slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Bret Hart was the best wrestler
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Hulk hogan was not a wrestler his stupid finisher was a leg drop lol

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Brock Lesnar, Matt Hamil, Dan Gable and Cael Sanderson once they became coaches and were paid. All of the "wrestlers" above were clowns, not wrestlers.
    Where do you think guys with amateur wrestling backgrounds used to end up before the MMA boom? There were alot of talented guys in pro wrestling. What about the catch guys, you have no respect for Billy Robinson?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Wheatstraw View Post
    1. Bruno Sammartino
    2. Hulk Hogan
    3. Bobo Brazil
    4. The Fabulous Moolah
    5. Cowboy Billy Watts
    6. Randy Travis
    7. Jesse Venturi
    8. Toro Tanaka
    9. Angelo Samoldi
    10. The Shiek
    I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've watched Professional Wrestling. I thought Randy Travis was a country western singer. The last time I watched wrestling my favorite was Scott Hall. I would think Hulk Hogan deserves to be #1 just for what he did for the sport.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rick Flair by a mile

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Big Boss Man
    Is that your fat Fukk idol

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Ok soooo sorry, wrestling is staged. You know hogan cut his forhead with a razor befor the fights so it would bleed right?
    Sounds like dedication to me. When's the last time Lebron or Tom Brady did some sht like that? I haven't watched wrestling since the late 90's but still respect these guys just as much if not more than the just as staged NBA and NFL

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Hogan
    Flair
    Sting
    Savage
    Backlund
    Undertaker
    Michaels
    Austin
    Angle
    Jericho

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    It depends if you're talking about greatest entertaining wrestlers that couldn't wrestle or best technical wrestlers.

Best technical wrestler is Shawn Michaels ( best in-ring performer)

Best "Personality" has to be Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair

I went to Wrestlemania 1 as a 14 year old and Wrestlemania put wrestling on the map. Without Hulk Hogan, that event would be nothing. Therefore, Hogan is on the list aside from his poor technical skills.

Most Underrated Wrestler: Mr. Perfect- Curt Hennig. He never held a world title and had the intercontinental title. Hennig was loved by all the wrestlers and was a great wrestler. Unfortunately, Vince McMahon couldn't count on Hennig to hold a major title due to his partying ways.

Best "Grinder"- Bret Hart - Guy didn't have the personality, but was technically sound and would wrestle more than any other wrestler to make a living.
    I also grew up watching pro wrestling in the 80's and went to Wrestlemania - watched it at The Spectrum in Philly on the big screen.

Bob Backkund was my fav. - Humble just the way I like my guys. I cried when Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel when The Iron Shiek submitted him with the Camel Clutch. He was also the guy who helped set up Hulkamania.

Greg Valentine and The Figure 4 leg lock - great heel
    "The Superfly" Jimmy Snuka - not Jimmy the Fly Snuka lol
    HillBilly Jim - He lurked in the stand s as a fan for a while before making his debut
    Andre The Giant - Legend - When he took the ring it was special.
    Hulk Hogan - Cause he's The Hulk
    Iron Shiek - Loved when he played with his Persian Clubs & challenged his opponents to do it and they couldn't. I hated when he beat Bob Backlund but he was entertaining. Loved his fancy boots too.
    Jake "The Snake" Roberts & the DDT - Ohhh Nooo he's bringing out the snake
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude - I'm looking pretty good and feeling even better. I can make a burlap bag look like a cashmere sweater! I'm not gay but I loved his physique.
    Ric Flair - Didn't see him much cause I watched mostly WWF but Woooooo
    George "The Animal" Steele - Crazy dude eating turn buckles
    S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones - Always wrestled really good guys but could never win those matches - always solo close.
    Ivan Putski - I would stare at the TV hoping to get a glimpse of his monster thighs - plus I loved when he executed the "polish hammer"
    Lex Luger - physical specimen
    Randy Savage - just because of Miss Elizabeth
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper - character but I didn't like it when he smashed that coconut on Snuka's head.

Sorry did you say 10? LOL
    Last edited by CaptChaos145; 02-11-15 at 11:51 PM.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I also grew up watching pro wrestling in the 80's and went to Wrestlemania - watched it at The Spectrum in Philly on the big screen.

Bob Backkund was my fav. - Humble just the way I like my guys. I cried when Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel when The Iron Shiek submitted him with the Camel Clutch. He was also the guy who helped set up Hulkamania.

HillBilly Jim - He lurked in the stand s as a fan for a while before making his debut
    Iron Shiek - Loved when he played with his Persian Clubs & challenged his opponents to do it and they couldn't. I hated when he beat Bob Backlund but he was entertaining. Loved his fancy boots too.
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude - I'm looking pretty good and feeling even better. I can make a burlap bag look like a cashmere sweater! I'm not gay but I loved his physique.
    S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones - Always wrestled really good guys but could never win those matches - always solo close.
    Ivan Putski - I would stare at the TV hoping to get a glimpse of his monster thighs - plus I loved when he executed the "polish hammer"
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper - character but I didn't like it when he smashed that coconut on Snuka's head.

Tltr

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Sounds like dedication to me. When's the last time Lebron or Tom Brady did some sht like that? I haven't watched wrestling since the late 90's but still respect these guys just as much if not more than the just as staged NBA and NFL
    Brohemith? You honestly think the nfl and nab are staged?

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Where is Benoit on this list?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Obviously TMS has never bet on wrestling.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

This kills me laughing every fukking time.

