THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi (April 25, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi (for flyweight title)
    Quinton Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado
    Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway
    John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo
    Thomas Almeida vs. Yves Jabouin

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Patrick Cote vs. Joe Riggs
    Alexis Davis vs. Sarah Kaufman
    Bryan Barberena vs. Chad Laprise
    Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. David Michaud

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET
    Chris Clements vs. Nordine Taleb
    Valerie Letourneau vs. Jessica Rakoczy

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

been a year already? Jeez! Life is going fast.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Kyoji Horiguchi!

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro
    Hollafront's Avatar Become A Pro!

Johnson's odds will be unplayable, as short as Jibby's dick which he can't see under his 27 rolls.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Rampage Jackson by KO if Maldonaldo stands and bangs in front of him which I think he will...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Rampage Jackson by KO if Maldonaldo stands and bangs in front of him which I think he will...
    CB Dollaway gets the better of Michael Bisping and at +140 it's a gift IMO....

Pending 4/25/15 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1103 C.B. Dollaway +140* vs Michael Bisping

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Nah Hit and Move Busy Bisping will get it....
    CB Dollaway gets the better of Michael Bisping and at +140 it's a gift IMO....

Pending 4/25/15 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1103 C.B. Dollaway +140* vs Michael Bisping

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Nah Hit and Move Busy Bisping will get it....
    Nope Paper, CB is better on the ground and can hold his own standing against the older and aging Bisping... Coming off that quick loss to Machida you better believe we'll see a very determined CB Dollaway in the cage this next go around.. Don't forget CB was on the rise before he tasted that body kick from Machida. Bisping has been more hit or miss lately rotating wins and losses..

My money is on the younger fighter that's arguably in his physical and MMA prime going into this one.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/CB-Dollaway-22350

PaperTrail07

JIBBBY......Bis will keep it standing right? And Bis is 5X stronger on the feet and is way way more smooth/slick IMO....CB does not have a good chance here....bis -500 IMO
    Nope Paper, CB is better on the ground and can hold his own standing against the older and aging Bisping... Coming off that quick loss to Machida you better believe we'll see a very determined CB Dollaway in the cage this next go around.. Don't forget CB was on the rise before he tasted that body kick from Machida. Bisping has been more hit or miss lately rotating wins and losses..

My money is on the younger fighter that's arguably in his physical and MMA prime going into this one.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/CB-Dollaway-22350

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I think where we disagree and see tiiiiings different Paper is that you are giving Bis way too much credit with his striking and stand up and not enough with CB's.....

In the past 2 years CB has only been exposed standing by Machida and that was by just a single well placed kick.. I think CB has improved his stand up game alot in the past few years and can deal with Bispings stick and move style. I think CB has the better wrestling and submission game as well and he may be able to take BIS down even if things aren't going well in the striking department..

The only guy Bisping out struck in recent years was a juiced up, washed up and aged Cung Lee... Not that impressive and nothing to write home to mom about if ya ask me...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196

Both have good cardio, "the doberman" CB will bring a high pace and come forward so let's see what happens???

I just think CB at +140 is no brainer in my mind..

PaperTrail07

True I do have respect for bis...no power but slippery and good bxing...good 3 round bet IMO
    ^^ I think where we disagree and see tiiiiings different Paper is that you are giving Bis way too much credit with his striking and stand up and not enough with CB's.....

In the past 2 years CB has only been exposed standing by Machida and that was by just a single well placed kick.. I think CB has improved his stand up game alot in the past few years and can deal with Bispings stick and move style. I think CB has the better wrestling and submission game as well and he may be able to take BIS down even if things aren't going well in the striking department..

The only guy Bisping out struck in recent years was a juiced up, washed up and aged Cung Lee... Not that impressive and nothing to write home to mom about if ya ask me...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196

Both have good cardio, "the doberman" CB will bring a high pace and come forward so let's see what happens???

