THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 192: Cormier vs. Gustafsson (October 03, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson (for light heavyweight title)
    Johny Hendricks vs. Tyron Woodley
    Ryan Bader vs. Rashad Evans
    Shawn Jordan vs. Ruslan Magomedov
    Jessica Eye vs. Julianna Pena

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Ali Bagautinov vs. Joseph Benavidez
    Daniel Hooker vs. Yair Rodriguez
    Angela Hill vs. Rose Namajunas
    Alan Jouban vs. Albert Tumenov

UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET

Islam Makhachev vs. Adriano Martins
    Chris Cariaso vs. Sergio Pettis
    Derrick Lewis vs. Viktor Pesta
    Sage Northcutt vs. Francisco Trevino

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 09-13-15 at 12:26 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

I already bet on Gus but damn DC may just put him on his back and keep him there. If Gus can keep the fight standing it's probably his fight to win.. He could pick apart DC standing and win on points... Could be like when Jon Jones fought DC are my thoughts.... At +300 I had to give it try...

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I wonder what Ali is going to look like at weigh ins.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ryan Bader a live dog at +143 maybe?

Rashad Evans has been out of the cage for a long time now, he didn't look that good in his last few fights either IMO.. He went 2-2 in his last 4 fights and basically beat 2 legends that were over the hill and borderline cans.. Hendo (decision) and Chael Sonnnen..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rashad-Evans-10200

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Ryan Bader a live dog at +143 maybe?

Rashad Evans has been out of the cage for a long time now, he didn't look that good in his last few fights either IMO.. He went 2-2 in his last 4 fights and basically beat 2 legends that were over the hill and borderline cans.. Hendo (decision) and Chael Sonnnen..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rashad-Evans-10200

...+ ryan bader may be at his career best, hes def close to peaking. Has ryan bader, ever been better? Still, he kind of sucks. He still looks like a wrestle boxer 7 years after his ufc debut. Rashad is still better overall, but he likely will underperform, like they all do after a while. We can list up, dodson, cain etc, they all underperform.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    ...+ ryan bader may be at his career best, hes def close to peaking. Has ryan bader, ever been better? Still, he kind of sucks. He still looks like a wrestle boxer 7 years after his ufc debut. Rashad is still better overall, but he likely will underperform, like they all do after a while. We can list up, dodson, cain etc, they all underperform.
    Agreed to some extent.. Still Bader has rattled off 4 straight wins now in the UFC and has fought the more respectable competition compared to Rashad Evans in recent years...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ryan-Bader-22858

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

POUNDING DOGS HARD.

4 units on Gus -- analysis below
    2 units on Bader
    1 units on Woodley (may add another)
    1 unit on Baugotinov.
    Parlayed that shit every which way from Sunday.

Gus vs. DC

The current line is based on MMA math Cormier > Rumble > Gus.

Gus got caught -- it happens.

This fight really favors Gus for a few reasons. Gus is FAST and circles relentlessly. It will be hard for DC to get the takedowns. I expect DC will win r1 and maybe r2. I expect DC to fade and Gus to shine as the rounds go on. Gus's jab should be the story of this fight. Gus by decision. Can't believe we're getting +300???
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave TheCalculator 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

DC will throw him over the Octagon.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Might for a round or 2. Still expect Gus to win.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    DC will throw him over the Octagon.
    DC is a beast but he had a hard time finding the range with Jon Jones and Gus is another tall long rangy guy that moves well on his feet..

This fight is tricky.. DC wins if he can grab Gus and take him down but standing you gotta like Gus with his length, movement and striking.. Gus showed well against Jon Jones but he did get caught early on with Rumble in his last fight.. Rumble Johnson is much taller then DC though and much more aggressive early on with his striking..

