MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The UFC Is for Sale

They are in "serious" talks with 4 different parties to sell it for $4 billion. Hell of an investment the Fertittas made.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

Smart- I would get out while I could unless I was just unbelievably loaded. Shit could get unpopular and depreciate

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

4 billion? jesus fukking christ. share it with the fukking fighters for crying out loud. hate the fertittas bros and white. bunch of slave driving mofos. eating lobsters and living the life while most of their fighters barely stay afloat.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    4 billion? jesus fukking christ. share it with the fukking fighters for crying out loud. hate the fertittas bros and white. bunch of slave driving mofos. eating lobsters and living the life while most of their fighters barely stay afloat.
    The Rich get richer.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Now Dana White is saying it's a bunch of bullshit. Says the ESPN story is overblown.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Now Dana White is saying it's a bunch of bullshit. Says the ESPN story is overblown.
    He is trying to raise the sale price.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

this 100%

Bert102
    Bert102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

It's a corporate world now. Corporations rule all. Land of the brave home of corporate sheep followers sadly. Question: can you be free if you HAVE to go to work for the rest of you're life? For a corporation, company, industry....??
    Last edited by Bert102; 05-10-16 at 09:43 PM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

The Fertittas deserve all they can get. They are the ones who took all the risk in buying it. A lot of the fighters make a ton. I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

false rumor

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

The Fertittas deserve all they can get. They are the ones who took all the risk in buying it. A lot of the fighters make a ton. I don't feel sorry for them one bit.
    most fighters don't make shit. you have to take account their coaches, trainers, cutman, travel, meals, etc...

Bert102

most fighters don't make shit. you have to take account their coaches, trainers, cutman, travel, meals, etc...
    99% of fans don't care. Mma has the worst fans by far. Just bleed baby..

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert102 View Post
    99% of fans don't care. Mma has the worst fans by far. Just bleed baby..
    This is the route that the fighters chose. If they feel that they don't make enough, they are free to go do something else.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

It's been a shit product since the the ultimate fighter started up.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Anyone with a pulse saw this coming a mile away. I've been saying it for years. It was obvious what the Fertittas/dana were doing.

Bert102

This is the route that the fighters chose. If they feel that they don't make enough, they are free to go do something else.
    They will never attract those freak athletes. Just average Joe's. John Jones is B level. His brothers were the A level athletes. John would be playing in the NFL with his brothers if was. Old Brock was the exception and only did it for the money they threw at him.

jjgold

It's why a lot of fights are rigged now they're not making enough money so they have to gamble

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Good move to get out. Regulations about to ruin the fight game in the next year or 2

jjgold

White denied it

No story here men

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

hope you never become an employer with that attitude. c'mon man, have some sympathy for your employees. especially these guys will have mental issues later in life with all the concussions they go through in their careers...

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

Can't blame them for selling. They are getting out at a real peak here.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I have a group put together of Mo, Flipper, and myself. Looking to buy. Who do we contact?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    White denied it

No story here men
    Yep, Dana White has never lied in his life.

jjgold

anything that is for sale means sport on the decline

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Can't blame them for selling. They are getting out at a real peak here.
    The peak to me was the late 2000s when everyone was wearing Tapout/Affliction gear and all that dirty-white-people tattoo rock was all the rage.

Since then, they added divisions, lots of fighters, and it saturated the product too much. Plus, defense got better (Kimuras and Triangle Chokes became almost non-existant as a result) and too many fights were going the distance. TUF was actually good because it gave stories to these low-level guys you normally wouldn't care about. But celebs aren't showing up anymore, and the marquis fights keep getting cancelled because somebody gets injured in practice or busted for PEDs.

Even Dana's going to get sick of it after awhile.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    The peak to me was the late 2000s when everyone was wearing Tapout/Affliction gear and all that dirty-white-people tattoo rock was all the rage.

Since then, they added divisions, lots of fighters, and it saturated the product too much. Plus, defense got better (Kimuras and Triangle Chokes became almost non-existant as a result) and too many fights were going the distance. TUF was actually good because it gave stories to these low-level guys you normally wouldn't care about. But celebs aren't showing up anymore, and the marquis fights keep getting cancelled because somebody gets injured in practice or busted for PEDs.

yes and way too many fights weekly

ruined

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Until it happens it's not even worth entertaining the idea. Rumors so far that's it... Boss denied it too..

If it did happen - New UFC ownership might push the UFC to even new heights.. If investors are willing to pay 4 billion I'm sure they will do their very best to keep building up the UFC machine world wide.. UFC and MMA is still a growing sport, probably not a bad investment even for that price..

If I were Dana White and the brothers I'd sell it for 4 billion and sail off into the sunset.. Who needs all the headaches? Fighters canceling fights, diva's like Conor McGregor making demands, etc.. etc..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: spurginobili

jjgold

it is not worth 4 Billion

They will have hard time getting it back

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

Nobody wears tapout/affliction gear anymore ?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

China buying everything.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    I have a group put together of Mo, Flipper, and myself. Looking to buy. Who do we contact?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Why u care if they get paid more money or anyone for that matter? Is it gonna hurt your bottom line that some guy gets more money off a billionaire and can dump it in the economy along with a lot of other families. U assholes who fight so hard for billionaires to keep as much as they can when u make 10 thousand a year make people sick.

Thor4140

Of course u don't u are a water boy for the rich who someday dreams of being a billionaire. The key word in that sentence is "dream".

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    anything that is for sale means sport on the decline
    Yeah especially one that is up for sale for 4 billion. JJ the saying is young and dumb not old and dumb for goodness sakes

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree. Sell this product right now.

It can't get any higher. Probably reached it's peak.

12 Last