plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

He might get a shot yes, but if Lawler is still champ it'll end real bad for him considering Maia's takedowns are pretty shit, and Lawler will just sprawl and brawl until he clips Maia and then he'll pound his head through the mat most likely.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I hope that matchup happens just for betting otherwise many other fighters I'd rather see than maia

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    He might get a shot yes, but if Lawler is still champ it'll end real bad for him considering Maia's takedowns are pretty shit, and Lawler will just sprawl and brawl until he clips Maia and then he'll pound his head through the mat most likely.
    I think he has some of the best take downs in MMA.. He did get a little sloppy with a couple take down attempts early on against Matt Brown but only because he was probably jacked up fighting in his home country..

Maia has some of the best single leg take downs in MMA period.. He's not a wrestler and you won't see him shooting successfully for a double but once Maia gets a leg chances are he can get the take down.. That includes Ruthless Robbie..

I give Maia a chance in that fight.. He can beat anyone on the ground as he's proven that.. He made Gunnar Nelson look like a white belt...

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think he has some of the best take downs in MMA.. He did get a little sloppy with a couple take down attempts early on against Matt Brown but only because he was probably jacked up fighting in his home country..

Maia has some of the best single leg take downs in MMA period.. He's not a wrestler and you won't see him shooting successfully for a double but once Maia gets a leg chances are he can get the take down.. That includes Ruthless Robbie..

I give Maia a chance in that fight.. He can beat anyone on the ground as he's proven that.. He made Gunnar Nelson look like a white belt...
    Look at his fight with Rory. Lawler is worse, and he's shown time and time again that he doesn't have the cardio to stick around for 25 minutes. His takedowns got progressively worse throughout the fight with Brown aswell, it's just that Brown lacked the footwork to keep him away.

Lawler has footwork. And he hits alot harder than Brown does.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Look at his fight with Rory. Lawler is worse, and he's shown time and time again that he doesn't have the cardio to stick around for 25 minutes. His takedowns got progressively worse throughout the fight with Brown aswell, it's just that Brown lacked the footwork to keep him away.

Lawler has footwork. And he hits alot harder than Brown does.
    Does Ruthless Lawler hit harder then Brown? Who has Robbie Lawler knocked out lately?

It took all 5 rounds to finally knock out Rory.. Maia isn't gonna play the stand game and bang it out with Lawler like Rory did.... DM will keep trying for the single, press and close the distance, work up against the cage to get the take down..

Ruthless Robbie Lawler has to get past Tyron Woodley first in UFC 201.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tyron-Woodley-42605

Tyron Woodley I do think would give Maia trouble because of his wrestling, speed and athleticism.. Maia better hope Lawler wins as he's a better match up IMO..

Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva were really the only 2 fighters to expose Maia but Maia has worked harder to grow as an MMA fighter.. Just at age 38 I don't know how much more DM has left.. Father time clock is ticking!!!

plekz

If you even question wether Lawler hits harder than Brown, then you are bordering on being legally retarded. Matt Brown's whole game is the clinch, that's where he excels which is why he made the mistake twice against Maia to try and initiate it.

Lawler has solid boxing, and is very fast in his movements, which is why his sprawl is as explosive as it is, and why Hendricks was having all sorts of trouble when he was shooting on him. He'll peddle around Maia and keep away from the cage wall (that is Maia's main tool to even get any takedowns)

Factor in that Maia's cardio blows and you have a horrible stylistic matchup for him in Robbie Lawler. As for his fight with Woodley i'm not worried that Woodley is going to dethrone Lawler. Tyrone is another guy that lacks the cardio to go 25.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Demian Maia has made 5 rounds 3 times in his career.. His cardio isn't that bad.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Maia-14637

Robbie Lawler showed his power early on in his career.. Lately he's been more technical and doesn't sit down on his punches like he use to.. Robbie Lawler is very good with his boxing though.. Demian Maia doesn't take punches so it doesn't matter as Matt Brown never got off with his strikes as Robbie won't either..

Demain Maia has worked hard on his boxing as well since getting embarrassed against Anderson Silva.. He's no push over standing anymore like some other Brazilian Jits guys..

Lastly Maia is not Johnny Hendricks, Maia is not a wrestling based fighter, his take downs come off the clinch and or singles.... JH never uses his wrestling either anymore as that is a bad comparison..

plekz

He was getting tooled by Rory just a few years ago, so his striking still blows, he still looks stiff as hell when throwing strikes. And those ''three times'' he went 25? Against Silva he would flop to his back and laid on his ass for more than half the fight, you really wanna count that son?

Against LaFlare he was the one dictating the pace, and against Shields he looked pretty ass, eventhough Shields have never been a high pace fighter.