I just think CB at +140 is no brainer in my mind..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rampage Jackson out!!! 5Dimes refunding money bets now....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...hVY_sA4dAnnIlQ

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

I like Mercier and Johnson. Johnson is a stone cold lock

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Kyoji Horiguchi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I hope Horiguchi is like a crazy 500+ dog. I will be playing him for sure, just depending on the amount. Let's get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post

+600 good enough for you?...i'm a true lover of live dogs and won't need TOO much convincing...can you elaborate a case for horiguchi, especially laying out a plausible (not necessarily likely...cuz he's only gotta win more than 1 time in 7 to make this worth the shot...) "path to victory"

a live dog i DO like on the same card is Maldonado...easy to visualize/understand his path to victory and i see it happening at least the 29 times out of a 100 required to make the +250 price worth the shot...

tell me something about Horiguchi's style relative to Johnson's that might lead to a surprise...any common opponents or common opponents of common opponents etc...anything apart from just liking the big number after the plus sign
    here's a better place for this

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

I'm thinking of going medium on CB myself. I'd prefer if he took the fight to the ground which is his biggest strength but he likes to stand.

fitguy67

happens to a lot of wrasslers...get carried away with the bangin'...and abandon offensive wrestling altogether

great example is Hendo who hardly recorded a single takedown over his last few years/dozen-or-so fights...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok this event has next up!!!... Let's get this fellas!!!!

The main event fight with Mighty Mouse Johnson is a tough play with those -700 odds... What do you do with that??? Little steep to even throw that in a parlay play IMO...

I won't bet the Asians in the UFC as that is the golden rule for winning money, that certainly applies to this fight..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This fill in fighter Steve Bosse http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Steve-Bosse-22732 from Canada has only fought in small venues, he's primarily a stand up fighter and that just means he will be fighting to Maldonaldo's strength in his UFC debut.. He's been dropped already one time as well...

Me tinks ya gotta go with FLabio Maldonaldo in this one even at -260.. Parlay play maybe???

Also thinking Patrick Cote smokes Joe Riggs... Probably KO's Diesel Riggs standing if I had to guess..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-19-15 at 01:13 PM.

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

Thoughts on the closest fight(odds-wise):
    C.B. Dollaway(+130) vs Michael Bisping(-150)

[spoiler]

Michael Bisping
    Height: 6'1"
    Reach: 75.5"

I actually watched Season 3 of The Ultimate fighter and Bisping might have had one of the weakest paths to win The Ultimate fighter though it was at light heavyweight. He has undefeated and Brash but took care of business in the cage.
    Since The Ultimate Fighter and his near loss to The king of Rock N’ Rolla, Bisping has improved leaps and bounds especially in the wrestling department.

Though he has improved greatly one of his weaknesses is in wrestling.
    He has struggled getting off vs wrestlers, such as Hamill, Evans, Sonnen, and most recently Tim Kennedy. Those were pure wrestlers he has faced. Though he made all of the work for it except for the Kennedy fight.

He’s had much more success vs grapplers with good not great takedowns such as McCarthy, Dan Miller, Elvis, Jason Miller, and Eric Red Scafer. Though the latter three gave him hell in the first few minutes.

His biggest strength, imo, is his cardio.
    He is able to set a high pace that a lot of middleweights cannot handle. He became sort of a wrestle-boxer at Middleweight. Mixing up his good boxing with okay takedowns which threw some of his opponents off. He usually out-points his opponents to win a decision or finish them later after wearing them out. He’s not known for that one punch power.

C.B. Dollaway

Height: 6'2"
    Reach: 76.0”

Like Bisping he’s also a TUF alum and was on a pretty good season with other talented fighters like Matt Brown. He was also undefeated at the time. Though Amir got the best of him, not once, but twice to leave Cb as a runner-up on technicality.
    At the time he was a good wrestler with good submission offense. His striking has improved greatly since the show.

One of his biggest weakness, IMO, is his submission defense. He was easily subbed vs Amir with an Armbar twice while he was on top. He shot sloppily vs Lawlor and was caught in a choke.
    Since those losses he has gotten a lot better at shooting sloppily and staying in someone’s guard.
    He even avoided the ground for the most part vs Sarafian and Mutante as they are good grapplers and won on the feet.

