waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Chael Sonnen

Talk about making a world class fight look like trash. Chael made Nate's wrestling skills look 5 levels below his. Luckily i stayed away from this fight, but I would have bet on Nate...just wow.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Unreal. I feel bad for the guys that put a couple grand on him. Too bad he couldn't lock in that choke in the closing minute of the round

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kind of odd win for me, I had Nate winning fairly easily but then I started thinking about Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans and the fact that the UFC favors wrestlers so I made a small play on Sonnen and won, Sonnen proved tonight he can beat Anderson and Vitor completely blew me away.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lol, if Belfort somehow catches Anderson silva and wins that fight, i'd unload on Sonnen to beat Belfort.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    Kind of odd win for me, I had Nate winning fairly easily but then I started thinking about Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans and the fact that the UFC favors wrestlers so I made a small play on Sonnen and won, Sonnen proved tonight he can beat Anderson and Vitor completely blew me away.
    he wouldnt stand a chance vs silva,henderson is a better wrestler and he took him out 2nd rd

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

There's the real question. Does Chael Sonnen have a chance against Anderson Silva? He can't finish him. So he would have to wrestle him down for 5 rounds. That's the problem.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    he wouldnt stand a chance vs silva,henderson is a better wrestler and he took him out 2nd rd
    not certain that Henderson is the better wrestler, either way Henderson got into trouble when he stood and traded with Silva, Sonnen won't ever try to trade. I think he cold have a chance, i give him 17%

knownone

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    Pure wrestling? Sonnen is bigger stronger has better takedowns and can smother better than Hendo, Hendo is a more rounded MMArtist.
    With that said, Hendos wrestling neutralized Silva in the first round if Sonnen can do that he stands as good a chance as anyone to beat Silva...

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Funniest quote I have ever heard said by Sonnen

"You won't see him in my guard, I'm a republican. I don't lay on my back with a man between my legs."

I'm starting to like this guy.

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Sonnen is a insanely good wrestler, seen him compete a few times here in Oregon, at state and whatnot.

afmsu9441
    afmsu9441's Avatar Become A Pro!

This fight really surprised me, I still dont see him doing much against Silva though...

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate his voice... he sounds like a whiney bitch.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Funniest quote I have ever heard said by Sonnen

"You won't see him in my guard, I'm a republican. I don't lay on my back with a man between my legs."

I'm starting to like this guy.
    lol wicked quote

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I have now bet against Sonnen in his past three fights from -200 to -280. He is clearly being undervalued. But now, he may be over valued in a fight with Silva. Silva has opened under -300 his last two fights and I think it would be a mistake if he did again. While Sonnen can take him down, surviving 5 rounds is another stroy. He looked like he was fading late third against Marquardt and I believe he is still very suseptible to a sub. He was almost choked out vs. Miller and Marquardt (his face turned purple in the guillitine).

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Thanks for the insight guys

knownone

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I have now bet against Sonnen in his past three fights from -200 to -280. He is clearly being undervalued. But now, he may be over valued in a fight with Silva. Silva has opened under -300 his last two fights and I think it would be a mistake if he did again. While Sonnen can take him down, surviving 5 rounds is another stroy. He looked like he was fading late third against Marquardt and I believe he is still very suseptible to a sub. He was almost choked out vs. Miller and Marquardt (his face turned purple in the guillitine).
    I agree with you, Even though I feel Sonnen has a chance in order to win he'd have to be perfect which just isn't likely against Silva.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

world class wrestling always has a chancw

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    i hate his voice... he sounds like a whiney bitch.
    I hate his face, looks like a whiney bitch

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i too think sonnen has a solid chance against marquardt. wrestling is anderson's only "weakness", and while sonnen will need to make NO mistakes, hes proven that at least 3 rounds of smothering top control is possible (marquardt and okami).