THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Caceres vs. Rodriguez (August 06, 2016)

FOX Sports 1, 10:00 p.m. ET
    Alex Caceres vs Yair Rodriguez
    Dennis Bermudez vs Rony Jason
    Chris Camozzi vs Thales Leites
    Zak Cummings vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
    Joseph Gigliotti vs Trevor Smith
    Justine Kish vs Maryna Moroz

FOX Sports 1, 8:00 p.m. ET
    Court McGee vs Dominique Steele
    Viktor Pesta vs Marcin Tybura
    Jason Novelli vs David Teymur
    Horacio Gutierrez vs Teruto Ishihara

UFC Fight Pass 6:30 p.m. ET
    Tatsuya Kawajiri vs Cub Swanson
    Justin Ledet vs Chase Sherman

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Why is Cub on the prelims?

THE_LOCKSMITH

they are trying to put better fights on the FightPass portion of the cards now

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

SLEEPER CARDS IMO>.......great fights....tough to call somewhat overall....Yair easy call...like gente BO-A
    as well

THE_LOCKSMITH

next...

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dennis Bermudez -205 steal
    this will give back some money from 201, I think he absolutely destroys Jason...

bermudez is a legitimate top 5-7 talent at 145 , great wrestling , super tough and huge power basically a slight lesser version of chad mendes imo, rony Jason is nothing special , any thoughts ??

firekillex

Also looking at the rest, I think Thales leites can have some value, got beat his last fight and really needs a win , his striking has vastly improved I think he's better then camozzi on the feet or ground

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Cub is a lock. Prolly be my only play. Taking a little break til 202.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    Cub is a lock. Prolly be my only play. Taking a little break til 202.
    Cub should win but kawajiri is a good wrestler in a 3 round fight he could get smothered for 2
    imo Bermudez the biggest lock here for the money , he'll completely rag doll Jason only way he loses by slick submission but I think he should cruise here Jason isn't at the level of competition Bermudez is at

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Why is Cub on the prelims?
    It's kind of a compliment to be on Fight Pass these days. The UFC is picking popular fighters to fight on Fight Oass hoping they will get more memberships at $10/month.

CaptChaos145

I think this card will be prop bet heaven.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Really like the U 2.5 in the Yair fight, I can see him putting Caceras away early.
    Points Awarded:

BELM0NT gave HurlSweatPants 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Really like the U 2.5 in the Yair fight, I can see him putting Caceras away early.
    U 2 1/2 is -105
    Yair ITD is -131

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

May just wait until josh knows tweets his losers, and fade. No way he's passing any fights after his performance last 3 cards. The hole is so deep you could fit a dozen juiced Brock Lesnars in it.

Ty$

I personally think Bruce Leroy has a decent chance. More of a chance than I thought Ellenberger did. +250? Prolly that and Cub my only plays that card.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    I personally think Bruce Leroy has a decent chance. More of a chance than I thought Ellenberger did. +250? Prolly that and Cub my only plays that card.
    I have a few units on him for value. Don't think Yair is established enough to lay (-300) on and Caceres did look good in his last fight.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I'm going to this fight. Glad finally an event in utah so i can go yo it. Anyone else going?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

So this event got next!!!! Alrighty then!!!

Actually liking mostly all the favorites on this card while glancing it over.. Gonna be alot of prop and parlay play with this card as I can tell already..

Kinda liking Chris Camozzi as a dog play at +170, maybe Dominique Steel as well???

Camozzi has been working hard and improving fight to fight, has the granite chin, he's decent standing, ground is improving also, TD defense getting better.. He's quietly on a 3 fight win streak.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Camozzi-17224

Thales on the flip side lost 2 in row now and is slipping a bit.. Getting beat up standing by guys like Bisping and Mousasi and fading late in those fights.

Thales will have the speed advantage in this fight early on though against Canozzi...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-01-16 at 02:04 PM.

firekillex

Imo leites won the bisping fight , and Gegard is a top 5 talent not comparable to camozzi . Camozzi is tough but would need to be +200 for me to take a stab at him, he's not to great at anything , don't really see where he can beat leites unless he grinds him out for 3 rounds on the cage and makes it ugly, since leites return to the UFC his stand up has looked vastly improved to he impressed me with his last few fights on the feet , even getting a split against bisping in a fight mainly contested on the feet for a ground fighter is super impressive tbh
    Last edited by firekillex; 08-01-16 at 02:04 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Maybe you are right Fire..

