jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Khabib is picking a McGregor KO over Dos Anjos

Is this guy ever wrong? He predicted the whole main event correctly for UFC 194, called Dos Anjos over Pettis when dos anjos was a +350 dog, and a few others I can't pull off the top of my head.

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Could it be possible that he's also just hoping McGregor wins for a money fight? lol

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by jordanft19 View Post
    Is this guy ever wrong? He predicted the whole main event correctly for UFC 194, called Dos Anjos over Pettis when dos anjos was a +350 dog, and a few others I can't pull off the top of my head.
    Khabib knows whats up, they have a mutual respect for each other, and may have trained together, so there may be bias....from mcgregors twitter " @TeamKhabib@Dethrone_Dan@ufc Lets do it brother!! I fly out to Vegas tomorrow!! Hit me up and we can train :-)"

JoshKnows46

Size comparison, Mcgregor has HUGE fists.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Rda>mCG....

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Rda>mCG....
    No, mcgregor wins..RDA is 4th best in the division, I've been hammering rda, but it's because of the favorable stylistic matchups, mcgregor is a horrible matchup for him, he will get dominated in this fight, from bell to bell. Very easy money.

PaperTrail07

RDA can counter w the best and walk foward....tough chin.....lets see it happen.....RDA will eat his 1-2 in and out punches for breakfast....eventually tie up and gas him out...If McG keeps his distance and actually does keep his gameplan -your right---I see him going for a spinning back kick and ending up on the ground after he gets cocky EARLY on....

PaperTrail07

His lack of respect for RDA could cost him the fight IMO....

JoshKnows46

RDA can counter w the best and walk foward....tough chin.....lets see it happen.....RDA will eat his 1-2 in and out punches for breakfast....eventually tie up and gas him out...If McG keeps his distance and actually does keep his gameplan -your right---I see him going for a spinning back kick and ending up on the ground after he gets cocky EARLY on....
    Rdas tough chin will only allow him to get punished longer, I guarantee rda doesn't have the wrestling to take mcgregor down, and within 3 rounds his chin will crack. I could see kabib battering mcgregor from mount position for 5 rounds and El cucuy giving him trouble with similar reach, being unorthodox, godly chin, And rolling into a leg lock, but I see Absolutly no path for victory for rda, this is your last chance to get mcgregor at a great price, much stiffer comp is coming after this fight, even edgar is much more suited to beat mcgregor stylistically.

JoshKnows46

Why would he gas?, he set a great pace against Holloway at a dehydrated injuried state, at a weight class he really shouldnt be able to make, and never slowed down. He enjoys running, and runs every morning, maybe if this fight had a chance of making the championship rounds, but I wouldnt bet on the hope that he gasses, there's no evidence to back the thought. BTW the Holloway fight is the only fight in mcgregors career to see the judges. He will make a joke out of rda for as long as this fights lasts.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-16-16 at 12:45 PM.

PaperTrail07

I do agree with the other fighters being a tougher matchup...unless McG wins by KO round 1 or 2....RDA will be winning the point battle....he understands the judging and stays agressive....I also think that McG will go for wild strikes and RDA will be better focused-pick a spot and will atleast get him down 1 time....we both know that if it goes there....it will probabl stay there..could McGcatch him round 1 and end it...sure...he has 1 KO loss in his entire career-this is a diff animal agree---but knocking him out wont be as easy as people are thinking IMO...

PaperTrail07

Sorry....didnt mean GAS as much as being content with being on his back....it just didnt look like he was in a hurry to get up VS chad....was he gassed/content...who knows.....did he get up and KO him.....absolutly..anyone fighting out of Kings has been on Point lately too....maybe they found a hidden PED>? JK lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Why would he gas?, he set a great pace against Holloway at a dehydrated injuried state, at a weight class he really shouldnt be able to make, and never slowed down. He enjoys running, and runs every morning, maybe if this fight had a chance of making the championship rounds, but I wouldnt bet on the hope that he gasses, there's no evidence to back the thought. BTW the Holloway fight is the only fight in mcgregors career to see the judges. He will make a joke out of rda for as long as this fights lasts.

PaperTrail07

as of yet---correct....

PaperTrail07

RDA now +115......Conor -135

JoshKnows46

Sorry....didnt mean GAS as much as being content with being on his back....it just didnt look like he was in a hurry to get up VS chad....was he gassed/content...who knows.....did he get up and KO him.....absolutly..anyone fighting out of Kings has been on Point lately too....maybe they found a hidden PED>? JK lol.....
    Well chad wasn't doing anything from the top, there was no danger in the position, its gonna be harder to do much from the bottom or get up if a top wrestler is simply holding the position, not giving any openings or offense, i think he made the correct choice to wait it out and wait for the mistake, he did beat him up with elbows from the bottom and the first time chad tryed any attempt at offense, he got right back up, he also had a torn acl mcl,and said that was his worse camp and cut because of the injury he had going into the fight. He stuffed 4 of 7 of chads takedowns while injuried, and off a terrible weight cut. That's my one worry with mcgregor , he's not gonna pull out a fight if he's injuried, like werdum did, so you never know if your betting on a injuried guy coming in.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-16-16 at 01:05 PM.

PaperTrail07

Well chad wasn't doing anything from the top, there was no danger in the position, its gonna be harder to do much from the bottom or get up if a top wrestler is simply holding the position, not giving any openings or offense, i think he make the correct choice to wait it out and wait for the mistake, he did bear him up with elbows from the bottom and the first time chad tryed any attempt at offense, he got right back up, he also had a torn acl mcl,and said that was his worse camp and cut because of the injury he had going into the fight. He stuffed 4 of 7 of chad takedowns while injuried. That's my one worry with mcgregor , he's not gonna pull out a fight if he's injuried, like werdum did, so you never know if your betting on a injuried guy coming in.
    I agree there was almost zero danger but he def was not winning those rounds...honestly it was hard to know if he was telling the truth or not.....it was torn before -and he tore it again and it required zero surgery?!? ....I have seen plenty of Torn ACL's and MCL's in my life..If he did it---HOLY SHIT!!!...but you cant fix a TORN acl with stem cells IMO....its surgery or nothing....so I think it was just him being cocky but that me .....but like you said....if he came in actually with a TORN acl and MCL and won....guy could walk in with a broken hand ect LOL....thats just insane...

PaperTrail07

His movement is everything....guy could end up a modern day achilles lol...

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

A guy with the talent of mcregor is probably a bigger talent than Dos anjos, whos coming into the ufc and just owns? RDA needed 5-6 years to reach the same level as mcregor, so that pretty much tells the story right there. You need to side with mcregor at this point to anyone finds the recipe. 25 minutes is too freakin long, in a 3.round fight i would be hesitant to bet mcregor 25 fakking mintues, no way dos anjos takes it...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Here's the thing with McGregor. I think he's perfectly content riding out rounds when he gets on his back because he knows he's so superior to anyone he'll face on the feet. He knows all he has to do is survive the round and he'll get a fresh start in the next round at finishing on the feet. Chad busted him open a little bit, but I think Conor could tell the gas tank was getting low and just waited until his opportunity came to get back up and low and behold, he finished him as soon as he was back to his feet. Obviously RDA has more power than Chad does and is probably even more agile on the feet (down on Chad right now), but it isn't enough. Conor absolutely destroyed Chad on the feet with those vicious body shots. I just can't see RDA lasting over 1.5 rounds with Conor on the feet and I think his takedown defense will improve with the slower guys at 155 and with him not ravaging his body to cut weight.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

McGregor's movement is too god like. I'm a believer.