UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Eddie's chin looked super touchy vs. McGregor as well. He was put on his ass at least 3 times, but it held up quite well against Poirier. Dustin had him rocked badly and couldn't put him away despite his best effort. There's something extra in McGregor's hands.
    Yeah, Firas Zahabi calls it the touch of death in his left hand. Mayweather 49-1.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Aldo now the dog at 5Dimes... -105

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

No clue why people always compare fights that literally don't correlate 1% to the actual fight coming up lol
    aldo vs Holloway has absolutely nothing to do with mcgregor other then it's both person last Loss..
    neither guy fights like mcgregor whatsoever it's a completely different stylist matchup ....

Aldo has been cracked multiple times and ate it, mcgregor just caught him with the perfect punch while Aldo ran in full speed basicslly it would knock out anybody at 145 basically.. I could see this being a war with decision win or late stoppage for either guy.. but think Aldo is still the better fighter and we're getting value since he got starched by mcgregor and people keep thinking about that and Holloway is definetly on a great 10 fight streak but Pettis at 45 was nothing like a primed Anthony Pettis imo, Aldo is by far the best striker Holloway has ever fought other then mcgregor and I've still seen really nobody who can deal with an Aldo leg kick barrage .... Holloway is super tough that's why I think he'll survive all 5 rounds but I give Aldo the decision nod ... Holloway is also 4 inches taller but has a 1 inch reach disadvantage so he won't be the longer puncher , Aldo will use leg kicks , head movement and explosiveness .. while Holloway uses long combos, timed pressure and grittiness... great fight between 2 beasts but i can't go against Aldo here

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    No clue why people always compare fights that literally don't correlate 1% to the actual fight coming up lol
    aldo vs Holloway has absolutely nothing to do with mcgregor other then it's both person last Loss..
    neither guy fights like mcgregor whatsoever it's a completely different stylist matchup ....

Aldo has been cracked multiple times and ate it, mcgregor just caught him with the perfect punch while Aldo ran in full speed basicslly it would knock out anybody at 145 basically.. I could see this being a war with decision win or late stoppage for either guy.. but think Aldo is still the better fighter and we're getting value since he got starched by mcgregor and people keep thinking about that and Holloway is definetly on a great 10 fight streak but Pettis at 45 was nothing like a primed Anthony Pettis imo, Aldo is by far the best striker Holloway has ever fought other then mcgregor and I've still seen really nobody who can deal with an Aldo leg kick barrage .... Holloway is super tough that's why I think he'll survive all 5 rounds but I give Aldo the decision nod ... Holloway is also 4 inches taller but has a 1 inch reach disadvantage so he won't be the longer puncher , Aldo will use leg kicks , head movement and explosiveness .. while Holloway uses long combos, timed pressure and grittiness... great fight between 2 beasts but i can't go against Aldo here
    I wasn't comparing Max Holloway to McGregor, just simply saying Aldo got put out in that fight and his chin can be cracked.. Does that KO still linger in Aldo's mind? We just don't know and it should be a good fight.. Max sizes up well with Aldo, I don't think Aldo will be able to pick Holloway apart in a MT match either like he did the shorter Frankie Edgar..

I'm still not sure how to play it to be honest but am still leaning Max Holloway slightly to finish.. He's fighting with alot of confidence right now riding that 10 fight win streak...

Maybe gonna play Aldo by decision, and hedged with Blessed by KO..

1011 Aldo wins by 5 round decision +179

hedged

1037 Holloway wins by TKO/KO +340

This looks like it could work also

1059 Holloway (scorecards = no action) -160
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-31-17 at 07:15 PM.

firekillex

any human can be put out with the right shot though... i get your point just doesnt really have to do with anything in this fight imo
    Holloway has never had the one shot power that Mcgregor has all his tkos are late with barrages of punches

Aldo showed a ton in the ufc 200 fight against Edgar imo, that was the perfect fight , I just watched it back and his counter striking in the fight was beautiful skill, his head movement looked good and his explosiveness is definitely still there.. He wont have to be scared of any Holloway takedowns with his 92% TDD so he will let those leg kicks fly which sets up other combinations, he cannot let Holloway settle in and get his mojo or he will be picked apart and finished late but if he can counter strikes and land explosive shots i think he will win this pretty competitive fight.. not sure he can finish holloway though

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

any human can be put out with the right shot though... i get your point just doesnt really have to do with anything in this fight imo
    Holloway has never had the one shot power that Mcgregor has all his tkos are late with barrages of punches

Aldo showed a ton in the ufc 200 fight against Edgar imo, that was the perfect fight , I just watched it back and his counter striking in the fight was beautiful skill, his head movement looked good and his explosiveness is definitely still there.. He wont have to be scared of any Holloway takedowns with his 92% TDD so he will let those leg kicks fly which sets up other combinations, he cannot let Holloway settle in and get his mojo or he will be picked apart and finished late but if he can counter strikes and land explosive shots i think he will win this pretty competitive fight.. not sure he can finish holloway though
    Remember Frankie Edgar is a midget at 5'6 and Max Holloway is 5'11.. Aldo isn't gonna be looking down to fight Frankie Edgar in this fight he'll be looking up at the much taller fighter..

