JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Final props I'm hitting up for value... Thought to share...

1011 Gustafsson wins by 5 round decision +473
    (DC is hard to finish and this is the most likely way of victory for Gus)

1129 Bader wins by TKO/KO +750
    (Bader has improved with his striking and Rashad has the ring rust and hasn't shown me anything in years)

1233 Jordan wins by TKO/KO +275
    (Most likely pathway to victory)

1429 Pena wins by TKO/KO +580
    (She has KO power)

1729 Jouban wins by TKO/KO +525
    (Russian could get caught late as Jouban has those kind of wins in him)

2433 Lewis wins by TKO/KO +170
    (Most likely pathway to victory)

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    But you dont need to see people fight for championship belts. You can just estimate, from the way he goes for a takedown, the way he throw punches etc, that his guy is better. The way he kicks the way he throw punches the way he moves, has nothing to do with the people he has faced. He will still be the same athletic slick moving target that trevino still will noe be able to hit. I mean, common. If you see a black guy run really really fast...do you need to confirm by looking at the watch, to find out if hes faster than a fat retard whos limping next to you? They havent met.......but what do you think is going to happen if the two compete against another? The analogy fits perfect, you just need to let go of this ohh hes 19, of ufc jitters bla bla. The guy f loves to compete, hes like a dog after a bone, guys crazy!!

By logic, ufc also dont care for trevino. Ufc always cheers the talented potential star, thats why they give favourable matchup. Like they always do, just think back, when did the last talented guy in the ufc loose as a favaourite in a debut? Correct, never happens. Weidman, conor, gunny, jimmye rivera, machkachev, carlos diego ferreira - dig deeper into this statistic, you will be shocked to see the numbers...absolutely shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    BJPENN get's it. If you know what you're looking at, you can deduct how this guy will do, even against a better guy. Maybe he will get pushed in a way he hasn't before, or crumble under the big lights, but he won't get worse technically etc. This literally never happens if you look back, its just some meme being pushed in the betting community for some reason. " OMFG we gotta see him against better competition, or we can't judge anything!!!" - Probably Lucy Fury's fault.. idiot parrots this all the time.
    There's a reason why Holly Holm finished all her fights except for 1 by KO/TKO in Invicta and other small organizations before she got to the UFC. After Holly Holm got to the UFC all her fights went to a decision and she didn't look nearly as impressive as she had when she was fighting in smaller promotions. There can be a noticeable difference in the level of competition when making the jump from KOTC, Invicta and other small promotions to the UFC where pretty much everyone is tough.

If we're talking about Sage Northcutt, other than his physique there's nothing I see that is impressive. When he defends takedowns he doesn't do basic things like pushing on the head, scooting his hips back, hand fighting or making basic adjustments. When he strikes neither his kicks or punches look good, his movement doesn't look good, his jiu jitsu looks average, slow and predictable. Maybe he didn't take those fights he's had seriously and didn't train much for them. Maybe he will look a million times better in his UFC debut when he trains seriously and puts more effort into it. As far as I know, Sage is a kid who has no real training or sparring partners, no real team, no real coaching staff or expertise. On top of that it doesn't seem like he travels to other gyms or places to learn the way a lot of amateur and pro MMA fighters do, he just stays in his own little world. Will that be enough to allow him to do well in the UFC? I doubt it. But anything's possible.

Fracisco Trevino missed weight and looked terrible at weigh ins. Hopefully it won't have a negative impact on his performance but he looked a bit defeated on the scale and might have already gave up mentally. In which case we might have to wait till Sage's next fight to really see if he's any good or not.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 10-02-15 at 09:47 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Agree with Northcutt though, he's nothing special yet, but the base is there. Athleticism, dedication and so forth. He has never drank a soda or eaten candy in his life he said in some interview (Yes, that's creepy as penetrate territory) - But you'd think he'd take the shit seriously in that case at least.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gambling man I think ya gotta try your luck at +350 with the more experienced and well rounded Trevino ..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francisco-Trevino-38029

Northcutt is young, explosive, undefeated and full of confidence but if Trevino can get out of the 1st round he might just win this because he is a pressing active tough hard nose fighter.. Gotta take this spunky kid into deep waters..

UFC 192 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 10/3 2001 Sage Northcutt -440 o2½ -140
    7:00PM 2002 Frank Trevino +350 u2½ +120

Watching Legacy now and even Pat Mill is saying if he was a betting man he'd be on Trevino too..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-02-15 at 10:35 PM.

