TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Rory vs Wonderboy?

Realize this fight is a long way out, but is there ANY way possible that Rory can stand and trade with Thompson on the feet? Rory is so awkward striking IMO. I can just see him getting hit out of nowhere like Hendricks did and wondering what the heck is happening. Think it may take a couple rounds to finish him off but Thompson by KO in the 3rd round or so sounds like a real winner

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Wonderboy by KO or ITD will be my main play.. Rory gets caught and dropped at some point most likely.. Wonderboy has some crazy effective striking abilities. Rory has to worry about kicks in this one unlike in his last fight KO loss to the champ... Rory needs to use his wrestling to have a chance in this one I believe..

Odds still aren't out for this fight.. Just looked on 5D no cigar...

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Typical fans overacting to a fighters last fight

Rory has way better striking, striking defense, and footwork than Hendricks. He's not going to just stand there and absorb shots.

Of all the guys at 170, Rory is best suited to beat Wonder Boy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Rory has way better striking, striking defense, and footwork than Hendricks. He's not going to just stand there and absorb shots.
    He did stand there and absorb shots against Ruthless Robbie and got KTFO in his last fight!! Wonderboy has better striking then Lawler. Only way Rory can win this fight is with his take downs and wrestling game. He won't win it with his striking IMO..

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He did stand there and absorb shots against Ruthless Robbie and got KTFO in his last fight!! Wonderboy has better striking then Lawler. Only way Rory can win this fight is with his take downs and wrestling game. He won't win it with his striking IMO..
    well, he got KTFO .. But in the 5th and he was winning the fight (from the judges scorecards atleast)

is Wonderboy a better striker than Ruthless? Not sure to be honest, Im sure ruthless hits harder Tho!

Im not a wonderboy believer just yet. Hendricks didnt look himself in that fight

Oli_Renaud91
    Oli_Renaud91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

It seems like the Hype Train cant be stop for Wonderboy. Public overreacting after his dominant performance against Hendricks.

Rory find redemption. ITD

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Joe Silva, ye fookin animal, ye.

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post
    well, he got KTFO .. But in the 5th and he was winning the fight (from the judges scorecards atleast)

is Wonderboy a better striker than Ruthless? Not sure to be honest, Im sure ruthless hits harder Tho!

Im not a wonderboy believer just yet. Hendricks didnt look himself in that fight
    Lawler and Wonderboy have 2 totally different styles in the stand up.

Hendricks did not "look himself" cause Wonderboy's striking is several levels above Johnny's striking.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Lawler and Wonderboy have 2 totally different styles in the stand up.

Hendricks did not "look himself" cause Wonderboy's striking is several levels above Johnny's striking.
    yep, Hendricks looked better than before physically. He just had no answers for Wonderboy's striking. You don't know if Wonderboy is the better striker lol? Lawler gets outstruck in virtually every fight, he gets by on single shots late in rounds

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    yep, Hendricks looked better than before physically. He just had no answers for Wonderboy's striking. You don't know if Wonderboy is the better striker lol? Lawler gets outstruck in virtually every fight, he gets by on single shots late in rounds
    If Wonderboy can steam roll an in shape JH and take him out with strikes you can bet your ass he'd probably knock out Robbie Lawler standing as well.. I think we are looking at our next UFC champion in Wonderboy.. I believe he knocks out Rory as well..

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Rory -130/ Wonderboy -110

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

mac sub

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wonderboy by KO..

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post

When Rory tries to close the distance Wonderboy is going to hit him with an assortment of incredibly accurate strikes. The dude is zoned in. I like Rory, but if he can't get this to the ground, he's screwed.
    Last edited by Ultimatemeatball; 03-20-16 at 09:44 PM.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

do they both train at tristar?

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Tough match-up to handicap, wonderboy would walk through lawler, but rory will look to take it down, I got wonderboy at +150 and lower, becuase i knew rory would end up the underdog by fight time, i'll just bet rory when he gets to plus odds, and take the freeroll on wonderboy. i banged wonderboy in his three last fights for big money against hendrix, cote, and ellenberger, but i probable wont have much invested in him here...on paper, this is his toughest matchup in the division....maybe i'll see something on film that puts me over the top on one guy over the other, but most likely this will be a no play/freeroll for me.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I think this is his 2nd toughest fight. I think Maia would do this thing with him. I think Wonderboy beats everyone but Maia.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Maia only loses to superior wrestlers with outstanding top control and submission defense.. Maia has worked his striking to effectively get inside and take down strikers these days..

I just wish Maia wasn't getting up in age.. That's the only thing that can slow him down now.. Maia's time clock is running out.. Dana White should give him an immediate title shot.. Instead they throw him to the wolves again in Matt Brown.. Maia probably still beats Matt Brown and gets him to the ground..

Atleast Demian Maia is fighting Matt Brown in Brazil.. That could be a home turf advantage that helps Demian... My money will be on Demian Maia by sub or decision but this will not be an easy fight for him.. Matt Brown brings it standing... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Maia-14637

The odds could be a little off in this fight...

