MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

Epic fight. I would have called it 47-47. Connor took rounds 1, 2, and 4 with Nate rounds 3 and 5 with a 10-8 third, but all my bets were on Conor so I'll take it. Lucky win though b/c a few more seconds in the 3rd and it would have been over.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    How'd the night finish up for you Jibs? It looks like we were on some of the same stuff and at least made a few units.
    I was up BIG until the Nate Diaz fight.. I lost only 3 fights on the entire card out of 12... Hit alot of props early on and towards the end of the card as well..

That Nate loss though blew me up big time as I took about a $1200.00 hit on all my books with that final loss.. I really loaded up on Nate Diaz.. I still managed to win the event though as I was playing with house money after the Rumble Johnson early KO...

Seems like both of us got stung with that Nate loss but we both profited with the event.. All good and onto the next event Hugo..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-21-16 at 11:59 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    If I remember well
    After R1 Conor -190
    After R2 I don't remember
    After R3 Conor +800
    After R4 Conor -120
    After R5 Conor -333
    Thanks for that..

I would have thought Nate was favored after round 2 as he was taking over the fight and McGregor was looking gassed and running at the end of the round...

Glad I didn't live bet Nate after all..

I probably would have slammed Nate after round 2 especially.. I really though he was gonna finish McGregor.. 5 dimes wasn't showing live betting when I checked and I gave up looking after that..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-21-16 at 01:23 PM.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Regardless of how we did betting this card, I think it's important to take a step back and realize how amazing of a card UFC 202 was. We saw lots of incredible knockouts, new stars being born, and a fight of the year candidate to cap off the night.

The Nate/Conor fight was very close but it wasn't a robbery or a fix. Hopefully we get to see the trilogy some time in the near future.

Happy capping and good luck to everyone on the next event.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Diaz wasn't doing shit in the 3rd round.

He was throwing weak, slapping, shots that weren't hurting Conor.

The commentators exaggerated the action there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I did notice Nate is a total tard when he was trying to knee McLucky in the clinch.. It's like Nate never learned how to throw or land a knee in the clinch..

His punches are weak and that's the only reason he didn't finish McGregor at the end of several rounds.. He had McGregor running away from him.. Nate was the aggressor. So much for octagon control winning you points..

Like Hugo said, that was a fun card and we saw a bunch of good fights go down!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-21-16 at 02:53 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn, Rumble hit Glover so hard he sent a tooth flying.. Poor Glover Tex.. Not only got knocked out cold but is toothless now...

watch the vid and scroll down in this link and you can see the tooth go flying straight up in the air...http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/video-w...cut-at-ufc-202
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Gloveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Jibbby why? They hurt our man!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

It's too much for me I can't handle Glover getting hurt.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-202

- Tim Means Talks About Overcoming Drug Addiction, Getting Kids Back.

- Mike Perry Literally Calls Out The Entire Welterweight Division!

- Cowboy Cerrone Had A Pretty Crappy Day Before Story Win; Wants 50 Fights In UFC.

- Anthony Johnson Talks 13-Second Teixeira KO, Cormier Rematch + No Regrets At 170lbs.

Last edited by Thrilla; 08-22-16 at 05:03 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Nate Diaz Reacts to Conor McGregor Loss, Smokes E-cigarette. Isn't fighting again until he gets his trilogy with Conor McGregor. Why $2 Million Isn’t Enough.

- Conor McGregor isn't sure he's going back to featherweight just yet. Calls Nate Diaz “One Tough Motherf*cker” After Rematch Win.

Last edited by Thrilla; 08-22-16 at 06:56 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- With UFC 202 in the books, MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, Shaun Al-Shatti, and Marc Raimondi break down the top storylines.

Last edited by Thrilla; 08-22-16 at 07:50 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Nate in that last vid, said he rewatched the fight last night and thought he CLEARLY won. Lost the 1st round then won every round after that..

Nate just wants big fight paydays at this point.. Doesn't care about rematches, who he fights, where he fights on planet he fights. Nate is all about the cash.. He's lost all title ambitions, or the actual love for the sport..

Oh well it happens..

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

How are people saying Nate won round 2? Conor had a flawless 3 minutes 30 seconds to open the round and knocked Nate down twice. Even when he gassed the last 1.30 he was still landing his fair share of shots.

Nate certainly stole the momentum in the fight by coming on strong but he clearly lost the round.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave GoGoGadget 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15833

Agree Nate only won 2 rounds

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Take a slow motion trip through some of the highlights of the entire UFC 202 event, featuring Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wicked video.. Super bummed they didn't add rumbles Ko with the tooth flying out slow mo but I'll take it , hopefully do more of these in the future

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Wicked video.. Super bummed they didn't add rumbles Ko with the tooth flying out slow mo but I'll take it , hopefully do more of these in the future
    I'm actually happy they left that out cause I have developed a soft spot for Glover. Stockton slapped your b*tchass @ 2:31 min is my favourite part. + also notice the sick combination of strikes from Cerrone.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm actually happy they left that out cause I have developed a soft spot for Glover. Stockton slapped your b*tchass @ 2:31 min is my favourite part. + also notice the sick combination of strikes from Cerrone.
    That cerrone combo was just from another planet honestly... Lands every shot perfect against a super tough guy I wonder what the ceiling is for cowboy at 170 he's looking like a new beast he has a very very similar skill set and frame to Carlos condit and they're teammates .

the Stockton slap part was pretty funny then he points at Conor but watching all the ones that missed or were blocked intrigued me more, slow mo you can really see the technique behind the shoulder rolls and raising your elbow up to block shots kinda like Anderson does in his fights super cool.... Plus the 360 view weigh in the future is coming , can't wait until they have VR cameras on all the seats so we can watch live but at home will be insane

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I did notice Nate is a total tard when he was trying to knee McLucky in the clinch.. It's like Nate never learned how to throw or land a knee in the clinch..

His punches are weak and that's the only reason he didn't finish McGregor at the end of several rounds.. He had McGregor running away from him.. Nate was the aggressor. So much for octagon control winning you points..

Like Hugo said, that was a fun card and we saw a bunch of good fights go down!!!
    I believe the promotion is in the process of transitioning to a new set of rules where octagon control is hardly worth anything. Shots landed + damage delivered = points. Please correct me if I am wrong.

First ... 20212223