JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    See, that's at total fallacy. Tibau's wrestling is some of the best/most explosive in the division, and he couldn't get MJ down. Last part of your post is just dribble.

I can appreciate some proper discussion about the fight, but that's not what you're bringing to the table. - If it hits the ground though, MJ is in trouble.
    Did Tibau really even try to take MJ down in that fight?.. I remember he just tried to stand with him and then got caught.. Tibau has 11 losses on his record, Daruish has just 1.. Safe to say Daruish is a better fighter then Tibau.. Poor comparison Miri...

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Jibbby, i told you you need to watch the whole fight, not a gif of the finish.

And whether Tibau is a worse fighter than Dariush is besides the point, as he no doubt has the better wrestling, and that's what we are talking about here. I can't believe I have to point stuff like this out to you people. This game is all about styles.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby, i told you you need to watch the whole fight, not a gif of the finish.

And whether Tibau is a worse fighter than Dariush is besides the point, as he no doubt has the better wrestling, and that's what we are talking about here. I can't believe I have to point stuff like this out to you people. This game is all about styles.
    Styles do make match ups but comparing Tibau to Daruish is just silly, wrestling or not.. Completely different styles standing and or grappling.. Dariush might even pull guard on the strike friendly Blackzillian if need be.. Daruish is more slick and crafty with his take downs unlike Tibau.. Sets them up better I believe.. You should have seen this Miri if you watch Daruish in recent fights, come on man..

MJ has weak ground, even his top game is crap.. Daruish by clinic if it hits the ground..

Good luck with MJ but as a dog I'm going with Daruish..

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I have given up discussing these things with you a long time ago Jibbby, as you're just too dense to understand it. Have never compared Tibau to Dariush as a fighter, OR said that I'm betting MJ, these are things you fabricate in your head.
    And Dariush ability to bring the fight to the ground is not as good as Tibau's that's just a fact.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Daruish by sub prop is gonna be my call on a small side bet in this fight..

MJ has lost 6 times via submission.. He also went to decision with Joe Lauson and Barboza recently so he's probably not gonna knock out Daruish either.. Fact boys... Check for yourself - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788

Tibau sucks and Daruish is a better version of Joe Lauson if we want to continue to compare fighters.. Daruish I think will get to MJ in the clinch..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-04-15 at 04:14 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Combat press event picks and main card review is now out.. Mixed picks with these clowns... Shows just how close these fights actually are on the entire card..

Can't believe both these guys picked Camozzi over Tom Watson.. I'm slowly losing respect for these guys picks... Comozzi is really garbage.. I guess Tom Watson is as well though... Dog with the least amount of fleas is Tom Watson

http://combatpress.com/2015/08/toe-t...d-predictions/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-04-15 at 04:49 PM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Combat press event picks and main card review is now out.. Mixed picks with these clowns... Shows just how close these fights actually are on the entire card..

Can't believe both these guys picked Camozzi over Tom Watson.. I'm slowly losing respect for these guys picks... Comozzi is really garbage.. I guess Tom Watson is as well though... Dog with the least amount of fleas is Tom Watson

http://combatpress.com/2015/08/toe-t...d-predictions/
    its a split decision either way, I'd lean to chris very slightly, but won't lay the odds in such a close fight, the play to make is the over 2.5 rounds.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    its a split decision either way, I'd lean to chris very slightly, but won't lay the odds in such a close fight, the play to make is the over 2.5 rounds.
    Agreed per my post #12 on this thread with the over landing. Odds are stiff though as it opened at -225.. Still the smartest play for this fight...

Line jumped to -250 now.. Just in a days time..

UFC Fight Night 73 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, Tennessee
    Sat 8/8 1401 Tom Watson +135 o2½ -250
    10:30PM 1402 Chris Camozzi -155 u2½ +210

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Dariush plus money is a solid bet. MJ has improved but Dariush is the better all around fighter. Don't see a finish but by UD.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Unwritten Law 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

OSP vs GLOV is a 5 round fight.. I do think someone is gonna get finished before the end of that 5th round!!! OSP sports the better jaw IMO...

