THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie 3 (February 19, 2016)

Spike, 9 p.m. ET
    Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock
    Kimbo Slice vs. Dhafir Harris
    Emanuel Newton vs. Linton Vassell
    Derek Campos vs. Melvin Guillard
    Daniel Pineda vs. Emmanuel Sanchez

prelims, 7 p.m. ET
    Juan Torres vs. Justin Wren
    Jeremy Mahon vs. Davis Sylvester
    James Christopherson vs. Charlie Ontiveros
    Ruben Esparsa vs. C.J. Hancock
    Daniel Santos vs. Adrian Yanez
    Richard Knepp vs. Isaac Villanueva
    Mike Trinh vs. Angel Zamora
    Anthony Ivy vs. Jason Langellier
    Manny Lozoya vs. Jacob Norsworthy

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Do you dare load up on Ken Shamrock at -165? I'm tempted I can't lie!!!

Royce Gracie is seriously old and not juicing like Ken... Ken by KO maybe, he should be the much bigger and stronger old fart? Or does Royce pull a rabbit out of his ass and nail a triangle off his back or some shiiiit?

jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Royce Gracie seems like a one dimensional fighter, but both these fighters are old as hell so anything can happen

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

racist to say Kimbo and DADA look alike?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Do you dare load up on Ken Shamrock at -165? I'm tempted I can't lie!!!

Royce Gracie is seriously old and not juicing like Ken... Ken by KO maybe, he should be the much bigger and stronger old fart? Or does Royce pull a rabbit out of his ass and nail a triangle off his back or some shiiiit?
    Riiight, Royce has never been juicing his brains out before.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ken Shamrock has desired Royce Gracie rematch for two decades to 'set things right'

By Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi on Feb 11, 2016, 10:00a 42

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Tweet Share (2297) Pin

You know the story already. You've probably heard it dozens of times.
    The small, scrawny guy wearing a gi toppled the hulking, muscular favorite using a unique-at-the-time, ground-based attack. UFC 1 was your classic David vs. Goliath story.
    Ken Shamrock, who lost to Royce Gracie in the semifinals of that inaugural event on Nov. 12, 1993, was Goliath. And ever since that day, all he has wanted was to alter the course of history slightly. Shamrock's tale is as old as that Biblical parable: it involves retribution and redemption.
    Bellator will give Shamrock his shot 23 years after the fact in the main event of Bellator 149 Feb. 19 in Houston. It'll be Gracie vs. Shamrock all over again, a remake of the classic fight with both men maintaining their original roles.
    "Everything I've wanted to set things right is right there," Shamrock told MMA Fighting. "All I've gotta do is just pick it up and go. That's what this is. That's the Gracie fight. I can [cherish] everything that this one fight happened. Everything. From the beginning to the end. It was started and it will end -- and I'm in control of that."
    Sure, Shamrock got a rematch with Gracie at UFC 5 two years after the first bout. But that ended almost even more unacceptably. Shamrock was able to not get submitted in less than one minute like the first time, but all he was able to do was grind out a 36-minute draw. It still stands as the longest fight in UFC history.
    So much has changed since in 20 years. Shamrock has retired multiple times, only to come back to face Kimbo Slice (a first-round KO loss) for Bellator back in June. Gracie, who had a comeback fight with the UFC in 2006, has not fought in eight years and was most recently filling a role as a brand ambassador for Bellator. Shamrock is 51 years old; Gracie is 48.
    The announcement that the two would be meeting again at their advanced ages brought groans from some and eye rolls from others. UFC president Dana White said recently that two "50-year-olds" fighting each other was "crazy." Shamrock disagrees. He labels those expounding negativity about the fight "trolls."
    "If I can't pass a physical or Royce can't pass a physical, then by all means -- I am all for it -- we can't fight," Shamrock said. "But if you're asking us to go out there and do anything another kid can do -- if someone passes the physical at that age, I think he's earned that right to go in there and fight and do anything he wants to do. It's just people who want to be angry, that just have nothing in life."
    As much as Shamrock has accomplished in both mixed martial arts and pro wrestling -- he was a WWE star for years -- there is an empty place for him when it comes to certain opponents. Slice was one of those. So is Tito Ortiz. But Gracie? The biggest and it's not even close.
    "There's a lot of fights out there that I wanted," Shamrock said. "I kept saying I wanted them, but for whatever reason I never got them. It is what it is. But the bottom line is I'm getting it now. It's fine with me. I'm not going to question it. I'm glad I got it."
    Ever since Shamrock returned to the MMA scene as a Bellator brand ambassador, he has been asking for the Gracie rematch. He told Bellator president Scott Coker and, really, anyone who would listen. When Coker told Shamrock that Gracie officially accepted the offer, Shamrock felt like it was the great gift -- and opportunity -- he has ever been given.
    "I could have jumped through the wall," Shamrock said. "It's like something you could touch and you know if you just get it, your world will be changed. Like everything would be OK if you just got the chance to turn things around. And you know with everything you are and with everything you breathe, all you've gotta do is wakeup and do it and things will change. But you can't get it to come to the table. You can't get them to talk with you. You can't seem to get things going. So therefore, it's lost. But then to turn around once when you wake up and you have it all sitting right there at the table -- it's all ready to go, it's there. All you've gotta do is just go.

