17 50.00%
    Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Who will win: McGregor vs Mendes

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Mendes shoots for the double early on and McGregor ends up on his back.. Panics sets in after being on his back against a strong wrestler and he then gets pounded out at some point.. And new champ Chadster!!!

Or

McGregor defends the early take downs easily and keeps his distance, it's then evident that he's much too quick and elusive standing.. Then knocks out Mendes just like Aldo did... New champ McIrish....

A tricky fight to nail down fellas!!! MMA logic suggests always go with the superior wrestlers though..

opinionator
    opinionator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

33 on mendes +125 by wrestlehump

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

McGregor's reach + Mendes' tough weight cut on short notice. Mendes will be gassed by the 3rd. McGregor is the new fugazi champ.

Karmaphobia
    Karmaphobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3674

Yeah, I think the massive reach advantage CMac will have is the biggest x-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    McGregor's reach + Mendes' tough weight cut on short notice. Mendes will be gassed by the 3rd. McGregor is the new fugazi champ.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

tougher fight in my opinion for Conner. I can't bet against Mendes. I'll watch like most of these big fights

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Karmaphobia View Post
    Yeah, I think the massive reach advantage CMac will have is the biggest x-factor.
    That's a good point.

Chad Mendes has a 66 inch reach.

McGregor's is 74 inches.

McGregor has never fought someone that is as athletic, hits as hard, and can wrestle as well as Mendes though.

Its hard to say. Dustin Poirier and Diego Brandao could be similar to Mendes. Mendes is higher ranked and has been in bigger fights than they have.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-01-15 at 01:17 PM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

seemingly invincible highlight-reel banger with huge reach advantage but zero "deep water" experience (mostly because they haven't needed it on their mesmerizing squash'evrybody'early run)

vs.

elite smothering banger with lots of exposure to deep water

we've had this identical scenario twice in very-recent memory...

Thatch v. Bendo

LHW-Rumble v. DC

you've been warned...

signed,

someone who learned the hard way, from both of these tilts, to not get too star-struck
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-01-15 at 04:51 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Good points Fit with the Thatch and Rumble comparisons... Only thing you left out is that Bendo and DC didn't come in on short notice or give up that much reach going into those fights, still you may be onto something here..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Mendes is super tough....but his standup is sub par....only has toughness and wrestling....I could see this going to decison with both wearing out late...

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I will give Mendes 4 minutes with McGoat.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    seemingly invincible highlight-reel banger with huge reach advantage but zero "deep water" experience (mostly because they haven't needed it on their mesmerizing squash'evrybody'early run)

vs.

elite smothering banger with lots of exposure to deep water experience

we've had this identical scenario twice in very-recent memory...

Thatch v. Bendo

LHW-Rumble v. DC

you've been warned...

signed,

someone who learned the hard way, from both of these tilts, to not get too star-struck
    Rumble hit DC. When Conor hits Chad.. he'll not let him get away... It's a whole another ball game.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Rumble hit DC. When Conor hits Chad.. he'll not let him get away... It's a whole another ball game.
    Chad is pretty quick and aggressive with those doubles.. IDK if McConartist can defend this first???

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-01-15 at 06:07 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no surprise Conor talked a Ton of shit today, Dana is in love with it and is drooling for this guy to have gold around his waist

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Giants007 View Post
    no surprise Conor talked a Ton of shit today
    Yeah he has.

Conor is hilarious.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ He takes Chael Sonnen the original "OG" mouth to school.. Makes Chael look like a humble shy alter boy in comparison.. Got him a huge pay day and major hype though didn't it?

Smart business guy or just a fool with a loud mouth I can't figure it out???? Irish peeps are drunk and loud which makes me tinks this is the luck of the Irish more then business smarts.. This fight for the interim belt now with Mendes will tell if his mouth can walk the walk.... Hmmm?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-02-15 at 12:51 AM.

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't see Conor losing this fight

fitguy67

easy-to-overlook intangibles matchup

Mendes adv: opponent has ZERO deep-water experience
    Conor adv: opponent forced into a makeshift late-notice camp

imo, on balance, former > latter: net plus for the boring-but-beastly Mendes

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'll bet 1unit on Mendes and kinda hope is great fight that Mcmouthy wins lol.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    I'll bet 1unit on Mendes and kinda hope is great fight that Mcmouthy wins lol.
    Wait til after weigh in, you will likely get +150 at least on Mendes

Heyeverybody99

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Wait til after weigh in, you will likely get +150 at least on Mendes
    Mirin who are you playing. Gimmie some winners

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    easy-to-overlook intangibles matchup

Mendes adv: opponent has ZERO deep-water experience
    Conor adv: opponent forced into a makeshift late-notice camp

imo, on balance, former > latter: net plus for the boring-but-beastly Mendes
    How can people say McGregor has zero deep water experience when he's fought Dustin Poirier, Max Holloway, Dennis Siver and Diego Brandao. McGregor tore his ACL in his fight with Max Holloway and still managed to pull out the win. Fighting through a serious injury should count as deep water experience. The long media tour build up to the Aldo fight should count as deepwater experience. Making all those predictions of finishing Dustin Poirier and others in the 1st round should also count as deep water experience with the added pressure.