Note - OSP has KO'd his last 2 opponents in grand fashion and that's gotta give him some confidence going into this fight.. He also showed good cardio in the Patrick Cummins KO win last fight.. OSP has been the more active fighter out of the 2 lately... I'm thinking OSP rocks a tired out Glover Tex late and then finishes him... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ovince-St-Preux-38842

OSP by KO is my call as mentioned in Josh's thread..

Pending8/8/15 11:30pm Props Fighting 1037 Saint Preux wins by TKO/KO +175* vs Any other result

* My logic behind the KO prop in this hypothetical illustration below of possible things to come - Oh and yes OSP is a southy...

Glover leaves his chin exposed like this it will be lights out if OSP connects..

OSP has a very good left hook just like the one Maldonaldo landed.. Shogun found that out the hard way...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-04-15 at 07:31 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

UncleChael

OSP vs GLOV is a 5 round fight.. I do think someone is gonna get finished before the end of that 5th round!!! OSP sports the better jaw IMO...

Note - OSP has KO'd his last 2 opponents in grand fashion and that's gotta give him some confidence going into this fight.. He also showed good cardio in the Patrick Cummins KO win last fight.. OSP has been the more active fighter out of the 2 lately... I'm thinking OSP rocks a tired out Glover Tex late and then finishes him... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ovince-St-Preux-38842

OSP by KO is my call as mentioned in Josh's thread..

Pending8/8/15 11:30pm Props Fighting 1037 Saint Preux wins by TKO/KO +175* vs Any other result

* My logic behind the KO prop in this hypothetical illustration below of possible things to come - Oh and yes OSP is a southy...

Glover leaves his chin exposed like this it will be lights out if OSP connects..

OSP has a very good left hook just like the one Maldonaldo landed.. Shogun found that out the hard way...

Who threw that skateboard in there?

UncleChael

Taking all the black guys on this event and not looking back, even Willie Gates.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Who threw that skateboard in there?
    IDK? That wasn't me Unc.. LOL'ing!!! I did-int post that gif with the skateboard thrown in...
    SBR has has some top secret master ninja editing at work I see... I love it!!!

UncleChael

IDK? That wasn't me Unc.. LOL'ing!!! I did-int post that gif with the skateboard thrown in...
    SBR has has some top secret master ninja editing at work I see... I love it!!!
    Haha .. also looks like Joe Silva is pretty happy in the back.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Taking all the black guys on this event and not looking back, even Willie Gates.
    I'm with ya on this except for MJ!!!.. Black power event!!!!

$50.00 $180.00 Pending 8/8/15 8:30pm UFC Fighting 1801 Willie Gates +360* vs Dustin Ortiz

$200.00 $230.00 Pending 8/8/15 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1001 Ovince Saint Preux +115* vs Glover Teixeira

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Bleacher reports - Prelims preview and predictions.. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rd-predictions

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

LIVE DOG here: Bamgbose over Hall. The line has moved. Bamgbose is a +300 - +350 dog. Go small on him.

I know people that have seen his fights live, know him, etc... and these same people know hall. They both came from ROC (ring of combat.) People are betting on Hall cause they know nothing about Bamgbose.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

See, that's at total fallacy. Tibau's wrestling is some of the best/most explosive in the division, and he couldn't get MJ down. Last part of your post is just dribble.

I can appreciate some proper discussion about the fight, but that's not what you're bringing to the table. - If it hits the ground though, MJ is in trouble.
    Ok what part of my post about Tibau is a fallacy... that he's a solid journeyman and/or 5 of his last 9 wins have been split decisions?

