KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Mark Hunt -185 Does UFC Pay Mark Hunt to under-perform? (vs. Brock Lesnar)

If Mark Hunt takes this fight seriously and actually takes his time to prepare he should win this.

Brock can't KO Mark Hunt. - 0% his standup is no good.. maybe it's decent in the gym but on fight night, can't take a punch.
    Brock probably can't fight for 15 minutes unless he's laying on top of Hunt the whole time. -10%
    Brock could possibly Submit Hunt. 25%

Hunt could definitely KO Brock. 40%
    Hunt could catch Brock and Submit him. 15%
    Hunt could out work Brock and avoid his takedowns. 10%

Brock 35% chance to win this fight.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

-185 = 64.91% chance of victory

xagonzx
    xagonzx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

Does UFC Pay Mark Hunt to under-perform?

Nope

firekillex

I'm giving hunt 60-70% chance maximum to win , we'll need to see pictures of Brock and line changes to even be interested , I thought hunt was at -110 I was gonna go huge on him sucks the lines this high , don't really see any value on either guy if line stays idle . Either way would be a sick fight to watch as a fan, if Brock gets up to a big underdog plus he looks huge since he wasn't tested I might put something small on him since it's a 3 rounder he could wrastlefuck him but I still don't see this ending well for Brock haha hopefully the wwe fans put a bunch of $ on Brock so the hunt line drops -150 under I'm with hunt

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

They don't need him to under perform, this is a one-off fight deal for Lesner.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

If Brock gets the TD he will win. His top game is brutal and Mark is not great on the ground. This could get ugly for Mark unless he catches Brock on the feet. I think Brock starts off with a blast double, gets it, and works Mark over.
    Points Awarded:

Ultimatemeatball gave CaptChaos145 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    If Brock gets the TD he will win. His top game is brutal and Mark is not great on the ground. This could get ugly for Mark unless he catches Brock on the feet. I think Brock starts off with a blast double, gets it, and works Mark over.
    I predict this as well. Miri doesn't see that happening.

KushMoney

yeah, exactly. I rounded up .09%

Brock 35%
    Hunt 65%

this is what gets me though. Doesn't UFC Really REALLY want Brock to Win? At first it may seem so, he's a huge draw and people want to watch him fight again coming off a win. The UFC can promote him again... but at the same time they had to go and make the easiest fight they could for Brock Lesnar. I feel as if they are gambling on Lesnar, but at the same time, it's a no-lose situation they're gonna make a shit load of money off UFC 200.

I feel as if the oddsmakers made this line very ugly, almost unplayable on purpose.

Honestly, since Mark Hunt is pretty fat, he might not be able to finish Brock Lesnar later on in the fight if he has to spend time on his back vs. a decent, much heavier grappler in Lesnar and may wilt.

At the same time this is nothing new to Mark Hunt in fact, overall I'd say he's much more well-rounded and incredibly tougher than Brock Lesnar.

like, If there was a scale of 1-100 on fighters toughness and ability to take a punch Mark Hunt is around an 80-85 Brock Lesnar is around 60-65.
    Last edited by KushMoney; 06-10-16 at 03:16 PM.

KushMoney

merged
    Last edited by KushMoney; 06-10-16 at 03:15 PM.

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatemeatball View Post
    I predict this as well. Miri doesn't see that happening.
    I'm making myself believe Brock can do it for that extra juice... And with how the dogs are winning it might as well ...

firekillex

Hunt actually has got on cardio for a fat guy , he's not even fat he's just a big samoan with thick bones, his toughness is literally top 5 in the ufc , one of the best Chins in mma history, Brock's is suspect to say the least if hunt connects once clean it's over.. I wanna see how the line goes right now it's a no play , if the Brock line goes up more with all that said I'd take him as a live dog , just seen a interview with him dude looks bigger then I've seen in his ufc career, 90% chance he was juicing hard before this so he could definitely lay and pray hunt for 3 rounds or possibly sub him ontop . I'd lean hunt definitely but the line isn't great value yet so we'll see how it goes up to the fight , I could see either guy winning though but hunt definitely has the most paths to victory

KushMoney

Just saw an interview with Mark Hunt on UFC 200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJFzYGCPM08

"I think he's juiced to the gills."

Mark Hunt wants to go in there and KO Brock.

He feels that Brock has been juicing and isn't happy with the way the UFC is handling drug testing on Brock.

"It still doesn't stop him from getting Knock out, I mean, Frank Mir was juicing and he got knocked out so, same thing with Brock Lesnar's gonna happen you know"

KushMoney

Also, he's annoyed so much with the way the UFC is handling Lesnar's testing he doesn't want to cut down to make weight. Hahaha

Feels it's fair, he's just voicing his opinion.

