Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I hit everything I bet and fight tonight except for the 1st 2 fights and Holy Holm.. A very good night regardless.. Makes up for my last weekend disaster.. I'm very pleased with this event and how it played out..

On to the next event fellas!!!
    Back on the winning track!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by ufcfan2016 View Post
    lol she clearly lost,
    She did clearly lose, but I thought the UFC might have paid off the judges or influenced them to favor Holly especially on prime time Fox.. Would have been great for business and future sales in the Rousey or Meisha Tate rematch... After all she was the one to knock out Rhonda Rousey..

Hey but new ownership now and maybe we get legit judging for a time.. No payoffs or judging influencing perhaps.. Time will tell... The judging was very solid tonight I thought...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I misplayed this card so badly, surprised I came out ahead.

7/11

Should've done better. :/

A win is a win.. Much better then losing money.. Good work Sanity..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Terrible start to the night but finished strong for another winning event!

Fight #2: Knight vs. Alers
    Jason Knight (+190) +1.9u
    Fight: +1.9u
    Card: +1.9u

Fight #4: Prazeres vs. Cottrell
    Under 2.5 Rounds (+200) -1u
    Cottrell ITD (+860) -.5u
    Fight: -1.5u
    Card: +.4u

Fight #5: Usman vs. Yakovlev
    Alexander Yakovlev (+185) -.5u
    Alexander Yakovlev (+215) -1u
    Fight: -1.5u
    Card: -1.1u

Fight #6: Elkins vs. Pepey
    Godofredo Pepey ITD (+325) -1.25u
    Godofredo Pepey Round 1 (+500) -.5u
    Fight: -1.725u
    Card: -2.825u

Fight #7: Saenz vs. Wineland
    Frankie Saenz (-160) -3.2u
    Frankie Saenz -3.5 (+190) -.5u
    Fight: -3.7u
    Card: -6.525u

Fight #9: Ngannou vs. Mihajlovic
    Francis Ngannou Round 2 (+525) -.5u
    Francis Ngannou Submission (+585) -.5u
    Fight: -1u
    Card: -7.525u

Fight #10: Barboza vs. Melendez
    Edson Barboza Decision (+125) +1.25u
    Edson Barboza Decision (+148) +2.22u
    Gilbert Melendez Scorecards = NA (+233) 2u -> CANCELLED
    Gilbert Melendez KO/TKO (+980) -.5u
    Fight: +2.97u
    Night: -4.555u

Fight #11: Holm vs. Shevchenko
    Valentina Shevchenko (+290) +2.9u
    Valentina Shevchenko (+350) +7u
    Valentina Shevchenko KO/TKO (+1125) -.5u
    Holm/Shevchenko Draw (+16500) -.2u
    Fight: +9.2u
    Night: +4.645u
    Hugo representing as usual!!!! Good work tonight!!

Hugo de Naranja

Liking Tyron Woodley against Ruthless Robbie at those odds next week.. Too much speed and superior wrestling..

Threw a nickel down on that biiitch just on 5d...

$500.00 $925.00 Pending 7/30/16 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1001 Tyron Woodley +185* vs Robbie Lawler
    I think Woodley is live early and potentially by decision but he has major cardio issues and Lawler is very tough to finish.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Another wonderful ufc main event where one person chases the other fighter and the other fighter throws five counter punches a round and wins the fight. To me this is brutal to watch. If holly doesn't chase her there is no fight. Melendez should have used the same game plan. Heck everyone should. Something has to be done about this for the entertainment value at least. Start giving the fighter who is the only one forcing the fight a round for octagon control and maybe it will force the other fighter to fight. Just my opinion

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Shows how much of a warrior Melendez is , hopefully they give him a winnable fight next maybe Lauzon/Miller winner or something a bit lower ranked they giving him straight killers

not sure what's next for barbosa , his teammate is Eddie Alvarez who says he wants the mcgregor / Diaz winner, Ferguson is on a huge streak but his last fight was against a nobody, same goes for Khabib lightweight is way to deep jeeze

edit lets do Eddie vs mcgregor /Diaz winner hopefully Diaz so mcgregor fights aldo

khabib vs Ferguson long awaited match
    barbosa vs RDA
    Barboza vs. RDA would be great

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I hit everything I bet and fight tonight except for the 1st 2 fights and Holy Holm.. A very good night regardless.. Makes up for my last weekend disaster.. I'm very pleased with this event and how it played out..

