TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

How in the world is Johnny Hendricks not getting the next title shot?

The guy beat Condit and Lawler twice basically. Did anyone think Lawler won either fight? Hendricks clearly won the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The first I scored for Lawler, but Johnny did have control for over 3 minutes in that round. I thought the 4th also went to Hendricks. Should have been 3-1 going into the 5th. Now, I think it would have been reasonable to give Lawler a 10-8 in the 5th round for a draw but that would be BEST CASE scenario for him. NO WAY he should have got the decision. The fact that a judge gave the 2nd round to Lawler was an effing joke.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Ppv sales

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

He likes grinding his head on other men's balls too much.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    He likes grinding his head on other men's balls too much.
    you know the old saying... "learn to wrestle"

mirinquads

Why do you love seeing bearded man heads grinding on balls so much?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Pig-rigg wont make weight, too busy stuffing his face at his shitty restaurant

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Because the people that make their living running the ufc, would rather see Condit or Lawler as Champion, based on fighting style, personality, marketability and overall popularity of those two fighters over Hendricks, its a no brainier business move, the Ufc will try there best to keep Hendrix away from a title, not only is his fighting style not appealing to the masses, but he also whines and makes excuses after the fights, has trouble cutting and being disciplined to a diet which all makes him come off in a weak light/image and takes away from his skill. he's just not overly loved or overly hated, most are just meh on him, and indifferent doesn't sell.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 12-26-15 at 01:22 AM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

lawler should have won the first fight, Not hendix.....and hendrix should have won the 2nd fight. not lawler....judges Fuc.ked up in both fights, but overall no harm, it should be 1-1 between hendrix and lawler, as it is, they'll fight again, but when they do, it wont be for a title, maybe their next fight or 2 fights away from fighting each other again in a rubber match.

also 2 of hendricks last 3 fights were against lawler, no one wants to see that fight again, so soon, hendrix must win more than one fight against brown, to earn another title shot.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 12-26-15 at 01:42 AM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

he's probably going to dry hump wonder boy to a decision in Feb

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Yes, so sad. Hendricks and thompson should be a five round fight. Cant see thompson not getting taken down.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Hendricks dropped out of his UFC 192 fight against Woodley because he couldn't make weight, you dont get title shots when that stuff happens

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    lawler should have won the first fight, Not hendix.....and hendrix should have won the 2nd fight. not lawler....judges Fuc.ked up in both fights, but overall no harm, it should be 1-1 between hendrix and lawler, as it is, they'll fight again, but when they do, it wont be for a title, maybe their next fight or 2 fights away from fighting each other again in a rubber match.

also 2 of hendricks last 3 fights were against lawler, no one wants to see that fight again, so soon, hendrix must win more than one fight against brown, to earn another title shot.

Really? Would love to hear your breakdown on how Lawler won the first fight

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Would have been a serious injustice to the sport if hendricks won the second fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Boring fighter syndrome is what Johny Hendricks is suffering from.. PPV sales down like Beelz said with JH... Exciting fighters more marketable..

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Would have been a serious injustice to the sport if hendricks won the second fight.

Maybe to viewership but Hendricks won that fight

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Maybe to viewership but Hendricks won that fight
    He could barely make it off the stool coming out in the 5th round.. No, he didn't.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    He could barely make it off the stool coming out in the 5th round.. No, he didn't.
    he won 3 out of the 4 previous rounds and didn't get finished. It doesn't effing matter. Wait, why am I explaining MMA to a guy who likes the Diaz brothers....

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

If Condit wins, UFC will do Rory-Condit II in Canada next.

Sorry Woodley and Hendricks

UncleChael

he won 3 out of the 4 previous rounds and didn't get finished. It doesn't effing matter. Wait, why am I explaining MMA to a guy who likes the Diaz brothers....
    Quit lying to yourself. I like easy bets and the Diaz boys are easy bets.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Quit lying to yourself. I like easy bets and the Diaz boys are easy bets.
    lol they are garbage. Bet you thought Nick beat Anderson Silva too

mirinquads

If you don't appreciate the Diaz brothers fighting style and are all over Johnny "The grinder of testicles" Hendricks I don't think the problem is with Unclechael.
    Points Awarded:

Killer_Demo gave mirinquads 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: getlucky2win

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Usually the contender that finishes their fight in impressive fashion is awarded a title shot over the contender that wins via decision.

