Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Lineker vs. Dodson announced as the main event for UFC Portland. I'm super hype for this fight! Lineker is my favorite fighter and Dodson is a beast too.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Lineker vs. Dodson announced as the main event for UFC Portland. I'm super hype for this fight! Lineker is my favorite fighter and Dodson is a beast too.
    Seen this come up on my phone and knew you'd like that announcement Hugo lol. Really close fight , Dodson has more skills imo, but lineker has the power to knockout anybody and a chin made of granite . I'd slightly have to lean Dodson here I think his movement may cause lineker some problems especially in a 5 rounder if lineker starts to fade a bit we've seen Dodson go 5 in his sleep . Dodson has only ever lost by decision in his career , but we know the cleanest knockouts are the ones where the opponent is jumping in and if he goes one way to quick into one of linekers bombs it'll be lights out.. No clue where the line will be on this one tbh maybe Dodson slight favourite ? Lean Dodson decision prop or lineker itd for me

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Seen this come up on my phone and knew you'd like that announcement Hugo lol. Really close fight , Dodson has more skills imo, but lineker has the power to knockout anybody and a chin made of granite . I'd slightly have to lean Dodson here I think his movement may cause lineker some problems especially in a 5 rounder if lineker starts to fade a bit we've seen Dodson go 5 in his sleep . Dodson has only ever lost by decision in his career , but we know the cleanest knockouts are the ones where the opponent is jumping in and if he goes one way to quick into one of linekers bombs it'll be lights out.. No clue where the line will be on this one tbh maybe Dodson slight favourite ? Lean Dodson decision prop or lineker itd for me
    Not sure how I'll play this one yet. I have to be sure not to get blinded by my love for Lineker.

firekillex

Not sure how I'll play this one yet. I have to be sure not to get blinded by my love for Lineker.
    Hahahah, ya I feel you always tough betting against a favourite fighter. I'd say if he's +120 or better take a shot with him he could definitely win this fight. His game is just kind of one dimensional imo and Dodson has a ton of different skills between his movement, wrestling, and super explosive striking where as lineker just plods forward throwing heavy leather with his head down but he has so much power and stalks you down so hard a lot of people get forced into the fire fight.. Gonna be super tough to do that against arguablely the fastest dude in the UFC though . From a fans perspective this is a dream fight really hope they make it to fight night , knock on wood

Hugo de Naranja

Hahahah, ya I feel you always tough betting against a favourite fighter. I'd say if he's +120 or better take a shot with him he could definitely win this fight. His game is just kind of one dimensional imo and Dodson has a ton of different skills between his movement, wrestling, and super explosive striking where as lineker just plods forward throwing heavy leather with his head down but he has so much power and stalks you down so hard a lot of people get forced into the fire fight.. Gonna be super tough to do that against arguablely the fastest dude in the UFC though . From a fans perspective this is a dream fight really hope they make it to fight night , knock on wood
    Yeah it should be awesome.

Hugo de Naranja

Lineker's style is simple but it's incredibly effective. He always fights guys with physical advantages and more tools but finds a way to win consistently. However, if there is anyone who can use movement to stick-and-move Lineker for 5 rounds, it's Dodson. Also important is that Dodson has excellent power and that is important for getting the respect of the pressure fighter in JL.

firekillex

Lineker's style is simple but it's incredibly effective. He always fights guys with physical advantages and more tools but finds a way to win consistently. However, if there is anyone who can use movement to stick-and-move Lineker for 5 rounds, it's Dodson. Also important is that Dodson has excellent power and that is important for getting the respect of the pressure fighter in JL.

his style is definitely effective against certain fighters, he hasnt really fought a guy with the movement of dodson kinda surprised they made this fight actually kinda killing a contender off here ... The worst style matchups for lineker imo would be dodson,cruz,dillashaw with their movement but lineker could surprise since we havent seen it yet. His last few fights hes made his opponent jump into a haymaker war with him and i dont see anybody at the lower weights beating him at that. Dodson doesnt have a huge reach or anything so at least size wise theyll be similiar here, if lineker can time a shot and catch dodson jumping in hell crumble and it is 5 rounds which leaves a ton of time but its not like dodson is a soft hitter like you said he has some big ko explosive power with more then just his hands to so lineker will have to be careful leaving his hands down like he does even though he has a iron chin.. Super fun fight though well definitely need to see the line before any major analysis