Lawler on the other hand is a high pace fighter, and have shown multiple times he can go 25 and that he still is dangerous (as in that he still carries his power to the later frames)

Rory had no problems avoiding Maia's takedowns as has no one else he's ever fought that have good footwork. And i know Maia isn't Hendricks, i also know that he uses the cage wall for leverage for his takedowns which is why he needs to corner people to get them down ideally. As for JH ''not'' using his wrestling? Hendricks last 4 fights are GSP,Lawler,Lawler & Thompson.

Let's see, he was wrestling with GSP, he wrestled with Lawler in the first fight, he wrestled with Lawler in the 2nd fight and he tried to get Thompson down more than once for as short as that fight lasted.

Stop wasting my time, and talking out of your ass you daft fuk.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Miocic has zero personality

hoping he gets plastered next fight

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Alves losing crushed me---lost this card even hitting winners...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Miocic has zero personality

hoping he gets plastered next fight

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Rory had no problems avoiding Maia's takedowns as has no one else he's ever fought that have good footwork.
    He was laid and prayed for the full first round, and taken down in the third.....

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    tough one

I thought for sure the judges gave it to him when they said unanimous decision

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Was a terrible bet my friend. He did win to be fair, though.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave mirinquads 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He was getting tooled by Rory just a few years ago, so his striking still blows, he still looks stiff as hell when throwing strikes. And those ''three times'' he went 25? Against Silva he would flop to his back and laid on his ass for more than half the fight, you really wanna count that son?

Against LaFlare he was the one dictating the pace, and against Shields he looked pretty ass, eventhough Shields have never been a high pace fighter.

Lawler on the other hand is a high pace fighter, and have shown multiple times he can go 25 and that he still is dangerous (as in that he still carries his power to the later frames)

Rory had no problems avoiding Maia's takedowns as has no one else he's ever fought that have good footwork. And i know Maia isn't Hendricks, i also know that he uses the cage wall for leverage for his takedowns which is why he needs to corner people to get them down ideally. As for JH ''not'' using his wrestling? Hendricks last 4 fights are GSP,Lawler,Lawler & Thompson.

Let's see, he was wrestling with GSP, he wrestled with Lawler in the first fight, he wrestled with Lawler in the 2nd fight and he tried to get Thompson down more than once for as short as that fight lasted.

Stop wasting my time, and talking out of your ass you daft fuk.
    Keep in mind all Maia needs is one take down early on in a round and it's game over for most fighters..

You don't know shit about DM if you discredit his current take down capabilities and or his MMA submission game Plekz, and the only time being wasted is mine not yours posting in reply to your non sense.....

Robbie Lawler will get his back taken just like Matt Brown and Gunnar Nelson did once Maia grabs a leg and gets a take down. I'd say it's better then a 50% chance DM will get a take down against Robbie Lawler.. My money will be on DM in that fight again..

Demain Maia is a cash machine right now.. Usually the odds are reasonable in playing him also, especially by sub.....

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by eligibletackle View Post
    haha, sorry that a changing of the guard has tainted the sport for you.
    That is what ya got out of my post? I bet the old toughman shows had u riveted on the edge of your seat.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

you and me both....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    tough one

I thought for sure the judges gave it to him when they said unanimous decision

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Was a terrible bet my friend. He did win to be fair, though.
    A terrible terrible bet. Its weird how often -500/-600 bets to do not cash when you bet on them. If you go large, they loose so frequently, its madness.

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Out of curiosity, what made you rethink the Lineker play?
    My group does fight prediction pick em's and that was one of the only fights that appeared to be half - half. Everything else was pretty skewed towards one fighter or another.

So...
    The age old adage - don't listen to your friends or anyone else for that matter. Pick em for yourself :P

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Parlay for you guys..

so go to soccer > england

K last day of the season tomorrow, gonna give you a banker.
    Arsenal - wanna finish above spurs
    UTD (man utd) - have to win to get 4th, need city to lose but these have to win no matter wat.
    Spurs (tottenham) have to win to finish above Arsenal, bg deal for these
    Southampton - playing Palace, palace playing utd in the cup final in a week will feild a second team.

Your welcome : )
    Fukin Spurs; Swear to god fuk them. And im not been racist in any way, they call themselves. There nthe Jewish of London and the fuked me fight over. Fukers. I hate Spurs, we alwayas wip em, Liverpool. See you guys for the next one. Euros coming up.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

i won 2.5k off miocic...STALLION!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    i won 2.5k off miocic...STALLION!
    Pay ur brother the money u owe him then

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    We will get it all back tonight and much more!
    Flashback to when Chael called Stipe to beat Werdum with confidence.

First ... 13141516