JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Just because Fransisco Rivera looked good in knocking out the taller goofy can in Bruce "El Roy" Leroy, don't think it's gonna be the same story against the much different fighter in John Lineker.. We'll see though???.. My money is on the veteran in Johnny boy..

Rivera got smoked by Uriah Faber before that.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francisco-Rivera-11908#!

Come on fellas you aren't giving John Lineker enough credit.. JL has never been KO'd in his 32 pro MMA fights.. I don't think Rivera is gonna be the first to knock him out anyways..

Rivera is tough though and brings it...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-25-15 at 10:57 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I think Ross Pearson is a very good live dog here. he lost a split to Barboza 4 years ago but Barboza's game is pretty much the same as it was. Felder does not have heavy hands. If he catches you with some spinning stuff then yeah but his strength is his kicks. Neither guy will want to go to the ground.
    LMAO. good luck with that.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Rivera got smoked by Uriah Faber before that.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francisco-Rivera-11908#!
    5'8 Rivera vs 5'2 Lineker.

You can tell Joe Silva made that fight.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 08-25-15 at 11:30 PM.

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

Just because Fransisco Rivera looked good in knocking out the taller goofy can in Bruce "El Roy" Leroy, don't think it's gonna be the same story against the much different fighter in John Lineker.. We'll see though???.. My money is on the veteran in Johnny boy..

Come on fellas you aren't giving John Lineker enough credit.. JL has never been KO'd in his 32 pro MMA fights.. I don't think Rivera is gonna be the first to knock him out anyways..

Rivera did not get smoked by Faber. Rivera won the 1st round, Faber only won in the 2nd because of a blatant eye poke

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i not sure jibs actually watches the fights. seems like the typical wiki capper

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

No he didn't get smoked by Uriah Faber. He actually was handily beating Uriah until Faber tried to dig out his eyeball, then choked him out while he was screaming in pain, while Yamasaki was contemplating if he should get skim or regular milk.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Arlovski will murder mir lol...not a chance here jibby his bs run is over
    pretty sure you have said that the last 2 Mir fights..if you can't beat em, join em
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    i not sure jibs actually watches the fights. seems like the typical wiki capper
    No I've never seen any of the fights, I don't even know who these guys are? What is this sport of MMA you speak of? Come on GetLucky I've seen both of these guys fight for years now..

Yeah Rivera has the slight reach but won't fight long as he's a banger, Yeah Rivera is tough as nails and is tough out, etc... still Lineker is the more polished fighter IMO and he is the slight favorite going into this fight for a reason, because he's the better fighter.. Like Chad Mendes JL finds ways to win his fights despite his height disadvantage...

We'll see how this one goes down gents? I bet $120 to win $100 on Lineker, didn't load up because I think it will be a close fight..

I got Lineker winning it by decision as well as a prop play for small... The over 2.5 at -115 isn't a bad bet either IMO....

1607 Lineker wins by 3 round decision +320
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-15 at 12:32 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I wonder if Joe Silva make the Lineker vs Rivera fight because Joe Silva is short and takes personal pleasure in making david vs goliath fights where the short guy destroys his far taller adversary.

Or did the UFC make Lineker vs Rivera hoping Rivera would demolish Lineker and get him serious about making weight.

Maybe a little of both?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Mir could not have fought 2 worse people....his run is OVER...and yes I did fade him ....and will again....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    pretty sure you have said that the last 2 Mir fights..if you can't beat em, join em

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Mir could not have fought 2 worse people....his run is OVER...and yes I did fade him ....and will again....
    in my view, both these guys could easily KO the other so I'll take the dog.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I like your simple logic Jake.. My thoughts exactly with the AA and Mir matchup...

I'd like AA as a fan to win the fight but my money is on Mir.. Big fan of AA and his comeback for a while now...

Hit this a while back... Line is currently at +145 on 5Dimes..

$213.70 $352.60 Pending 9/5/15 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1101 Frank Mir +165* vs Andrei Arlovski

JAKEPEAVY21

I like your simple logic Jake.. My thoughts exactly with the AA and Mir matchup...

I'd like AA as a fan to win the fight but my money is on Mir.. Big fan of AA and his comeback for a while now...

Hit this a while back... Line is currently at +145 on 5Dimes..

$213.70 $352.60 Pending 9/5/15 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1101 Frank Mir +165* vs Andrei Arlovski
    and that is standing..if Mir drags him to the ground, AA in a world of hurt..

mirinquads

That won't happen, however.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Anybody got an angle on the Cory Anderson vs Jan Blachowicz fight? Just trying to cap this now but it's tricky.. I'm drawing blanks so far on this match up???

Both guys are nothing special IMO.. Nothing stands out either way... Jan Blachowicz by decision maybe?

UFC 191 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 9/5 1301 Corey Anderson +130 o2½ -155
    10:30PM 1302 Jan Blachowicz -150 u2½ +135

Jan Blachowicz vs Jimi Manuwa his last fight.. A treat it's up on Youtube... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jan-Blachowicz-25821

I think Rumble beats Jimi Manuwa by the way.. Maybe even knocks him out...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Michael Sam?

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

One is far, far more likely tho. Mir is a fine striker against people who underestimate him like Kongo or duffe. Speaking of mir looked terrible in that fight.

beastballs86
    beastballs86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    5'8 Rivera vs 5'2 Lineker.

You can tell Joe Silva made that fight.
    terrible

beastballs86
    beastballs86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Anybody got an angle on the Cory Anderson vs Jan Blachowicz fight? Just trying to cap this now but it's tricky.. I'm drawing blanks so far on this match up???