Hugo de Naranja

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans (185) likely for UFC 205

firekillex

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans (185) likely for UFC 205
    never thought id hear those 2 names together... rashad finally making the drop down to 185 and the ufc doesnt give him anything easy i dont see this going well for rashad unless the old rashad somehow comes back but hes getting pretty old and kennedy is super tough but hes been inactive as well so this is a tough fight to call , funny thing is rashads the one coming down from 205 but i think kennedy will be the larger man , this fight may come down to the wrestling

Hugo de Naranja

never thought id hear those 2 names together... rashad finally making the drop down to 185 and the ufc doesnt give him anything easy i dont see this going well for rashad unless the old rashad somehow comes back but hes getting pretty old and kennedy is super tough but hes been inactive as well so this is a tough fight to call , funny thing is rashads the one coming down from 205 but i think kennedy will be the larger man , this fight may come down to the wrestling
    I think Kennedy will be a big favorite but hopefully Kennedy ITD or -3.5 will be playable

firekillex

I think Kennedy will be a big favorite but hopefully Kennedy ITD or -3.5 will be playable
    ya im assuming kennedy will be a favourite but hes been inactive lately so i think hell be around -180 / -200 range possibly? Ill probably roll with kennedy by decision if the values right imo . Surprised theyd give rashad such a tough fight for his middleweight debut not giving him any favours thats for sure

Hugo de Naranja

I really hope they book Claudia Gadelha vs. Rose Namajunas in the near future. I think that'd be a great fight.

xagonzx
    xagonzx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I really hope they book Claudia Gadelha vs. Rose Namajunas in the near future. I think that'd be a great fight.
    I'd give Claudia a pretty big advantage in a 3 round fight. 5 round fight might be closer, but still Glaudia. I don't think Rose is on that level of competition yet, although i do like her.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by xagonzx View Post
    I'd give Claudia a pretty big advantage in a 3 round fight. 5 round fight might be closer, but still Glaudia. I don't think Rose is on that level of competition yet, although i do like her.
    agreed claudia would be a big problem for rose, id like for rose to have 1-2 tune up fights and keep growing .. she could possibly fight for a title in 2-3 years if she keeps improving
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rich Benjamins

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by xagonzx View Post
    I'd favor Claudia in a 3 round fight against any women's strawweight. Perhaps they won't make this fight since it likely kills a contender/popular fighter in Rose.

firekillex

I'd favor Claudia in a 3 round fight against any women's strawweight. Perhaps they won't make this fight since it likely kills a contender/popular fighter in Rose.
    agreed, they need all the contenders they can get in the womens divisions i doubt they put those 2 together until they really need a contender.. They got kk against jj next as well so theyre not to desperate plus if claudia wins that matchup they couldnt really give her a title shot next since shes already 0-2 against jj unless kk wins that fight then she has a shot .... maybe give rose somebody like the esparza rematch or joanne calderwood/ andrade loser

Hugo de Naranja

agreed, they need all the contenders they can get in the womens divisions i doubt they put those 2 together until they really need a contender.. They got kk against jj next as well so theyre not to desperate plus if claudia wins that matchup they couldnt really give her a title shot next since shes already 0-2 against jj unless kk wins that fight then she has a shot .... maybe give rose somebody like the esparza rematch or joanne calderwood/ andrade loser
    Yeah I think a matchup with either of them makes sense although they probably won't give her Esparza off a loss.

xagonzx
    xagonzx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Good points made. Yeah, although there honestly isn't too many matchups to be made in the SW division. I see Joanna having a "Ronda-esque" run with the title, until the division catches up to her.

Hugo de Naranja

Josh Emmett out of UFC on Fox Vancouver due to injury

Hugo de Naranja

Scholler just announced a shit-ton of events. There's one almost every weekend for the rest of the year!