"That's what it's like with this fight. It's like my whole life is sitting at the table and all I've gotta do is just go."

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Riiight, Royce has never been juicing his brains out before.
    Not like Ken...

Royce old...

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Have to respect Dada5000 for the work he does for his community.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Besides Shamrock and Kimbo, I think the other 3 dogs in the other fights have a legit chance of winning...

Derrick Campos has a shot for sure, Pineda as well, and Linten Vassell too.. Can actually see all 3 dogs winning those fights and wouldn't be surprised if they all did.... Will bet each one evenly and see what sticks..

Shamrock and Kimbo ya gotta go with, probably nail down those in a 2 teamer or just play props if they come out..

Ken Shamrock by KO and Kimbo by KO props in other words for better value..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-16 at 01:15 PM.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Besides Shamrock and Kimbo, I think the other 3 dogs in the other fights have a legit chance of winning...

Derrick Campos has a shot for sure, Pineda as well, and Linten Vassell too.. Can actually see all 3 dogs winning those fights and wouldn't be surprised if they all did.... Will bet each one evenly and see what sticks..

Shamrock and Kimbo ya gotta go with, probably nail down those in a 2 teamer or just play props if they come out..

Ken Shamrock by KO and Kimbo by KO props in other words for better value..
    Both fighters are s pick em at -110 each. I watched Bellator's version of countdown that was released a couple of days ago as they ramp up to the fight. It is an open weight affair like back in the good ole days. Gracie looks like he lost a lot of flexibility from the footage I've seen. I can't believe this fight is sanctioned.

Link to countdown show. http://youtu.be/WuQ3smBJQIM
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Ultimatemeatball 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

double post
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 06:08 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

After watching that video this is my take -

I'm 47 years old today and both these guys look so old too me!!! Granted I'm a few years younger then each but both of these guys look weathered, got the old man wrinkles, old man muscle tone and veins showing, slow and none flexible, etc.... I guess I'm aging very well in comparison because I don't have any of that shiit showing.. I honestly think I could beat both these guys up one after the other in the cage as well.. Sign me up...

My take on the 52 year old Shamrock, he looks stiff with no flexibility at all, is juicing though for sure but carrying around alot of muscle mass which will gas him out fast.. He'll gas out after a minute of going hard.. Royce Gracie looks skinny and almost fragile to me on the flip side but if he's running 10 miles daily for workouts then he will have a huge cardio advantage.. I think he is lying about those 10 mile workouts jogging though.. His knees would be shot at 49 doing that daily..

Shamrock I think will shoot and try to lay and pray after throwing a few punches standing, same as when he fought Kimbo.... Being the larger man he probably does that, because I don't see the movement or flexibitily in his striking, he can't even extend his arms anymore and throw a straight punch..

I'm shocked one of these guys haven't gotten injured leading up...

