Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Dc for the win. I see gus crying again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Just watched inside MMA and DC was breaking down the 205 division.. He says he thinks Rashad beats Bader, and he's very surprised Bader rattled off 4 wins in a row now and that we are talking about him for a title shot... He thinks Gus is his biggest test besides JJ to date.. Wants a rematch with JJ one day.. Thinks he's gonna steam roll Gus though.. Gave Rumble Johnson respect for his speed with the punches..

I think - DC is delusional.. He's chubby, getting old, and Gus takes him....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-15 at 10:42 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Rashad by murder. He got the black man angry. CHAEL KNOWS.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

If Rashad is 100% physically and mentally I think he'll smash Bader inside the distance. Betting against Rashad is pretty much betting that Rashad won't show up healthy. Rashad is the better fighter imo. Rashad's main issue is he has too much respect for some fighters, he shows them too much respect in the cage and freezes up second guessing himself. He's done that against Machida, Jon Jones and Little Nog. All were winnable fights but Rashad showed them too much respect, froze up and lost. Rashad doesn't seem to respect Bader so I doubt that'll be an issue. If anyone doubts Rashad's skill watch his fight with Phil Davis. I actually felt sorry for Phil Davis in that fight, Rashad gave him a beating and outclassed him everywhere. Bader has improved but its still like he has two left feet when he's in the cage, I don't think it will be enough.

MMA math says if DC can ragdoll 260 lb behemoths like Josh Barnett in the heavyweight division, Gustafsson probably won't do shit to stop his takedowns. Gustafsson will probably move backwards and kick DC's leg or body to kill his mobility/cardio. If he can damage DC's leg he can pick DC off from a safe distance. If he can make DC gas from body shots, he can come on strong & overpower him in the later rounds. Gustafsson has a chance of pulling it off. Its hard to have faith in DC because he doesn't look like the ripped athletic image people have in their mind when they think of the best body type to be a fighter. But given the way DC has made everyone except Jon Jones his bitch so far, its isn't a stretch of imagination to think that history will probably repeat itself. The other +300/+400's on the card might be better investments than Gustafsson is.

DC is something like a fat chubby dude sent by aliens to wreck humanities conception of what an athletic body looks like. Everytime someone makes a fat people joke, DC chokes out someone with an arnold schwarzenneger physique in revenge.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Rashad by murder. He got the black man angry. CHAEL KNOWS.
    Josh Knows... No? ..

Bader will put Rashad on his back watch.. Rashad with the bionic knee reconstruction and out for 2 years is gonna need a miracle.. Probably blow out his knee again in round one..

Sanity - If DC couldn't toss around Jon Jones what makes you think it will be any different with Gus? Gus is too quick and elusive for DC.. His length and striking will be the difference...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-15 at 11:54 PM.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sanity - If DC couldn't toss around Jon Jones what makes you think it will be any different with Gus? Gus is too quick and elusive for DC.. His length and striking will be the difference...
    I don't think DC tried very hard to get Jon Jones down. DC tried to brawl with Jones instead of going for takedowns / wrestling. If DC came out in the 1st round with the idea of taking Jones down, I think the fight might have gone differently. DC brawled with Jon Jones. After that loss DC didn't brawl with Anthony Johnson he used his strikes to set up his takedowns and grappling. I think DC will do the same with Gustafsson, he won't brawl with him, he'll just go for the takedown and try to choke him out or get the sub.

DC is an absolute beast when he wants to be. Look at this clip of him throwing Josh Barnett around as if he were a child.

Last edited by Sanity Check; 09-30-15 at 12:07 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Roy Nelson took down Barnett with ease and DC was much heavier and stronger at the time..

Sanity if DC goes into wrestling mode and grabs hold of GUS absolutely he will dominate and win this fight.. I just remember Jon Jones trying shoot on Gus and coming up empty every time.. Gus is sneaky good at avoiding the take downs..

