Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

UFC Fight Night 102 - Derrick Lewis vs Shamil Abrurakhimov (December 9th, 2016)

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Sanity Check 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC heavy hitters
    should be an exciting card for entertainment purposes not huge on name value but sometimes those are the cards that really perform

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Anthony Hamilton +440 hmmmm? Those are stiff odds and these are heavy weights going at it..

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Anthony Hamilton +440 hmmmm? Those are stiff odds and these are heavy weights going at it..
    Probably a first round TKO to Hamilton then. Injury, some kind of fluke. Ngannou, is pretty good at getting up, so im not sure hes going to get subbed either. And there is also a athletic discrepancy, a lot of things that go against Hamilton in this fight. Ngannou is kind og a new fighter in the ufc, maybe he can get exposed. I put Ngannou in a medium parlay. But i also have Hamilton inside distance small to win back some. Hamilton by dec is difficult to imagine.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Probably a first round TKO to Hamilton then. Injury, some kind of fluke. Ngannou, is pretty good at getting up, so im not sure hes going to get subbed either. And there is also a athletic discrepancy, a lot of things that go against Hamilton in this fight. Ngannou is kind og a new fighter in the ufc, maybe he can get exposed. I put Ngannou in a medium parlay. But i also have Hamilton inside distance small to win back some. Hamilton by dec is difficult to imagine.
    I think Hamilton can use his grinding wrestling against the cage to win a split decision type of fight so I think there's some value on that prop at (+750) or better. Still think Ngannou is one the best HW prospects and he'll probably take this one.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Said this in the other thread but give me Black Beast under -200 easy. I can't see Abdurakhimov keeping this fight on the mat and it's just too damn dangerous to stay on the feet with Lewis.

I also think there will be too much credit given to Marc Diakiese and there will be value on Frankie Perez. I will be on Perez anywhere better than -150, and I think it's possible he opens as an underdog. Diakiese is exciting and young, but he throws way too many single strikes and not enough combos, and isn't very accurate IMO (he MISSED a million punches in his UFC debut), and does not have the scrambles and ground game to be able to control on the mat even though he will most likely get takedowns. It's a bit scary because of how young Diakiese is, so he may come in very improved, but I like Perez who is also young, at home in NY, has a very good camp, and isn't as outmatched on the feet in my opinion as people will believe. Also, this will be Diakiese's first fight in the states.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Said this in the other thread but give me Black Beast under -200 easy. I can't see Abdurakhimov keeping this fight on the mat and it's just too damn dangerous to stay on the feet with Lewis.

I also think there will be too much credit given to Marc Diakiese and there will be value on Frankie Perez. I will be on Perez anywhere better than -150, and I think it's possible he opens as an underdog. Diakiese is exciting and young, but he throws way too many single strikes and not enough combos, and isn't very accurate IMO (he MISSED a million punches in his UFC debut), and does not have the scrambles and ground game to be able to control on the mat even though he will most likely get takedowns. It's a bit scary because of how young Diakiese is, so he may come in very improved, but I like Perez who is also young, at home in NY, has a very good camp, and isn't as outmatched on the feet in my opinion as people will believe. Also, this will be Diakiese's first fight in the states.
    I think Diakiese will definitely open as the favorite. My guess is you'll get (+140) or better on Perez.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Diakiese will definitely open as the favorite. My guess is you'll get (+140) or better on Perez.
    You're prob right. I like it. My main concern would be Diakiese being able to smother with offensive wrestling and Perez being too content on his back, but I'm not giving Diakiese credit for all the KO's. Don't think he'll get that here.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    You're prob right. I like it. My main concern would be Diakiese being able to smother with offensive wrestling and Perez being too content on his back, but I'm not giving Diakiese credit for all the KO's. Don't think he'll get that here.
    Line opened Diakiese (-300) / Perez (+220)

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I think Hamilton can use his grinding wrestling against the cage to win a split decision type of fight so I think there's some value on that prop at (+750) or better. Still think Ngannou is one the best HW prospects and he'll probably take this one.
    One need to at least imagine that it may go that way although with some control from Hamilton up against the cage, is that likely winning him the fight against a fighter that pretty easily shrug of other fighters trying to do that shit in every fight. Since everybody try to take him down, his speciality is to circle out of those type of situations and he does that kind og easily imo. But, crazy stuff like that happens all the time, we just dont see it, because its a first time for everything. I do think though that Hamilton doesnt have a shot in hell. A bad matchup was on paper was Curtis blaydes and that was a easy fight for Ngannou. Ngannou will probably struggle a bit against better wrestlers who can take out some of the steam, but Hamilton just isnt that guy, from what we have seen up until now.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

pumped for main event, lewis lives up to his nick name

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Mma rules to live by: 1. Always bet on black. 2. Never bet on women's mma.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    It's not white boy day when you face the beast you say?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-07-16 at 02:11 PM.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    I LOLd so hard at this. Pretty much exactly how I bet mma. I'll add another rule