He's 17-9 in the UFC - not many fighters have that many fights but he has never been in line for a title shot cause he can't step up when he needs to. he's a solid journeyman. he only has 5 finishes out of 26 fights and not 1 of those fighters he finished was good. he really hasn't imporoved much. he's the same dude we've always seen. he's had some nice fights. For example his fight with Khabib was very close.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    LIVE DOG here: Bamgbose over Hall. The line has moved. Bamgbose is a +300 - +350 dog. Go small on him.

I know people that have seen his fights live, know him, etc... and these same people know hall. They both came from ROC (ring of combat.) People are betting on Hall cause they know nothing about Bamgbose.
    He certainly has a punchers chance... He comes out swinging for the fences in his fights I'll give him that much...

Bleacher report on Bamgbose - (copy and paste)

Capping off the prelims are the middleweights, as late replacement Oluwale Bamgbose looks to make a successful debut against Uriah Hall. Bamgbose steps up for Joe Riggs, who suffered an injury late in training camp.
    Hall is notorious for his freakish athleticism, explosive striking and flashiness with his techniques. He is also a good defender of takedowns, which allows him to stand up and look to decapitate opponents.
    He should be on a four-fight winning streak, but he dropped a controversial decision to Rafael Natal in his most recent affair. Before said loss, he was a wrecking machine, besting the likes of Chris Leben, Thiago Santos and Ron Stallings.
    As for Bamgbose, he is a power striker as well, though he does not have the technical gifts or athleticism of Hall. He is a headhunter who constantly goes for the knockout, making him a feared opponent when he enters the cage.
    Bamgbose can knock anybody out, but he's not superior athletically or technically to Hall. Hall will avoid the aggressive bombs early to wear on Bamgbose and finish him down the stretch.
    Prediction: Hall def. Bamgbose via TKO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^Capt you're right about alot of people not knowing Bamgbose except for maybe his 2 or 3 youtube vids and his short but impressive fight record... Dude is a ghost and pretty much off the radar.. I don't think the bleacher report writers even know much about him either based on what I'm reading.....

In all honesty I think Uriah Hall probably schools this raw unknown but I'll try him because he's got nads and comes out swinging hard... He also thinks he's a spiritual warrior for God as he remains undefeated. That combination could be powerful in itself for fighters..

+335 for small it is - but the smarter play is to wait for the Bangbose by KO prop for much better value.. Dude is coming in on short notice, all wins by 1st round KO, so he is probably not going to win by decision or sub out Hall.. This fight most likely doesn't go to decision IMO. The under rounds bet is very tempting also at +120 as it covers both fighters win or lose for half the fight.....

UFC Fight Night 73 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, Tennessee
    Sat 8/8 1601 Oluwale Bamgbose +335 o1½ -140
    9:30PM 1602 Uriah Hall -420 u1½ +120

His work out vid.. It's kinda suspect and weak.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-05-15 at 12:07 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Props are all out now!!! Time to do some valued prop fishing gents.....

This is what I have nailed down so far and why - $25 and $50 plays... All + odds...

(Christodoulou Renzo Gracy school trained and the most likely pathway to victory if he wins this fight is by sub) Odds were large and taking a shot for small..
    Pending8/8/15 6:30pm Props Fighting 2231 Christodoulou wins by submission +1890* vs Any other result

(If Nunes wins it's probably gonna happen before the final bell and not by decision against the stronger grappler McCann)
    Pending8/8/15 9:00pm Props Fighting 1705 Nunes wins inside distance +325* vs Not Nunes inside distance

(Bamgbose is a slugger by nature and he has finished all his fights by KO thus far) Going with the trend....
    Pending8/8/15 9:30pm Props Fighting 1629 Bamgbose wins by TKO/KO +725* vs Any other result

(This fight goes the distance and I think Tom Watson out works Chris Canozzi standing)
    Pending8/8/15 10:30pm Props Fighting 1407 Watson wins by 3 round decision +210* vs Not Watson by 3 round decision