His biggest strength of course is his wrestling as he’s been wrestling all of his life and still trains at a wrestling-oriented camp at Power MMA.
    He also has good offensive submissions to compliment his game. He has brutal front attacks especially his Peruvian Neck-tie and guillotine.
    He has good takedowns and good timing. He was able to takedown fellow former-college wresters in Munoz, Boestch, and Massenzio,

Thoughts on the fight:

I think that sticks out for me is CB is about 5 years younger and besides that fight vs Machida he should have been on a 5 fight win streak if he stopped poking Boestch’s eyes.

I did not mention it it in their separate breakdowns, though they are opposites in fighting style and improvement they share a similar weakness. They can get hit with big bombs and appear to be somewhat chinny. I don’’t believe they are in danger of being Ko’d in this fight.

I believe CB will wrestle with Bisping and has the striking to get on the inside. I think he’ll have decent success at getting Bis down at least once a round. I think he’ll struggle holding him down but as Bisping comes up it gives Cb a shot at his neck where the Doberman is lethal. I don’t believe Bisping can get a sub off his back either.

Note:
    I’ve read people talking about Cb not using his wrestling as much lately and I believe that to be true only because he was worried about Mutantes and to some degree Sarafians ground game though he still took him down at least once.
    He also took down Carmont, Boestch, and Jason Miller multiple times each.

TLDR:

Bisping cannot attack any of CB’s Weaknesses but CB can attack at least one of his.
    Cb can attack using his wrestling. Bisping not known for power or sub offense.
    Bisping should have cardio advantage but may not be able to capitalize since it’s 3 rounds. Also his volume decreases when facing wrestlers.
    Note: Cb has only gassed “bad” once vs Hamman but that seemed the exception not the rule.

My bet is:

CB Dollaway +130.

Will skip decision prop as he’s already the underdog and I can see a front choke sub for him though unlikely.
    Maybe +3.5 when it’s released.
    I think the points handicap will also be a decent bet as a think he only loses a 29-28 decision. Winning with first round with wrestling, tiring, and losing the next two.

[/spoiler]
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

happens to a lot of wrasslers...get carried away with the bangin'...and abandon offensive wrestling altogether

great example is Hendo who hardly recorded a single takedown over his last few years/dozen-or-so fights...
    How about you stfu rookie.

tebowned

Thoughts on:
    Patrick Cote(-185) vs Joe Riggs(+155)
    [spoiler]

Patrick Cote

Height: 5'11
    Reach: 75”

Patrick Cote entered the UFC fighting a Prime former UFC champion in Tito Ortiz at a weight class up and actually managed to drop him to one knee. He was throughly out wrestled otherwise. He dropped his next two UFC bouts and was regulated to regionals.
    After picking up a few wins he was called to the comeback episode of The Ultimate Fighter eventually losing in the Finale which was also a number one contender’s fight.
    After that he gained steam and earned a title shot but literally fell to injury mid-fight to one of the GOATs.
    Since then he’s fought in and out of the UFC and has dropped to welterweight. He’s also had two gift wins in the Alessio Sakara and Boby Voelkner fights.

Patrick Cote for the most part has gotten by on his boxing which is slightly above average in technique and power but has a stellar chin that hasn’t been cracked besides in the Sakara fight. He has never been Ko’d.
    He has a little bit of offensive grappling that he has used in a few recent wins.

He’s mostly struggled with wrestlers and grapplers as he’s been submitted 3 times and has been outgrappled in decisions another 3 times. He should have been subbed by Lawlor if not for a blatant fence grab.
    In his last two losses he was out-struck by two unorthodox strikers in Cung le and Thompson.

