BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the fight. I love watching boxing clinics and Mayweather is the best tactician of the game. It is a craft, pure science, his hand and foot speed are phenomenal. If you're looking for knockouts, watch the heavyweights. I like watching mental matches and that's what Floyd brings. His work against the ropes is incredible, the way we can counter over the top of a southpaw is unreal.

$100 is not a big deal to me. I was looking forward to this fight for weeks. Cranked up the grill, had drinks, bbq, friends and family over and we had a great time even though the fight was anticlimactic. I know coming in that Floyd's fights are going to look boring because he doesn't get hit but the suspense of maybe he might get hit is good enough.
    At least you understood what would happen.

I expected the same but would rather not watch it. It's not as exciting to me.

BigDofBA

Manny had to go for broke to win and he didn't do it. Obviously he is content with the paycheck and playing it safe. That's the most discouraging thing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I took my 2 kids to Dave and Busters a few weeks ago and it cost me $250 for bad food and drinks. Most of their arcade games are old as shit, and the majority of them are the carnival ones that you try and win tickets. I took my son to see Marvel Universe a few months ago. Tickets were $130 each, cotton candy was $15, spiderman toy was $25 each. I've seen better shows in Vegas and they don't cost me $400+. I could go on and on about how much it cost to be entertained.

I always buy the fights and make money back by betting on Mayweather on a decision. He's the best safe bet in gambling. Every time he fights, people lets their emotions get to them and end up betting against him. And every time it's the same result. I spent $100 on the fight and made $500 on Mayweather. Great night for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Exactly. I didn't buy his fight because I didn't want to contribute to the cause and I figured it would be like this.

They werent fighting with their hearts. They were fighting for a pay day.

Mayweather can can barely read and he gets 180 million to dance and jab for an hour.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

its a mayweather fight and there was only one way it was going to play out..the way it did... what the fukk did you bozos expect if you didnt know what to expect, then you shouldnt be watching the sport, posting about the sport and definitely shouldnt be betting on the sport

not being a dick, its just the way it is.

Mac4Lyfe

How can you go for broke when you can't hit the guy? Manny was shaking his head in frustration in the 4th round, just like most of Mayweather's opponents. You can't break what you can't touch. I love watching Mayweather avoid punches, especially on the ropes. It's amazing if you break it down. He rolls his shoulders, moves side to side to avoid the big shot and delivers nice counter punches as he escapes. You can feel the tension whenever a guy corners him but he finds a way to get out beautifully.

Manny had no answer for the jabs and straight rights. You never seen Manny throw so little punches because he was throwing in vain just like Canelo Alvarez found out. Mayweather was born to box, plain and simple. It's not exciting because he's never put in danger which is what fans want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Manny had to go for broke to win and he didn't do it. Obviously he is content with the paycheck and playing it safe. That's the most discouraging thing.

BigDofBA

How can you go for broke when you can't hit the guy? Manny was shaking his head in frustration in the 4th round, just like most of Mayweather's opponents. You can't break what you can't touch. I love watching Mayweather avoid punches, especially on the ropes. It's amazing if you break it down. He rolls his shoulders, moves side to side to avoid the big shot and delivers nice counter punches as he escapes. You can feel the tension whenever a guy corners him but he finds a way to get out beautifully.

Manny had no answer for the jabs and straight rights. You never seen Manny throw so little punches because he was throwing in vain just like Canelo Alvarez found out. Mayweather was born to box, plain and simple. It's not exciting because he's never put in danger which is what fans want to see.

I didn't watch the fight but listening to a lot of post fight commentary and reading tweets, that was the vibe I got.

Like I said, I didn't get the fight BC I knew it would play out like this. It played out like most Mayweather fights. It's just not that exciting to me. Then again, I'm not a boxing purest.

Mac4Lyfe

...and if you really get down to it, the only exciting Mayweather fight is going to be the one that he get's knocked the fukk out. The majority of people that watch Mayweather fights watch it to hopefully see him get his ass kicked. Anything else is boring.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I took my 2 kids to Dave and Busters a few weeks ago and it cost me $250 for bad food and drinks. Most of their arcade games are old as shit, and the majority of them are the carnival ones that you try and win tickets. I took my son to see Marvel Universe a few months ago. Tickets were $130 each, cotton candy was $15, spiderman toy was $25 each. I've seen better shows in Vegas and they don't cost me $400+. I could go on and on about how much it cost to be entertained.

I always buy the fights and make money back by betting on Mayweather on a decision. He's the best safe bet in gambling. Every time he fights, people lets their emotions get to them and end up betting against him. And every time it's the same result. I spent $100 on the fight and made $500 on Mayweather. Great night for me.
    Hahaha this is a good point, u would be doing the snoopy dance if anyone else applied this strategy. Glad someone on here is killing it on these fights. I am sadly one of the guys who bets with their emotions and lose all the time.