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Scholler just announced a shit-ton of events. There's one almost every weekend for the rest of the year!
    Nice! Lets make some money!
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Rich Benjamins 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

i checked that out to.. basically every weekend until december 30th... even that one day i seen there was 2 cards in 24 hours
    lets make that chedda hugo
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

Dodson +108 vs lineker kinda surprised by this line.. Gonna have to side with Dodson for this fight now I guess

I see bisping -195 / -250 range for the hendo fight gonna jump big on this asap before line moves up I think it will, I think this is an easy w for bisping as long as he doesn't fight like an idiot hendo literally has one move only... Maybe go small Rd 3/4 stoppage as well since I see bisping finishing him late by an accumulation of damage similar to Cung lee fight

Mickey gall tko/Ko prop at +325 gall has 2 subs but his last one came after rocking his opponent, cm punks standup looks trash from videos I've seen and galls at least looks semi decent and he has some power, cm is supposedly best on the ground so maybe he can stop the sub but most likely get clipped and tkoed here guys fighting a decent prospect and he's a wwe older guy who is just coming off injury and has never had an mma fight in his life other then trial fights in camp I don't really see him winning this one
    Last edited by firekillex; 08-20-16 at 09:15 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Dodson +108 vs lineker kinda surprised by this line.. Gonna have to side with Dodson for this fight now I guess

I see bisping -195 / -250 range for the hendo fight gonna jump big on this asap before line moves up I think it will, I think this is an easy w for bisping as long as he doesn't fight like an idiot hendo literally has one move only... Maybe go small Rd 3/4 stoppage as well since I see bisping finishing him late by an accumulation of damage similar to Cung lee fight

Mickey gall tko/Ko prop at +325 gall has 2 subs but his last one came after rocking his opponent, cm punks standup looks trash from videos I've seen and galls at least looks semi decent and he has some power, cm is supposedly best on the ground so maybe he can stop the sub but most likely get clipped and tkoed here guys fighting a decent prospect and he's a wwe older guy who is just coming off injury and has never had an mma fight in his life other then trial fights in camp I don't really see him winning this one
    Will probably play props for Dodson/Lineker rather than either ML.

I like Bisping here as well. Will definitely hedge with Henderson KO/TKO as I see that as his only Method of Victory.

Gall KO/TKO could get there although he seems to go for "club and subs," rocking his opponent and jumping on an RNC

firekillex

Will probably play props for Dodson/Lineker rather than either ML.

I like Bisping here as well. Will definitely hedge with Henderson KO/TKO as I see that as his only Method of Victory.

Gall KO/TKO could get there although he seems to go for "club and subs," rocking his opponent and jumping on an RNC
    ill have to check out the props for dodson/lineker.. what props would you even play though hugo ? i could honestly see this fight going 20 different ways dodson is super dynamic could win by literally ko,tko, decisions pretty much anything and lineker can knock you out in any round as well plus if its a main event and 5 rounds that gets even trickier right.. im assuming the lineker tko/ko prop wont have a ton of value either maybe picking the round could have a ton of value if you can hit it

bisping is just the only play for me here i wont even hedge this with the hendo tko/ko hendo is definetly a legend and i give him props for his last win but hes honestly so far past his prime to me im baffled hes even still fighting, the worst matchup possible for him is a guy who picks his shots and stays at range since he is literally a turtle in the octagon now it seems... he has that one overhand shot which bisping has had personal experience with ( circling into his power hand like an idiot) bisping is an intelligent person plus the belts on the line i see him fighting this fight with no emotions like last time and coming in super prepared he will most likely pepper the shit out of hendo for a few rounds then put the stop on him imo , i think there will be some decent value with the bisping tko/ko prop since hendo is known for his chin and bisping isnt known for koing people but over 5 rounds i dont see hendo being able to take all the punishment... that hbomb is a nuclear weapon and can take anybody out but i gotta go with my gut no hedges for this one

gall/cm punk i agree with that he likes to hurt his opponent and sub them out but just from the rumblings im hearing cm is supposedly looking fairly decent on the ground so im hoping he could maybe fend the choke attempt off and gall would just mount and tko him with strikes, this fight is super unpredictable since we dont really know what were getting but ill go with the guy who has had some real experience and fights... we know gall has some power and can throw a decent shot weve seen a few training videos on punk with the worst boxing technique ive seen for any ufc fighter and he has 0 amateur or professional fights... who knows he could come out and surprise but hes not one of those wwe athletes who was a previous ncaa wrestler or known for being a tough guy at all , i dont have much hope in punk for this fight

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Gareth McLellan is getting another UFC fight. That guy is so bad. He just doesn't do anything good and he's facing somewhat of a prospect in Alessio Di Chirico who has a solid wrestling base and his striking is really improving, especially the basics like head movement and footwork. I would love to see this come out under -500