Sanity Check

I don't know. With the way Francisco Trevino missed weight and didn't look confident on the scale, I wonder if he's throwing the fight or something else is going down behind the scenes, because Trevino looked and sounded confident a few days ago.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ This kid Northcutt is super hyped and I'm sure the UFC heads want to see him win.. I hope the fight isn't fixed like that but you never know?..

I'll be able to tell in the first round as I've seen both these guys fight a few times.. Trevino is not easily stopped in fights either.. Tough as nails... If Trevino takes a glancing shot and gets dropped early I'll have to believe something is fishy..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-03-15 at 12:24 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    There's a reason why Holly Holm finished all her fights except for 1 by KO/TKO in Invicta and other small organizations before she got to the UFC. After Holly Holm got to the UFC all her fights went to a decision and she didn't look nearly as impressive as she had when she was fighting in smaller promotions. There can be a noticeable difference in the level of competition when making the jump from KOTC, Invicta and other small promotions to the UFC where pretty much everyone is tough.

If we're talking about Sage Northcutt, other than his physique there's nothing I see that is impressive. When he defends takedowns he doesn't do basic things like pushing on the head, scooting his hips back, hand fighting or making basic adjustments. When he strikes neither his kicks or punches look good, his movement doesn't look good, his jiu jitsu looks average, slow and predictable. Maybe he didn't take those fights he's had seriously and didn't train much for them. Maybe he will look a million times better in his UFC debut when he trains seriously and puts more effort into it. As far as I know, Sage is a kid who has no real training or sparring partners, no real team, no real coaching staff or expertise. On top of that it doesn't seem like he travels to other gyms or places to learn the way a lot of amateur and pro MMA fighters do, he just stays in his own little world. Will that be enough to allow him to do well in the UFC? I doubt it. But anything's possible.

Fracisco Trevino missed weight and looked terrible at weigh ins. Hopefully it won't have a negative impact on his performance but he looked a bit defeated on the scale and might have already gave up mentally. In which case we might have to wait till Sage's next fight to really see if he's any good or not.

Sage is impressive, what youre saying about his skills is def not true. He does actually look impressive. but against nobody, we can all agree on that. Is he as good as donald cerrone, or adriano martins, or even k.j. Noons, not at all, i am to not convinced he can compete at the top in at least two-three years. But can he beat Trevino, yes he can, and he probably will.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

northcutt aint losing. neither is bader

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^ This kid Northcutt is super hyped and I'm sure the UFC heads want to see him win.. I hope the fight isn't fixed like that but you never know?..

I'll be able to tell in the first round as I've seen both these guys fight a few times.. Trevino is not easily stopped in fights either.. Tough as nails... If Trevino takes a glancing shot and gets dropped early I'll have to believe something is fishy..
    Exactly.

BTW, did anyone notice the bizarre stretch marks on Trevino's shoulders during weigh ins?

Has he always looked like that?

edit - nevermind, I checked the UFC 188 weigh ins and Trevino has the same marks just never noticed em before.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Sage is impressive, what youre saying about his skills is def not true. He does actually look impressive. but against nobody, we can all agree on that. Is he as good as donald cerrone, or adriano martins, or even k.j. Noons, not at all, i am to not convinced he can compete at the top in at least two-three years. But can he beat Trevino, yes he can, and he probably will.
    From what he's shown thus far, he doesn't look impressive to me. His punching technique isn't very good. His kicking technique isn't very good. The way he moves his feet, his movement in the cage isn't very good. His wrestling and jiu jitsu looked extremely basic and rigid, robot'ish, rather than fluid.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 10-03-15 at 04:21 AM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Gambling man I think ya gotta try your luck at +350 with the more experienced and well rounded Trevino ..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francisco-Trevino-38029

Northcutt is young, explosive, undefeated and full of confidence but if Trevino can get out of the 1st round he might just win this because he is a pressing active tough hard nose fighter.. Gotta take this spunky kid into deep waters..

UFC 192 - Lightweight 3 rounds - Toyota Center - Houston, Texas - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 10/3 2001 Sage Northcutt -440 o2½ -140
    7:00PM 2002 Frank Trevino +350 u2½ +120

Watching Legacy now and even Pat Mill is saying if he was a betting man he'd be on Trevino too..