This is a rebound fight for Gus and at those +300 odds I think ya you gotta give Gus a shot in this one.. DC is short and begins to gas as the rounds go by.. Gus may have the cardio advantage as he did go 5 rounds with JJ.. DC also went 5 rounds with JJ but looked absolutely spent in those last few rounds...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alexa...stafsson-26162

UFC 192 - Light Heavyweight 5 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas - PPV
    Sat 10/3 1001 Daniel Cormier -365 o3½ -150
    10:00PM 1002 Alexander Gustafsson +305 u3½ +130

This will be my play... DC is very hard to finish...

1011 Gustafsson wins by 5 round decision +461
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-15-15 at 11:28 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Bet the farm on Hendricks.

sit back and enjoy the rest of the card.

you're welcome

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Next up!!!

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Islam at +108 doesn't seem bad

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Anyone else tired of DC? Guy just looks like one of those guys who can give it but can't take it. Guy talks like he is the best MMA fighter in the history of MMA.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I noticed in last nights UFC event they hyped the Woodley/Hendricks fight and reflected back to their college wrestling match up.. Woodley bit Hendricks in the hand. Lol.... He lost that wrestling match and Hendricks went on to win the National Championship....

Payback could be in order here only if Woodley can avoid the Hendricks big shots in the later rounds.. Hendricks certainly sports the better chin of the two but Woodley probably is quicker and may just hit harder.. Interesting match up to consider... Over looks solid.. Wrestlers usually x each other out so you gotta think the fight stays standing.. Now who is the better boxer? Neither throw alot of kicks so this will be like a 3 round boxing match....

I like Woodley in a boxing contest just because he's probably quicker and moves better on his feet..Standing Woodley should pick Hendricks apart and out score him round after round.. Only concern is that Woodley might gas out late and get caught.....

Woodley just beat Kevin Gastelum in a decision win so you know he can go 3 rounds.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tyron-Woodley-42605

Should be a good fight.. This card is stacked!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-27-15 at 10:10 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Anyone else tired of DC? Guy just looks like one of those guys who can give it but can't take it. Guy talks like he is the best MMA fighter in the history of MMA.
    DC is a chubby little strong wrestler with a granite chin, he is as durable as they come.. DC doesn't bother me as a person but he isn't as good as he thinks he is.. I'm hoping Gus exposes him standing just like JJ did...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kinda liking Shaun Jordan for the KO win in this one. Waiting for those prop odds to come out on the fight..

The Russian fights a bit slow in the beginning as Jordan is the opposite and may just blitz him.. Early KO is very possible in this fight.. Shaun Jordan has rattled off 3 wins in a row now and all by KO..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shawn-Jordan-45624

The under round bet in this fight might be worth a stab also at the +105 odds.. If Shaun Jordan doesn't get the KO early he'll probably get stopped himself.. He's fat and gasses out easily...

UFC 192 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas - PPV
    Sat 10/3 1401 Ruslan Magomedov -155 o1½ -125
    11:00PM 1402 Shawn Jordan +135 u1½ +105

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write up came in from Bleacherreport..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nd-predictions
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-28-15 at 02:00 PM.

BELM0NT

Islam line jumped to favorite, I should hit it before it gets higher

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Adriano Martins is a brazilian jiu jitsu world champion. Islam Makhachev is a wrestler / combat sambo world champ. On paper they're not far from being dead even. A lot of the fights on this card could be tough to call. Much harder than the last japan card.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Air

Sanity Check

Show. Don't tell.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Just watched the UFC tonight show..

Rashad Evans seems nervous, rattled and already defeated to me.... Rashad seems to have lost his edge as he's been out of the Octagon for too long.. He said he contemplated quitting the sport already, etc... I don't like what he is saying about his comeback and knee injury either.. Then finally he's talking all this smack about Bader which was totally unnecessary which just confirms my suspicions...

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Bader finish Sugar Rashad before the final bell.. Loving Bader in this match up..

Blackzillions are all gonna catch a beating in this event me tinks..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-15 at 12:45 AM.

ffffffff
    ffffffff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

jibby,
    any thoughts on pena vs eye? the public seems to like pena.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Just watched the UFC tonight show..