Flip side I do remember Jon Jones putting DC on his back in the later rounds when he began to gas out.. I just think the reach and striking skill set will be too much for DC to over come.. Gus has also been training with Olympic caliber wrestlers during his training camp leading up...

Gus is gonna be hungry after losing by KO to Rumble and I don't see him losing 2 fights in a row now..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-15 at 12:26 AM.

Sanity Check

That said, not trying to kill anyone's dog hopes.

I think Derrick Lewis, Francisco Trevino, Alan Jouban and Ali Bagautinov have a chance of hitting on the ML.

Trevino's opponent is only 19 years old and has never fought anybody or been tested, all his wins are against 21-33 negative win record competition. Derrick Lewis looked good in his last fight with Shawn Jordan even if he did lose. Alan Jouban is solid everywhere and might've been robbed of the decision win in his fight with Warley Alves, another top tier striker like Tumenov. Jouban could be undefeated thus far in his UFC career with some good finishes. Ali Bagautinov is another crazy dude from Dagestan Russia with tons of wrestling and sambo cred.

There is potential for upsets thar.

I just remember Jon Jones trying shoot on Gus and coming up empty every time.. Gus is sneaky good at avoiding the take downs..

Flip side I do remember Jon Jones putting DC on his back in the later rounds when he began to gas out.. I just think the reach and striking skill set will be too much for DC to over come.. Gus has also been training with Olympic caliber wrestlers during his training camp leading up...

Gus is gonna be hungry after losing by KO to Rumble and I don't see him losing 2 fights in a row now..
    I think in preparation for his fight with Jones, Gustafsson was training his boxing with the Klitschkos. At some point Jon Jones recognized that and decided he was going to work mostly on his boxing leading up to the fight. When the fight came around Jones wrestling wasn't up to par because he spent most of his camp focusing on boxing and hadn't realized Gustafsson could wrestle. The last time anyone saw Gustafsson wrestle in the UFC before he fought Jones, he was getting ragdolled and dominated by Phil Davis. Everyone thought Gustafsson wasn't a good wrestler up until that point and didn't realize how much he had improved until after Jon Jones had trouble getting Gustafsson down.

Things could be a bit different now that people are more aware of what Gustafsson brings to the table. Or maybe it wouldn't make a difference if Jones prepared his wrestling more instead of focusing on his boxing so much. We might have to wait for a rematch to really see what's up.

That would be cool if Gustafsson won. But I've bet against DC when he fought Anthony Johnson and I've bet against DC in some other fights and he's always proven me wrong. Maybe its time to try something different.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 09-30-15 at 12:29 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I could see Gus using his height and doing this same move to avoid the DC take downs.. DC will begin to gas out and stop trying for the td's in this 5 rounder... Gus will begin to win rounds...

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

I could see Gus using his height and doing this same move to avoid the DC take downs.. DC will begin to gas out and stop trying for the td's in this 5 rounder... Gus will begin to win rounds...

My thinking on this one is completely different to yours. I see DC forcing the pace and eventually tiring out and finishing Gus.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

99999999 units Gus.

If he doesn't win, it was because Jibbby jinxed it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    99999999 units Gus.

If he doesn't win, it was because Jibbby jinxed it.
    Miri pal, I have no jinxing powers and you know this.. If Gus loses it's because he sucks ass and DC is a beast.. If DC loses it's because he's short, fat, getting older and slower and couldn't grapple fock Gus.. It's just that simple

This is what happened when DC got tired late in a 5 rounder.. Ended up on his back with a stupid look on his face..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-15 at 10:16 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    That said, not trying to kill anyone's dog hopes.

I think Derrick Lewis, Francisco Trevino, Alan Jouban and Ali Bagautinov have a chance of hitting on the ML.