Joe Riggs

Height: 6'0
    Reach: 71.5”

Joe Riggs started MMA as a Super heavyweight and has fought Cabbage and Herb Dean. Currently he fights at Welterweight.
    This will be Joe Riggs second UFC Stint. His first one he earned a title shot vs Matt Hughes but failed to make the WW limit and lost by chimera quickly for his troubles.
    Since he beat Chris Lytle and Nick Diaz and was bounced out of the UFC , his best win might be Phil Baroni though he won Bellator’s version of TUF: Fight master!

Joe Riggs best asset is also his boxing. He’s actually right-handed but fights from the south-paw stance as he was taught from his old boxing coach.
    He also has an underrated wrestling game and throughly out wrestled Mike Bronzoulis. He also used wrestling vs Nick Diaz and Phil Baroni.

Joe Riggs has many holes in his game as he’s been KO’d 5 times and subbed 6 times. Also he has lost twice due to injury; once in his last fight and once to a slam a few years ago.
    If you watched his debut vs Ivan Salaverry he was upkick Ko’d into a triangle choke.

My thoughts on the fight:

I believe Patrick Cote will have the advantage standing. He’ll also have a few inches of reach on Riggs.
    Riggs imo has the wrestling advantage but not so much that he can out wrestle Cote without getting hit on the feet.

Joe Riggs has lost by decision a total of two times. One of those was to a wrestler in Jay Herion and the other one in 2002.
    At only 32 years of age Riggs has 50+ fights and a lot of wear.

If this was anywhere besides Canada, I’d probably skip the fight as Riggs odds are not that high and Cotes are too low.
    But since the fight is in Canada I can’t see Cote losing in front of his countryman and I see him winning by finish.

My bet:
    1 Unit on Patrick Cote even at -185.

Will look into Cote ITD and Riggs Decision props to see if they’re juicy.

[/spoiler]

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Agreed, I just think Joe Riggs chin won't hold up when the fight goes into deeper rounds.. Cote isn't a huge puncher but should have enough volume of strikes landed to eventually put away Diesel late.. Riggs does hold the slight wrestling advantage but we've seen Patrick Cote steady improve over the years with his take down defense and or ability to get back to his feet.. Not so sure Riggs can get him down and hold him down anyways.. Cote sports the granite chin and Joe Riggs does not. Don't forget Patrick Cote was a top ranked fighter not to long ago when he blew out his knee facing Anderson Silva. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Patrick-Cote-6612

Coming off a decision loss I expect to see the best Patrick Cote we've seen in a while, at age 35 it's now or never for Patrick Cote.. That should spell trouble for Joe Riggs.. ITD prop or Cote wins by KO is something to consider for sure..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-19-15 at 06:18 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

I'm more confident in Cote than Bisping. Already got 4U on Cote.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gonna try the O/U round bets one more time with this card and see what sticks but I'm gonna tone it down a bit....

Main event straight play odds are untouchable for me.... Mighty Mouse has been pretty dynamic and finishing fights lately in 2 of his last 3..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demetrious-Johnson-45452 With that being said I decided to try this prop below for positive value for a 100 bucks... It is a 5 round bout...

Pending4/25/15 11:59pm Props Fighting 1009 Johnson wins inside distance +115* vs Not Johnson inside distance

tebowned

How do you guys feel aboyt Cambell?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tebowned View Post
    How do you guys feel aboyt Cambell?
    Canadian dude, this is his UFC debut, one fight in the WSOF but just hasn't fought the level of competition that John Makdessi has.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shane-Campbell-34625

John Makdessi.. 5-3 in the UFC... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/John-Makdessi-37402

I haven't watched video yet but going off memory and sherdog info I believe I will be betting on John Makdessi... The height and reach advantage for Campbell concerns me... Both can stand and bang so you never know? I'll get back to this fight mid week... NO play for now....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-19-15 at 08:48 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

man the Johnson/Cariaso PPV only did 200K buys and that was with Cerrone/Alvarez and McGregor/Poirier. Johnson/Bagautinov did 115K buys, this one might be lower than that

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Jibby. MMA betting could be affecting your personal life. You dude need to go to a bar and get a woman, or man (what ever your into) and have some fun. Because what you are currently at is not healthy. Now they would charge $300 for that advice, yours for free my man.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Jibby. MMA betting could be affecting your personal life. You dude need to go to a bar and get a woman, or man (what ever your into) and have some fun. Because what you are currently at is not healthy. Now they would charge $300 for that advice, yours for free my man.
    MMA betting and writing about it is what I enjoy these days dog, tired of chasing hot tail for a quickie.... Been there done that more times then you want to know..... Haven't given up though on true love and soul mate, love the ladies and always will .. Lady luck I'm "very" fond of...

