JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

I own you consistently, seems like you would learn to shut your mouth and take notes mirin. Guess some people just don't learn. Your gonna have to continue learning the hard way.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Back to actual handicapping. Have been looking at the Wade/Taisumov fight and I think I may have something here. Will have to check out some video on the guys, but Wade seems to be a jack of all trades type fighter with above average wrestling but little power in his striking. On the other hand, Taisumov has a ton of power and has been at Tiger Muay Thai which is a very solid camp. He has like 8 sub wins in his career and 4 of those were in M-1 so he isn't awful on the ground. He's shown solid takedown defense so far, but I'm not sure he's faced anyone as skilled as Wade is wrestling wise. Wade's competition thus far in the UFC has been terrible though. 2 of his 3 wins and they are both out of the UFC now. The other guy is 1-2 and his best win was a sub against a Brazilian that is 0-2 in the UFC and probably on his way out soon as well.

TPowell

I can't see Wade finishing Taisumov on the feet because he's never knocked a guy out before and Taisumov definitely has the edge as far as the BJJ goes. Wade's only path to victory is lay and pray wrestling which he does do well, but I'm not sure he'll be able to keep him down long enough to avoid getting out-struck on the feet. Curious about Wade's chin because I think Taisumov inside distance could be a solid play if he doesn't have a solid chin.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    I own you consistently, seems like you would learn to shut your mouth and take notes mirin. Guess some people just don't learn. Your gonna have to continue learning the hard way.
    Actually, when you're getting proven wrong time and time again, it's you that's getting "owned" as you put it. I guess you're going the brooks way of claiming you own somebody, although they are consistently putting your ass to the curb. I suppose somebody who is a native english speaker but still can't differentiate between "your" and "you're" might have trouble understanding such a simple concept, though.

Taisumov wins with ease, possibly by knockout. A couple of fights back Wade may have had a chance, when Taisumov panicked and started spazzing out when people where in on a takedown, thus granting the takedown to them much easier. He's fixed that now, and still getting better with Tiger Muay Thai. Wade doesn't have the athleticism to counteract those striking skills.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Actually, when you're getting proven wrong time and time again, it's you that's getting "owned" as you put it. I guess you're going the brooks way of claiming you own somebody, although they are consistently putting your ass to the curb. I suppose somebody who is a native english speaker but still can't differentiate between "your" and "you're" might have trouble understanding such a simple concept, though.

Taisumov wins with ease, possibly by knockout. A couple of fights back Wade may have had a chance, when Taisumov panicked and started spazzing out when people where in on a takedown, thus granting the takedown to them much easier. He's fixed that now, and still getting better with Tiger Muay Thai. Wade doesn't have the athleticism to counteract those striking skills.
    Wade has been using some different MT style striking since arriving in the UFC and he is strong in the clinch, but most of it is just grinding. He gassed in that Giagos fight and I listened post fight and he admitted it and said its the most taxing thing to do in the sport (grappling), which I don't argue but he'll have to do this for THREE rounds in a row without gassing to have any shot against Taisumov.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I like Saunders at those odds. Cote's ground game is turrrrrrible and Ben should be able to grab onto him pretty easily. Either sub or ground out a decision.
    I have to disagree, Cote worked very hard the last few years with his ground game.

I think Cote his the best bet on this card @+110

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I like Saunders at those odds. Cote's ground game is turrrrrrible and Ben should be able to grab onto him pretty easily. Either sub or ground out a decision.
    Cote's takedown defense is a little suspect, but the last guy to submit him was Alan Belcher. I'm not sold on Saunders being able to submit a fighter the caliber of Cote. His sub of Riggs 2 fights ago was after Riggs hurt his neck badly on a takedown attempt. Anybody could have finished Riggs in that spot. I think Cote is the better striker but he's giving up 6 inches in reach. I think Cote or pass but probably pass
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

rewatched the Wade/Giagos fight. Giagos hurt him in the 1st round but he just couldn't stay away from the clinch and the ground to keep pouring it on. Giagos had some impressive reversals on the mat against a guy that is supposed to be a great wrestler. I think Wade is but his BJJ could use some polish. Wade landed an amazing elbow when Giagos came flying into him in the 1st round that cut his eye. Wade's chin didn't look too bad but Giagos isn't extremely powerful, certainly not like Mairbek

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Because some of you obviously don't Know the p4p top 4 guy in the world, after watching this, go watch the actual fights of both guys, notice that the guys Cruz beat are now at lower weight classes, notice the size diffrence, notice how dillashaw covers ground like nobodys bussiness,one of the best in the ufc at covering ground and cutting people off, when the cage is closed there will be no more talking, there will be no where to run and no where to hide, Cruz will have to shut his mouth or get his jaw broken, i repeat this is NOT A CLOSE FIGHT, review more, study more....stop going off memory, take this seriously, or lose your money now and in the long run. you can't go off memory and be successful at this.