Trevino's opponent is only 19 years old and has never fought anybody or been tested, all his wins are against 21-33 negative win record competition. Derrick Lewis looked good in his last fight with Shawn Jordan even if he did lose. Alan Jouban is solid everywhere and might've been robbed of the decision win in his fight with Warley Alves, another top tier striker like Tumenov. Jouban could be undefeated thus far in his UFC career with some good finishes. Ali Bagautinov is another crazy dude from Dagestan Russia with tons of wrestling and sambo cred.

There is potential for upsets thar.

I think in preparation for his fight with Jones, Gustafsson was training his boxing with the Klitschkos. At some point Jon Jones recognized that and decided he was going to work mostly on his boxing leading up to the fight. When the fight came around Jones wrestling wasn't up to par because he spent most of his camp focusing on boxing and hadn't realized Gustafsson could wrestle. The last time anyone saw Gustafsson wrestle in the UFC before he fought Jones, he was getting ragdolled and dominated by Phil Davis. Everyone thought Gustafsson wasn't a good wrestler up until that point and didn't realize how much he had improved until after Jon Jones had trouble getting Gustafsson down.

Things could be a bit different now that people are more aware of what Gustafsson brings to the table. Or maybe it wouldn't make a difference if Jones prepared his wrestling more instead of focusing on his boxing so much. We might have to wait for a rematch to really see what's up.

That would be cool if Gustafsson won. But I've bet against DC when he fought Anthony Johnson and I've bet against DC in some other fights and he's always proven me wrong. Maybe its time to try something different.
    Youre wrong on the northcut vs trevino fight. hes given a favourable matchup, hes more athletic, faster, and is the bigger talent. How does trevino win? by sub, nope, ko, common, not at all, maybe a decision, but nah.. cant see it happenig. Hes a good mma figher, leave this hes 19, his black/blonde/asian- bullshit behind. Skill is what matters, and sages is better that trevino covito ergo sum he wins, thats all.

Sanity Check

The only thing I would say about that gif is DC didn't get the takedown because it was the 3rd round and all those body shots Jones landed in the first 2 frames took away his mojo. Almost every top 10 or top 20 fighter in the UFC brings in olympic wrestlers, boxers, etc as training partners at some point. Even guys outside the top 20 do it. Not sure if Gustafsson doint it is noteworthy, it might just be something they threw in there to make people think Gustafsson has a chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Youre wrong on the northcut vs trevino fight. hes given a favourable matchup, hes more athletic, faster, and is the bigger talent. How does trevino win? by sub, nope, ko, common, not at all, maybe a decision, but nah.. cant see it happenig. Hes a good mma figher, leave this hes 19, his black/blonde/asian- bullshit behind. Skill is what matters, and sages is better that trevino covito ergo sum he wins, thats all.
    I'm not convinced Sage Northcutt is the next Paige VanZant.

Anyone can look like a god beating up lower level competition. Northcutt has never been tested, he's never fought anyone that has more wins than losses in their record. Trevino will be the biggest test Northcutt has faced in his entire fighting career. Being 19, having 5 pro fights with only 2-3 years of MMA experience and not training with high level guys Northcutt has to have holes in his game and maybe some immaturity a veteran like Trevino might capitalize on. I wouldn't bet the farm on Trevino winning, but wouldn't be surprised if the 19 year old Northcutt crumbled under the pressure or realized at some point he was in over his head and needed to make adjustments to compete at the highest level in the UFC.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well let's see how these fights go down.. Like I said I'm hoping half or more of the dog plays land with this event.. I do think this is one of the more dog heavy cards for the year. I'm playing it as such... Excited!!!!

The dog parlays will be flying in every direction.. Just a preview of a small lotto parlay play that I have pending.. Gonna have a bunch of these dog combination parlays riding. This is just one of them I threw down 2 weeks ago..

