THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Bellator 163: McGeary vs. Davis (November 04, 2016)

Spike, 9 p.m. ET
    Liam McGeary vs Phil Davis (for light heavyweight title)
    Saad Awad vs Brennan Ward
    Derek Anderson vs Paul Daley
    Javy Ayala vs Sergei Kharitonov
    Marloes Coenen vs Talita Nogueira

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I like McGeary at (+200)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Not skipping over this event but noticed the odds were up for the future fights....

Giving Benson Henderson a shot to win this by decision as the dog... Liking Phil Davis and Chael Sonnen also as the favorites..

Bellator 163 - Light Heavyweight 5 rounds - Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, Connecticut - SpikeTV
    Fri 11/4 3001 Liam McGeary +200 o2½ -180
    11:00PM 3002 Phil Davis -280 u2½ +140
    Bellator 165 - Lightweight 5 rounds - SAP Center - San Jose, California - SpikeTV
    Sat 11/19 5001 Benson Henderson +140 o3½ -185
    11:30PM 5002 Michael Chandler -180 u3½ +145
    Bellator 170 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Great Western Forum - Inglewood, Caliornia
    Sat 1/21 3001 Chael Sonnen -160 o2½ -190
    11:00PM 3002 Tito Ortiz +120 u2½ +150

Hugo de Naranja

I think Bendo gets destroyed here but I was hoping for a better line.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Bendo gets destroyed here but I was hoping for a better line.
    Bendo is hard to finish and I'm thinking he barely wins a decision against Chandler myself.. I'm gonna try the Bendo decision prop when it comes out for even better odds..

Michael Chandler is tough though, no guarantees in this match up me tinks.. I'm just gonna play the odds and hope for the best..

Hugo de Naranja

If I do play this I'll definitely hedge with Henderson decision as I'd be very surprised if he finishes Chandler. Chandler decision also might not be a bad bet given Hendo's durability.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

@ Hugo what are your thoughts on Ortiz vs Sonnen now that the odds are up. The odds are close what's not surprising... but the odds could have been the otherway round. It's difficult to determine the shape of both fighters. Ortiz will fight home and maybe a size advantage since Sonnen is moving up in class. Not touching this one.

Hugo de Naranja

Thrilla, I think current odds are about right but I would have bet Tito at the opening price of (+180) if I had been fast enough. I think money will come in on Sonnen so I may get another opportunity in that price range.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thrilla, I think current odds are about right but I would have bet Tito at the opening price of (+180) if I had been fast enough. I think money will come in on Sonnen so I may get another opportunity in that price range.
    If Chael is juicing I like Chael.. I am assuming he is.... Need to see weigh ins..

Both these fighters are old and suck, Tito outside chance at a sub or pound out, but chances are Chael is still the better wrestler and puts Tito on his back... I would assume Chael has better cardio also..

That is if Chael still has anything left in the tank after all this time off.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

taking the live dog here in McGeary
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Mr Wonderful by decision for me fellas.. Waiting for the prop to come out..

Liam is a live dog though perhaps, undefeated as well so I can't blame you guys for taking a shot at 2-1 odds.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Liam-McGeary-66510

I just think Phil Davis has fought the best in the sport and will have the wrestling advantage and put McGeary on his back and that will be the difference in this fight and on the score cards round after round.. Phil is evasive standing as well with his peek a boo boxing style.. Phil by split decision if I had to guess..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-31-16 at 04:17 PM.

JAKEPEAVY21

say it aint so jibber jaw

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

lol

Hugo de Naranja

Jibs on every Bellator event page, "I'm liking all the favorites for this event"
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, and JAKEPEAVY21

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibs on every Bellator event page, "I'm liking all the favorites for this event"
    Not on every event page but most.. If I like the favorites I like the favorites what are ya gonna do? I'm going with Benson Henderson he's not a favorite..

Ran the table in the last Bellator event playing props and parlays.. Been pretty solid with Bellator all year.. Not bragging either..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Ortiz vs. Sonnen is going to be a one sided beat down with Uncle Chael swinging the hammer.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not on every event page but most.. If I like the favorites I like the favorites what are ya gonna do? I'm going with Benson Henderson he's not a favorite..