Hot chicks demand too much of my time and attention.. Nothing worse then meeting and liking a gal with entitlement issues with half a brain!!! The generation gaps are never fun either.. They want to go club'ing all night long and you want a steak dinner and a glass of wine to chill... Talk to me when you are 47 years old pal...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-19-15 at 11:33 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Jibby how old is your fat, virgin ass?

fitguy67

jibby: ^^today's chuckle^^
    the ruder these fukks get, the worse is their reading comprehension

BTW, amazing just how much better the payout is for Johnson, ITD vs. ML (+115 vs -900)

a no-brain auto-play...can't picture it still being plus-money by fight time
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-19-15 at 11:21 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a dumbass fuk View Post
    jibby: ^^today's chuckle^^
    the ruder these fukks get, the worse is their reading comprehension

BTW, amazing just how much better the payout is for Johnson, ITD vs. ML (+115 vs -900)

a no-brain auto-play...can't picture it still being plus-money by fight time
    Nice screenname. Rookie

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

here's a better place for this
    After watching Horiguchi fight at the most recent UFC in Saitama, I became a fan. His title shot is very slightly premature but I really like his chances of upsetting Mini Mouse. His training partner, Kid Yamamoto has already faced Demetrious, though it was a dominant win for Mini Mouse, maybe Kid can offer Horiguchi a good gameplan for him from his loss. He will definitely need to be on his "A" game for sure and fight a flawless fight. Really pulling for this kid to take that belt.

A comparison of this fight is similar to Pacman/Mayweather. Horiguchi hits really hard and is aggressive to attack. He covers a lot of space really well with his movements and black belt Karate background. I'm not worried about Mini Mouse knocking him out. The real threat is him being submitted. I doubt Mini Mouse will want to keep this fight standing. Hopefully Horiguchi has worked on his TDD.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

amazing just how much better the payout is for Johnson, ITD vs. ML (+115 vs -900)
    It's like JAKEPEAVY said in a prior post - just play the positive odds in MMA betting as it's a better chance of coming out ahead in the end if you know what you are doing...

However, if you must play the main event in this one -..... +115 is much better then -900 when betting on Mini Mouse to win, that is if the fight doesn't go to a decision!! Little guys tend to endure for the duration so we will see????? I'd rather lose 100 bucks when trying to win $115 then betting $900 to win $100 that's for sure.. Keeps you in the game longer and saves you from reloading with the bookies if by chance you do lose the steam roller bets..

Or you can just be a fan of the sport and pass on the bet completely in this main event bout and show solid gambling discipline and walk away unharmed either way... Live to play another day in other words!!!

Personally - If I watch I got have some action pending in a UFC main event.. Jibbby Junkie... Lol... Mighty Mouse Johnson ITD at +115 works for me win or lose.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-20-15 at 02:01 AM.

fitguy67

hey Unwritten,

you think horiguchi hits as hard (or even harder) than dodson or lineker (two hardest punchers i know of in that division)...

IF he hits considerably harder than dodson...it just might be enough of a sobering WTF "surprise" to DJ to throw him off his state of the art composure...and open up a crack in a possible window of victory...

i remember just a few weeks ago thinking that A.Pettis was invincible, and no matter how impressive RDA had been recently it just didn't matter...maybe a similar situation brewing here

and at this price...it's pretty cheap to be a brave pioneer on the play to steal a unit or two...risk a tootsie roll/win a television

i just locked in a "risk one-half to win three" ML play on Horiguchi...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-20-15 at 02:17 AM.

1234 ... Last