327893492-1 9/15/15 1:23am $8.29 $1,091.61 Pending 4 Team Parlay
    Pending 10/3/15 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1002 Alexander Gustafsson +305* vs Daniel Cormier
    Pending 10/3/15 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1102 Tyron Woodley +250* vs Johny Hendricks
    Pending 10/3/15 10:30pm UFC Fighting 9999 Ryan Bader +140* vs Rashard Evans
    Pending 10/3/15 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1501 Ali Bagautinov +290* vs Joseph Benavidez

Let's see those dogs bark!!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-15 at 05:33 PM.

Sanity Check

For laughs I got.

Frank Trevino/Derrick Lewis/Adriano Martins/Alan Jouban/Johny Hendricks/Ruslan Magomedov/Julianna Pena/Ali Bagautinov
    $2 to win $1,580

Might have to go heavier on Trevino later to prove to myself that I'm not all talk.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

if bigday is on gus than dc is a lock

bigday please give us warning on your plays

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Big day is gonna back the wrastler

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    The only thing I would say about that gif is DC didn't get the takedown because it was the 3rd round and all those body shots Jones landed in the first 2 frames took away his mojo. Almost every top 10 or top 20 fighter in the UFC brings in olympic wrestlers, boxers, etc as training partners at some point. Even guys outside the top 20 do it. Not sure if Gustafsson doint it is noteworthy, it might just be something they threw in there to make people think Gustafsson has a chance of winning.

I'm not convinced Sage Northcutt is the next Paige VanZant.

Anyone can look like a god beating up lower level competition. Northcutt has never been tested, he's never fought anyone that has more wins than losses in their record. Trevino will be the biggest test Northcutt has faced in his entire fighting career. Being 19, having 5 pro fights with only 2-3 years of MMA experience and not training with high level guys Northcutt has to have holes in his game and maybe some immaturity a veteran like Trevino might capitalize on. I wouldn't bet the farm on Trevino winning, but wouldn't be surprised if the 19 year old Northcutt crumbled under the pressure or realized at some point he was in over his head and needed to make adjustments to compete at the highest level in the UFC.

But you dont need to see people fight for championship belts. You can just estimate, from the way he goes for a takedown, the way he throw punches etc, that his guy is better. The way he kicks the way he throw punches the way he moves, has nothing to do with the people he has faced. He will still be the same athletic slick moving target that trevino still will noe be able to hit. I mean, common. If you see a black guy run really really fast...do you need to confirm by looking at the watch, to find out if hes faster than a fat retard whos limping next to you? They havent met.......but what do you think is going to happen if the two compete against another? The analogy fits perfect, you just need to let go of this ohh hes 19, of ufc jitters bla bla. The guy f loves to compete, hes like a dog after a bone, guys crazy!!

By logic, ufc also dont care for trevino. Ufc always cheers the talented potential star, thats why they give favourable matchup. Like they always do, just think back, when did the last talented guy in the ufc loose as a favaourite in a debut? Correct, never happens. Weidman, conor, gunny, jimmye rivera, machkachev, carlos diego ferreira - dig deeper into this statistic, you will be shocked to see the numbers...absolutely shocked.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

My thoughts...
    Rashad and Bader are almost even odds. Both have similar styles. Both will be cautious. Davis took Bader down a little. Rashad out wrestled Davis the entire fight BUT both fights were a while ago. I think whoever prepared better will win. I can't make a pick here - maybe small on Bader.

I like the odds/value on Woodley. Johnny has had the most trouble fighting other good wrestlers.

I also like Gus. It was interesting to see Gus take JJ down but Cormier couldn't. I don't think JJ prepared well for his fight with Gus and also didn't expect to be taken down. Yeah AJ finished Gus but Gus is the better fighter while AJ is much more dangerous early.

If you bet 1 unit on Woodley and 1 unit on Gus and only one wins, you're still going to win 1.5 - 2 units.