(Johnson the big man snuffs Jared Rosholts take downs late and then drops him standing just like Derrick Lewis did, most likely pathway to victory for Johnson anyways)
    Pending8/8/15 11:00pm Props Fighting 1329 Johnson wins by TKO/KO +385* vs Any other result

(Brunson fought top notch comp lately and this will be to big of a step up in competition for Sam Alvey to handle, Sam Alvey gets pounded out or knocked out is my best guess)
    Pending8/8/15 11:30pm Props Fighting 1233 Brunson wins by TKO/KO +210* vs Any other result

(Daruish has the much better ground game over MJ enough said)
    Pending8/8/15 11:00pm Props Fighting 1127 Dariush wins by submission +375* vs Any other result

(OSP 2 straight wins by KO and trying to make it 3rd straight, Glover Tex is getting rocked standing in every fight lately and I'm thinking his luck finally runs out against the heavy hitting south paw)
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-05-15 at 07:00 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm tailing Jibby. Guy is an SBR Pro.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I'm tailing Jibby. Guy is an SBR Pro.
    Just trying to play in the big leagues now like you BIGDAY. Hope I'm worthy....

Tail at own risk bud as I'm just going with the dogs and dog scenarios in this event and hoping for the best... Just sharing thoughts and props that's all....

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

^^
    In all honesty I think Uriah Hall probably schools this raw unknown
    this lept out at me...when's the last time--since his hi-light real finish in a TUF-episode fight--that Uriah Hall's "schooled" anyone or even lived up to a fraction of all the hype unleashed by that...

he was supposed to have schooled KG in the final, and no real reason why he didn't athleticism-wise...just didn't show up, same in his next fight against Howard who they were feeding to him to get his train back on track...again, "all sizzle, no steak "...rinse/lather/repeat...flat as piss on a plate performances...

the guy's fights should be the most exciting on the card...but then this
    black version of Cathal Pendred seems to show up...but Cathal clearly isn't capable of anything explosive so we expect plodding affairs...but with Uriah, its as if all his potential explosiveness has been inexplicably doused...he's got wins, and he's got losses, but i can't recall him looking athletically, explosively beastly in any of them...yet it's the first thing all the pundits pull out to pad their pre-fight "analysis" of one of his fights...a direct response to a very remarkable thing he did once a while back...and hasn't shown any tendency to reproduce since

the guy tweets all aggressive and beastly to his opponents pre-fight...but then inexplicably fights with a weird "where am i...i think i'm supposed to win this...ok, let's give it a whirl" detachedness, zero IQ and no killer-instinct, not the slightest sense of urgency or even purpose...

guy is gifted athletically, but what goes on "between the ears" wastes all that potential...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-06-15 at 07:05 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

Luca Fury

Johnson/Borg

Teixeira

Borg/Brunson/Ortiz
    Points Awarded:

KingHawkins gave Giroux 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fitguy^Initial thoughts were that Uriah Hall even though he's nothing special still holds the huge experience advantage and probably has more tools to win this fight against the raw new comer coming in on short notice..

In regards to my comment Hall probably schools this kid - it was more about his opponent being really bad then Uriah Hall being really good... Then I started to think along the same lines as you Fit... Ultimately I came to the final conclusion that Hall was maybe worth the fade try in this match up... Thought of the most likely way Bangbose could win this fight and then went with the Bangbose Ko prop at +725 for maximum value..