Hendricks had a decision win over Matt Brown. I think Rory MacDonald had an impressive finish KO over Tarec Saffiedine. MacDonald leapfrogged Hendricks with the impressive win via finish. The same thing happened with Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes. Chad Mendes had an impressive finish of Ricardo Lamas. Frankie Edgar had a decision win over Urijah Faber. Mendes got the title fight against McGregor because he finished his opponent and Frankie Edgar didn't.

Luke Rockhold and Jacare were the two contenders to fight for the belt. Rockhold got the title fight because his finish over Lyoto Machida was more impressive than Jacare's finish of Chris Camozzi.

That's the way the game works, the contenders who finish their opponents are awarded title shots over the contenders who win via "boring" decision.

Hendricks had another opportunity to fight for the title if he beat Tyron Woodley. Unfortunatley for Hendricks, he claims he ate too much deer meat which absorbed all the water in his body and led to him having complications which resulted in him missing weight & not being able to fight.

Hendricks is good, he just needs to make weight and get some finishes and he'll be in the title picture for sure.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 12-27-15 at 12:13 AM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

What an idiot. Nick went 5 rounds with a juiced silva. Show some fukking respect ya bum

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    What an idiot. Nick went 5 rounds with a juiced silva. Show some fukking respect ya bum
    both guys are jokes. Should be locked up in mental institutions

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

both guys are jokes. Should be locked up in mental institutions
    little hard to say that about Uncle Chael and Killer no?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Usually the contender that finishes their fight in impressive fashion is awarded a title shot over the contender that wins via decision.

Hendricks had a decision win over Matt Brown. I think Rory MacDonald had an impressive finish KO over Tarec Saffiedine. MacDonald leapfrogged Hendricks with the impressive win via finish. The same thing happened with Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes. Chad Mendes had an impressive finish of Ricardo Lamas. Frankie Edgar had a decision win over Urijah Faber. Mendes got the title fight against McGregor because he finished his opponent and Frankie Edgar didn't.

Luke Rockhold and Jacare were the two contenders to fight for the belt. Rockhold got the title fight because his finish over Lyoto Machida was more impressive than Jacare's finish of Chris Camozzi.

That's the way the game works, the contenders who finish their opponents are awarded title shots over the contenders who win via "boring" decision.

Hendricks had another opportunity to fight for the title if he beat Tyron Woodley. Unfortunatley for Hendricks, he claims he ate too much deer meat which absorbed all the water in his body and led to him having complications which resulted in him missing weight & not being able to fight.

Hendricks is good, he just needs to make weight and get some finishes and he'll be in the title picture for sure.
    i think it was more like they asked Mendes if he was in shape and he said he had been taping a hunting show. They asked Frankie if he was in shape and he said he trains all year and yes he was in shape so they gave Conner Mendes just to be safe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

I'm a Diaz hater.. I feel ya pal....

They do bring it in the cage every time and I respect that but only that.. One trick ponies.. Match them up against a good wrestler with submission defense and both Nate and Nick lose every time....

Hense why neither is UFC champion.. Nate wants McGregor because he's not a wrestler and sees a chance at boxing him.. Nick Diaz remains stoned and irrelevant...

Both Diaz brothers remain a disaster in live interviews...

UncleChael

The guy beat Condit and Lawler twice basically. Did anyone think Lawler won either fight? Hendricks clearly won the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The first I scored for Lawler, but Johnny did have control for over 3 minutes in that round. I thought the 4th also went to Hendricks. Should have been 3-1 going into the 5th. Now, I think it would have been reasonable to give Lawler a 10-8 in the 5th round for a draw but that would be BEST CASE scenario for him. NO WAY he should have got the decision. The fact that a judge gave the 2nd round to Lawler was an effing joke.
    Cry.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Hendricks clearly won the 2nd fight. Not sure how people think Lawler did. It was on tv yesterday. Hendricks won rounds 2-4 and round 1 was pretty close, but I gave it to Lawler for his aggression and control. Lawler won the 5th, but he took half the round off, made a 15 sec flurrly at then end of the fight, then mean mugged Hendricks and everyone splooged. Lawler took at least an entire round off in the course of the fight. I think people remember that last flurry and say that's when Lawler stole the fight. That's not how scoring a fight goes with the 10 pt must system. The judge who had it Lawler 49-46 must have been huffing glue.