I'll bet against you by betting on Northcutt.
    I believe he's like Erick Silva, strong enough to win against bad fighters but will struggle against good fighters.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'll bet against you by betting on Northcutt. I believe he's like Erick Silva, strong enough to win against bad fighters but will struggle against good fighters.
    Sure, i dont care but the future, for now im going to make money on whats being served to me on a silver platter. Who cares if he loses by 3 sec KO after getting blitzed by anthony pettis in 2018. Bon apetite monkeys!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well I took another look and changed my mind... I think you guys are right..

Trevino does look soft, Sage probably wins also because he's the hyped Karate kid and the UFC adores him. They are talking about him being the future of the UFC.. Bla bla bla.. Trevino takes a paid dive in this one.. It's good for business.. Throw logic out the window in this fight.. I'm gonna back up some of my Trevino play with this prop below..

The kid probably wins in grand fashion so I'm figuring the ITD prop is a lock if he does win, especially since Trevino looks out of shape and missed weight.

MMA betting logic suggests take the tough guy with the experience, fast pace, he's also coming off a decision loss after a long win streak so he should rebound, etc... but not in this case. Too many variables...

2005 Northcutt wins inside distance +115
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-03-15 at 11:09 AM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Sage van zant

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Sage van zant
    Yep, the UFC loves the pretty faced youngsters with the sparkle in their eyes.. The Sage's should be related... UFC is grooming them both..

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

DC vs Gus...Fight completes 2 rounds (-250)

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

No idea who the kid is.. but Northcutt by decision is what I went with.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    No idea who the kid is.. but Northcutt by decision is what I went with.
    He's got a legit Karate back ground, kinda fights and reminds me of a quicker more athletic version of Daron Cruishank but still very raw.. In his last fight I think he had short mental lapses though, still a rookie in the cage IMO... Kid is explosive though with his striking and athleticism but hasn't faced anyone legit yet.. Looks like he's not facing anyone legit now looking at the sloppy, missing weight, sacrificial lamb looking Trevino.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-03-15 at 02:02 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BELM0NT View Post
    DC vs Gus...Fight completes 2 rounds (-250)
    Very solid bet, but your paying to play that at -250.. Outside chance DC could catch Gus or pound him out early on... Doubt that happens though.. This 2 round bet probably hits.. GL Belmont!!!

I think the fight goes the distance myself...

UncleChael

I also took Sergio Pettis by decision and Viktor Pesta.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Almost game time!!

Going with the Black Beast Derrick Lewis in this first early prelim fight.. By KO would be nice.. Let's do this fellas!!!! Get that cheddar....

Pending10/3/15 7:30pm MMA Props Fighting 2433 Lewis wins by TKO/KO +176* vs Any other result

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

I've made a complete 180 on the Gustaffson vs Cormier fight, Cormier really only needs one takedown, in the first and second and Gus is gonna break imo.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Great comeback for Lewis and got the KO.. Bingo...

UncleChael

Almost game time!!

Going with the Black Beast Derrick Lewis in this first early prelim fight.. By KO would be nice.. Let's do this fellas!!!! Get that cheddar....

Pending10/3/15 7:30pm MMA Props Fighting 2433 Lewis wins by TKO/KO +176* vs Any other result
    Nice call Jibbs. Derrick Lewis

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Lol Lewis outlasted Pesta, didn't see that happening, i thought he would get flatlined when he started unloading his sloppy combinations

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks Unc I was big on Derrick Lewis just for the win.. Great start to this card...

Sergio Pettis overrated... Gotta fade him for small next.... Dogs all night long!!!

Ko prop is +725... Sergio's chin has been cracked before..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-03-15 at 06:04 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sergio looks like a weight division up.. This dog may not bark.. Size difference is massive.. Not looking good after 2 rounds.. Need a miracle..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL, 2 judges gave Serio all 3 rounds. No way he won that 3rd round. Judges shaky already..

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Got sage inside distance and by decision

nanderson1134

Yea!!!!!!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

he's so dreamy!
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hit Sage up last minute with the KO prop for value besides the ITD bet for insurance... Kid exploded and Herb couldn't wait to stop it.. Lol..

Pending10/3/15 7:00pm MMA Props Fighting 2029 Northcutt wins by TKO/KO +314* vs Any other result

ffffffff
    ffffffff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

2005 Northcutt wins inside distance <input id="editx" name="M1_191" size="4"> +115
    Hell of a call

nanderson1134

Just don't pull a Jon Jones!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'll bet against you by betting on Northcutt.
    I believe he's like Erick Silva, strong enough to win against bad fighters but will struggle against good fighters.

UncleChael

Thug Rose by Submission @ +165.

First 123456 Last