot please. stop tarnishing your goat status
    "goat status"?? legend status sure but goat nahhh
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave SEKTAUR 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

BJ seems like a cool guy tho. saw him on the beach in Hawaii and he gave me the 🤙

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Who cares if chiesa loses round one.What matters is the outcome. Lee wont knock chiesa out and definitely wont submit him. His only chance is to hope it stays on the feet and doesnt get long chiesa on him wrestling on the ground. I'll take chiesa on the ground all day and lees takedown defense is not great imo. Chiesa submission in round 2. Also I predict lee to make a mistake and give up his back or gas going the distance. Chiesa should win later rounds as well, better cardio. Love chiesa winning this fight.
    It matters because you can get a WAY better price on Chiesa by live-betting him after R1 than you can by betting him before the fight.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    "goat status"?? legend status sure but goat nahhh
    Most overrated fighter of all time imo. That's a conversation for another day though haha

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

for his time BJ penn was the best lighter weight fighter by a huge margin imo
    when everybody was one dimensional in the start of UFC he had elite ground game , boxing and takedown defense
    add in his iron chin and heart he was one of the greatest .... people get better in sports its a natural thing
    BJ this day would be an average or above average fighter but for his time he revolutionized the sport

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    for his time BJ penn was the best lighter weight fighter by a huge margin imo
    when everybody was one dimensional in the start of UFC he had elite ground game , boxing and takedown defense
    add in his iron chin and heart he was one of the greatest .... people get better in sports its a natural thing
    BJ this day would be an average or above average fighter but for his time he revolutionized the sport
    To be fair, I wasn't around for his time on top just was never too impressed by his accomplishments and get annoyed when people call him the GOAT.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Gotta fade the old MMA legends, the sport has passed them by, too old now to compete with the young new generation of MMA fighters...
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Gotta fade the old MMA legends, the sport has passed them by, too old now to compete with the young new generation of MMA fighters...
    Dennis Siver: the new breed.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Wohlford View Post

firekillex

It's even more funny because bj and siver are the exact same age lmao
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Good point, DS is 38.. He's a better older breed then BJ Penn .. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dennis-Siver-9817

Siver has been the more active fighter in the UFC, he's also been fighting some of the best the UFC has to offer... Dennis Siver stops BJ Penn and it's probably not gonna last that long.. BJ Penn's best years in the sport are behind him, he hasn't won a fight in 7 years.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/BJ-Penn-1307

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-17 at 11:53 AM.

firekillex

Dennis siver had fought better competition ??????
    man lol look at bj pens record what are you talking about
    yair rodridguez, Frankie Edgar, Rory McDonald, nick Diaz, drew Jon fitch when he was top 3 WW, kod Hughes, Frankie twice where I thought he won first fight....

thats literally only top 10 guys from 145-170 lol...I'd bet the my entire bankroll siver doesn't win one round against that entire list of bjs last 8 fights

sivers fought 3 good guys since 2013 got swept by kawajuri, mauled by mcgregor and kod against cub Swanson...not sure what a 7 year old gif choking out a guy who went 2-4 in the UFC means ... almost a decade ago and siver at his best was a gatekeeper in his prime
    Last edited by firekillex; 06-20-17 at 12:00 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Dennis siver had fought better competition ??????
    man lol look at bj pens record what are you talking about
    yair rodridguez, Frankie Edgar, Rory McDonald, nick Diaz, drew Jon fitch when he was top 3 WW, kod Hughes, Frankie twice where I thought he won first fight....

thats literally only top 10 guys from 145-170 lol...I'd bet the my entire bankroll siver doesn't win one round against that entire list of bjs last 8 fights

sivers fought 3 good guys since 2013 got swept by kawajuri, mauled by mcgregor and kod against cub Swanson
    Of course BJ Penn has fought better comp, he's a legend.. That not what I ment.... I ment DS has fought better comp in recent years.. Siver fought Mcgregor while BJ was retired and surfing in Hawaii dreaming of making a come back..

