raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Mayweather-Pacquiao Boxing Match to Cost $99 on Pay-Per-View

A month before boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao even enter the ring, their May 2 title fight is already breaking records, with the pay-per-view bout set to cost fans $99 according to people close to the negotiations between the networks and TV distributors.HBO and Showtime, which are handling negotiations for the camps of Mr. Pacquiao and Mr. Mayweather respectively, are expected to wrap up deals with major pay-TV distributors in the next few days for the highly anticipated welterweight title fight. The negotiations stalled last week as distributors and HBO and Showtime sparred over the split of what is expected to be record-setting pay-per-view revenue.
    Under the terms being discussed, the fight will be sold for $99 for a high-definition feed and $89 for standard definition, both of which are record prices. The previous high was $74.95 for high-definition and $64.95 for standard.
    Initially, pay TV distributors were asked to give up as much as 70% of the revenue instead of the usual 50% to 55%. That offer was quickly rejected.
    The tentative agreement now being hammered out will be less favorable to the distributors than the standard deal but not as drastic as the first offer, people with knowledge of the terms said. The final split will also be determined by the amount of marketing and promotions the various cable operators put into the fight. If certain incentives are met, the distributors have the potential to get 40% of the pay-per-view revenue.

Showtime Sports Executive Vice President and General Manager Stephen Espinoza who put together Mayweather’s blockbuster six-fight deal with Showtime, discusses Floyd Mayweather’s business mind and personality.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao held a joint news conference on Wednesday to promote their long anticipated match scheduled for May 2 in Las Vegas. Photo: AP

The key deals for HBO and Showtime are with iN Demand, which negotiates on behalf of ComcastCorp., Time Warner CableInc. and other large cable companies, and with DirecTV, the nation’s largest satellite TV operator with more than 20 million subscribers.
    The other distributors that HBO and Showtime will try to reach accords with are Dish Network and Vubiquity, which handles negotiations for AT&TInc. and other distributors.
    Boxing enthusiasts have been waiting years for this fight and the popularity of Mr. Mayweather and Mr. Pacquiao is such that the bout is expected to be of interest to more than just the hard-core fan. Some industry observers have predicted that it could top three million pay-per-view purchases, which could amount to upward of $300 million. The current record is $152 million for Mr. Mayweather’s fight with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.
    But with the fight only a month away, it is crucial to wrap up the pay-per-view deals quickly so distributors can start hawking the match to consumers.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/mayweath...iew-1427927867

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

If Mayweather wasn't undefeated you could guarantee a 3 fight minimum with him losing this fight.

But I don't see Floyd taking a fall.

Imagine how much money 3 fights would rake in though.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    If Mayweather wasn't undefeated you could guarantee a 3 fight minimum with him losing this fight.

But I don't see Floyd taking a fall.

Imagine how much money 3 fights would rake in though.
    A draw fight 1 would make 2 even better than 1.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    A draw fight 1 would make 2 even better than 1.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the first fight as a draw. Boxing is so rigged.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

They will still fight twice, too much money to be made. Floyd will win but let it be close enough so Pac fans will cause a little stir saying he should have won when in reality it won't be that close.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

I wouldn't pay nine dollars, much less $99, to see a C-level fight.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I'm never understand how there is do much money in boxing. How can they pay these guys so much?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All the jerk off will be buying it and all the sharp like myself will be watching it for free

Mannyfan
    Mannyfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Look forward to fight. Long time coming for us here. Manny will not fall. I think it will be abt lunch time here.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All the jerk off will be buying it and all the sharp like myself will be watching it for free
    I really hope no one here would be silly enough to pay for the fight unless they were having a party at home. If sites can handle all the viewers during the soccer World Cup when the entire world was watching those streams, they can handle people watching these two fight. No one should be paying $100 to watch this. Better off putting that money on the midge to win.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Although I probably won't even watch it for free. It's going to be a boring fight.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I will gladly pay $100 to watch this fight.

i have been anticipating this fight for 10 years!!!!

its about damn time this fight happens

jjgold

I will be setting up a black box where you can order for free

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

I will be setting up a black box where you can order for free
    Coach, 1992 called. They want your black box back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Coach, 1992 called. They want your black box back.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I will listen on blurry tv but not watch

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I wouldn't pay nine dollars, much less $99, to see a C-level fight.
    Congratulations. You have made the dumbest post of the fukkin year.

jjgold

If you set up a black box and run it through linux you can re sell fight in HD for $30 a pop all over internet and make a killing

host site in Russia and spend about $10,000 on advertising and you will make a quick $75,000 real fast

Channel cash through Russia only with bank accounts also in Bulgaria
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Should be epic. Still deciding if I should hangout in Vegas that day.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just curious... who actually pays both boxers? Where does the money come from? Doesn't one fighter get 100 million? And the other 160 million?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

That's expensive. Dollar bills grow on trees for some I guess

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just curious... who actually pays both boxers? Where does the money come from? Doesn't one fighter get 100 million? And the other 160 million?
    Advertisements, Ticket sales, Pay-per-view sales and so on and so on. Did you think somebody was actually like, here you go Mayweather, here's 160 million in a briefcase, and here's 100 million for you, Pacmayne?

That's not how it works, dawg.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

will be the most illegally streamed ppv to date.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

This is going the distance and it should be close because pacman throws so many punches.

A split decision wouldn't surprise me.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

Forgot that - There are tons of places in the Toronto area that will happily "steal" the signal for their customers. In fact, there is never a need to secure a PPV event in your home. Use the money saved instead on laying your action on the fight and make sure you play the draw.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The promoters pay the boxers. The gate is going to be $74 million, then they are predicting between 2.5 and 3 million PPV buys at $99.95 a pop. That's $250-300 million

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    This is going the distance and it should be close because pacman throws so many punches.

A split decision wouldn't surprise me.
    Floyd will cut that rate in half.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Stream-life

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

If you set up a black box and run it through linux you can re sell fight in HD for $30 a pop all over internet and make a killing

host site in Russia and spend about $10,000 on advertising and you will make a quick $75,000 real fast

Channel cash through Russia only with bank accounts also in Bulgaria

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Manny pacquiao is the "henry armstrong" of this era. If ur unfamillar about him google him, manny the 8 weight titles holder. Its gonna worth every money watching this even, ive talked to some co worker about this fight. Everyone even non boxing fan will tune in.it will be a night to remember.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    Manny pacquiao is the "henry armstrong" of this era. If ur unfamillar about him google him, manny the 8 weight titles holder. Its gonna worth every money watching this even, ive talked to some co worker about this fight. Everyone even non boxing fan will tune in.it will be a night to remember.
    Only Hank did it without PED's, so Manny's not like Hank nor is he anything close to him.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Might come close to doubling the all time PPV record.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Might come close to doubling the all time PPV record.
    in total buys or dollars?

canelo v may hit 2.2 million ppv buys. this fight will get NOWHERE FUKKING CLOSE to 4.4 mil. in fact, i predict the UNDER 3.15 mil posted at Harrah's Las Vegas, will cash easily!!

in terms of dollars, canelo v may was $74.95 for Hd so this one is a full $25 higher, so it should smash the 150 mil that canelo v may made

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Yah. $$ only.

12 Last