UFC 198 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Arena da Baixada - Curitiba, Brazil - PPV
    Sat 5/14 1201 Matt Brown +250 o1½ -175
    11:00PM 1202 Demian Maia -300 u1½ +155
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-21-16 at 01:38 PM.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Jibby -- I can't talk to you, respect you or even read your posts until you accept JoshKnows challenge.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Jibby -- I can't talk to you, respect you or even read your posts until you accept JoshKnows challenge.
    What challenge is that? I said I would accept any challenge he wants if he becomes an SBR Pro for a $100 bucks.. I can win some bet points off his cheap ass if he does that... He's too broke to become an SBR pro just like you.. Yet both of you live on this forum..

How can you expect me to bet him real money? I'd be a fool to go just on word... You can bet your ass I'm not afraid of that guy in a challenge.. He's good but when it comes to a head up challenges we all know who the man is..

I've been kicking ass and taking numbers in head up challenges for years..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-21-16 at 01:51 PM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

What challenge is that? I said I would accept any challenge he wants if he becomes an SBR Pro for a $100 bucks.. I can win some bet points off his cheap ass if he does that... He's too broke to become an SBR pro just like you.. Yet both of you live on this forum..

How can you expect me to bet him real money? I'd be a fool to go just on word... You can bet your ass I'm not afraid of that guy in a challenge.. He's good but when it comes to a head up challenges we all know who the man is..

I've been kicking ass and taking numbers in head up challenges for years..
    Stut up pussy, you have nothing at risk but a avatar and call me your king for a month, I don't want any of your bet points, and I'll give you all of mine if you win. I don't want to be a fukin sbr pro, I risk real money, but if I lose, I'll put up the hundred so I can give you the points, you have no risk of being screwed out of anything on your part, because i dont want ur fukin pizza points, u fatass clown, I just want to humiliate you more than I already am. You have zero chance of winning, so don't worry about that pussy.

TrumpOWNS
    TrumpOWNS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Only morons like Capone will take Rory. Go ahead take him. You're the best fade here

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Stut up pussy, you have nothing at risk but a avatar and call me your king for a month, I don't want any of your bet points, and I'll give you all of mine if you win. I don't want to be a fukin sbr pro, I risk real money, but if I lose, I'll put up the hundred so I can give you the points, you have no risk of being screwed out of anything on your part, because i dont want ur fukin pizza points, u fatass clown, I just want to humiliate you more than I already am. You have zero chance of winning, so don't worry about that pussy.
    with zero chance, what kind of odds are you giving on him?

+150 aint gonna cut it

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpOWNS View Post
    Only morons like Capone will take Rory. Go ahead take him. You're the best fade here
    That would be Brooks.

TrumpOWNS

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Why even waste your energy? Just do your thing and ignore the haters/trolls. Let Jibs continue to post losing plays and then let him post his fake winning prop plays after the fact so he can say "whew, almost lost but thanks to this (insert fake prop play), i'm still up on the night" . You shouldn't even doubt him or argue. Just encourage his stupidity. It's more fun

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    That would be Brooks.
    lol love how I'm in your head but no surprise, I've brutalized you intellectually. There is no doubt you're upset.

TrumpOWNS

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    That would be Brooks.
    Brooks doesn't even post plays and neither do you. You guys are almost exactly the same person except you troll people's actual plays and he trolls people's liberal arguments. Not hating, just saying what I see. I still love you though Miri. For the rare times Josh loses you troll him and even suggest Jibbby is better, which is hilarious because it bothers Josh, regardless of how untrue it is.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol love how I'm in your head but no surprise, I've brutalized you intellectually. There is no doubt you're upset.
    Get em brooks... Show that Jeffrey Dahmer look a like who's boss up in this beast!! Miri get worked over by the regulars.. Classic!!!

I still like ya Miri even though you are getting punked... Don't be hate'n on Jibs now...

TrumpOWNS

Wonderboy by KO or ITD will be my main play.. Rory gets caught and dropped at some point most likely.. Wonderboy has some crazy effective striking abilities. Rory has to worry about kicks in this one unlike in his last fight KO loss to the champ... Rory needs to use his wrestling to have a chance in this one I believe..

Odds still aren't out for this fight.. Just looked on 5D no cigar...
    Hey Jibs I couldn't reply to ur private message but no disrespect if you took anything I said seriously. Just trolling. Ur a good dude and I like that you bet nearly every major sport like me and live in so cal like me. I always like ur passion and energy.

TrumpOWNS

Get em brooks... Show that Jeffrey Dahmer look a like who's boss up in this beast!! Miri get worked over by the regulars.. Classic!!!

I still like ya Miri even though you are getting punked... Don't be hate'n on Jibs now...
    Are you kidding Jibs? Miri vs Brooksy 1 went exactly like Conor Diaz 1. Brooksy threw everything he had early and although some of you thought he was winning, I pounded Miri live (just like Diaz) at +600 and then when Miri was right about Fury beating Klitchko Brooksy folded faster than Brock when Ubereem hit him. I was actually quite disappointed because Brooksy is a fellow to Trump supporter and owns the liberals for the most part but he was definitely owned in that exchange. I'm very surprised Brooksy is coming back for more. Miri and Diaz by second round RNC in the rematch.
    Last edited by TrumpOWNS; 03-21-16 at 10:58 PM.