Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Koscheck steps in to fight Erick Silva 3/21

Lets go Kos, Time to go out on a win!!! Fresno! Looked real bad against Ellenburger, Hope Kos turns it around. Source: MMAFighting.com

Josh Koscheck has a new fight lined up.
    The longtime UFC veteran has agreed to replace injured Ben Saunders at UFC Fight Night 62 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on March 21, taking on 30-year-old welterweight Erick Silva. Combate first reported the news on Sunday.
    Koscheck (17-9), who returned to competition at UFC 184, losing to Jake Ellenberger via submission, steps inside the Octagon again on two weeks’ notice. The former welterweight title contender enters the bout in a four-fight losing streak with losses to Johny Hendricks, Robbie Lawler, Tyron Woodley and Ellenberger.
    Silva (17-5, 1 no-contest) looks to start his first win streak in the UFC after tapping Mike Rhodes in 75 seconds at UFC Fight Night 58 in December. Prior to that bout, the Brazilian welterweight, who bounced between wins and losses since entering the UFC in 2011, lost a "Fight of the Night" contest to Matt Brown.
    Koscheck vs. Silva co-headlines UFN 62 at the Maracanazinho gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro. The fight card features Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare in the main event.
    Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare
    Erick Silva vs. Josh Koscheck
    Gilbert Burns vs. Alex Oliveira
    Tony Martin vs. Leonardo Santos
    Shayna Baszler vs. Amanda Nunes
    Andre Fili vs. Godofredo Pepey
    Akbarh Arreola vs. Francisco Trinaldo
    Katsunori Kikuno vs. Kevin Souza
    Drew Dober vs. Leandro Silva
    Cain Carrizosa vs. Leonardo Mafra
    Jorge de Oliveira vs. Christos Giagos
    Fredy Serrano vs. Bentley Syler

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/8/...erick-silva-in

GREAT FADE MATERIAL is Kos!!! Who wanna get paid????
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-08-15 at 02:29 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

This is KOS last UFC fight on his contract. Will prob be last we see of Kos in the UFC, unless he goes to Bellator. Hopefully he ends his career on a win.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

After the performance in his last fight, I have no interest in seeing Kos fight again.

I read that Benson Henderson offered to take this fight against Silva. I would have much rather seen that go down.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

I read that Benson Henderson offered to take this fight against Silva. I would have much rather seen that go down.
    I saw that too, I think Bendo would have spanked Silva.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Does Kos have a bad gambling problem or something? LOl... Talk about short notice agreements for a pay day?

Even Tyson and Ali took fights in the end for paydays.. Even some multi millionaires filed for bankruptcy at some point with big names - let's take Donald Trump for example as he comes to mind...
    Can't blame Kos for stepping up and taking the payday so soon though.. He's in shape at worst still...

I will say this - It gets very expensive to keep up that rich life style when the big Zuffa income checks stop coming in like they use too.. You get broke, desperate and in debt fast... Not easy going from riches to poverty but it's humbling and that could be a good ting for most... You get grounded...

After this loss to Silva I'm still not so sure Kos could win in Bellator like Karo and Tito Ortis have been doing off and on in recent years...
    Bellator promoters start booking fights now.. Kos is coming
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-08-15 at 11:01 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Jon Fitch found success against Erick Silva.

Kos and Fitch are AKA buddies.

Kos might implement the same gameplan his training buddy used to get the W.

Ben Saunders is a stand up fighter.

If Erick Silva only trained his stand up and didn't prepare to face a high level wrestler, it is possible Kos could catch him unprepared.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

If Erick Silva only trained his stand up and didn't prepare to face a high level wrestler, it is possible Kos could catch him unprepared.
    You need your sanity checked my friend.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Does Kos have a bad gambling problem or something? LOl... Talk about short notice agreements for a pay day?

Even Tyson and Ali took fights in the end for paydays.. Even some multi millionaires filed for bankruptcy at some point with big names - let's take Donald Trump for example as he comes to mind...
    Can't blame Kos for stepping up and taking the payday so soon though.. He's in shape at worst still...

I will say this - It gets very expensive to keep up that rich life style when the big Zuffa income checks stop coming in like they use too.. You get broke, desperate and in debt fast... Not easy going from riches to poverty but it's humbling and that could be a good ting for most... You get grounded...

After this loss to Silva I'm still not so sure Kos could win in Bellator like Karo and Tito Ortis have been doing off and on in recent years...
    Bellator promoters start booking fights now.. Kos is coming
    Bellator 180
    Kos vs Bonnar
    Tito vs Shamrock 4
    Kimbo vs Kongo
    Petruzelli vs Mo
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Beelzebubzy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    You need your sanity checked my friend.
    Don't underestimate the Kos.

Silva has shown a suspect gas tank, a suspect chin and suspect takedown defense.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Kos skills are deminishing but he still has his wrestling-background. If Kos doesn't use his wrestling Kos will lose.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kos is a CAN guys, come on man!!!..

He tried shooting against Ellenhamburger and looked off, untimely, etc.. Kos lost his wrestling and fighting mojo years ago.. He's fighting on a name right now.. His standup looks horrible, he can't take a punch anymore and his MMA wrestling has abandoned him completely..

Honestly fellas when is the last time we've seen Kos successfully take someone down and keep em on their backs for half a round or more? I can't remember as it's been a VERY long time...

Kos is done fellas.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Koscheck-9418

I'd honestly be shocked if he beat Eric Silva who himself really isn't all that good.. We were saying that same thing about Jake Ellenberger before that fight and Jake took out Kos with ease... Made him foam at the mouth....

That's keeping it real with Kos...

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

As well as Kos I think Baszler is done too.

Probably get better odds for Nunes than Erik Silva

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by yacuna island View Post
    As well as Kos I think Baszler is done too.

Probably get better odds for Nunes than Erik Silva

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i took Kos last fight thinking he had some hunger left after a long layoff. He is a finished fighter. The guy is starting to fight like Lesnar at the end of his career. Afraid to get hit. Talking about concussions after his career is done. He will probably go balls to the wall for the first minute then fall the first time he gets hit in the face. The guy has nothing left. Collecting his last paycheck here. the simple fuk had an opportunity to have a nice career on Fox but he opened his mouth about a union for fighters and that is a big no no for the Fertita scab crew.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

GG KOS. gl with the business ventures.

last fight, he be a good coach tho

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

You're forgetting one important fact, KOS is NOT fitch! Kos is 100% fade material at this point..have you not been watching his fights? It really doesn't matter who the penetrate he has training him, kos doesn't like to get hit, sucks at stand up...and I don't see him out wrestling silva.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    bazsler is another can..I didn't really know much about her before seeing her on the tuf muff show , BUT.. from what I have seen .. she sucks balls! Her last couple of fights were pathetic (she was supposed to run though her opponents and instead got raped by way of strap on instead)

fade material! How can anybody bet this chicK? Wayyy toooo unreliable..especially in the ufc where the comp is a step up.

uggh, side note : last night killed me..pettis ruined my night (parlays) and lost over 6 units.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Kos may be relishing the opportunity to play in Brazil.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14032

too many washed-up fighters in ufc-mma now