Can't compare Frankie to Max either Fire.. Completely different fighters.. Aldo has been feasting on shorter fighters lately, Max is the opposite.. Tallest fighter Aldo fought in recent years is Connor McGregor and he got KTFO.. Just saying... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jose-Aldo-11506

Is the taller gritty fighter in Holloway gonna give Aldo trouble standing? Maybe?

firekillex

being 4 inches taller does nothing when your reach is less imo
    itll just make his legs more of twigs to absolutely feast on leg kicks... One good thing holloway has going for him is he can switch stances very effectively so when one leg starts getting chewed up he can change his stance without much trouble

and Edgar likes to throw punches in bunches with forward pressure similiar to Holloway imo but also has the wrestling , Aldo didnt throw a leg kick for the first 3 rounds last fight which was great game planning , thats why this fight he will be able to show more diversity of strikes not being scared of the takedowns

Aldo is the best guy Holloway will fight on this current 10 fight streak, but Holloway is one of the best guys Aldo has fought as well... should be fireworks regardless

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Holloway has a very short 69" reach but he fights long which is what matters. For instance, fighters like Stefan Struve and Jessamyn Duke might tower over their opponents but because they prefer clinch striking and close distances, they don't use that reach effectively. On the other hand, guys like Holloway overcome short reaches by going to jabs and straights as key sources of their offense.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I wasn't comparing Max Holloway to McGregor, just simply saying Aldo got put out in that fight and his chin can be cracked.. Does that KO still linger in Aldo's mind? We just don't know and it should be a good fight.. Max sizes up well with Aldo, I don't think Aldo will be able to pick Holloway apart in a MT match either like he did the shorter Frankie Edgar..

I'm still not sure how to play it to be honest but am still leaning Max Holloway slightly to finish.. He's fighting with alot of confidence right now riding that 10 fight win streak...

Maybe gonna play Aldo by decision, and hedged with Blessed by KO..

1011 Aldo wins by 5 round decision +179

hedged

1037 Holloway wins by TKO/KO +340

This looks like it could work also

1059 Holloway (scorecards = no action) -160
    Played Holloway Scorecards = No Action for 5u when it was plus money. Really don't think Aldo will finish him.

Hugo de Naranja

being 4 inches taller does nothing when your reach is less imo
    itll just make his legs more of twigs to absolutely feast on leg kicks... One good thing holloway has going for him is he can switch stances very effectively so when one leg starts getting chewed up he can change his stance without much trouble

and Edgar likes to throw punches in bunches with forward pressure similiar to Holloway imo but also has the wrestling , Aldo didnt throw a leg kick for the first 3 rounds last fight which was great game planning , thats why this fight he will be able to show more diversity of strikes not being scared of the takedowns

Aldo is the best guy Holloway will fight on this current 10 fight streak, but Holloway is one of the best guys Aldo has fought as well... should be fireworks regardless
    I think Holloway's striking and footwork is way better than Edgar's. If someone is to beat Aldo, they have to outstrike him imo. He has insane counter-wrestling so any gameplan that features wrestling as a key element is essentially useless against him.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Holloway's striking and footwork is way better than Edgar's. If someone is to beat Aldo, they have to outstrike him imo. He has insane counter-wrestling so any gameplan that features wrestling as a key element is essentially useless against him.
    i like holloways striking game more then edgars but i think edgar has better footwork imo... But i agree no wrestler is beating Aldo guys just a beast with the TDD hes one of the most explosive athletes in mma history ... I think he actually may try to switch in some takedowns on Holloway if the scenario presents itself, he has a great ground game as well and has 5 round experience which could be huge here

Hugo de Naranja

i like holloways striking game more then edgars but i think edgar has better footwork imo... But i agree no wrestler is beating Aldo guys just a beast with the TDD hes one of the most explosive athletes in mma history ... I think he actually may try to switch in some takedowns on Holloway if the scenario presents itself, he has a great ground game as well and has 5 round experience which could be huge here
    I think Aldo will attempt to use a gameplan similar to the Korean Zombie fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Played Holloway Scorecards = No Action for 5u when it was plus money. Really don't think Aldo will finish him.
    Hugo you are jumping in on the early lines and they are paying off for you, I'm slow to the punch and jealous... Good grabs Hugo!!!