Fire don't bet on DS you will lose.. Trust me on this.. BJ is done..

firekillex

Dennis siver fckin sucks lol
    will be on Bj here just deciding ITD or decision
    bj has only fought top competition for the last decade , siver isn't top competition and never has been
    bj has the advantage in every aspect of mma except kicking power , 2 old guys past their prime I'll take the better fighter who wants it more all day

firekillex

At worst it's a coin flip fight imo
    +175 I'm on BJ straight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

bj has only fought top competition for the last decade , siver isn't top competition and never has been
    bj has the advantage in every aspect of mma except kicking power , 2 old guys past their prime I'll take the better fighter who wants it more all day
    Siver does suck I agree but BJ sucks more.. GL Fire I tried to warn you... Let's see what happens???

The U2.5 IMO isn't a bad idea for the -105 odds either..

UFC Fight Night 112 - Featherweight 3 rounds - Chesapeake Energy Arena - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - FS1
    Sun 6/25 1501 BJ Penn +175 o2½ -135
    9:00PM 1502 Dennis Siver -245 u2½ -105
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

What do folks think of Johnny Case v Tony Martin?

I remember a lot of people here lost on Case v Jake Matthews last year.

Tony Martin's ground game is a bit of a concern. Otherwise, bounce back for Case I say.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What do folks think of Johnny Case v Tony Martin?

I remember a lot of people here lost on Case v Jake Matthews last year.

Tony Martin's ground game is a bit of a concern. Otherwise, bounce back for Case I say.
    Tough fight to call.. Both tall rangy fighters.. Not sure yet how to play this? Still capping.. Kinda leaning Johnny Case so far as I think he rebounds now off the loss, will probably hedge though with the Tony Martin sub prop if the odds are doable...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Johnny-Case-28017

UFC Fight Night 112 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Chesapeake Energy Arena - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - UFC Fight Pass
    Sun 6/25 2101 Tony Martin -135 o2½ -195
    6:00PM 2102 Johnny Case -105 u2½ +155
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-17 at 12:44 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Here is part 1 of MMAmania's write up.. Covers the Case/Martin fight ^^^

145 lbs.: Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinones

This fight was supposed to happen at UFC 211 before Jared Gordon (12-1) got food poisoning, so I’m just going to go ahead and paste what I wrote last time.
    “Flash” — though not the SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE, rebounded from his first career loss to Jeff Lentz by winning the CFFC Featherweight title. In his first defense, he impressed Dana White and Co. enough to be the latest Lookin’ for a Fight acquisition.
    He has knocked out five opponents and submitted another two.
    A striker out of American Top Team, Michel Quinones (8-1) knocked out three consecutive opponents in the first round, including The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22 competitor Billy Quarantillo to earn a call up to Titan FC. There, he picked up just his second decision win over previously unbeaten Caio Uruguai.
    He was originally set to debut in February against Alexander Volkanovski before suffering an injury.
    There’s not much out there on Gordon save highlights, but thankfully, Fight Pass has Quinones’ last fight. “El Capo” is an aggressive, powerful striker with a tricky left leg, but has a tendency to rush forward when attacking in combination and open himself up to counters. What I can piece together of Gordon suggests a strong wrestler with pop in his hands.
    While they’re both solid, Gordon gets my tentative nod. He looks capable on the counter and, though Quinones’ takedown defense looked stout, those charges are just begging for a well-timed double-leg takedown. Gordon mixes striking and takedowns for a decision win.
    Prediction: Gordon via unanimous decision

205 lbs.: Josh Stansbury vs. Jeremy Kimball

Team Joanna’s first Light Heavyweight pick on TUF 23, Josh Stansbury (8-3) defeated Abdel Medjedoub in the quarterfinals before a knockout loss to Khalil Rountree ended his run in the semifinals. He went on to beat Team Claudia’s Cory Hendricks at the Finale and lose a decision to Devin Clark at the next Finale four months later.
    He will have two inches of height and reach on the 6’ Jeremy Kimball (14-6).
    Knockouts of former TUF finalist Matt Van Buren and Croatian veteran Maro Perak earned Kimball a call up to UFC, where he faced Brazil’s Marcos Rogerio de Lima on short notice. “Pezao’s” power proved too much as he handed Kimball the first knockout loss of his professional career midway through the first round.
    Ten of his 14 professional wins have come via (technical) knockout.
    What I said last time remains true: Kimball is not a Light Heavyweight, he’s a Middleweight with zero discipline. He honestly reminds me a bit of Chris “Beast Boy” Barnett in that he’s a quality athlete with more flexibility than you’d expect, but he could be so much more.
    The size issue and his iffy takedown defense may doom him here. Though he’s a lot faster and smoother than Stansbury on the feet, I’m not convinced he can stay there long enough to drop the hammer. So long as Stansbury comes out looking to wrestle, expect him to overpower Kimball for a decision win.
    Prediction: Stansbury via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Tony Martin vs. Johnny Case