Ran the table in the last Bellator event playing props and parlays.. Been pretty solid with Bellator all year.. Not bragging either..
    It seems to be working haha. Just making an observation

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Derek Anderson is moving up to 170 from 155 to fight Paul Daley.

Anyone know if the move is permanent, or is it only for this one fight?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Derek Anderson is moving up to 170 from 155 to fight Paul Daley.

Anyone know if the move is permanent, or is it only for this one fight?
    Probably depends if he wins or loses..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Always bet the favorite in bellator. New rule in the making.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- In Part 1 of Liam McGeary, In Camp, we follow him to Renzo Gracie's gym and talk about being 100% healthy for the first time in a while.

- P
    art 4 has Phil "Mr. Wonderful" Davis prepping for #Bellator163's title fight in a unique way.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Took Daley myself...-130

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Combat Press -

Bellator 163: McGeary vs. Davis Preview and Predictions

Bellator MMA starts November at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., for Bellator 163.
    Bellator 163’s main event will take place in the light heavyweight division, where champion Liam McGeary gets his stiffest test to date against former top UFC contender Phil Davis. Davis has been on a roll since switching promotions. Davis won the Bellator Light Heavyweight Grand Prix and defeated Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal in his last fight. After winning the 2014 Light Heavyweight Summer Series, McGeary went on to beat Emanuel Newton for the light heavyweight strap at Bellator 134. McGeary defended his belt against Tito Ortiz at Bellator 142 with a first-round submission victory.
    In the evening’s co-headliner, Brennan Ward looks to kickstart another winning streak when he faces Saad Awad. Ward was on a five-fight roll before losing to Evangelista Santos in the first round at Bellator 153. Awad is coming off a loss of his own after dropping a decision to Derek Anderson at Bellator 160.
    The main card will also feature another three fights. At the welterweight level, Paul Daley will return to face the aforementioned Anderson. Sergei Kharitonov will look to make a statement in his first fight in Bellator against Javy Ayala at the heavyweight level. Bellator 163 will also head to the women’s side, where featherweight Marloes Coenen will look to bounce back from a devastating loss in her last fight. Coenen goes up against Talita Nogueira.
    The Bellator 163 preliminary action airs on Bellator.com at 6:50 p.m. ET. The main card will air live on Spike TV beginning at 9 p.m. ET.
    Liam McGeary is Bellator’s undefeated light heavyweight champion. He’s already defeated Emanuel Newton and Tito Ortiz, but now he faces what might truly be the test of whether he’s on par with the top tier of UFC light heavyweights. Can he pass this test, or will former UFC contender Phil Davis humble the up-and-comer?
    I have been on the McGeary bandwagon for some time. I have picked him to win his fights and win the belt. McGeary has such tremendous potential that it makes this an incredibly tough choice. I may have to step off the train here, though, as he faces Davis, someone who has a very good chance to wear Bellator gold eventually after signing with the promotion after departing from the UFC.
    McGeary should have worked a tremendous amount of time on his wrestling defense in preparation for this contest. Davis is going to turn to his wrestling skills early and often, looking for the takedown and dragging McGeary to the ground. If he’s successful, Davis will win this fight with relative ease. It doesn’t matter if he only secures the takedown once in each round, the effect of each takedown will be seen. McGeary will be drained of his energy and fade in the later rounds. Davis can take this approach against some of the best light heavyweights on the planet. The question is whether or not McGeary is even up there.
    The reigning champ should certainly have the advantage on the feet. He has significant power if he can land. McGeary also arguably holds the edge in the submission department. He will create a tremendous amount of problems for Davis off his back, especially if Davis makes mistakes. McGeary isn’t perfect. He has missed some easy submissions against prior opponents that a lot of fighters would have finished, but the Brit almost always seems to be in position to finish the fight.
    Davis is very determined to get the takedown, but McGeary needs to counter off of his back and make Davis fight to keep him down.
    Davis is the easy and smart pick in this fight, given his background as one of the better light heavyweights on the UFC roster. He’s a big fish in a relatively small pond in Bellator’s light heavyweight division. His wrestling has proven the bane of many a fighter’s existence. Davis isn’t the most entertaining man to watch, but his style gets the job done.
    Marloes Coenen and Talita Nogueira meet in a women’s featherweight bout on the main card. Coenen has been a fixture of the division for years, whereas Nogueira is an undefeated six-fight veteran who has not fought since 2013. Is this a rebound fight for Coenen, who suffered a loss her last time out, or a coming-out party for her Brazilian counterpart?
