TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

What's the play in the Avila/Barzola fight?

Barzola is a legit fighter. He was a grinding style powerful wrestler on TUF Latin America or whatever he was on but in his last fight, he looked really improved in the standup and got robbed out of a decision against a decent prospect in Kyle Bochniak. On the other hand, Chris Avila got his UFC shot because he's Nate Diaz's buddy and got put on the Diaz/McGregor 2 card against Conor's overrated buddy Artem Lobov. Lobov is in no way a UFC caliber guy and he picked Avila apart standing. Avila is tall for the division but he has zero pop and his ground game isn't much either. I fail to see how Barzola can lose this fight but the ML is -550 or so and even the -2.5 points prop is at -250 or so. This all boils down to if you think Barzola can get the finish I guess. You're getting + money on him ITD which I think could be good. As mentioned, his striking looked amazing in his last fight out and after that **** decision, I can see him pressing the issue until he gets Avila out of there. Any thoughts?

lokihayze
    lokihayze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Yeah Avila is being hand fed to barzola as a 'sorry bro' for his last crap decision he copped.
    I'm saying that, the Diaz bros will have given Chris a lot and I mean ALOT of shite for standing back the way he did and nick has been working with him personally too from what I can see on social media. If they recommend him and he's shite, reflects bad on them too and nick doesnt have fights lined up neither does Nate or Gil ATM so the only one who does is avila. Young blokes can learn a lot in a short time especially when they've been made a fool of publicly. That's why Nate got into fighting, after nick ripped him for embarrassing himself in a fight.
    He looked like he didn't actually get going against lobov. Not that he doesn't have skills, just held back way too much. Lobov wasn't really stuffing take downs, stopping subs or blocking anything, ,Chris just wasn't throwing it! We could see either a fighter inspired to get out and give it everything and really show what he's got, or we will see a nervous Avila again.
    The sub prop could be good, he trains ALOT with Nate and if you look at private vids he's quite good at bjj.
    Worth a small bet, just don't bet anything you'd be sad at losing bro.

lokihayze
    lokihayze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

So what I'm saying is, behind the scenes they all don't have fights and can concentrate on Chris getting his act together. So either avoid Barzola as the money is crap anyway, or small wager

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Barzola ITD at plus money for me. Kid should get worked

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Looks like Avila has a size advantage.

Avila probably has consistently better coaches and training partners too. Barzola lives in Peru and definitely doesn't have anyone like a Diaz brother to help him prepare.

Avila hasn't looked good in his previous fights. If he shows some improvement I think he could pull off an upset.

There are a lot of gritty, tough, underdogs on this card like Alex Nicholson. This could be a dangerous time to play favorites.