firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferguson dropping hints hes fighting Mcgregor
    who knows with him right now though if you can trust that

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Sadly, I am not sure you can trust either one right now, McGregor is all over the place and TFerg is cryptic and still isn't even cleared to fight yet according to Dana.

Still, I think the right thing to do is have Ferg, if cleared, fight JG for the next title shot, and make Connor either fight Diaz for the trilogy, or have him work his way up. I think Connor made a big mistake by ducking Cowboy and Gaethje, not only would those have been really popular fights but it would have justifiably put him back in the mix with a win. Now he's either going to get the Brock treatment, and get fast tracked to the top without merit, or slip away into "retirement." Who knows with those 2 anymore, I have to say that I am not that big on Twitter, but Tony is worth the follow. Such a weird dude.

firekillex

agreed id like the following
    Khabib vs Dustin
    Gaethje vs Ferguson
    Mcgregor vs Diaz 3

and tbh Mcgregor wouldnt duck anybody, UFC wouldnt give him the main event PPV slot to fight Cowboy so he declined, which imo he has the right to do that, fighting wise none of those 6 people mentioned would "duck" anybody , maybe decline a fight for a business move but straight up fighting wise theyre ducking nobody imo

Tony dropped a video with chicken nuggets and he always calls Mcgregor "Mcnuggets" thats where i got this from haha

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Ferguson dropping hints hes fighting Mcgregor
    who knows with him right now though if you can trust that
    I hope that fight gets made.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

something dumb would happen -fight wouldn't go down lol....mcNuggets cant lose the next one....will be a cake walk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I hope that fight gets made.

HurlSweatPants

agreed id like the following
    Khabib vs Dustin
    Gaethje vs Ferguson
    Mcgregor vs Diaz 3

and tbh Mcgregor wouldnt duck anybody, UFC wouldnt give him the main event PPV slot to fight Cowboy so he declined, which imo he has the right to do that, fighting wise none of those 6 people mentioned would "duck" anybody , maybe decline a fight for a business move but straight up fighting wise theyre ducking nobody imo

Tony dropped a video with chicken nuggets and he always calls Mcgregor "Mcnuggets" thats where i got this from haha
    You're right, ducking would be the wrong word as it implies he is scared. Nonetheless, he has offers and he isn't taking them for various reasons. And I do agree that they should've made that a main, as they should Diaz vs McGregor (Dana is out of his mind again when it comes to PPV BS), but just from a fan standpoint, it would be nice to see Connor say penetrate it, I have enough money, and take a fight if he truly loves the sport. I think he would've destroyed Cowboy, and it would've actually help re-market him. He's a different person at a different point in his career, I understand, just miss the Conor that had something to prove. penetrate PPV, points, all that shit, and go out and get a W. And then bark back at Dana with money talk.

Hell yeah, I saw that vid and got really excited, but cant tell if Tony is just stirring the pot. He did say he has a fight made, so we will see. Again, hard to trust either guy at this point as much as I love both as fighters.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave HurlSweatPants 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

agreed with everything youre saying amigo... sucks when somebody you enjoy gets too big and they never fight or stay active like when they were truly hungry

same goes for music you like an artist when theyre low key and coming up dropping songs every week then they get huge and you gotta wait 3 years for an album lol

firekillex

brunson -120 over elias theodorou
    easy money, in canada which will make me not max play this but will be putting a few units on this.. must win for Brunson

Iaquinta -150 over +120 cowboy cerronne tough fight... could see either guy winning this , lean Al with his aggressive style though but 5 rounds will be tough

HurlSweatPants

Cowboy has been a money making machine, win or lose for me. Mike Perry took the fight to the one place where he was severely outmatched, and Cowboy took his wing. I was even more impressed with the Alexander fight, although I thought Alexander did not fight smart at all in pressing forward without utilizing any head movement. In saying that, I think Al can make him a little more uncomfortable with his pressure. The only way I see Cowboy winning this is by using his BJJ and getting a SUB.

AI looked as good as anyone has against Khabib IMO despite being mauled, and I thought he was even more impressive against Lee. You can't really question his cardio as he's gone 5 rounds in his last 2 fights, and really turned it on in the last 2 rounds against Lee. His ground defense was good enough to get out of a couple of dangerous spots in both fights. He isn't as quick as someone like Edwards, but does have power and really presses forward, which can give Cowboy some issues if he doesn't get in a rhythm. Hope I am wrong but I like Big Al in this one.

Hugo de Naranja

I like Cowboy here. His UFC record against Orthodox fighters is something like 14-2.

HurlSweatPants

I like Cowboy here. His UFC record against Orthodox fighters is something like 14-2.
    I hope you're right, a win against Al puts him back in the hunt. Willing to throw some BPs on it?

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    I hope you're right, a win against Al puts him back in the hunt. Willing to throw some BPs on it?
    Sure.