Rashad Evans seems nervous, rattled and already defeated to me.... Rashad seems to have lost his edge as he's been out of the Octagon for too long.. He said he contemplated quitting the sport already, etc... I don't like what he is saying about his comeback and knee injury either.. Then finally he's talking all this smack about Bader which was totally unnecessary which just confirms my suspicions...

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Bader finish Sugar Rashad before the final bell.. Loving Bader in this match up..

Blackzillions are all gonna catch a beating in this event me tinks..

I now think Rashad just destorys him for 15 minutes... I'm only tooting my horn, once in a blue moon from now on.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    jibby,
    any thoughts on pena vs eye? the public seems to like pena.
    Not sure about this match up, might be a no play but leaning Pena if I must, reasons being -

Jessica Eye is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Miesha Tate in her last bout, while her opponent Pena has a KO win over Milana Dudieva in hers.

With both fighters probably relying on their stand up game, look for them to slug it out at the onset and exchange hard, clean shots throughout the match.

Pena's power will probably be enough to overwhelm Eye..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-15 at 10:26 AM.

BELM0NT

Quote Originally Posted by sanity check View Post
    show. Don't tell.
    i hit that bitch. Show me the money

BELM0NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Air
    I don't care what your screwing

ffffffff
    ffffffff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Not sure about this match up, might be a no play but leaning Pena if I must, reasons being -

Jessica Eye is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Miesha Tate in her last bout, while her opponent Pena has a KO win over Milana Dudieva in hers.

With both fighters probably relying on their stand up game, look for them to slug it out at the onset and exchange hard, clean shots throughout the match.

Pena's power will probably be enough to overwhelm Eye..
    I see your point. What if you consider Eye's previous opponents vs Pena's previous opponents. I think Eye fought better opponents than Pena did. But Pena has a savage finishing power, and she is likely to stun any mediocre female fighters. I just think that overall Eye will get a decision win with a good defense + more experience against tough opponents. Eye also went 3 rounds with Tate, who is #1 contender for the banthamweight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    I see your point. What if you consider Eye's previous opponents vs Pena's previous opponents. I think Eye fought better opponents than Pena did. But Pena has a savage finishing power, and she is likely to stun any mediocre female fighters. I just think that overall Eye will get a decision win with a good defense + more experience against tough opponents. Eye also went 3 rounds with Tate, who is #1 contender for the banthamweight.
    Like I said it might be a no play for me so I won't blame ya for going with Eye at those odds.. This should be a closer fight then those odds indicate but I still have the slight lean towards Pena...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I could see Alan Jouban pulling off another win against the tough Russian.. Jouban is not the greatest fighter in MMA but he finds ways to win fights and has big heart.. Decent chin and seems to be improving with every fight as well..

Jouban may just be able with stand Tumanov's offensive striking and pull out a decision win are my thoughts...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alan-Jouban-65878

UFC 192 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas
    Sat 10/3 1701 Alan Jouban +210 o1½ -170
    9:30PM 1702 Albert Tumenov -250 u1½ +150

I find myself playing just about every dog on this card.. This is amazing.. I really think atleast half the dogs will win at worst especially on the main card..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Most interesting fight on the card IMO.....very tough to call....Tumenov is so smooth w his hands and Jouban brings the heat....cant Fuckkn WAIT!
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

100% agree with you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Adriano Martins is a brazilian jiu jitsu world champion. Islam Makhachev is a wrestler / combat sambo world champ. On paper they're not far from being dead even. A lot of the fights on this card could be tough to call. Much harder than the last japan card.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Event write ups in...

MMAmania prelims - http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/28/94...sson-texas-mma

Combatpress main card preview and card predictions - http://combatpress.com/2015/09/toe-t...d-predictions/

Decent extended preview event vid..

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Good write ups, Jibby.

Anyone watch the countdown shows or embedded vlogs?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks Sanity.. Appreciate the bitch points..

Seen all the vids.. Ready to get this event rolling.. Weigh ins next up... Locked and loaded...

My hope is to win big with this event playing the dogs...

1234 ... Last