    Coenen’s last fight was highly disappointing after how dominant she had been in her previous Bellator outings. Her loss to Alexis Dufresne is a huge deal. Coenen was not only the favorite by far to win the fight, but also a huge favorite to become Bellator’s women’s featherweight champion. It seemed to be a foregone conclusion. Then Dufresne wrecked those plans.
    This has to be a rebound fight for Coenen. She is coming off a loss and faces a fighter who hasn’t participated in MMA in three years. That is the pretty obvious basis for any rebound fight. If Coenen were to lose, there should be some serious contemplation on her part afterwards.
    Nogueira is going to fight Coenen’s game in the grappling department and will be more than happy to battle this out on the ground. The fight is tailor made for Coenen to get back in the win column and make her march toward an eventual belt-crowning ceremony. Bellator needs Coenen to come out on top, too. This isn’t just a one-sided “she needs a win” fight. The promotion has sunk in a great deal of investment into building a division behind Coenen. The company has put Coenen on the main card instead of some other good fights that could have easily slotted in and looked great on television. The women’s featherweight division isn’t exactly a big-numbers draw.
    The Dufresne fight should be the exception to the rule. Coenen isn’t generally that fighter. She doesn’t make egregiously bad mistakes on the ground and get submitted by fighters she should beat. Coenen has been one of the best featherweights on the planet for some time, and it should show here when she claims another submission victory.
    Sergei Kharitonov will finally make his Bellator debut after his initial debut was scrapped from May’s Bellator 154 card. Is Kharitonov set to make waves in the division? How long before he claims the Bellator belt?
    Kharitonov has a good shot to make waves in the heavyweight division based solely on skill, but also since there really isn’t all that much in front of him to stand in his way of conquering the weight class. This is even despite the fact he hasn’t fought in well over a year and has only fought once a year — except in 2014, when he fought twice — since losing to Josh Barnett in 2011. He has only had five fights in the span of almost six years. The quality of these opponents isn’t really up to par with the guys Kharitonov has beaten in the past, including Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum and Andrei Arlovski.
    Kharitonov is a good, strong fighter with the power to knock out a lot of heavyweights. The 36-year-old certainly has the names on his record to suggest he will get the title, and the division lacking a supply of opponents that could challenge him. It’s a matter of time until Kharitonov gets a title fight.
    Ayala is the first step in Kharitonov’s quest, but he isn’t likely to be too much for the Russian. This could quite possibly serve as an exhibition of how good Kharitonov could be. It’s a warm-up fight, if you will. Kharitonov has the strength and size advantage against Ayala, and he will use it to exercise his striking and continue his five-fight winning streak.
    Bellator has kept the heavyweight belt vacant for some time since stripping Vitaly Minakov in May for lack of defenses. That is almost six months now, and there hasn’t been much on the participants for the first title post-Minakov. Kharitonov could enter the picture with a successful showing.
    Which fight is the sleeper match-up on this card?
    We haven’t discussed it so far, but it should be touched upon. Brennan Ward and Saad Awad will be fireworks. Ward was well on his way to the top of the welterweight division before meeting Evangelista Santos and having his four-fight winning streak snapped. Ward is known for being a finisher — 12 of his 13 victories ended by either knockout or submission. Awad likes to go for the finish as well — 15 of his 19 victories came by knockout or submission. This fight is going to end in a big finish from one of these fighters. It should be an entertaining scrap before it concludes.
    Fight Picks
    Fight Pick
    Main Card (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
    LHW Championship: Liam McGeary vs. Phil Davis Davis
    WW: Saad Awad vs. Brennan Ward Ward
    Women’s FW: Marloes Coenen vs. Talita Nogueira Coenen
    WW: Paul Daley vs. Derek Anderson Anderson
    HW: Sergei Kharitonov vs. Javy Ayala Kharitonov
    Preliminary Card (Bellator.com, 6:50 p.m. ET)
    HW: Josh Diekmann vs. Tyler King King
    FW: Blair Tugman vs. Walter Smith-Cotito Tugman
    MW: Mike Zichelle vs. Tim Caron Caron
    WW: Ilya Kotau vs. Carlos Correia Kotau
    Women’s FlyW: Sarah Payant vs. Hannah Regina Regina
    WW: Keenan Raymond vs. Kastriot Xhema Raymond
    FW: Tom English vs. Chris Foster Foster
    WW: James Boran vs. Vinicius de Jesus Boran
    MW: Ed Ruth vs. Mark Mangiardi Ruth
    HW: Tyrell Fortune vs. Cody Miskell Fortune
    WW: Neiman Gracie vs. Rudy Bears Gracie
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Both Saad Awad and Derek Anderson are fighting @ 170, up from their usual weight class @ 155.