WTF

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've watched Professional Wrestling. I thought Randy Travis was a country western singer. The last time I watched wrestling my favorite was Scott Hall. I would think Hulk Hogan deserves to be #1 just for what he did for the sport.
    Finally someone picked up on it. Good job.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post

Big John Stud was a good one.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Chris Jericho
    Mr.Perfect
    Rowdy Roddy Pipper
    Bret Hitman Hart
    Owen Hart
    Tazz
    Kurt Angle
    Macho Man Randay Savage
    Ric the Nature Boy Flair

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

If you're talking for purely entertainment value it's hands down stone cold. He changed the whole game of wrestling. Highest ratings etc.

If you're gonna keep it old school I got to go with the nature boy Ric flair

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

The Texas Mutha Fukkin Rattlesnake

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Will always be my favorite.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Thought you were talking real wrastling

Aleksandr Karelin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Karelin

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

let's put some chicks on the list

stacy kiebler
    alexa bliss
    aj lee
    kelly kelly
    brie bella

even if some of them couldn't wrestle, they sure were entertaining to watch

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

stacy kiebler
    alexa bliss
    aj lee
    kelly kelly
    brie bella

Points Awarded:

stealthyburrito gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Forgot Rick Martel,use to cut some of the best promos.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

stacy kiebler
    alexa bliss
    aj lee
    kelly kelly
    brie bella

Charlotte Flair
    Alundre Blayze
    Sable
    Velvet Sky
    Nadia Hart

milwaukee mike

i was in the front row when stacy kiebler was with the dudley boys

she was wearing short camo shorts and bending over the apron for the entire match, i thought i was gonna have a heart attack

outfit looked like this

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Forgot to mention John Smith.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

The Honkey Tonk Man.

Sky Low Low.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

RIP Shitstraw

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

My top 10 in no particular order:

Hogan- Terrible wrestler, but in the 80s and 90s there were a ton of marks for this guy. He had the charisma and Vinny Mac had the vision. Without Hulkamania, pro wrestling may not be what it is today. Possibly still would have territories.

Andre- Only really saw the tail end of his career as I was born in the mid 80s, and today Andre would probably get booed out of every arena due to the smarks, but at the time, Andre was a physical presence that had to be reckoned with. He was on the losing end of WM III, but was just as important, if not more important than Hulk in that match. Also any guy that can down 150 beers in one sitting is OK in my book.

Savage- Never had the size of most guys, but could have a great match with anyone. The two that will always stick out in my mind were Savage/Steamboat at WM III and Savage/Flair at WM VIII. Snap into a Slim Jim!!!

HBK- You don't get called Mr WrestleMania unless you can bring it on the biggest stage of them all. Hated Shawn when he turned on Marty at the Barber Shop, but he made a good heel and eventually, after cleaning up his act, seemed to get better with age. Iron Man match with Bret Hart, losing to Austin and both matches vs Undertaker really stick out in my mind. I legitimately thought he stood a chance against Undertaker.

Stone Cold- What can you not say about the guy? Even as Stunning Steve Austin in the WCW he had great in ring ability. Then he and Vince really became the key ingredients to the Attitude Era. He was week in and week out doing what every guy wanted to do... Give the bird to his boss and deliver the stunner.

The Rock- The Great One, The People's Champion, The Jabroni Beating... Pie Eating... Trail Blazin... Eye Brow Raizin... If you smellllll..... The Rock had Mic skills that were hard to match and worked well in the ring too. All of his WM matches with Stone Cold were amazing.

Undertaker- The Dead Man lasted for 27 years just in the WWF/WWE and though he has altered his gimmick (ok, he completely changed it for a bit with American Bad Ass), the Undertaker commanded respect in the locker room and the squared circle. His mystique continues and I wish him all the best in his retirement. Also, I was legit scared of this guy as a kid.

Bruno- Never saw him wrestle, but I am aware of what he was for Vince Sr. Feel like he has to be on this list for his title run.

Sting- My favorite wrestler as a kid. True professional, and did not complain for having to take a back seat to Hogan when he came over to the WCW. He had size, but he had moves too. Loved both his gimmicks as Surfer and Crow. Shame he came over to the WWE so late, but I don't blame him for being hesitant.

Ric Flair- The Nature Boy aka Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, woooo, wheelin dealin, limousine riding, jet flying son of a gun!!! Flair was to the NWA/WCW what Hogan was to the WWF. Had Ted Turner won the Monday Night Wars, people might be saying there is no professional wrestling without Flair instead of Hogan. He had the look, he was dirty inside the ring and his mic skills cannot be matched. I leave you with my favorite Naich promo.

Honorable mentions:

Bret Hart
    Dusty Rhodes
    Von Erichs
    Ultimate Warrior
    Shane McMahon
    Bobby Heenan- not a wrestler, but made so many wrestlers
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave 7deuceoff$uit 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

sting was a total prick to me in memphis one time, so he is off my list (or on my list if it's like the list of jericho)

guys that were cool/friendly in person over the years (i'm missing a ton)

-brutus beefcake (once when we were checking into a hotel where the wrestlers were staying my mom said "wow you're big and good looking" how embarassing)
    -greg valentine
    -ken patera
    -iron shiek
    -booker t
    -rhyno
    -honky tonk man

probably depends on what kind of mood you catch these guys in... vast majority were super nice when i met them

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

sting was a total prick to me in memphis one time, so he is off my list (or on my list if it's like the list of jericho)

guys that were cool/friendly in person over the years (i'm missing a ton)

-brutus beefcake (once when we were checking into a hotel where the wrestlers were staying my mom said "wow you're big and good looking" how embarassing)
    -greg valentine
    -ken patera
    -iron shiek
    -booker t
    -rhyno
    -honky tonk man

probably depends on what kind of mood you catch these guys in... vast majority were super nice when i met them
    Curious... what did sting do?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rick Flair and Hogan bridged multiple generations.

I love this thread.

I don’t know if I can rank them.

First 1234 Last