SO just for who don't know Mark Hunt walks around at 290+lbs. and has to cut to 265 for this fight.

Knowing that he's unmotivated to cut the weight needed to compete is mildly important. Gotta take that into account.
    Last edited by KushMoney; 06-11-16 at 04:01 PM.

firekillex

Honestly I think the weight cut is fairly easy I remember in one of his recent fights he had to cut 20 in like 1-2 weeks and he won that fight so , Brock looks huge to I think he's gonna definitely have to cut some weight

plus i think hes more pissed off at the ufc for letting brock do that, so hell want to knock him out even worse
    hunt performs when the chips are down, the ufc offered to pay this guys contract out so he wouldnt fight thats how much they didnt want him and look what he did.. made a name for himself and fought for the interm title
    Last edited by firekillex; 06-11-16 at 04:19 PM.

Snoman
    Snoman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

They should just say penetrate it and openly say Lesnars on the juice and hunt doesn't have to cut if he doesn't want to. Eliminate all the bullshit but no way they have the balls to actually do this.

KushMoney

I might just take the Under prop on this fight.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Not saying it's not possible, and i bet Hunt -150. But absolutely if Brock get's a takedown, Hunto will be in trouble. But i said in the other thread, Brock hasn't been thinking about MMA for 5 years, and is likely going to have a tops 2-3 month camp for this. This is not a Cruz scenario where he's been out, but hungry and constantly thinking about it. I doubt his mind or hearth will be truly in it.
    Hunt will want to smash his face in after the words between them, and Hunt is a great first layer takedown defender. Brock is mostly likely just going to try and run through him with a double, and not chain wrestle all that much, which has been Hunts problem, takedown wise. This is also a 38 year old Brock were talking about, with countless wrestling injuries and likely still missing half his stomach.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave mirinquads 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KushMoney

It's really tough to judge what Brock's gameplan will be because neither of them are 100% viable against a fighter like Mark Hunt. (Short, Tough, Strong, Striker) .

IMO his best chance of winning is to find a way to smother Hunt against the cage, pick him up and take him down, try to make it into how Lesnar vs. Mir 2 went and simply not get punched in his chin during that process.

Brock is strong as fukk he can work the fence and bring Hunt down quite easily, he just cannot let himself get punched in the face at all...

Pretty sure Mark Hunt will put his hands on Lesnar.. and it's how the saying goes "everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth."

I want to bet on this fight but it's tough to find a good spot. Fan of both fighters.

Still considering Under Prop

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

^^ Miri dropping logic in that above post.. My thoughts exactly.. All in on Hunt by KO round 1..

Besides that Hunt actually has shown in recent fights that he can scramble back up when fresh once taken down as shown in the fight against Roy Nelson.. I see Lesnar bum rushing and gassing trying to take down Hunt, he might get him down early but I'm not convinced he can keep him there when Hunt is fresh...

Once Lesnar starts failing on take down attempts that when Mark Hunt puts him down with a few strong punches... Probably the end of the 1st round..

KushMoney

SO I was listening to Chael Sonnen talk about this fight. He brought a up a good point and question:

"How long has Brock known about this fight?"

Seriously, now did Brock find out he was fighting Mark Hunt shortly before we all did or has he known about this matchup for weeks, potentially months?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOm6ki_cNWM

13:16 is where he starts talking about this fight.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Hunt actually has got on cardio for a fat guy , he's not even fat he's just a big samoan with thick bones, his toughness is literally top 5 in the ufc , one of the best Chins in mma history,
    The guy got Knocked out by a 5'9 midget Manhoef and Crocoped by JDS who's purely a boxer. Stop with this best chin in MMA myth. He's tough but stop exaggerating.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    The guy got Knocked out by a 5'9 midget Manhoef and Crocoped by JDS who's purely a boxer. Stop with this best chin in MMA myth. He's tough but stop exaggerating.

this may be the stupidest/ none mma fan comment I've ever seen on here....
    Literally mark hunt is known for 2 things , his chin and walk off kos
    the 5'9 midget manhoef is a k1 level striker with some of the biggest power in combat sports 30 wins and 28 of them by knockout usually means you have a little knockout power buddy then junior dos Santos is one of the best Ko artists in the ufc he hit him with a spinning wheel kick which connects on any human they're going down... How about you watch some mma before commenting saying retarded things, go watch hunt get full head kicked by mirko cro cop when he was legitimately murdering people with that head kick he took it clean and kept moving forward which was unheard of..there's not 1 single top heavyweight who hasn't been kod, check overeem been knocked out plenty, Cain Velasquez knocked dead by dos santos, stipe miocic knocked dead by Stefan Struve, Stefan Struve knocked dead by hunt, werdum knocked out by stipe ...when you're 220lbs+ and you get hit you're going to sleep,. The only heavyweights who can take that punishment on a regular basis are Mark hunt and Roy Nelson , hunt was also a k1 champion and has been fighting killers all his career so again give your head a shake and don't post completely false bs again