Right on! At least someone's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Another wonderful ufc main event where one person chases the other fighter and the other fighter throws five counter punches a round and wins the fight. To me this is brutal to watch. If holly doesn't chase her there is no fight. Melendez should have used the same game plan. Heck everyone should. Something has to be done about this for the entertainment value at least. Start giving the fighter who is the only one forcing the fight a round for octagon control and maybe it will force the other fighter to fight. Just my opinion
    There are tons of exciting fighters coming up.

Things will get better.

You're right though it would be nice if ppl employed more strategy kind of like how Aldo did when he fought Frankie Edgar.

If there's a minute left on the clock and they're losing the round, its a good time to go for broke. If they get taken down with 30 seconds to a minute on the clock, far less chance of being finished than being taken down early in a round. Little things like that could make a big difference.

But in cases like the Godofredo Pepey fight where Pepey repeatedly pulled guard and could have given up at least 1 round that way, then kneed his opponent in the head when he was down. Fighter IQ could have some potential to improve.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-23-16 at 10:26 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Did you watch film on Smolyakov? This bet of you was same mistake like Lopez vs Yahya. Sure Smolyakov had a nice record with impressive finishes. But he faced nobodies and this was his debut. + We had no clue about his gastank since his fights ended quick. I've gathered a few fight videos. I could see his weaknesses even in his dominant victories. Not the most athletic fighter. + he opened as favourite. + he does not know what losing is while Henrique comes of a loss, bounce back factor.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Sykes

Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Well Holly does seem to be losing her thunder alot lately. I had a gut feeling this would end by points but I had it Holly. Thought she would cruise to a dec. victory. Tina looked pretty sharp and, as expected, grindy. Alotta hopping and poking which was enough to get it done.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Well Holly does seem to be losing her thunder alot lately. I had a gut feeling this would end by points but I had it Holly. Thought she would cruise to a dec. victory. Tina looked pretty sharp and, as expected, grindy. Alotta hopping and poking which was enough to get it done.
    A lot of hopping and poking? Right, those 40 landed clean left and right hooks when holm come into valentinas range, you cal "poking and hopping. Lets call usain bolt slow and derrick lewis thin...i dont know im just using my own language.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You have to open a counter puncher up, you do that by feinting, Holly looked lost in there.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Right on! At least someone's doing well.

You're right though it would be nice if ppl employed more strategy kind of like how Aldo did when he fought Frankie Edgar.

My goodness that was a terrible fight. It was exactly like the fight last night. Chase me around all night and i will find an opening when u throw a punch. This style is almost as brutal to watch as watching someone like Roy Nelson laying on a guy doing nothing for two rounds. By the way guys have won those type of fights all the time now Roy Does it and he loses lol. Consistent judging we have in the ufc. Carmont was famous for these wins but now Roy does it and loses. You can't make this shit up.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 07-24-16 at 09:25 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

My goodness that was a terrible fight. It was exactly like the fight last night. Chase me around all night and i will find an opening when u throw a punch. This style is almost as brutal to watch as watching someone like Roy Nelson laying on a guy doing nothing for two rounds. By the way guys have won those type of fights all the time now Roy Does it and he loses lol. Consistent judging we have in the ufc. Carmont was famous for these wins but now Roy does it and loses. You can't make this shit up.
    Horribly boring fight to watch.. Was thinking that myself while watching..

Not Holly Holms fault entirely as she was the one pressing at times.. Fans want to see female fighters going for it, trying to finish, slugging it out, these 2 chicks last night were playing patty cake... That was a main event fight on Fox prime as well..

Meisha Tate, Cat Zingano, Rhonda Rousey and others don't fight like this....

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    A lot of hopping and poking? Right, those 40 landed clean left and right hooks when holm come into valentinas range, you cal "poking and hopping. Lets call usain bolt slow and derrick lewis thin...i dont know im just using my own language.
    Come on, Holly was completely unfazed by them. She was scoring points. Yes she landed those but Holly wasnt in danger of going out.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Come on, Holly was completely unfazed by them. She was scoring points. Yes she landed those but Holly wasnt in danger of going out.
    I thought they should matter a little bit more. They hit clean, but she appeared unfaced except her face did look a bit messed up after the fight, compared to valentina, so ill guess they at least inflicted some superficial cuts. I seriously waited for the KO, but it never came.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yessir.....whiffed on holm too but cashed everything else...lot of -200 cashing...
    Back on the winning track!

