Almeida -155 risking $2900

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post

This I like
    https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/663228158771113985
    Last edited by Mxs1332; 04-15-16 at 11:05 AM.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Almeida struggles with solid boxing. His fight with Picket at UFC 189 is a great example--he was lucky to win that with a great flying knee.

I took Garbrant at the opener of +180. Might hedge that if line keeps moving his way.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Do not like this play at all. Should be careful here because of Almeidas chin. He gets rocked a lot. Garbrandt is probably as good a boxer as brad pickett as well.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Do not like this play at all. Should be careful here because of Almeidas chin. He gets rocked a lot. Garbrandt is probably as good a boxer as brad pickett as well.
    Cody is far more tentive in his striking then Brad pickett, and more predictable, a brawler is more inclined to get a flash ko on almedia, Cody gives almedia more room to work. Cody could steal some rounds with his wrestling, but the KICK BOXING advantage is huge and in a 5 round fight, Cody gets kod sooner rather than later, he doesn't make the distance.

JoshKnows46

BTW -155 is the lowest you'll get almedia at, make this bet now, similar to pettis which I got at -155, this lines going back up over -200.

JoshKnows46

BTW if yall haven't bet pettis yet, I'd get on him as well at the current number of 175, he's training the takedown off the leg kick, good possibilty, he takes this fight to the ground and gets the sub early in this fight with barboza.

bjpenn85

Cody is far more tentive in his striking then Brad pickett, and more predictable, a brawler is more inclined to get a flash ko on almedia, Cody gives almedia more room to work. Cody could steal some rounds with his wrestling, but the KICK BOXING advantage is huge and in a 5 round fight, Cody gets kod sooner rather than later, he doesn't make the distance.
    Cody is tentative, if it wasnt for that glass chin i would have been on Almeida all day.

JoshKnows46

Cody is tentative, if it wasnt for that glass chin i would have been on Almeida all day.
    I don't believe he has a glass chin, anyone can get caught with a punch, too small of a sample size to claim that, he showed good recovery time even if Cody was to clip him, he doesn't have the killer instincts to finish, kinda rough to claim glass chin for a guy that is mostly a striker, most of his fight minutes standing, and has never been kod in 20 fights, I feel Cody will be frozen and bewildered by almedias striking, he's not the brightest bulb, and he'll be more in his own mind then in the fight, I think your talking yourself out a solid bet bro.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Cody is not evolving. He looks like the same guy as in his amateur days. Thomas is a juggernaut. Like Beneil, he has new wrinkles to his fight game each fight.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Love this pick. I think this is the best value we'll get on Almeida for awhile.

Droz37
    Droz37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

BTW if yall haven't bet pettis yet, I'd get on him as well at the current number of 175, he's training the takedown off the leg kick, good possibilty, he takes this fight to the ground and gets the sub early in this fight with barboza.
    locked in on him a while ago at -150, wasn't a hard decision to make. I had to look again to see if you meant +175! haha

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Droz37 View Post
    locked in on him a while ago at -150, wasn't a hard decision to make. I had to look again to see if you meant +175! haha
    Pettis better everywhere. I think he finishes this one. Sub prop might also have value since Pettis' last two wins and Barboza's most recent loss come via sub

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Pettis better everywhere. I think he finishes this one. Sub prop might also have value since Pettis' last two wins and Barboza's most recent loss come via sub
    I'm concerned we may be seeing a fall from grace w/ Pettis. If things don't go his way early, he's shown an inability to change game plans on the fly. At least this fight should play out solely on the feet.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatemeatball View Post
    I'm concerned we may be seeing a fall from grace w/ Pettis. If things don't go his way early, he's shown an inability to change game plans on the fly. At least this fight should play out solely on the feet.
    On one hand i have always liked pettis, his athleticism, speed, variety of strikes etc. Recently he has been given bad style matchups and therefore not performed up to his potential. But even though the not so favourable matchups given, i dont think he looked particularly as the pettis of old, and barboza looked decent up until ferguson pressured him to tap out. That pressure is not Pettis coming into this fight with. Barboza looked way sharper than pettis even though the style matchup didnt favour him at all. Everyone said oh look at ferguson he will pressure barboza and he cant fight backwards, yes he could, he fought great and he made ferguson bleed. But, ferguson is ferguson, pettis would have lost to him as well. But maybe by dec, so pettis is more of a stable entity. He loses, but only by dec. Barboza si fragile and loses by stoppage. If pettis give barboza room to fight, barboza may win a striking battle if not tagged.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

And probably has a worse chin. I watched Cody get put out in Am., pretty bad. I think he ate a left hook or something in the 3rd it's on YT. Pretty sure not much ppl know about it. But I do this for all of us.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 04-15-16 at 06:07 PM.

JoshKnows46