Hugo de Naranja

ill have to check out the props for dodson/lineker.. what props would you even play though hugo ? i could honestly see this fight going 20 different ways dodson is super dynamic could win by literally ko,tko, decisions pretty much anything and lineker can knock you out in any round as well plus if its a main event and 5 rounds that gets even trickier right.. im assuming the lineker tko/ko prop wont have a ton of value either maybe picking the round could have a ton of value if you can hit it

bisping is just the only play for me here i wont even hedge this with the hendo tko/ko hendo is definetly a legend and i give him props for his last win but hes honestly so far past his prime to me im baffled hes even still fighting, the worst matchup possible for him is a guy who picks his shots and stays at range since he is literally a turtle in the octagon now it seems... he has that one overhand shot which bisping has had personal experience with ( circling into his power hand like an idiot) bisping is an intelligent person plus the belts on the line i see him fighting this fight with no emotions like last time and coming in super prepared he will most likely pepper the shit out of hendo for a few rounds then put the stop on him imo , i think there will be some decent value with the bisping tko/ko prop since hendo is known for his chin and bisping isnt known for koing people but over 5 rounds i dont see hendo being able to take all the punishment... that hbomb is a nuclear weapon and can take anybody out but i gotta go with my gut no hedges for this one

gall/cm punk i agree with that he likes to hurt his opponent and sub them out but just from the rumblings im hearing cm is supposedly looking fairly decent on the ground so im hoping he could maybe fend the choke attempt off and gall would just mount and tko him with strikes, this fight is super unpredictable since we dont really know what were getting but ill go with the guy who has had some real experience and fights... we know gall has some power and can throw a decent shot weve seen a few training videos on punk with the worst boxing technique ive seen for any ufc fighter and he has 0 amateur or professional fights... who knows he could come out and surprise but hes not one of those wwe athletes who was a previous ncaa wrestler or known for being a tough guy at all , i dont have much hope in punk for this fight
    I am considering some like:
    Fight to Go Distance (+180)
    Dodson Decision (+326)
    Dodson R4/R5 finishes
    Lineker KO/TKO perhaps

I'll have to see when the full props come out

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Gareth McLellan is getting another UFC fight. That guy is so bad. He just doesn't do anything good and he's facing somewhat of a prospect in Alessio Di Chirico who has a solid wrestling base and his striking is really improving, especially the basics like head movement and footwork. I would love to see this come out under -500
    Di Chirico opens at (-265)

firekillex

Did anybody watch that cm punk feature on YouTube from the UFC the past weekend? It actually showed his simulated fight in the roufous camp and wow this guys ground game is putrid lmao. Gonna have to put a few units on gall ITD I'm not sure if he'll tko or sub cm punk here but I think 90% one of the other happens -230 isn't the greatest odds but I got a good feeling about that one

Hugo de Naranja

Did anybody watch that cm punk feature on YouTube from the UFC the past weekend? It actually showed his simulated fight in the roufous camp and wow this guys ground game is putrid lmao. Gonna have to put a few units on gall ITD I'm not sure if he'll tko or sub cm punk here but I think 90% one of the other happens -230 isn't the greatest odds but I got a good feeling about that one
    Haven't seen it yet, but I'll definitely check it out.

firekillex

Haven't seen it yet, but I'll definitely check it out.
    I'd put here but no clue how to embed videos. Just YouTube UFC it's like a 20-25 minute video on cm, he seems like a cool dude but from the stuff I seen he looks super super low level in skill , and I think Mickey gall is a solid prospect for the future this could be a tough night for cm punk

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Di Chirico opens at (-265)

down to -200 basically now. Amazing. An awful old South African fighting a rising young prospect who has solid wrestling and has shown striking improvement in the past

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    down to -200 basically now. Amazing. An awful old South African fighting a rising young prospect who has solid wrestling and has shown striking improvement in the past
    Yeah I like Di Chirico as well. I thought he won his debut but Bojan "The Judge's Favorite" Velickovic got another robbery decision in his favor. I even bet Velickovic in that fight and I think the got the robbery.

Hugo de Naranja

"Due to issues with the timing of Ning Guangyou receiving his visaa, Guangyou's bout with Marlon Vera will not take place this Saturday in Vancouver."
    -UFC.com

For whatever reason the forum was censoring visaa when I spelled it right

Hugo de Naranja

Anyone have thoughts on Latifi vs. Bader?

First ... 3456789 ... Last