HurlSweatPants

Sure.
    Want to take 110 for 100bps?

Hugo de Naranja

Want to take 110 for 100bps?
    Is that (+110) or (-110) on Cerrone?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

So as of right now, I have my estimated lines and quick breakdowns for the current Canada card plus the next 4 cards up to the prelims of the Cejudo vs Moraes PPV. Here are my estimated lines for the prelims on the Lee vs RDA card that have NOT been released yet. I'm trying to finish that PPV in June and also catch up on PFL starting next week and get into the 2nd week of the DWCS

Do Bronx -400
    Carlos Jr -150
    Megan Anderson -110
    Luque -200
    Roberts -250
    Arce -350
    Ramos -125
    Green -350

HurlSweatPants

+110 for Cerrone. See the line is almost even now but that was the original offer.

Hugo de Naranja

+110 for Cerrone. See the line is almost even now but that was the original offer.
    Sorry for the late response. We are on!

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Liking Anderson Silva against Jared Cannonier for the next event. It's in Brazil and I don't see Silva and Cannonier doing much to each other. Silva by a hone crowd split decision.

Hugo de Naranja

What fights are you guys most excited for on the UFC 237 card?

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2836

Aldo vs Volkanovski is most intriguing fight on the card for me, main event, Trinaldo vs. Ferreira, Barcelos vs. Nurmagomedon should be interesting too, overall decent card.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by povis View Post
    Aldo vs Volkanovski is most intriguing fight on the card for me, main event, Trinaldo vs. Ferreira, Barcelos vs. Nurmagomedon should be interesting too, overall decent card.
    I think Nurmagomedov pulled out and Barcelos has a different opponent now. I really like that Aldo vs. Volkanovski fight too.

jacharron17

Anyone like BJ Penn for the upset next week?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Anyone like BJ Penn for the upset next week?
    I wouldn't bet on bj penn if he fought jibby next week.

firekillex

What fights are you guys most excited for on the UFC 237 card?
    andrade aka brazilian justin bieber new 115 champ

Hugo de Naranja

andrade aka brazilian justin bieber new 115 champ
    Right there with you bro

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I wouldn't bet on bj penn if he fought jibby next week.
    I think he could beat Jibby with a Foot Stomp to the Toe but wouldn't pick Penn to beat any UFC fighters.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

what you think about Anderson over Cannonier ... kinda like Silva at dog money , he looked good last fight
    his chin is a little shot so he could get kod here but i think he could piece up the slower / bigger fighter for a decision win possibly

Hugo de Naranja

what you think about Anderson over Cannonier ... kinda like Silva at dog money , he looked good last fight
    his chin is a little shot so he could get kod here but i think he could piece up the slower / bigger fighter for a decision win possibly
    I'm actually going the other way. Think Cannonier outstrikes a shot Silva.
    Points Awarded:

HurlSweatPants gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

I'm actually going the other way. Think Cannonier outstrikes a shot Silva.
    only thing that worries me is Silvas Chin , but this is a huge step down in competition ... if he cant win this fight he has to hang it up

should be interesting .... lots of make it or break it fights on this card

HurlSweatPants

Sorry for the late response. We are on!
    Cowboy ****** Al up plain and simple, nice call. In other news,

I guess I can only donate a small amount of BPs at a time? I've never given more than a couple at once.

jacharron17

I think Silva has a good chance especially if it goes the distance. The fight being in Brazil might sway the judges in favor of Silva.

Hugo de Naranja

Cowboy ****** Al up plain and simple, nice call. In other news,

I guess I can only donate a small amount of BPs at a time? I've never given more than a couple at once.
    Yeah I think non-pros have some kind of cap on how many BPs they can give per day.

Hugo de Naranja

Forum post #10,000. It’s been a great couple years at SBR. Love talking fights with you guys.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Hugo de Naranja 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HurlSweatPants gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    So as of right now, I have my estimated lines and quick breakdowns for the current Canada card plus the next 4 cards up to the prelims of the Cejudo vs Moraes PPV. Here are my estimated lines for the prelims on the Lee vs RDA card that have NOT been released yet. I'm trying to finish that PPV in June and also catch up on PFL starting next week and get into the 2nd week of the DWCS

Do Bronx -400
    Carlos Jr -150
    Megan Anderson -110
    Luque -200
    Roberts -250
    Arce -350
    Ramos -125
    Green -350
    Pretty close on all of these outside of Luque and Ramos. I put a unit on Magny and Hubbard as a result. I'm much more confident in Hubbard and I anticipate dropping more at +300 or so and probably even more if this line looks like its going to come crashing down.

TPowell

Few from the next Europe card. I have that entire card minus the 2 I'm skipping in Santos/Ray and the Fabinski fight just announced

Gus -400 vs Anthony Smith
    Volkan -175 vs Latifi
    Camacho -125 vs Hein
    Fishgold -200 vs Amirkhani

First ... 65666768697071 ... Last