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

I was with Miri on this one an then something bad happen

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

If Lesnor could just bum rush people why didn't he use that tactic his whole career. Because guys like hunt know how to side step him and clock him

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

brock doesn't have to worry about getting drug tested, UFC waived it. Id be worried about that fact. there was actually a good discussion about it on the fighter and the kid

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    brock doesn't have to worry about getting drug tested, UFC waived it. Id be worried about that fact. there was actually a good discussion about it on the fighter and the kid
    hes still being tested, not sure where everybodys getting this information wrong ( fighter and the kid is great though )
    but brock lesnar was fighting before the USADA came to effect so he doesnt have to be tested for the whole year before camp since he
    just came out of retirement , its a bunch of bs to me dont get me wrong , he probably knew he was going to fight for the past 6+ months and has been training, but just said it came out of the blue so he wouldnt be tested ( seen an interview with him this week his arms look massive )
    but hes still being tested the prior 4 weeks before camp so in essence he could not juice this past month before the fight so he wont be roided out during the fight 100% or hell be busted, the only unethical thing everybodys discussing is that he couldve been juicing and training the past 6 months and been getting all strong and recovering faster, got off the juice and leveled his test back to normal now hell still have some of those advantages leaking into the fight .... its complicated but thats the summary of the situation from what ive read haha

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Last time i checked steroids didnt help being out 5 years and getting afraid to get hit.

firekillex

well technically steroids would help a lot , helps recovery during camp which can be vital, helps strength gains
    and most importantly nobody takes into account it helps aggressiveness/self belief which can play a huge role , if somebody is juiced to the they usually think theyre invincible ( example erick silva ) guy was juiced before obviously and was a super aggressive , threw huge punches and got lots of quality wins / fights, now look at him , soft as dough and super timid in fights now he cant seem to get a win or even an exciting fight

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

well technically steroids would help a lot , helps recovery during camp which can be vital, helps strength gains
    and most importantly nobody takes into account it helps aggressiveness/self belief which can play a huge role , if somebody is juiced to the they usually think theyre invincible ( example erick silva ) guy was juiced before obviously and was a super aggressive , threw huge punches and got lots of quality wins / fights, now look at him , soft as dough and super timid in fights now he cant seem to get a win or even an exciting fight
    Theoretically yes, but not practically in this situation. Brock is afraid for punches, like a deep boring fundamental fear. That wont go away with steroids. If a fighter who already has decent striking juices, he can become more aggressive to the point that it actually matter. Brock at least for four years ago showed basic amateurish striking flaws like turning away from punches. Those types of flaws can never be accounted for with steroids. If you for instance said...cocaine or speed? I would consider it.

firekillex

brock does have a huge reach i think 81 inches as well so he almost has a foot reach on hunt, hell probably come out
    throw a couple jabs or straights and bull rush a double

i honestly like mark hunt hes one of my favourite heavyweights and i think he catches brock in the fight but i need the price to be a bit better on hunt to bet him, brock definitely doesnt like to be hit which you can tell in all of his fights , even the ones he won ( mir comes to mind 2nd fight even though he dominated ) but 3 round fight lesnar could wrastlefck him for 3 rounds and seeing that interview of him looking gigantic didnt help haha

honestly its a no play betting wise right now for me, i think hunt wins but ill have to see if the lines move if it gets even juicier on brock id possibly even roll with him i give it around a 60% chance hunt wins this

lokihayze
    lokihayze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Nailed it bro! Brock acts like he's on them. So does Conor come to mention it. So do the Diaz brothers and bisping Hough 😂 But point well made and taken!

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Hunt could out work Brock and avoid his takedowns. 10%
    Not a chance. Brock is always in crazy good cardio shape. If this fight goes past the 1st round, it's because Brock is grinding the hell out of Hunt.

Only two ways I see this fight ending.

Brock by Dec.
    Hunt by KO.

xagonzx
    xagonzx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Not a chance. Brock is always in crazy good cardio shape. If this fight goes past the 1st round, it's because Brock is grinding the hell out of Hunt.

Only two ways I see this fight ending.

Brock by Dec.
    Hunt by KO.
    I could definitely see a Brock by TKO due to an early stoppage. Cyborg and Leslie Smith comes to mind-- that was an early stoppage to get Cyborg the early TKO in my opinion