Starting to like Killashaw...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ultimatemeatball

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    I have to disagree, Cote worked very hard the last few years with his ground game.

I think Cote his the best bet on this card @+110
    It is better, but Cote used to be terrible against mid level wrestlers/jits. Saunder jits is very strong and he is a huge guy for 170.

I just personally feel there is way more value in Cote by KO/TKO versus straight up. Cote ain't getting a sub in, and decision I think favours Ben.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Starting to like Killashaw...
    Good luck with that Unc.. Stick to your initial gut..

D Cruz gonna win rounds on points and might even KO TJ.... Dom is the more active fighter and has more skills and technique standing.. Granite chin as well probably as he never gets hit, as where your Killashaw has been dropped like a sack of shiit against John Dodson....

Watch the Dillashaw footwork after he gets hit in this gif... Lol..

Another angle...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-07-16 at 11:48 PM.

TPowell

Looking at some video on Saunders and Cote. I dislike the 6 inch reach disadvantage that Cote has in this fight, but he's obviously the better striker. He took a round off Stephen Thompson who is almost as long and is one of the better strikers in the UFC period in a fight that stayed on the feet the whole time. Cote doesn't have to worry about trying to get his man to the ground in this fight. Quite frankly, the only way he gets in trouble in this fight is if Saunders can lock in a sub. Saunders isn't much of an offensive wrestler though, so it will be a challenge regardless of how bad Cote's takedown defense is. Cote is a little sloppy on the ground for my liking and Saunders COULD lock in a sub, but I thought Cote looked great against Riggs, especially on the ground. Cote is worth a play at even money certainly

TPowell

Kenny Robertson dropped Saunders. Nuff said. Cote closes distance and either finishes him or does enough for the win. If you play Saunders, you have to play him by sub because there is no chance he wins a decision I don't think

TPowell

How in the world did Saunders even get the decision over Robertson? Robertson dropped him in the 1st, had very similar sig strikes landed, and a TD+ 2 mins of top control. Round 2 wasn't even that close. Sig strikes from UFC says 61-48 but even that seems too close. 2 judges gave Saunders that 1st round after Robertson dropped him like a bad habit with a big haymaker. His striking is so slow and awkward that Cote will be able to get inside and have his way. Any other thoughts? Sorry for the incessant posting but like to get my thoughts out

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Good luck with that Unc.. Stick to your initial gut..

D Cruz gonna win rounds on points and might even KO TJ.... Dom is the more active fighter and has more skills and technique standing.. Granite chin as well probably as he never gets hit, as where your Killashaw has been dropped like a sack of shiit against John Dodson....
    Your gut isn't always right, sometimes it fukks u even harder, but I'll be on KILLASHAW!

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

good outlook on that fight tpowell, don't know if i'm gonna put money on it yet, but i agree cote should have a gameplan to keep it standing, and his wrestling has improved enough to do so, but he has been going to his wrestling more and being more conservative and winning fights this way., and thats what worries me that he would take it down.. saunders always brings it every fight though and he fights for your money, so i'm not big on betting against him, but i agree cote shoud be the slight favorite and if he implements a smart gameplan he could win.....on the fight you asked about saunders is one of the few guys that can win a fight from on bottom, i bet on saunders that fight, and i thought he lost it, it was close, but i would have gave the fight to robertson....saunders can win by being the more active fighter standing or on the ground, cote has more power though and the better chin, saunders aggression can get him in trouble and he was wobbed by robertson early, which affected the rest of the fight. as you can see i don't really know what will happen in this fight, i can see many possible outcomes, in which case i will most likey not bet it, as i'm all about limiting risk, and finding reasons not to make a bet. too many questions marks for me, can't paint a clear picture of this fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Kenny Robertson dropped Saunders. Nuff said. Cote closes distance and either finishes him or does enough for the win. If you play Saunders, you have to play him by sub because there is no chance he wins a decision I don't think
    This post of yours was my initial thought when first seeing this fight up on the board.. Then I thought chin for chin Cote can take a punch much better then Ben.. Cote is a seasoned UFC veteran that's looked pretty good lately.. Cote fought some of the best. Ben Saunders is a decent Bellator transfer....