It still really all depends just how good or bad Bangbose really is coming in on short notice, how raw he is with only 5 pro fights, can he handle Hall if the fight hits the ground, and lastly is he going to have those big lights UFC Octagon jitters for the first time?.. Oh and will he gas after a round if it lasts as he's never gone past the 1st round in previous fights..??http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Oluwale-Bamgbose-103153
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-06-15 at 11:27 AM.

siefer
    siefer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I am liking Dariush for this fight...

fitguy67

^Jibs, 100% agree...that's why above i never once referred to Bamgbose, or to the matchup...just to the idea that Hall is generally explosive...that hi-light reel finish demonstrated a potential (in a matchup with sub-UFC material) a while back...but he's never since managed to produce anything remotely like it, even in fights where he was supposed to style...

a lot like other "words on the street" such as Barbosa's crystal chin which we definitely did see against Cowboy on a jab...but haven't seen it in his fights since...but once we get the idea of something, and look for/bet on it...and it doesn't re-occur...it really might have been a "fluke" (literally a very RARE type of fish showing up in a net)...

i don't auto-buy Barbosa has a Gray-Maynard chin anymore...and i certainly don't buy Hall's explosivity...(as the athleticism it requires seems awkward--as if emotionally, he seems reluctant to use it to violent ends)...Both Barbosa and Hall have now had ample opportunity to re-demonstrate these characteristics several times since the incident upon which their reputation is built...and both failed miserably (good for Barboza--the truly habitually-explosive one of the pair...)

Hall's deserved reputation now is that of a highly-athletic but slightly awkward knucklehead who gets lost in the experience of a fight and can easier-than-most register an L against someone he's considerably better than)...

as a bettor, i like how the reputations of Hall's explosivity and Barbosa's glass-chin die so slowly...Edson should have put those to bed now against Johnson and Felder...while Hall's succession of Pendred-style performances should have as well...

you're right, whether a bet on Bamgbose in some form is worth its apparently-wonderful sticker-price depends on how he'll do in a big step-up in class over the few cans he's smashed...not a fight worthy of a large-dollar stake IMO (but that doesn't rule out large-dollar payouts, does it?...to a connoisseur of prop bets, such as yourself)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-06-15 at 04:48 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

After talking with OSP.....he is the play....Cardio on Point....Guy is good to go....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    After talking with OSP.....he is the play....Cardio on Point....Guy is good to go....
    I agree OSP is the call, gonna try these finishing round props as I think OSP will drop him late in the fight myself...

$10.00 $197.50 Pending 8/8/15 11:30pm Props Fighting 1023 Saint Preux wins in round 5 +1975* vs Any other result
    $10.00 $130.00 Pending 8/8/15 11:30pm Props Fighting 1021 Saint Preux wins in round 4 +1300* vs Any other result

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Good Odds..could happen for sure.......2nd round TKO for OSP....

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    like that one a lot too, paper...one of the more generally-bettable true-to-form guys on the roster...if i were forced to set a no-chalk true line and a sharp got to choose his side on it...i'd have this far closer to -200 than to the even-money 100 it sits at

BTW, sbr's own betpoints-book has OSP+110 (absolute best i've seen anywhere), so you should hit the play as hard as their low limit allows...basically risking about 40 to win 50 bucks worth of them in sportsbook cash...better than blowing them on roulette spins
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Perfect stylistic match-ups for both Hall and glover, hall stops the kid in the 1st round, Glover closes out the show in the 4th. Based on skill, Amazing value for glover, and for hall inside the distance at -128, both should be around -240. Anybody wanta bet your betpoints on either of these fights, I'll bet all of them on either guy.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 08-06-15 at 05:13 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Perfect stylistic match-ups for both Hall and glover, hall stops the kid in the 1st round, Glover closes out the show in the 4th. Based on skill, Amazing value for glover, and for hall inside the distance at -128, both should be around -240. Anybody wanta bet your betpoints on either of these fights, I'll bet all of them on either guy.
    I'll take that bet Joshster.. Only problem is ya gotta be an SBR Pro to transfer more then 2 bitch points per day.. Not sure how you could ever live up to your side of the bet if Glover and you lose?

I'll bet you 28 bet points and if you lose you gotta transfer 2 bet points a day for 14 days if you wanna play this game... I got OSP you got Glover.. I'll transfer 28 points same day if OSP and I lose..

This huge action bet is almost more then I can handle though Josh...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-06-15 at 07:17 PM.

First 12345 ... Last