Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Rumble Johnson -110 VS D.C. -120

Didn't see much discussion in the future fights thread unless I missed it..
    I like Rumble in this match up..
    I know he got dominated on the ground last fight but it's been awhile...
    DC is getting up there in age and has other media obligations...
    Rumble is crushing guys..
    Thoughts on this contest?

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Rumble HAS to land the big shot otherwise Cormier will take him down and break him again.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

i see cormier/rumble 1 going down how diaz mcgregor 1 did except the difference in striking is bigger and rumble is a very good wrestler himself. like diaz mcgregor 1 i think rumble unloaded round 1 trying to finish. i think he has the cardio and obviously he's probably stressing that in camp. I'm very big on rumble here. like poster said, cormier is getting on the older side, can't stay healthy and that media stuff takes a toll on you. think oddsmakers see that as well since cormier was -140/-150 first fight and now its about even

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

rumble wins and sets up the jon jones talk again

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I love Rumble, but DC took his best shot last time out and recovered to make Rumble quit. I think it happens again and I'm a huge Rumble fan. DC may lose the first round, but he'll get a finish soon after.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    i see cormier/rumble 1 going down how diaz mcgregor 1 did except the difference in striking is bigger and rumble is a very good wrestler himself. like diaz mcgregor 1 i think rumble unloaded round 1 trying to finish. i think he has the cardio and obviously he's probably stressing that in camp. I'm very big on rumble here. like poster said, cormier is getting on the older side, can't stay healthy and that media stuff takes a toll on you. think oddsmakers see that as well since cormier was -140/-150 first fight and now its about even
    how exactly does his media stuff take a toll on him? hes sitting down getting to analyze fights and study film all day.

CaptChaos145

Rumble is the most dangerous man in the UFC right now but he has a punchers chance. Round 1 is the key. Rumble either finishes Cormier in the 1st or it will be a loooong night for Mr. Johnson.

CaptChaos145

IF you're taking Cormier just take him to win inside the distance. No way Johnson last 5 rounds if he can't get the finish in the 1st 2.
    Cormier to win is at -115
    Cormier ITD +196

strictlypaypal

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    how exactly does his media stuff take a toll on him? hes sitting down getting to analyze fights and study film all day.
    Is this really a question? That's not a job he can just show up and do, you have to be sharp and prepare. I believe he just went to Brooklyn to commentate as well for 208. Those are all distractions while rumble is doing nothing but preparing and fixing what he did wrong in the first fight. That's like saying news anchors just show up and do their thing. There is tons of preparation that goes into that line of work no matter what the topic is. And analyzing fights and studying film all day is irrelevant if he's not studying rumble.

SEKTAUR

I'm pretty sure he was doing the same jobs when he beat Rumble in the first fight. Being sharp and prepared doesn't mean it takes a toll on him. If it did he probably wouldn't be doing that and risking his championship. Bisbing won and defended his belt while doing the same thing and Cruz reclaimed his belt and defended it also while doing the same thing. You think you know how much its a distraction but you don't. You think Rumbles doing nothing but preparing and fixing things, tell me what else is going on in his personal life since you seem to know so much lol.

strictlypaypal

Bisping or Cormier weren't doing color commentating at the time. Bisping still doesn't. Cruz started and he lost his belt. Not saying that's the reason why but those are very real jobs. Cormier isn't just doing the fox thing now. Your guess is as good as mine what they actually do all I can suggest is they're doing what any other fighter would do for a rematch against someone they lost too, prepare and fix things. Just sit back and watch Cormier take this L

SEKTAUR

Oh you're right hes doing the color commentating now. Id like to see Rumble beat his ass anyway, the only reason Id like to see Cormier win is so I can see Bones Jones whoop his ass even more.