I'm giving Royce Gracie a chance now just because of his alleged cardio advantage.. If he can get past the initial onslaught of Ken Shamrock I think he'll win.. Ken Shamrock took down Kimbo and shot his load and was done after the initial adrenaline dump..

This is going to be painfully funny to watch, one guy might get serious injured though.. I'm also surprised this fight is sanctioned...

I'll probably take the under if I do bet this crap as I'm sure one of these guys are just looking to show up for a paycheck and at the first sign of trouble will look for a way out.... I'm not convinced Ken can pull off the lay and pray for a round and half...

Bellator 149 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas - Spike TV
    Fri 2/19 3001 Royce Gracie -110 o1½ +115
    11:00PM 3002 Ken Shamrock -110 u1½ -135
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 06:23 PM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Jibby do you have any plays for the Grammys?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Jibby do you have any plays for the Grammys?
    No plays man.. Taylor Swift and or Lady Gaga probably win something just by guessing....

You know something we don't Beelz?
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 07:19 PM.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

kendrick for all the monies niqqa. thought u was from compton jibz

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    kendrick for all the monies niqqa. thought u was from compton jibz
    Kendrick Lamar... Right..

I am straight out of compton and crazy mother focker from the streets.. Tearing up shit...

I'm trying to watch these Grammy's and I'm about to shoot myself... I don't know half these crappy artist chicks singing so far.. Maybe I'm getting old IDK? I see Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder wish those guys would perform.. Maybe they will..

I'll tell you though interesting odds on the MOVIE Martian for best picture +6600 coming up at the end of this month.. The Revenant probably gets it thought at -150.. Decrappio for best Actor finally too..

Sanity Check

DADA5000 training highlights.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

DaDa gonna get dropped... I don't even think Kimbo will try to take him down as he'll just try to throw down.... The real street fighter wins in this slug fest...

Sanity Check

DaDa gonna get dropped... I don't even think Kimbo will try to take him down as he'll just try to throw down.... The real street fighter wins in this slug fest...
    I think Dada5000 might have a better chin and better cardio than Kimbo.

He has no ground game, though. Watching his last fight Dada5000's opponent had him mounted and the ref stood it up lol.

edit - My mistake that wasn't Dada's last fight, it was an old fight from 2010. He's had time to learn if he invested the time and effort.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I think Dada5000 might have a better chin and better cardio than Kimbo.

He has no ground game, though. Watching his last fight Dada5000's opponent had him mounted and the ref stood it up lol.

edit - My mistake that wasn't Dada's last fight, it was an old fight from 2010. He's had time to learn if he invested the time and effort.
    I was thinking about the Kimbo KO prop but I'm not sure any props will come out for this fight.. Even the Kimbo Ko prop will probably be in the high -200's or low -300's.. I'll pass on this fight most likely.... Odds are too large on Kimbo no matter how you play it... I'm not sure I even wanna chance it in a parlay..

Good luck Sanity with DADA as you never know and at +348 I can't knock anyone for trying..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-16-16 at 12:37 AM.

Sanity Check

double post
    The most disturbing part of that whole thing.

How will Kimbo win this fight?

Even if he wins, ppl will accuse him of hand picking handicapped fighters to pick on.

I was thinking about the Kimbo KO prop but I'm not sure any props will come out for this fight.. Even the Kimbo Ko prop will probably be in the high -200's or low -300's.. I'll pass on this fight most likely.... Odds are too large on Kimbo no matter how you play it... I'm not sure I even wanna chance it in a parlay..

Good luck Sanity with DADA as you never know and at +348 I can't knock anyone for trying..
    Dada has a puncher's chance, and a chance of winning via cardio if Kimbo doesn't finish him early.

I'll probably pass. Plenty of better plays on the card and the UFC card the day afterward.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I wasn't really a fan of dogfight, but I have both respect for both kimbo and dada5000. I became a bigger fan of kimbo during TUF, he's a really humble guy. Not betting on this fight but I hope its a war.

I think Gracie is fighting for pride and Shamrock is fighting for the paycheck, I do however think shamrock wins. Isn't he like borderline heavyweight and gracie welterweight?