3. If no blacks, bet the guy with more tattoos

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    I LOLd so hard at this. Pretty much exactly how I bet mma. I'll add another rule

3. If no blacks, bet the guy with more tattoos
    probably the worst strategy ive ever read in my life lmaooo

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    probably the worst strategy ive ever read in my life lmaooo
    Remember when Ben Nguyen KO'ed the guy with all those tattoos on the regional scene?

firekillex

Remember when Ben Nguyen KO'ed the guy with all those tattoos on the regional scene?
    Lolll the one that head butted him during weigh ins. I've seen plenty of guys with tattoos get knocked out , usually they're trying to make up for a lack of talent trying to look hard with tattoos tbh, and betting black every time is like saying bet red gloves every time or some shit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I say fading Asians is still a reasonably decent strategy to consider most of the time in MMA.. Last few UFC events there has been a couple bad ass Asians fighting which I bet on and won but that's not the norm usually..

I still look to fade Asians when ever I get the chance... If we are stereotyping races that is...

PS.. Just coming home now from breakfast I swear I almost got broadsided by a female Asian driver, no lie, green light and I'm cruising and out of the corner of my eye I see this Audi A5 speeding and about to run the red, I slam the brakes and sure enough this Asian chick runs it and misses my front bumper by inches.. I was lucky as I could be dead right now if I didn't see her.. Other people were honking and in shock as well when I looked around..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-07-16 at 02:17 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I say fading Asians is still a reasonably decent strategy to consider most of the time in MMA.. Last few UFC events there has been a couple bad ass Asians fighting which I bet on and won but that's not the norm usually..

I still look to fade Asians when ever I get the chance... If we are stereotyping races that is...

PS.. Just coming home now from breakfast I swear I almost got broadsided by a female Asian driver, no lie, green light and I'm cruising and out of the corner of my eye I see this Audi A5 speeding and about to run the red, I slam the brakes and sure enough this Asian chick runs it and misses my front bumper by inches.. I was lucky as I could be dead right now if I didn't see her.. Other people were honking and in shock as well when I looked around..
    Glad to hear you're OK Jibs. Always fade Asian...drivers (esp. female)
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 12-07-16 at 02:27 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Glad to hear you're OK Jibs. Always fade Asian...drivers
    I don't know about all Asian drivers but the women drivers I would fade Lol.. Asian dudes can usually drive ok..

That red light blow thru rattled me a bit.. I think that's why I mentioned the Asian fade just now in that above post.. Close call for sure.. Almost wrecked my shiiit..

My Lexus has no dents or side air bags either, that would have certainly ruined my day for sure in a BAD WAY if I wasn't paying attention to the road.......

It would have looked something like this... Notice the poor guy crossing the street in the gif.. He was very unlucky..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-07-16 at 02:29 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Yeah that's a fair edit.

firekillex

Glad to hear you're OK Jibs. Always fade Asian...drivers (esp. female)
    Always fade Asian drivers is one correct stereotype ill agree to lolll

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Does anyone else have the feeling Camozzi does not even deserve to be there "? Fade CITY

PaperTrail07

that same guy kicked his GF in the face and went to jail...
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Lolll the one that head butted him during weigh ins. I've seen plenty of guys with tattoos get knocked out , usually they're trying to make up for a lack of talent trying to look hard with tattoos tbh, and betting black every time is like saying bet red gloves every time or some shit

PaperTrail07

Also Funny BB said he hates being on fight pass and now he is the main on it's card LOL...

PaperTrail07

$100.00 $485.15 Pending 4 Team Parlay
    Pending 12/9/16 10:30pm UFC Fighting 1002 Derrick Lewis -210* vs Shamil Abdurahimov
    Pending 12/9/16 9:30pm UFC Fighting 1202 Gian Villante -175* vs Saparbek Safarov
    Pending 12/9/16 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1502 Randy Brown -170* vs Brian Camozzi
    Pending 12/10/16 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1602 Olivier Aubin-Mercier -170* vs Drew Dober

PaperTrail07

$15.00 $1,058.04 Pending 4 Team Parlay
    Pending 12/10/16 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1001 Anthony Pettis +175* vs Max Holloway
    Pending 12/10/16 11:31pm UFC Fighting 1101 Matt Brown +245* vs Donald Cerrone
    Pending 12/10/16 11:01pm UFC Fighting 1201 Cub Swanson +190* vs Doo Ho Choi
    Pending 12/10/16 7:30pm UFC Fighting 1901 John Makdessi +160* vs Lando Vannata