Both also fought about a month ago.

I'm thinking of going with Derek Anderson. Daley is a small welterweight at 5'8 or 5'9. Anderson could have height and reach advantages as well as a cardio advantage if his last fight was any indication of what kind of shape he's in. On the flip side, Anderson could get lazy with his cardio since he's fighting at 170 and won't have to cut as much weight. Daley vs Anderson could be a toss up.

Watching Phil Davis vs King mo now to see how well Davis did in that fight everyone said he lost but the judges gave him a gift.

edit

Marloes Coenen vs Talita Nogueira cancelled. Talita missed weight by 5 lbs.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-03-16 at 06:08 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm liking all the favorites again, no lie... Got parlay and props?

Derek Anderson is possibly the only dog I think that could land.. I'm not betting on that though.. If the fight stays standing I like Paul Daley...

Sanity Check

Paul Daley vs Derek Anderson is cancelled.

For precautionary reasons due to Daley's difficult weight cut.

Hugo de Naranja

Full 30 props released for the title fight. Nice to see them doing this for Bellator

JAKEPEAVY21

looks like 'ol Jibs subscribes to the Brock Landers chalk betting strategy during Bellator events

Hugo de Naranja

Bellator 163: McGeary vs. Davis

Straight Bets:
    McGeary/Davis Goes Distance (+110) 2u
    McGeary (+200) 1u
    McGeary (+225) .5u
    McGeary (+260) .5u

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Yeah, pretty much liking all the favorites. McGeary is champ but doesn't seem like he's faced an opponent like Davis. Oddsmakers not respecting the champ at all with him being a 200+ underdog sporting an undefeated professional record.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Nice KO win for Ward. Gotta give him props, he does bring it, kill or be killed. On the fence with the main event. Undefeated champ at +270 is tempting.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

GL Liam

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

50-43

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Mr Wonderful by decision for me fellas.. Waiting for the prop to come out..

Liam is a live dog though perhaps, undefeated as well so I can't blame you guys for taking a shot at 2-1 odds.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Liam-McGeary-66510

I just think Phil Davis has fought the best in the sport and will have the wrestling advantage and put McGeary on his back and that will be the difference in this fight and on the score cards round after round.. Phil is evasive standing as well with his peek a boo boxing style.. Phil by split decision if I had to guess..

Just got home and gonna see the fights now on DVR..

With the Paul Daley fight cancelled and no big names I passed, was not home.... Did play the favorites though.. I see Ward won by KO.. Dude is solid standing and is a finisher early..

I can only imagine Phil Davis used his wrestling to win this fight against the taller fighter with the chicken legs..

Favorites hit as usual in Bellator..

Tomorrow night fellas that's game on!!!

Wish I bet $100 on this.. Easy money.. Not complaining though...
    $50.00 $88.00 Win 11/4/16 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 3011 Davis wins by 5 round decision +176* vs Not Davis by 5 round decision

12 Last