Cote should be the call.. Ben Saunders is an intense fighter though and if he can take Cote down ya never know with his submission game? Don't think Ben can go toe to toe with Cote for 3 rounds..

I kinda like this Cote ITD prop for value... I'm sure the Cote KO prop will have better odds but I'm impatient...

1405 Cote wins inside distance +310*
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-08-16 at 02:59 AM.

TPowell

good outlook on that fight tpowell, don't know if i'm gonna put money on it yet, but i agree cote should have a gameplan to keep it standing, and his wrestling has improved enough to do so, but he has been going to his wrestling more and being more conservative and winning fights this way., and thats what worries me that he would take it down.. saunders always brings it every fight though and he fights for your money, so i'm not big on betting against him, but i agree cote shoud be the slight favorite and if he implements a smart gameplan he could win.....on the fight you asked about saunders is one of the few guys that can win a fight from on bottom, i bet on saunders that fight, and i thought he lost it, it was close, but i would have gave the fight to robertson....saunders can win by being the more active fighter standing or on the ground, cote has more power though and the better chin, saunders aggression can get him in trouble and he was wobbed by robertson early, which affected the rest of the fight. as you can see i don't really know what will happen in this fight, i can see many possible outcomes, in which case i will most likey not bet it, as i'm all about limiting risk, and finding reasons not to make a bet. too many questions marks for me, can't paint a clear picture of this fight.

Saunders HAS to win this fight from his back IMO. He won't be able to do enough there to win a decision this time I don't think. The way the Robertson fight was scored was a fluke, as a lot of decisions on that card were. I think technically, Joe Riggs has some solid technique on the ground. He may not have the physicals to put it together anymore, but Cote didn't look bad on the ground against him. I'm a little curious like you said if Cote will lean on the wrestling some in this fight like has lately, but I just think as a veteran, he'll be smart enough to avoid it.

TPowell

Looking at the Felder/Cruickshank fight now. First thing that jumps out is Paul Felder has been very impressive striking in his UFC career. In 2 fights against some of the best strikers in the division (Ross Pearson and Edson Barbosa), he managed to win a clear 2 out of the 6 rounds in every judges eyes. He wasn't knocked down in either fight as well. It's obvious his striking is at a very high level. The only real issue for Felder is on the ground. Even there, he stuffed both of Danny Castillo's takedown attempts in a fight that he eventually finished him by spinning backfist. It's true that Jason Saggo took him down 6 times in a fight that Felder actually won by split decision, but Saggo is an elite lay and pray wrestler.

TPowell

Cruickshank is a solid offensive wrestler obviously but he tends to really get lost in transitions and give up his neck and arms. His submission defense is embarrassingly bad. He doesn't have to really worry about Felder locking in a sub on him, but it should lead to Felder being able to escape from the bottom if he has any kind of skill on the mat. Cruickshank is a solid taekwondo guy himself and has never been knocked out in the UFC in 12 fights. I think Felder should be the better guy on the feet in this fight and I'm not sure how you can trust Cruickshank to be on the ground against basically anyone and not do something stupid at some point that might lead to getting choked out or giving up position and getting pounded with hammer fists

mirinquads

Cruickshank has been knocked down and out plenty of times, both on TUF and earlier in his career. Chin is very shaky.

TPowell

who in the world made Ross Pearson +325 against Felder? Not sure why anyone thought it would be anything different that a striking match and Pearson is as just as anyone at 155 there.

TPowell

Cruickshank has been knocked down and out plenty of times, both on TUF and earlier in his career. Chin is very shaky.
    I'm not showing any KO losses in the UFC but 1 before his UFC debut. Guessing he's been knocked down more but he at least shows he can recover. Putting Paul Felder down under granite chin after watching the Pearson fight over. Guy drops his hands when he gets hit hard and just fires back. Remember seeing the same in the Barbosa fight

mirinquads

That's why you gotta do your research. Got KO'ed on TUF by Vick, and knocked down several times in the UFC. Felder may get the KO here.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Paul Felder has a knack for losing rounds on points and then losing by decision lately.. Crapshank has that bitchy Karate style and I guess it's conceivable Daron can win this by decision if he can stay out of range and endure the test of time. Crapshank has lost 3 of 4 fights.. Felder last 2....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Paul-Felder-68205

UFC Fight Night 81 - Lightweight 3 rounds - TD Garden - Boston, Massachusetts - UFC Fight Pass
    Sun 1/17 1701 Daron Cruickshank +200 o1½ -185
    8:30PM 1702 Paul Felder -240 u1½ +160

I'm thinking Paul Felder by Ko with a Crapshank by decision hedge..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-08-16 at 11:53 AM.