PaperTrail07

I mean holm clearly lost lol....no argument at all

PaperTrail07

10000% what I was thinking.....weak chin and he gasses like a V12....lol....5 rounder give me lawler all fuckn day...WARRIOR man....I don't doubt his ass anymore lol
    I think Woodley is live early and potentially by decision but he has major cardio issues and Lawler is very tough to finish.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    10000% what I was thinking.....weak chin and he gasses like a V12....lol....5 rounder give me lawler all fuckn day...WARRIOR man....I don't doubt his ass anymore lol
    Yeah Lawler (-230/225/210) closes a bunch of parlays for me, so he's one of my biggest plays ever. Let's get it!

bjpenn85

But Woodley didnt gass in his last fight with gastelum. 18 month has passed and i find it unlikely that he hasnt addressed som of his olds issues, knowing for a long time that he needed to go 25 minutes. 25 minutes is still a very long time though.. but i think we need to consider some positive changes within that span. Hard to evaluate without data, but i predict that hes going to look good early, maybe even for three rounds. But, can lawler loose a dec to Woodley, in a 5 rounds fight? I just cant see it, even with the potentially new improvements.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol gilbert is step slower and that's a bad news for his left leg. just can't move fast enough to avoid that kick. how many times did he get hit? yikes.
    I watched Edson come up in the regional circuit. I've watched hundreds of fights live cage side at regional shows. Barboza's kicks are by far the most devastating I have ever seen and there isn't even a close second. They are lightning fast. You can't even see the kick. You just hear a crack. That's why Rogan always comments on Edson's leg kicks. Watching on TV is 1 thing - watching live up close is a whole different perspective.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    You know Ferg already smoked him right? That's the fight that had me change my mind bout this fight.
    Yeah but Ferguson is a savage and Melendez is just tough. You need a pressure fighter that don't mind taking punishment to beat Barbosa.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Part deux. I think Barbosa looks like a totally different fighter at this point though. Really, anyone he fights in front of him would be fun to watch, now that I think about it maybe RDA before Cucuy.
    Barbosa looks the same as always. He may have cleaned some stuff up but he only loses to guys that pressure him or clip him. His chin always worries me though.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- After UFC on FOX 20, MMA Fighitng's Ariel Helwani and Luke Thomas break down top storylines

- At UFC on FOX 20, Valentina Shevchenko defeated Holly Holm by unanimous decision. We break down how she did it plus take a look at Edson Barboza over Gilbert Melendez, Bellator 159's upset of Joe Taimanglo over Darrion Caldwell and more. This is the Monday Morning Analyst with Luke Thomas.

- John Ramdeen, John Pollock and Robin Black recap UFC Fight Night Chicago: Valentina Shevchenko takes a decision over Holly Holm; Julianna Pena seeming to be next in line vs. Amanda Nunes for the women's bantamweight title, Edson Barboza picks apart Gilbert Melendez and more on Fight News Now.

- John Ramdeen and Robin Black recap the main event of UFC Fight Night Chicago where Valentina Shevchenko took a decision over former women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm, Edson Barboza out-struck former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez and former WEC bantamweight champion Eddie Wineland stopping Frankie Saenz on 5 Rounds.

- Watch highlights of Eddie Wineland's victory (punches) over Frankie Saenz at UFC Fight Night.

Last edited by Thrilla; 07-26-16 at 02:44 PM.

PaperTrail07

Agree to a point...favor octagon control a little more.....

PaperTrail07

and they come out of nowhere.....guy is a top talent....don't know how people fail to see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I watched Edson come up in the regional circuit. I've watched hundreds of fights live cage side at regional shows. Barboza's kicks are by far the most devastating I have ever seen and there isn't even a close second. They are lightning fast. You can't even see the kick. You just hear a crack. That's why Rogan always comments on Edson's leg kicks. Watching on TV is 1 thing - watching live up close is a whole different perspective.

bjpenn85

If Holm stopped chasing, maybe shevschenko had pressured her, and the fight would have been even more loopsided. I think one should continue to give the rightful winner points for winning the round. Theres entertaining fight and some not so entertaining, we need to accept that. We shouldnt accept stalling, fence grapping, eye pokes, bad judging etc. But interfere with strikers fightstyles?

For white trash hillbillies expecting everyone to fight like matt brown, you always have womens soccer or javelin?

First ... 9101112