Both guys are nothing special IMO.. Nothing stands out either way... Jan Blachowicz by decision maybe?

<small>UFC 191 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV </small>
    Sat 9/5 1301 Corey Anderson <input id="editx" name="M1_3" size="4"> +130 <input id="editx" name="L1_3" size="4"> o2½ -155
    10:30PM 1302 Jan Blachowicz <input id="editx" name="M2_3" size="4"> -150 <input id="editx" name="L2_3" size="4"> u2½ +135

Jan Blachowicz vs Jimi Manuwa his last fight.. A treat it's up on Youtube... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jan-Blachowicz-25821

I think Rumble beats Jimi Manuwa by the way.. Maybe even knocks him out...
    under 2.5

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Mighty Mouse Johnson by decision ... Lock it up, Lock it up, lock it up...lock it up! Dodson is going to smashed for 25 minutes. : )
    Last edited by UncleChael; 08-27-15 at 05:17 PM.

mirinquads

Probably more like gently tapped about the body and head and taken down for 25 minutes.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Probably more like gently tapped about the body and head and taken down for 25 minutes.
    It's a beautiful thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Am I the only one that feels the main event should be shown in the early prelims instead? So many better fights leading up other then Might Mouse vs Dodson scrap...

Mouse and Dodson is going the distance is all I know...

1003 Dodson / Johnson goes 5 round distance -170

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

dodson is not smart enough to win this fight. mighty mouse easy

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Very surprised to see support for Mir here. He has looked soft as hell in his last several fights and was very fortunate to pull off a couple of KO's in the first minute. Todd Duffy has terrible defense and a glass jaw (take a look at the Mike Russow finish) and Big Foot lost his TRT after taking a HUGE amount of damage in his fights with Cain/Hunt/Arlovski.

His four fights before that were all losses and I'd say his last impressive win was over Crocop in 2010. I'm a big fan of Mir and have loved the guy for a long time, but he has a very difficult time with technical strikers. Greg Jackson is going to keep Arlovski on the move early and try to take this fight out of the first round. My bet is that he succeeds and Arlovski finishes in side control with hammer fists in the second.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    dodson is not smart enough to win this fight. mighty mouse easy

Agreed!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

True but arlovski has more skills 100%....he has fought way better fighters and got the W....tougher as well....

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    Very surprised to see support for Mir here. He has looked soft as hell in his last several fights and was very fortunate to pull off a couple of KO's in the first minute. Todd Duffy has terrible defense and a glass jaw (take a look at the Mike Russow finish) and Big Foot lost his TRT after taking a HUGE amount of damage in his fights with Cain/Hunt/Arlovski.

His four fights before that were all losses and I'd say his last impressive win was over Crocop in 2010. I'm a big fan of Mir and have loved the guy for a long time, but he has a very difficult time with technical strikers. Greg Jackson is going to keep Arlovski on the move early and try to take this fight out of the first round. My bet is that he succeeds and Arlovski finishes in side control with hammer fists in the second.
    Yep. People still think Arlovski has a bad chin. Arlovski has quicker and better boxing, and more punching power. I don't know if people are expecting Mir to take Arlovski down, but AA has some of, if not the best TDD in the HW division.

Mir might have more confidence in his standup now, but he isn't fighting Duffee that will flail at him like he's a fifth grade girl, or TRT, chinless Bigfoot here.

Awful matchup for Mir.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Yep. People still think Arlovski has a bad chin. Arlovski has quicker and better boxing, and more punching power. I don't know if people are expecting Mir to take Arlovski down, but AA has some of, if not the best TDD in the HW division.

Mir might have more confidence in his standup now, but he isn't fighting Duffee that will flail at him like he's a fifth grade girl, or TRT, chinless Bigfoot here.

Awful matchup for Mir.
    Still, its a heavycan fight! Everything can and can happen ! penetrating cans!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

AA hasn't fought and beat anyone with Mir's quickness and improved boxing.. Mir probably hits harder and sports a better chin.. He will be the more potent fighter early on.. I've never seen Mir out cold and unconscious from one standing punch or kick, have seen AA put down several times like a baby that needs a nap... Chin strength favors Mir...

Gotta take the dog Mir on odds value alone...

I'm looking at Mir wins in round round 1 prop and by KO..

Flip side - I do think if the fight extends that favors AA... I'm sure AA has better cardio then Mir... AA most likely pathway to victory is by KO so wait for that prop for best value....

UncleChael

Frank Murr won't do s****. This is AA fight to win, the UFC should've made him fight Stipe. Two easy wins for theses guys. The UFC is clearly giving them their easiest respectable match up, that they both should win, and they're the better fighters.

UncleChael

I always eat my words, somehow. But I think these guys should get it done.

mirinquads

AA hasn't fought and beat anyone with Mir's quickness and improved boxing.. Mir probably hits harder and sports a better chin.. He will be the more potent fighter early on.. I've never seen Mir out cold and unconscious from one standing punch or kick, have seen AA put down several times like a baby that needs a nap... Chin strength favors Mir...

Gotta take the dog Mir on odds value alone...

I'm looking at Mir wins in round round 1 prop and by KO..

Flip side - I do think if the fight extends that favors AA... I'm sure AA has better cardio then Mir... AA most likely pathway to victory is by KO so wait for that prop for best value....
    No, and no.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Arlovski is the play to make, I'm letting the public bet that one down, before I place my bet.

Johnson and Felder are both locks!!!!

gonna make small plays on Dodson by decision and Dodson by KO.

Beside that, the rest of the card sucks for betting, should be some good fights though.

First 12345 ... Last