I'm always late to the party when it comes to odds.. Most of my bets come in after weigh ins.. Sometimes the lines go in the right directions late though, but not as often as early line grabs..

I need to consider this and look over the props when they first pop up... I just never really know for sure which directions the lines will move so I wait...
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Aldo now the dog at 5Dimes... -105
    Must have been some money in on Aldo, shortly after he hit -105, line fell to -145

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Where is all this Aldo money coming from?

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

I think Aldo will attempt to use a gameplan similar to the Korean Zombie fight
    is this you trying to state that water is wet? aldo has always grappled with strikers and striked with grapplers. highly unlikely anything is going to change here.

also, i wouldn't call holloway's footwork great, offensively? sure, defensively? he's very hittable, pettis landed legkicks, lamas landed legkicks, jeremy stephens landed legkicks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^If Aldo mixes in his grappling that's where I think he'll have the advantage and win by decision.. Aldo is big guy for the division and should be larger the physically stronger fighter.. This is tough fight to call so I'm hedging for sure... Aldo by dec, Max by KO or ITD...

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post

plekz

^^If
    if péderneiras has not developed a gameplan that involves a significant focus on kicking holloway's legs he should retire as a coach. that more than anything i would say is gonna be the key element, holloway has shown in the past (repeatedly) that he doesn't check legkicks and his opponents (multiple) have had success hitting him with legkicks.

now aldo is easily that division's most prolific legkicker, he kicks with pretty much picture perfect technique foot pointed out so that it's pure SHIN against MUSCLE when he connects.

is it possible this won't be part of the gameplan? or that aldo for some reason decides to not kick holloway? sure anything is possible, but i just can't see it happening considering it's such a glaring hole in holloway's game and it plays right into aldo's wheelhouse.

i think aldo massacres holloway's legs on saturday, and that he's gonna have a difficult time after that.

notorious slow starter that doesn't check legkicks and that isn't that defensively sound to begin with? how do you not exploit that?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    if péderneiras has not developed a gameplan that involves a significant focus on kicking holloway's legs he should retire as a coach. that more than anything i would say is gonna be the key element, holloway has shown in the past (repeatedly) that he doesn't check legkicks and his opponents (multiple) have had success hitting him with legkicks.

now aldo is easily that division's most prolific legkicker, he kicks with pretty much picture perfect technique foot pointed out so that it's pure SHIN against MUSCLE when he connects.

is it possible this won't be part of the gameplan? or that aldo for some reason decides to not kick holloway? sure anything is possible, but i just can't see it happening considering it's such a glaring hole in holloway's game and it plays right into aldo's wheelhouse.

i think aldo massacres holloway's legs on saturday, and that he's gonna have a difficult time after that.

notorious slow starter that doesn't check legkicks and that isn't that defensively sound to begin with? how do you not exploit that?
    Holloway just interviewed on the UFC TONIGHT show, Ken flo asked Max about those Aldo leg kicks.. Blessed didn't want to give anything away but seemed confident to have an answer for them...

Maybe he'll pull a Chris Weidman and check those kicks with the knee and snap Aldo's ankle or leg .. I don't know how you can game plan for Aldo's kicks other then checking, closing the distance or timing a shot off kicks.. Since Aldo has insane TD defense I don't think MAX will shoot, not his style anyways..

plekz

Holloway
    aldo is so fast, throws with zero tells, throws them mid combo, disguised behind feints, start of combos you name it. watch people in the past and their success trying to check aldo's kicks.

i mean sure he injured his foot against kz, but that's not because kz 'checked' it, it's because kz stepped off and threw a technique of his own just as aldo threw his legkick.

you'll see saturday just how fast aldo is when compared to the others in that division, i mean he made edgar and mendes look slow by comparasin (twice) and both of those guys are faster than holloway aswell.

if holloway wants this he needs to get into gear early, he can't have one of his slow starts, and he'll need to be landing hard shots preferably to the body early.

i think either holloway comes out like a bat out of hell and just swarms, or aldo makes this look onesided simply because he's a considerably more technical striker and complete mma-fighter in terms of technique both offensively and defensively.

THE_LOCKSMITH

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

aldo is so fast, throws with zero tells, throws them mid combo, disguised behind feints, start of combos you name it. watch people in the past and their success trying to check aldo's kicks.

i mean sure he injured his foot against kz, but that's not because kz 'checked' it, it's because kz stepped off and threw a technique of his own just as aldo threw his legkick.

you'll see saturday just how fast aldo is when compared to the others in that division, i mean he made edgar and mendes look slow by comparasin (twice) and both of those guys are faster than holloway aswell.

if holloway wants this he needs to get into gear early, he can't have one of his slow starts, and he'll need to be landing hard shots preferably to the body early.

i think either holloway comes out like a bat out of hell and just swarms, or aldo makes this look onesided simply because he's a considerably more technical striker and complete mma-fighter in terms of technique both offensively and defensively.
    Im on Holloway. Aldo slows downs fight, and win in a state where he can use his speed. Slow slow FAST.....slow slow slow Fast. In those type of fights aldo wins 10 out of 10 fights. You cant beat aldo trading like that. But Holloways gonna turn this fight upside down, and then drown aldo later. Lets say Holloway wins a unianimous dec (despite the fact the figths take place in brazil).

