Betpoints: 2151

UFC 196: Feb 6th, 2016

Placed these two early...as of January 3rd

Cain Velasquez -145 Risking $1700
    Cain Velasquez/Fabrico Over 2.5 Rounds -135 Risking $400

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I'm with you. Think Cain uses a lot of pressure to wear Werdum down. That is how he wins. The only logical explanation for the first fight was the elevation IMO.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'm with you. Think Cain uses a lot of pressure to wear Werdum down. That is how he wins. The only logical explanation for the first fight was the elevation IMO.
    agreed...long layoff, elevation, plus big odds, plus werdum being the 2nd best in the division and a equally skilled opp that is good both standing and on the ground, is the reason i bet werdum the first go around, werdum was very underrated.....volume punching and cardio advantage of cain, wrestling to keep the fight standing, push werdum against the cage, high pressure, crisper boxing and movement, is the reasons i'm betting cain this go round, plus very favorable odds, they over shot the first time setting werdum at +400, this time they undershot at cain -145.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I was thinking about this matchup also. My only question mark is the late evolution in Werdums striking, he looks good. Although he arguably lost against mark hunt before planting a knee in his forehead, and his win over travis browne doesnt look so good now a days, but to accurately pin point how good werdums striking is at this point i find challenging. If Cardio Cain is back this is a no brainer, but it would have been nice to actually see him having a tune up fight first. Obviously the odds would then find itself near the -300 again, so thats the name of the game i suppose.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

With you on this brotha. Cain is going to beat his ass for 25 minutes!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Kings has Werdum on point---Like the over 2.5 no doubt....the fight should be a pickem--IMO

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Werdum again. Cain has no good avenue to victory here.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Kings has Werdum on point---Like the over 2.5 no doubt....the fight should be a pickem--IMO
    Kings?

PaperTrail07

Kings MMA -Cordeiro's spot....best training and motivation in the game IMO....bringing WINNERS...
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Kings?

mirinquads

Tell me how Cain wins here. His preferred and best fighting range is having the opponent on the cage, grabbing him with one arm and dirty boxing from there, and generally staying in close to the fence. This is where he destroyed JDS. Only problem is, that he can't do this against Werdum, because Werdum counters with the collar tie.

Cain grabs him with one arm to start his dirty boxing attack -> Werdum grabs the collar tie and feeds him knees. Go back and watch the first fight, this happened several times.

Cain can't take Werdum down, he get's his lazy mexican ass choked out.

Cain can't kickbox with him at range, as Werdum is longer and better there.

Not a hard matchup to call.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Werdum again. Cain has no good avenue to victory here.
    I see an avenue - Cain will press and grind on Werdum and not gas out this time..

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I see an avenue - Cain will press and grind on Werdum and not gas out this time..
    Read my other post. Werdum counters his grinding easily, like in the first fight. Wait and see.

Cain's training is shit too, he's worn his body out already.

Look at this.

PaperTrail07

Totally agree....Werdum finishes it....blame the altitude like they both were not fighting there lol
    Tell me how Cain wins here. His preferred and best fighting range is having the opponent on the cage, grabbing him with one arm and dirty boxing from there, and generally staying in close to the fence. This is where he destroyed JDS. Only problem is, that he can't do this against Werdum, because Werdum counters with the collar tie.

Cain grabs him with one arm to start his dirty boxing attack -> Werdum grabs the collar tie and feeds him knees. Go back and watch the first fight, this happened several times.

JoshKnows46

It's a shame how clueless some people here are. All I can do is laugh. See u werdum fans after the fight.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    It's a shame how clueless some people here are. All I can do is laugh. See u werdum fans after the fight.
    This aint going to be one of those TJ or Condit picks it is..w.e just keep.playing the favourite. Go Rousey!

mirinquads

I think I heard this stuff about the Dillashaw/Cruz fight too? And how "People where crazy for seeing it go the distance"

I mean, are you serious right now?

JoshKnows46

I think I heard this stuff about the Dillashaw/Cruz fight too? And how "People where crazy for seeing it go the distance"

I mean, are you serious right now?
    TJ and condit won, but I won't get into semantics about it, they won, period. Done.. last time I'm saying a word about those fights. Watch werdum cain last fight in the first round, cardio cain isn't on a long lay off and he isnt in high altitude, and he is gonna batter werdum with punches and take me down when he wants and have to energy not to get lazy and caught, he's just gonna be the faster, more elusive, and just out work werdum till he puts him away. Werdum is dangerous and he is gonna be the new number 2 for a while as jds once was, but he's no where near cains level. Odds makers should have set the last fight as werdum slight favorite like I said before last fight, and now they are over compensating, would not take werdum at anything under plus 220,, and I still wouldn't play him at that, it would be a no play, cain gonna beat him up and Down the octagon.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-20-16 at 03:05 PM.

bjpenn85

Biggest problem with cain is that he was hit to much in that fight. Even though he took it, it wears on you, if that was to happen again he will loose. He probably has fixed his cardio, but his defence was just horrible from round 1, even long before he was tired. Werdums accuracy on the feet looked like freakin conor mcregor. And its not like cain can just go for lazy takedowns however he wants. So Cain has def some technical flaws he needs to get rid. And the question is therefor is this a good bet, at -130? I do prefer a theoretically clear winner. I need to know the old cain is back. Maybe a live bet after seeing how cains striking is. Josh, you predicted Condit vs lawler a clear winner, didnt happen. Predicted TJ as a clear winner, didnt happen, are you sure Cain and werdum not panning out the same way? Even though you were right about how the scorecard SHOULD have looked like, you didnt see those close call decisions coming, you kind of overlooked that a lot of these championship bouts doesnt always presents large skill disparities. Maybe championship fights are your cryptonite (except Rockhold).

mirinquads

TJ and condit won, but I won't get into semantics about it, they won, period. Done.. last time I'm saying a word about those fights. Watch werdum cain last fight in the first round, cardio cain isn't on a long lay off and he isnt in high altitude, and he is gonna batter werdum with punches and take me down when he wants and have to energy not to get lazy and caught, he's just gonna be the faster, more elusive, and just out work werdum till he puts him away. Werdum is dangerous and he is gonna be the new number 2 for a while as jds once was, but he's no where near cains level. Odds makers should have set the last fight as werdum slight favorite like I said before last fight, and now they are over compensating, would not take werdum at anything under plus 220,, and I still wouldn't play him at that, it would be a no play, cain gonna beat him up and Down the octagon.
    But what happened to Condit and TJ destroying their opponents with ease, and the fights wouldn't be close? No way they go the distance I believe.

Don't understand how many times you have to get burned til you learn, but I will sit back and cash out like last time.

Please get all the plebs on the forum to bet on Cain so we can get a better Werdum number, thanks in advance.

bjpenn85

Pretty much the exact same comment there Miri

UncleChael

Lol. You would be under the sun with a nice bitch on the left and a beer in the other, if they really won.. Cmon josh. Also Werdum is going to retire Cain Velasquez.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

See it the same way Miri and all this talk about Cains cardio is a little bit of talk. It is good against guys who's cardio is shit. Werdum has shown he has big improvement in this area. When u have a big time wrestler who would rather stand because he feels it is safer u are in trouble. IM not even sure Cains hands are better.