Just thinking over these fights now and looking for potential dog plays..

CANozzi is tough call but like I said he seems to be improving and getting better as a fighter....

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

CANozzi is tough call but like I said he seems to be improving and getting better as a fighter....

ya it's hard to gauge since he usually fights middling / average guys , the only top guy really has been jacare but jacare is just on a different level so losing to him doesn't make me think he sucks. Camozzi is a definetely a tough dude and can always be a live dog, just would need a bit more juice here to roll with him imo. I think the over prop could be solid though I see this going to a decision

Ty$

So this event got next!!!! Alrighty then!!!

Actually liking mostly all the favorites on this card while glancing it over.. Gonna be alot of prop and parlay play with this card as I can tell already..

Kinda liking Chris Camozzi as a dog play at +170, maybe Dominique Steel as well???

Camozzi has been working hard and improving fight to fight, has the granite chin, he's decent standing, ground is improving also, TD defense getting better.. He's quietly on a 3 fight win streak.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Camozzi-17224

Thales on the flip side lost 2 in row now and is slipping a bit.. Getting beat up standing by guys like Bisping and Mousasi and fading late in those fights.

Thales will have the speed advantage in this fight early on though against Canozzi...

Camozzi has better striking IMO and TD defense good enough to squeak out a DEC. See Thales winging those shots???? Pretty wide opened and telegraphed. I like Cummings too as a dog also Caceras. The Mexican only has 5 fights. I can't bet that.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Im behind you here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

firekillex

I think leites has better striking mainly because of his kicks, comparing leites throwing a looping combo against bisping who's a top striker in the division over camozzi landing a combo on a washed up joe Riggs isn't really relevant to me , if leites fought any of the guys who camozzi beat he'd most likely mop the floor with them.. Leites has beat some tough competition and he does it regularly , camozzi has one quality opponent that he's beat his last fight .. He has better wrestling and
    toughness then leites slight edge standup and big advantage grappling imo, still leites doesn't always show up and camozzi is a dog so wouldn't go anything big on him maybe small play then put in a parlay that's about it

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fi...ez_vs._Caceres

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't trust Bruce Lee Roy.. He's just not that good.. I just can't find it in myself to bet on that guy..

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I don't trust Bruce Lee Roy.. He's just not that good.. I just can't find it in myself to bet on that guy..

Main event seems like a prop-or-pass type fight. It's not worth laying (-300) on Yair

firekillex

bruce leeroy is terrible lol, hes basically a poor mans yair if you think about it...
    -300 definitely a no play though, throw yair in some parlays or +400 sub , caceres has been subbed 5 times he could get rocked and subbed here , safest bet imo would be yair inside the distance -132 though ill be on that most likely, 5 rounds i dont see caceres lasting through yairs aggressiveness

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    bruce leeroy is terrible lol, hes basically a poor mans yair if you think about it...
    -300 definitely a no play though, throw yair in some parlays or +400 sub , caceres has been subbed 5 times he could get rocked and subbed here , safest bet imo would be yair inside the distance -132 though ill be on that most likely, 5 rounds i dont see caceres lasting through yairs aggressiveness
    Isnt both daniel hooker and andre fili better than cecares?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Isnt both daniel hooker and andre fili better than cecares?
    Are you asking because yair beat them both? They're all different styles, but I'd say fili is definitely better then caceres Imo, him and hooker would have a solid fight .. I just don't see yair losing this one -300 way to much though , -132 seems fair for a finish especially in a 5 rounder out of caceres 8 losses he's been finished in 6 of them and yair is a great finisher for the division

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

ITD prop is the best bet.. I agree being that it's a 5 rounder.. Good eye fellas I'm in!!!

$262.00 $200.00 Pending 8/6/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1009 Rodriguez wins inside distance -131* vs Not Rodriguez inside distance

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-02-16 at 11:01 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Justin Ledet

News
    - Welcome to the UFC, Sherman & Ledet

- EP- 20 - Combat Sports Coverage Interview with Justin Ledet talking about his upcoming UFC debut fight, His Pro Boxing career, Scary Movie's and much more!