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Aldo slows downs
    no he doesn't. the only example you'll find of him ''slowing down'' is the hominick fight, that was 6+ years ago and following a camp where aldo had staph for more than half of it. you realize he won the 5th against edgar? BOTH times? he won the 5th against mendes aswell.

how is holloway gonna 'turn this fight upside down' ? holloway is a notorious slow starter, doesn't have exellent foot or headmovement and have shown to be susceptible to legkicks in the past (in multiple fights)

so how does he do the 'upside down' thing exactly?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Aldo cuts alot of weight.. He could slow down late in this 5 rounder.. I wouldn't rule that out, Holloway isn't shy working the body punches either....

bjpenn85

no he doesn't. the only example you'll find of him ''slowing down'' is the hominick fight, that was 6+ years ago and following a camp where aldo had staph for more than half of it. you realize he won the 5th against edgar? BOTH times? he won the 5th against mendes aswell.

Aldo slows down fights = Aldo change the pace of the fight.

You misread me on p

how is holloway gonna 'turn this fight upside down' ? holloway is a notorious slow starter, doesn't have exellent foot or headmovement and have shown to be susceptible to legkicks in the past (in multiple fights)

so how does he do the 'upside down' thing exactly?
    Well, i think you misunderstood my a bit there. Never said anything close to that.

Anyway, not excellent movement? wtf? Please explain. I think he moves like a fakking gazelle.

plekz

I think
    then you do not really have a good understanding of footwork and headmovement. holloway does not have consistently good headmovement for instance, he'll move his body well at times when he cuts an angle to get away from a strike, but then he'll eat a similar strike in the next situation because it doesn't come natural to him to avoid strikes, he more so rely on his ability to 'eat shots' rather than avoiding them.

he doesn't check legkicks, people with really good footwork tend to do that.

bjpenn85

Fair points.

firekillex

aldo actually cut some muscle mass in his last fight he looked a bit slimmer/cut
    i think he knows he needed a body change to last in the latter rounds

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Just a quick look at Erick Silva's record and a disturbing UFC trend appears. He can't string wins together and he has never beaten an established, above average fighter. Going back to 2013 - Wins over Jason High, Takenori Sato, Mike Rhodes, and Josh Koscheck (2015 version). Not exactly a murderer's row. And then his losses - Jon Fitch, Dong Hyun Kim, Matt Brown, Neal Magny, Nordine Taleb. It seems like he's firmly planted as a mid-level guy, even if his skills seem to suggest he should do better. The question is, where does Medeiros fall on this list? He's definitely not a nobody. Can Silva actually get a win over someone who is currently relevant?

Hugo de Naranja

Fury zombies I'm sure

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Just a quick look at Erick Silva's record and a disturbing UFC trend appears. He can't string wins together and he has never beaten an established, above average fighter. Going back to 2013 - Wins over Jason High, Takenori Sato, Mike Rhodes, and Josh Koscheck (2015 version). Not exactly a murderer's row. And then his losses - Jon Fitch, Dong Hyun Kim, Matt Brown, Neal Magny, Nordine Taleb. It seems like he's firmly planted as a mid-level guy, even if his skills seem to suggest he should do better. The question is, where does Medeiros fall on this list? He's definitely not a nobody. Can Silva actually get a win over someone who is currently relevant?
    I think Medeiros is pretty average. Sort of a cut rate version of Holloway. My biggest exposure on this card is Silva+Medeiros Won't Go Distance. Think they will brawl it out until someone gets finished.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

me.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Im on Holloway. Aldo slows downs fight, and win in a state where he can use his speed. Slow slow FAST.....slow slow slow Fast. In those type of fights aldo wins 10 out of 10 fights. You cant beat aldo trading like that. But Holloways gonna turn this fight upside down, and then drown aldo later. Lets say Holloway wins a unianimous dec (despite the fact the figths take place in brazil).

if Holloway is your guy, lets bet $500 for fun.

im youre huckleberry

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    if Holloway is your guy, lets bet $500 for fun.

im youre huckleberry
    I have to watch more tape. Holloway looked awful against stephans, as well. Om only in with 200 bucks, gonna let that ride, but im less and less confident. Im not so sure that the normal workrate of holloway will have an affect. Against stephans, he barely traded, then you have the leg kicks, being in brazil, champions bias.

First 12345 ... Last