TPowell

That's why you gotta do your research. Got KO'ed on TUF by Vick, and knocked down several times in the UFC. Felder may get the KO here.

I'm not sure how serious to take TUF and knockdowns are important no doubt. Noons knocked him down in the fight I just watched, but Cruickshank put up a pretty good fight in the standup.

mirinquads

I'm not sure how serious to take TUF and knockdowns are important no doubt. Noons knocked him down in the fight I just watched, but Cruickshank put up a pretty good fight in the standup.
    Well, a knockout is a knockout. The chin doesn't recover as they say.

TPowell

Well, a knockout is a knockout. The chin doesn't recover as they say.
    true but its an entirely different animal. They have far less time to prepare for fights and I'm pretty sure guys aren't in near as good of shape as they normally are

TPowell

Done with my breakdown of this fight. I think Felder can win by TKO and decision (TKO slightly more likely IMO) and Cruickshank can only win by decision. Both guys throw a lot of wild spinning stuff, but I think Cruickshank will be a little more cautious with it in this fight because he knows Felder can flatten him. Felder will definitely be a parlay piece for me in this event.

mirinquads

true but its an entirely different animal. They have far less time to prepare for fights and I'm pretty sure guys aren't in near as good of shape as they normally are
    No it's not. Ofcourse the fighting circumstances is different, but if you get knocked out, you get knocked out. Your chin is damaged from that point on, and excusing it with it being a TUF fight, makes 0 difference.

Also, Cruischank posted this on facebook:

Daron Cruickshank
    I want to thank Derrick Mandell Munib Alsalmani Roy Ramos jubran nasser for the great sparring rounds. I also like to know where the hell is the rest of my team. I have the toughest fight in my career and I am always there for you.

Might be something to look out for, seems he's not having a great camp.

TPowell

No it's not. Ofcourse the fighting circumstances is different, but if you get knocked out, you get knocked out. Your chin is damaged from that point on, and excusing it with it being a TUF fight, makes 0 difference.

Also, Cruischank posted this on facebook:

Daron Cruickshank
    I want to thank Derrick Mandell Munib Alsalmani Roy Ramos jubran nasser for the great sparring rounds. I also like to know where the hell is the rest of my team. I have the toughest fight in my career and I am always there for you.

Might be something to look out for, seems he's not having a great camp.

his camp in general is a joke to be honest. Doesn't really change much IMO.

mirinquads

Of course it changes something that he can't get proper sparring/rolling opportunities. penetrate with his mentality if anything, as he's clearly frustrated. You seem to know very very little about these things

TPowell

Of course it changes something that he can't get proper sparring/rolling opportunities. penetrate with his mentality if anything, as he's clearly frustrated. You seem to know very very little about these things
    LMAO, I've tried to be nice to you but you are a total dick. The guy could have that much more fire for this fight. You really have one viewpoint and refuse to consider any others. The guys that he normally rolls with probably aren't too hot anyway judging from what I've researched. Sure, having less opportunities isn't good, but you have no clue what it will do to him mentally

mirinquads

LMAO, I've tried to be nice to you but you are a total dick. The guy could have that much more fire for this fight. You really have one viewpoint and refuse to consider any others. The guys that he normally rolls with probably aren't too hot anyway judging from what I've researched. Sure, having less opportunities isn't good, but you have no clue what it will do to him mentally
    I have no problem considering other viewpoints, if they are anything of worth. You have now tried to convince people that getting knocked out doesn't matter if it's on TUF, and that getting proper sparring/rolling doesn't matter, if you are at a bad camp. Two completely laughable opinions.

TPowell

I have no problem considering other viewpoints, if they are anything of worth. You have now tried to convince people that getting knocked out doesn't matter if it's on TUF, and that getting proper sparring/rolling doesn't matter, if you are at a bad camp. Two completely laughable opinions.
    1. I didn't say that getting knocked out doesn't matter if its on TUF. I said it matters less because outside of the lasting effects, the knockout didn't come with a true training camp in a real environment.

2. You make it sounds like he had NOBODY to roll or spar with. For all you know the guy may be mad at 1-2 guys that are warm bodies.

First 123456 ... Last