PaperTrail07

Swanson at 2:1 is a no brainer IMO....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Not any reputable write ups out yet.. Found this, have no idea the record of this guys picks from FANSIDED.. Some decent short reads though..http://fansided.com/2016/12/07/ufc-f...v-predictions/

Main Card
    Derrick Lewis vs. Shamil AbdurakhimovThe heavyweights occupy the main event in Albany, as American destroyer Derrick Lewis looks to continue his run up the ladder against Russian Shamil Abdurakhimov. Lewis is primarily a boxer, but he can also achieve his coveted knockouts when he’s on top during a grappling exchange. His immense power has led to knockouts in a majority of his fights, so Abdurakhimov would be wise to avoid an extended battle on the feet and instead look to score takedowns and overwhelm Lewis, who’s not the strongest off his back, on the ground. He’ll have to enter the danger zone to do that, though, and Lewis will knock him out in front of a raucous Albany crowd.

Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Hamilton
    The co-main event will also feature heavyweights, as France’s Francis Ngannou looks to continue his impressive UFC run against Greg Jackson student Anthony Hamilton. Both Ngannou and Hamilton are sluggers who will likely engage in a glorified kickboxing match with 4-ounce gloves. Hamilton showed his immense stopping power in his last outing, when he blitzkrieged Damian Grabowski immediately out of the gate to score the knockout stoppage. He’ll have to bring his chin to this bout, though, as Ngannou likely has the power advantage. This will be a fun one while it lasts, as both men will exchange heavy leather. In the end, Ngannou will continue his trend of highlight reel knockouts, leaving Hamilton in a heap with a blistering KO.

Gian Villante vs. Saparbek Safarov
    Next up are the light heavyweights, as UFC newcomer Saparbek Safarov makes a very short notice debut when he meets up with New York native Gian Villante. Villante, a strike-first fighter, will look to make this a kickboxing match. He has good power to back up his technique. He’s also extremely athletic, which may serve him well in this bout. Safarov is a finisher that has won every fight in his eight-bout career by either knockout or submission. This is a coin flip, and the fact Safarov accepted the fight on short notice could affect the outcome, but I still see him pulling out the win, possibly by submission.

Corey Anderson vs. Sean O’Connell
    TUF 19 winner Corey Anderson looks to take out the always-entertaining Sean O’Connell in a bout between a striker and a grappler. Anderson is the grappler whose athleticism, explosiveness and wrestling technique oftentimes carry him through fights. He’s cleaned up his boxing, too, which has helped him in striking affairs and has also helped set up more takedowns. O’Connell is an axe-to-the-grind brawler, an approach that has brought him both success and heartbreak. He’ll try to engage in another war with Anderson here, but it won’t serve him well. Anderson wins however he pleases.

Justine Kish vs. Ashley Yoder
    In another late-notice bout, this time at strawweight, TUF veterans Justine Kish and Ashley Yoder square off. Kish is a striker with good athleticism and explosiveness. Her strikes land with great power for a woman her size, and the technique and angles she lands at further the accumulation of damage. She’ll want to keep this fight upright, as Yoder is a submission grappler who will look to ground this fight early. Yoder’s submission prowess is well noted and she’s coming off a tapout in Invicta against former atomweight title challenger Amber Brown. While that win was impressive, Brown is a lot smaller than Kish, who will pepper Yoder throughout and score a finish mid-to-late in the fight.

Randy Brown vs. Brian Camozzi
    Randy Brown meets up with Brian Camozzi, who fills in on late notice for Charlie Ward, in a welterweight bout. Camozzi comes from the same FactoryX Muay Thai gym as his brother Chris, which has produced some solid all-around fighters. He has good knockout power and a strong submission game to back that up. All of his wins are finishes, showing a killer instinct that will make him a dangerous UFC roster member. He takes on a striker in Brown who’s quick, explosive and devastating when he lands strikes. This should be an entertaining fight that gets the crowd hot. Brown will walk away the victor, though Camozzi will get mad respect for his effort.

Preliminary Card
    Joe Gigliotti vs. Gerald MeerschaertThis middleweight bout sees two fighters stepping in on short-notice. Jose Gigliotti stepped in for Josh Samman, while Gerald Meerschaert replaced Oluwale Bamgbose. Meerschaert is the RFA middleweight champion and has a respectable record of 24-8. He trains with Roufusport, which has guided him well, especially during the current run he’s on. His ground game has been his strongest asset, which has led to some great submission and ground-and-pound stoppages. As for Gigliotti, the 23-year-old fighter came up short in his UFC debut, falling to veteran Trevor Smith over three rounds. He’s known to have a solid submission game as well, though I don’t think he has as many tools as Meerschaert. That’s why the UFC newcomer and RFA champ scores a win here in his first UFC outing.