Oh and bet the house on Pena. I think she can beat Ronda within 2 years.
    Last edited by CaptChaos145; 10-01-15 at 06:36 PM.

mirinquads

BJPENN get's it. If you know what you're looking at, you can deduct how this guy will do, even against a better guy. Maybe he will get pushed in a way he hasn't before, or crumble under the big lights, but he won't get worse technically etc. This literally never happens if you look back, its just some meme being pushed in the betting community for some reason. " OMFG we gotta see him against better competition, or we can't judge anything!!!" - Probably Lucy Fury's fault.. idiot parrots this all the time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^^Bader probably will be the better MMA wrestling and maybe even better striker in this fight.. Octagon rust is real.. You've heard fighters say this in the past.. 2 years now for Rashad Evans...

Ya gotta be a cool, calm and collected fighter to shake off the rust, Rashad is losing it in interviews leading up and showing the opposite IMO.... Rashad is clearly rattled and unsure of his self right now.. He's jumping right into the deep waters with this fight.. I think he should have taken an easier tune up fight first. He's an aging fighter and has to go for it now or never so I understand...

Gotta ride the hot fighter that's been more active and on a current winning streak.. Hello McFly!! That would be Ryan Bader!!

Bader has shown continued improvement with his striking...

Gonna be a tough night for Sugar me tinks...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-15 at 07:25 PM.

ffffffff
    ffffffff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    My thoughts...
    Rashad and Bader are almost even odds. Both have similar styles. Both will be cautious. Davis took Bader down a little. Rashad out wrestled Davis the entire fight BUT both fights were a while ago. I think whoever prepared better will win. I can't make a pick here - maybe small on Bader.

I like the odds/value on Woodley. Johnny has had the most trouble fighting other good wrestlers.

I also like Gus. It was interesting to see Gus take JJ down but Cormier couldn't. I don't think JJ prepared well for his fight with Gus and also didn't expect to be taken down. Yeah AJ finished Gus but Gus is the better fighter while AJ is much more dangerous early.

If you bet 1 unit on Woodley and 1 unit on Gus and only one wins, you're still going to win 1.5 - 2 units.

Oh and bet the house on Pena. I think she can beat Ronda within 2 years.
    Wow. Is Pena that much better than Eye ? Btw, I know the odds.
    I think if Eye keeps good distance from Pena, then Eye will win with a decision.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    Wow. Is Pena that much better than Eye ? Btw, I know the odds.
    I think if Eye keeps good distance from Pena, then Eye will win with a decision.
    Sure, and Tyrone Woodley will beat Hendricks if he choose to strike with variety and not loose his cool. Good luck betting Einstein!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^^^^Bader probably will be the better MMA wrestling and maybe even better striker in this fight.. Octagon rust is real.. You've heard fighters say this in the past.. 2 years now for Rashad Evans...

Ya gotta be a cool, calm and collected fighter to shake off the rust, Rashad is losing it in interviews leading up and showing the opposite IMO.... Rashad is clearly rattled and unsure of his self right now.. He's jumping right into the deep waters with this fight.. I think he should have taken an easier tune up fight first. He's an aging fighter and has to go for it now or never so I understand...

Gotta ride the hot fighter that's been more active and on a current winning streak.. Hello McFly!! That would be Ryan Bader!!

Bader has shown continued improvement with his striking...

Gonna be a tough night for Sugar me tinks...
    have to think it is going to be a very tough round 1 at the very least. Hasn't fought in a long time.

mirinquads

Bader looked wooden as ever striking with Davis. Weird footwork too. Gotta have to use his size here.

UncleChael

Rashad Evans might be the play, boys.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Cormier has good wrestling.

UncleChael

Good night, Ryan Bader.

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Cormier has good wrestling.
    Gunshard?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Good fight, Ryan Bader.
    Fixed..

Rashad is gonna get smashed Unc so don't throw away money like that!!!... This will be white boy day!!!.. Gus wins too.. There will however be a Derrick Lewis black guy win siting, so maybe it won't be completely white boy day after all..

UncleChael

Rashad can put out Bader, whenever he wants.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rashad can put out Bader, whenever he wants.
    Don't do it man, ya know better then this...

First 12345 ... Last