Chad Mendes isn't the greatest at 5 round fights. Its not like Mendes is invincible in 5 round fights when there's a lot of pressure on him to perform. Mendes has to pace himself to go the distance and can't fight at the same pace someone like Frankie Edgar can maintain.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Heyeverybody99 View Post
    Mirin who are you playing. Gimmie some winners
    Cuntner when he was plus money. Mendes rushes in too wild, and is also a manlet, which i fade on principle.

Heyeverybody99

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Cuntner when he was plus money. Mendes rushes in too wild, and is also a manlet, which i fade on principle.

Good to know we're on the same side. On Conor +110 Rory -175, -180, 185, and Garbrandt itd -150 Pendred -120

UncleChael

Good to know we're on the same side. On Conor +110 Rory -175, -180, 185, and Garbrandt itd -150 Pendred -120
    I parlayed all three of those guys, gl us m8, except the last guy.

Heyeverybody99

Pendred future goat.

kog1108
    kog1108's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

lol Pendred. how does he keep winning!?

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    How can people say McGregor has zero deep water experience when he's fought Dustin Poirier, Max Holloway, Dennis Siver and Diego Brandao. McGregor tore his ACL in his fight with Max Holloway and still managed to pull out the win. Fighting through a serious injury should count as deep water experience. The long media tour build up to the Aldo fight should count as deepwater experience. Making all those predictions of finishing Dustin Poirier and others in the 1st round should also count as deep water experience with the added pressure.

Chad Mendes isn't the greatest at 5 round fights. Its not like Mendes is invincible in 5 round fights when there's a lot of pressure on him to perform. Mendes has to pace himself to go the distance and can't fight at the same pace someone like Frankie Edgar can maintain.
    i agree with everything you said, basically...BUT

by "deep water" experience i meant actually being involved in any action beyond end of R3

few handle it well on their first exposure (see DC vs. Jones/Thatch vs. Bendo)...but, just like the experience of completing your first marathon makes you a different/better runner...FAR better equipped for the changes that take place in you at the 20-mile mark (aka. "wall")...in the same way, some/any actual "deep water" makes a fighter better able to handle it when it arises again (ie. at the business end of a crucial fight)

mendes has some (two full rounds against an Aldo who--having grown from his first exposure with Frankie where he clearly faded--made it as demanding an introduction to the R4/R5 experience as you can get...outside of the Bones/Gus candidate for greatest fight of all time--truly amazing considering that they were both first-timers to the "deep water" game),

mcG has not
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-02-15 at 10:24 PM.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by kog1108 View Post
    again semantics: having your hand raised after a fight because of scrawled marks on sheets of paper handed to the ring anouncer

is not equivalent to

actually winning the fight

everyone knows Pendred, for whatever reasons, is a serial-beneficiary of shitty decisions
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-02-15 at 09:10 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by kog1108 View Post
    Pure luck and bad judging... His luck could run out in this fight..

Heyeverybody99

Haters gonna hate. Pendred will go down as goat.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Haters gonna hate. Pendred will go down as goat.
    Not hating on Pendred as all that guy has done has made me money.. Bet him in his last 3 and prop bet him to win by decision in 2 of them.. Was shocked that I won all those bets after watching each fight...

Can't do it anymore betting on Pendred after watching him fight, gotta fade the talentless fool this next go around fighting on US soil........
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

The only difference is, this is a KO instead of a decision....would have went the distance with aldo, Chad gets knocked out early, he has poor defense and rushes in when striking and when goin for the takedown, know for sub-par cardio even with a full camp. EaZZZy money fellas
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-02-15 at 11:13 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    The only difference is, this is a KO instead of a decision....would have went the distance with aldo, Chad gets knocked out early, he has poor defense and rushes in when striking and when goin for the takedown, know for sub-par cardio even with a full camp. EaZZZy money fellas
    Could be right Josh, Chad does punch with massive power though and you forgot to give him a chance with his striking.. He just went the distance with Aldo whom is another lengthy quick striker much like McConnie and that fight remained standing almost the entire time.... He also just knocked Lamas out of the box and made him look stupid in less then a round.. I'd say Mendes should be able to hold his own standing for a bit in this one until his wrestling takes over..

I guess this fight will come down to whether or not McGreg can defend the take downs early and often... Mendes could be in trouble if he can't take McMouth down at all...

Hamburg
    Hamburg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

McGregor got this and will then lose to Aldo.

12 Last