Fight sucked though, my buddy ordered it so it only cost me $10 as 10 people chipped in

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Boxing analysts can't talk bad about this fight because they know you can't beat a dead horse.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14032

pt barnum is laughing his butt off

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I got beat more times for free growing up

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Boxing analysts can't talk bad about this fight because they know you can't beat a dead horse.
    Thats not true toniest

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

don't worry, there will be a rematch lol

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

They know they missed the bus when the fight was 5 years too late, but they still made out like bandits anyway. Now Manny said he had a hurt shoulder in an attempt to legitimize a re-match. I hope Floyd sticks to his post fight comments and fights once more in September then hangs them up for good. He is boxing's ultimate technician, he dips, dives, hits then avoids being hit as good as any man that has worn gloves. But in today's world that makes for a boring fight, the public wants the barbaric thrill of UFC. Boxing's best days are behind it.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Maria Sharapova would put up a better fight
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-29-15 at 11:28 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14528

Fight was how a lot of Mayweather's fights are - does just enough to win.

If nothing else, I thought it was worth seeing just to have the Showtime and HBO announce teams all together in one broadcast. Can't imagine the kind logistics and prep that must have taken.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mayweather's next fight doesn't even happen in Vegas. It would just be an afterthought compared to the hype and celebrities showing up for this one.

And Jerry Jones' dream of a Mayweather fight in Jerry Land won't have enough interest either. Might have to be MSG or AC?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Fight was how a lot of Mayweather's fights are - does just enough to win.

If nothing else, I thought it was worth seeing just to have the Showtime and HBO announce teams all together in one broadcast. Can't imagine the kind logistics and prep that must have taken.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mayweather's next fight doesn't even happen in Vegas. It would just be an afterthought compared to the hype and celebrities showing up for this one.

And Jerry Jones' dream of a Mayweather fight in Jerry Land won't have enough interest either. Might have to be MSG or AC?
    Good post..they interest in Mayweather might be washed up in Vegas

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

That's how mayweather does it his skills are superb and a points win at a shade of odds on was the sensible play
    Manny just didn't ghrow enough punches to win

jjgold

Did Floyd even hit him much??

They just about worked up a sweat

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

130 each for movie tickets,where the hell was this, only cost me 10 bucks for a movie ticket the other day.

Mac4Lyfe

You must not have kids, lol. Marvel Universe Live is a broadway style show that tours across the US. It was here in Houston for 2/3 weeks where they have 2-3 shows a day. It was totally sold out for the entire 3 weeks at Reliant stadium where it probably holds 40k people, plus people on the floor. It's a fukking racket. $35 for parking, $10 sodas, $10 popcorn, $15 cotton candy, $25 toys, $15 programs. Tens of thousands of parents and kids attend because it's Marvel and kids love seeing characters. These events bring in 100x what a rock concert brings in because of all the merchandising. The hour and half show is boring as shit, it's really a bad Vegas show.

They are making a killing and if you have kids, you're going to pay out the ass. Once one kid finds out about it, they tell other kids and you're fukked. They also have a Frozen show, same thing. A fuking money grab. This shit is sold out all over the US. If you don't bring your kids, you're considered a bad parent. It cost me $500 bills for the frozen show that my wife and daughter went to. I spent over $1,000 for these 2 lame ass events because kids rule the world.

A $100 boxing match ain't shit.

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    130 each for movie tickets,where the hell was this, only cost me 10 bucks for a movie ticket the other day.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

You must not have kids, lol. Marvel Universe Live is a broadway style show that tours across the US. It was here in Houston for 2/3 weeks where they have 2-3 shows a day. It was totally sold out for the entire 3 weeks at Reliant stadium where it probably holds 40k people, plus people on the floor. It's a fukking racket. $35 for parking, $10 sodas, $10 popcorn, $15 cotton candy, $25 toys, $15 programs. Tens of thousands of parents and kids attend because it's Marvel and kids love seeing characters. These events bring in 100x what a rock concert brings in because of all the merchandising. The hour and half show is boring as shit, it's really a bad Vegas show.

They are making a killing and if you have kids, you're going to pay out the ass. Once one kid finds out about it, they tell other kids and you're fukked. They also have a Frozen show, same thing. A fuking money grab. This shit is sold out all over the US. If you don't bring your kids, you're considered a bad parent. It cost me $500 bills for the frozen show that my wife and daughter went to. I spent over $1,000 for these 2 lame ass events because kids rule the world.

I liked this show lol

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

I gotta agree here. The ultimate fuk'in sham. For that kinda money we should get a best 3 out of 5 fights kinda deal. At least we'd know who the best showman is!Unreal the spectacle people will buy into these days. Nobody learned from the Mike Tyson 20 seconds pay per view fight.

jjgold

Don't forget man I would think 60–70% of the population is brainwashed because of television /advertising/ media/etc so people are like easy targets for many many things in life

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

I didnt buy it i streamed it free but the stream froze my computer so i didnt get to watch 10 seconds of it .But what a shitty undercard.But the good news is most poeple that payed $100 had friends and girlfriends over so that $100 was well worth to have all your friends over for a good party.So if anything the $100 wasnt a rip off if you had a good party.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Since were on the topic of this i belive Amir Khan would be the only boxer that could beat Mayweather.It wont happen either but if it does i truly believe khan would beat Him.He also has a 71 inch reach mayweather has 72.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Oh its a play no I didnt realize,what a con mate. I have a son but he doesn't live with me he is a big fan of Incredible Hulk,I hope this show doesn't come to England.

First 12