Despite his strength and grappling skills, Tony Martin (11-3) opened his UFC career 1-3, thrice gassing out in fights he was winning. He’s shown a bit more longevity in recent times, submitting Felipe Olivieri in the third round and taking a decision over Alex White.
    Eight of his professional wins have come by submission.
    A shaky split decision over E.J. Brooks in his last pre-UFC appearance gave way to four consecutive wins, including a savage guillotine against Kazuki Tokudome and a beatdown of Frankie Perez. This set the stage for a prospect clash with Jake Matthews, who submitted Johnny Case (22-5) with just 15 seconds left in the fight.
    This will be “Hollywood’s” first fight in 15 months.
    I’m a fan of Case, but his last few performances have been decidedly iffy. The Cabral fight in particular raises eyebrows as, while an ace on the mat, the Brazilian’s takedowns are decidedly substandard and yet produced results.
    Martin’s aren’t. The man is colossal for the division and extremely adept from top position. Though Case is by far the smoother and more powerful striker, he may not have the necessary takedown defense to ply his craft, especially since Martin’s cardio seems to finally be worth a damn. Careful takedowns and top pressure carry Martin to a submission victory.
    Prediction: Martin via second-round submission
    Points Awarded:

Wohlford gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Fight is hard as F to call IMO...I sadly like the favs again...

Big on them too...

Hendrix -3.5
    Siver -3.5
    Koch -3.5

Hoping to catch + $ here.....

PaperTrail07

Dude hendircks will roll him....don't see how Timmy even hangs in there IMO...
    hendricks vs boetsch...
    boetsch should be the much bigger fighter, but i like how hendricks has looked a bit quicker at 185
    i think this goes decision imo, leaning hendricks decision here +135 but there could be value at +300 or more on boetsch decision
    guys a natural 205 and fighting a welterweight, will have to look into this fight a bit more though

PaperTrail07

HUGO you not w me on the -3.5's? All 3 are easy cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Will have to be careful not to force bets here. Not too many strong leans for me right now.

PaperTrail07

In reality PENN AND GUIDA should be fighting each other LOL...both are just DONE>......

Koch will destroy guida with a few precise HARD shots IMO....will finish ITD
    Siver Picks apart a drunken looking Penn in a kickboxing match....Siver 30-27---30-27---and 29-28 Siver By Dec....
    Penn will dictate the striking and get countered to death...

PaperTrail07

Guida was always a Fav too....

Hugo de Naranja

When has BJ ever won a decision? If you're going to take him, go with ITD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.J._Penn

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    HUGO you not w me on the -3.5's? All 3 are easy cash
    Not sold that Hendricks is back or that Koch is healthy. Might ride with out on the Siver one but trying not to bet him too big since he's not great either.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

At worst it's a coin flip fight imo
    +175 I'm on BJ straight
    Is he really.+175???? I'm going to.be penn.against siver all.day.

firekillex

+175 im just gonna go straight .. didnt think id get that good of odds already placed my bet

btw when we gonna see big ferg back? looks like diaz doesnt want to fight him and adrien broner is calling him out to box with mayweather v mcgregor.... khabib is a bum and theres nobody really else for him to fight

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Is he really.+175???? I'm going to.be penn.against siver all.day.

all day lets get that $
    he could lose but hes a better fighter, people saying hes washed up... but what does that make siver guys been washed up dead on the beach for years , guys a one dimensional striker who throws flashy kicks , think bj will get him down to the ground and do work +175 all day and night

First 12345 ... Last