- Justin Ledet vs Brice Ritani-Coe (Legacy FC 55, 2016.05.13) just the highlights @ 3:16 Ritani-Coe vs. Ledet ruled “no contest” due to eye poke

- Interview with Justin Ledet prior to Legacy 55

- Justin Ledet vs Jordan Clissold (IXFA 8, 2012.07.07) fight starts @ 9:07 min.

- Justin Ledet vs Ike Villanueva (Immortal Kombat 2, 2012.01.28) no sound.

- Justin Ledet vs Lex Pappas (IXFA Extreme Fighting, 2011.04.22) fight starts @ 8:26 min.

Not much MMA film material for Ledet so a few boxing vids 5-0-0 record.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/579718

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA MANIA -

UFC Fight Night 92 predictions: 'Rodriguez vs Caceres' Fight Pass 'Prelims' undercard preview, Pt. 1

145 lbs.: Cub Swanson vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri

Following one-sided stoppage losses to Frankie Edgar and Max Holloway, the year-long hiatus for Cub Swanson (22-7) ended as he stepped into the cage against durable Nova Uniao grinder Hacran Dias. The fight saw something of a return to form for the Jackson Wink MMA Academy-trained product, who dropped Dias twice on the way to a unanimous decision win.

He has knocked out eight opponents and submitted another seven.
    Solid wins over Dennis Siver and Jason Knight set up a clash between Tatsuya Kawajiri (35-9-2) and fellow wrestling powerhouse Dennis Bermudez. Kawajri struggled to bring "The Menace" to the mat and ultimately lost a decision after being sprawled-and-brawled by his younger foe.

"Crusher" has been competing in mixed martial arts (MMA) for more than 16 years.
    Five years ago, when Kawajiri was first dropping to Featherweight and still had some confidence in his punching, I’d have picked him in a heartbeat. Swanson has historically struggled with powerful top games and his off-the-wall striking attack has a bad habit of leaving him open for takedowns.
    Right now, though? Swanson’s got this.
    Kawajiri’s biggest issue is that -- while he’s absurdly strong and has good takedown technique -- he doesn’t set up his shots well. Whether this is a product of his time fighting in a ring or simply wear-and-tear, he has issues getting in on people’s hips without a monumental struggle. Swanson’s powerful uppercuts and ability to deal damage in transition ought to be too much for the current iteration of Kawajiri. I’m rooting for "Crusher," but I think he succumbs to his foe’s power punching.
    Prediction: Swanson by first-round technical knockout

265 lbs.: Justin Ledet vs. Chase Sherman

Following five stoppage wins in his first five fights, Justin Ledet (6-0) made the move to boxing, ultimately amassing a perfect (5-0) record with two knockouts. More than 3.5 years later, he returned to the cage with a first-round submission and was last seen accidentally poking Brice Ritani-Coe in the eye under the Legacy Fighting Championship banner.

He has submitted four opponents and knocked out another two.
    Chase Sherman (9-1) -- a protege of Octagon veteran Alan Belcher -- took out his first five opponents before suffering a stoppage loss to current Light Heavyweight Alex Nicholson. He’s since won four straight, each of them via knockout and each in less than two minutes.
    All of his wins have come by first-round knockout.
    There’s no recent footage of Ledet and I wasn’t super impressed with what I saw of Sherman, leaving me in something of a pickle. Worse, both of their most recent fights ended with an early accident, Ledet’s with the aforementioned eye poke and Sherman’s with a freak leg injury to his opponent.
    What little I saw of Ledet’s striking looked better than Sherman’s, as I’m not convinced the latter knows what a hook is, and the fact that Sherman’s never gone past the first round is as much a red flag as it is an accomplishment. I say Ledet handles himself on the feet before eventually submitting a fading Sherman late in the second.
    Prediction: Ledet via second-round submission

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

More props just came out...

Sat 8/6
    1039 Rodriguez wins by submission +420
    11:59PM 1040 Any other result -650
    Sat 8/6 1041 Rodriguez wins by TKO/KO +170
    11:59PM 1042 Any other result -230

1234 ... Last