Andrew Sanchez vs. Trevor SmithIn a middleweight bout, TUF 23 winner Andrew Sanchez looks to continue his ascent up the ladder against longtime vet Trevor Smith. Smith has been around the block a time or two, and although his striking isn’t the best for a guy with as many fights as he has, his wrestling and jiu-jitsu are hard to compete with. He goes up against Sanchez, who’s likely the better wrestler and striker, and can compete in the submission game as well. Sanchez is one of the better TUF winners in recent history, so it appears this is a litmus test for him. Best Smith and get a high-level opponent next; fall to Smith and go back to the drawing board. I think he thrives here, getting past Smith with his striking to move on to bigger and better things.

Tiago dos Santos vs. Shane Burgos
    On late notice, featherweight Shane Burgos will make his UFC debut against middling Brazilian Tiago dos Santos. “Trator,” as he’s known, has not fought for the UFC since September of 2015, a legnthy layoff. That said, despite a TKO loss to Mike de la Torre, he has scored decision wins over the likes of Akbarh Arreola and Clay Collard. He has a lot more experience than Burgos, who has just seven pro fights (all victories). Burgos is a tall featherweight at 6 feet, so he may have a good size advantage here. He’s a veteran of the CFFC organization, where he was scoring finishes left and right. He may be affected by the fact he’s taking the fight on short notice, but I’ll take Burgos in the upset in impressive fashion.

Marc Diakiese vs. Frankie Perez
    After a jaw-rattling performance in his native England, Marc Diakiese returns for his sophomore effort in the UFC when he takes on un-retired fighter Frankie Perez. Perez is a grinder that loves working the ground game, which makes sense seeing as he runs with names like Ricardo Almeida and Nick Catone. He’ll look to force Diakiese down early, as that’s his best chance at succeeding here. As for Diakiese, his power punching ability is what brought him to the big show and he’ll likely continue to use that weapon here. He’ll want to sprawl on the Perez takedowns and land big shots on the exit. He does that here, doing a lot of damage on Perez before scoring a victory in his second UFC affair.

Ryan Janes vs. Keith Berish
    Keith Berish returns to the Octagon for the first time in a very long time against debuting Canadian Ryan Janes in a middleweight contest. This is the first fight for Berish since July of 2014, when he was submitted quickly by Robert Drysdale in a fight that was overturned to a no contest. Since then, no one’s seen him anywhere near a UFC cage. He takes on Janes, who has had a (much shorter) layoff himself. Most of Janes’ career wins come via choke submission. The most impressive came in his last outing, when he choked out Canadian prospect Brendan Kornberger in a fourth-round finish. This fight has a lot of question marks, but I think the combination of a long layoff for Berish and the skill of Janes will bring victory to the Canadian fighter.

Juliana Lima vs. JJ Aldrich
    On late notice, JJ Aldrich is set to make her UFC debut when she takes on Brazilian veteran Juliana Lima. Lima is a power grinder — physically strong and explosive in the clinch and on the mat. She will look to take Aldrich down, as JJ has shown she’s a competent striker. Aldrich will want to keep this fight on the feet to give herself the best chance to win. However, I don’t see her handling Lima’s pressure in this one. The Brazilian will get another win under the UFC banner.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^IF MMAMANIA posts up a preview it will probably be tomorrow.. We'll see and I'll copy and paste it up if it comes out..

Shagdogy

Line opened Diakiese (-300) / Perez (+220)
    I think it's a 50:50 fight so obviously I really like Perez at these odds.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Does anyone else have the feeling Camozzi does not even deserve to be there "? Fade CITY
    Camozzi throws such short strikes for a guy his size... kinda like Sean Sherk with those t-Rex arms. Brown uses distance way better... UNTIL he gets wreckless. Not very impressed with either.

Shagdogy

How late did Burgos take his fight vs Tiago Trator? I think he smokes Trator. I have him 3/1 if he has a full camp. Need a few more details but -170 seems bargain price to me.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Like some dogs here. Fading Janes after he cut weight not long ago to fight and didn't get to fight. He cuts at least 50 pounds to get down to 185 which is huge IMO. Berish looked bad against a roided up Drysdale who is a monster and that fight was at LHW. He just got manhandled by Drysdale who was popped with roids afterwards. Berish is the better wrestler for sure in this fight and he's a brown belt in BJJ so he wouldn't be a fish out of water on the ground necessarily against the black belt of Janes. On the feet, I think its pretty competitive but Berish may even have the edge there. Good price on him IMO

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Be careful with Lima against Aldrich. She'll be able to bully her for sure, but Lima does gas and if she's winning this fight she'll have a very tough time conserving any energy late in this fight. I'm thinking of playing Aldrich +3.5 if the line is decent. I think Lima fades and Aldrich comes on strong to at least win round 3.

1234 ... Last