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    I wasn't really a fan of dogfight, but I have both respect for both kimbo and dada5000. I became a bigger fan of kimbo during TUF, he's a really humble guy. Not betting on this fight but I hope its a war.

I think Gracie is fighting for pride and Shamrock is fighting for the paycheck, I do however think shamrock wins. Isn't he like borderline heavyweight and gracie welterweight?
    People have said Dada5000 has a disabled parking tag due to him having gout? Not sure what that is. I get the feeling he isn't prepared and shouldn't be fighting. If gout is a serious health condition he definitely shouldn't be fighting.

Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie is listed as an openweight bout. Shamrock will probably have a 30-50 lb (?) weight advantage like he did the last two times they fought.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 02-16-16 at 04:26 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The 2 main fights on this card are an abomination to the sport, a joke, a mockery.. I'll be watching though just for the lols

We got a couple of 50 year olds fighting in the main event.. I never thought I'd see or say this... This isn't the WWE this is MMA and both of these old farts will be trying to hurt each other.. Abuse of the elderly about to go down!!

Bellator about to get paid for this circus show.. The preview -

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

The ultimate redemption for Kenny if he can pull out a submission victory over Royce.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Royce beat Ken in that first bout because he was allowed to wear the Gi.. Royce Gracie would grab and use the loose Gi material to choke out his opponents in many of his wins in the early years.. Ken Shamrock was head butting Royce in those early fights..

I remember watching UFC #1 in my early 20's and being amazed at what I was seeing live.... I recorded it on a VHS tape, made copies and passed them out to all my friends at the time that were into boxing..

You could only use the VCR to record with the TV at live time.. No DVR technologies back then and no DVD's.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-16-16 at 05:58 PM.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

^^ Royce beat Ken in that first bout because he was allowed to wear the Gi.. Royce Gracie would grab and use the loose Gi material to choke out his opponents in many of his wins in the early years.. Ken Shamrock was head butting Royce in those early fights..

I remember watching UFC #1 in my early 20's and being amazed at what I was seeing live.... I recorded it on a VHS tape, made copies and passed them out to all my friends at the time that were into boxing..

You could only use the VCR to record with the TV at live time.. No DVR technologies back then and no DVD's.....
    Will Gracie be wearing a Gi in this open weight fight? I'd take that into consideration when making my pick.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatemeatball View Post
    Will Gracie be wearing a Gi in this open weight fight? I'd take that into consideration when making my pick.
    No those days are over.. No Gi.. That would make a huge difference in this fight..

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I'm going with Ken. Hope the odds are on the plus side by fight day.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Write up for this event if anyone cares to read up... Decent..

Combat press - http://combatpress.com/2016/02/toe-t...d-predictions/

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think I like Gracie but who the hell knows. Not worried about Shamrock on the feet and Gracie should be better on the ground but idk. Hard to convince yourself to put money on these type of fights

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I think I like Gracie but who the hell knows. Not worried about Shamrock on the feet and Gracie should be better on the ground but idk. Hard to convince yourself to put money on these type of fights
    I think the only play in this fight is U1.5 at -130 as it's almost free money..

These old farts aren't gonna make it out the 1st round, someone taps or gets KO'd probably within the 1st minute or 2... Once Ken gasses out he will surely look for an out and or if Gracie gets hit hard enough early on in the face he'll probably look for an out or get knocked out..

Someone is probably just looking for a pay day and a quick exit win or lose.... Ken probably bows out fast if I had to guess if he doesn't get a finish early..

$167.40 $124.00 Pending 2/19/16 11:00pm Bellator Fighting 3001 Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock Under 1½ -135*

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I forgot to mention^^ Either Royce or Ken getting injured early on in this fight is a real possibility too.. Blown ACL, dislocate a shoulder, pull or tear a bicep muscle, etc.. Old guys can sustain injuries very easily when going all out physically when fresh and dry...

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I cant believe this historic fight card is so near.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Damn these guys are fukkin old, i was 7 when gracie vs shamrock 1 happened in 93

1234 ... Last