THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir (February 22, 2015)

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Frank Mir vs. Antonio Silva
    Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson
    Sam Alvey vs. Cezar Ferreira
    Rustam Khabilov vs. Adriano Martins
    Iuri Alcantara vs. Frankie Saenz
    Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Sean Strickland

FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET
    Jessica Andrade vs. Marion Reneau
    Matt Dwyer vs. William Macario
    Mike De La Torre vs. Tiago Trator
    Wendell Oliveira vs. T.J. Waldburger

UFC Fight Pass, 5 p.m. ET
    Cody Gibson vs. Douglas Silva
    Ivan Jorge vs. Josh Shockley

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Geez, Gotta go with Big Foot but not at those odds.. Both of these guys blow, Mir is done and out of MMA if he loses... Waiting for Big Foot ITD prop or win by KO prop to come out..

Frank Mir hasn't fought in a year.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frank-Mir-2329

THE_LOCKSMITH

Next... Sunday Card

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Big Foot is he really hasn't won in his last 7 fights and over 4 years. Yeah I know he beat Reem and Browne BUT Reem was winning that fight handily and beat himself more than Big Foot beat him & Browne blew his knee out. Big Foot's last REAL win was against Fedor. His fight with Hunt was good. Also you can argue most/all the fighters Big Foot lost to are all better than Mir.

Mir, on the other hand, has been on the losing end in his last 4 and he was never really in any of those fights. His last good win was against a sick Roy Nelson (I was at that fight-worst live UFC I ever attended) 4 years ago. He beat Big Nog but...

The reason why I'm mentioning all this is because I think it's impossible to intelligently pick this fight. Both guys are over the hill, have been losing, had similar results against common opponents, etc... I think whoever is more prepared/hungry wins and we don't know this. Speculate all we want. It's just guessing imo.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I may be changing my play to Frank Mir at +200.. Both these guys suck but I'm thinking just maybe Frank Mir can stick move like he did against Big Nog and pull off the win.. Mir should have the speed advantage if that means anything.. Big Foot has looked like crap lately.. Mir not much better though..

I took another look and changed my mind from my first post on this thread..

PROPS - Frank Mir boxes and moves all fight for the decision win maybe? Looking at the props this might be worth a try anyways...

Sun 2/22 1011 Mir wins by 5 round decision +1250
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-15 at 12:39 PM.

Iamcloud
    Iamcloud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Bigfoot is off TRT and in his last bout vs Arlovski he looked very weak and slow. Most likely he is going to retire after this one I think betting on Mir is the high value play here.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Mir and Arlovski train in the same gym.

Its possible Mir will try to emulate Arlovski's success.

Mir's striking has never looked nearly as good as Arlovski's stand up though.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Had a small play on Arlovski fading Silva, lets not forget the power of Mir

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^

RonPaulsBankRoll
    RonPaulsBankRoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both have hands and can throw them.

I would go all in but im empty.

phelios
    phelios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

you were right jibby. the other forum sucks. But I think Ron Paul is banned now? I cant pm him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Going with these 2 Brazilians for starters as I think the odds will jump for both favorites...

Thinking Cesar Ferreire's jaw holds up against smiling Sam Alvey and wins this fight in Brazil by decision.. I think Sam is slow and predictable and was more lucky then good in his last win.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Cezar-Ferreira-22400

Thinking another Brazilian in Jessica Andrade gets it done also.. Reason being - Marion Reneau has a deceiving record at 5-1 simply put.. The people she has beaten have a pro record of 3-3, 0-1, 0-2, 0-1, 5-2. 3 of her 5 wins come against people that don’t have good records.. Her only win worth counting is her last, making her 1-1 in pro MMA. She is also 37, 13 years older.. For the record when there is a large age gap like that the younger fighter wins 75% of the time. Jéssica is 3-1 in UFC fights, her UFC loss was to Liz Carmouche who I think is tough and a top 10 fighter, she is the only person to put Ronda briefly in a bad position, plus its in Brazil.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jessica-Andrade-100715
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-17-15 at 03:21 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Would play the prop Mir by sub almost every time.

UncleChael

Big foot fresh off a knock out loss and isn't using the TRT he needs, his bodys giving up on him. Can both these guys still fight?

phelios

Chael are you going to watch this card? Im trying to care but cant.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Can both these guys still fight?
    Probably not but we'll bet and check anyways right?

phelios

Edson Barboza is the bet. The chins issues are over blown and he can out wrestle Johnson.

phelios

I want to bet Reneau too just because it makes a lot of sense but Andrades strength last fight seemed fishy to me. Plus this is in brazil with almost zero drug testing. Doing the math I dont like it.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Gonna wait until weigh-ins to make any plays. But I agree with the board that both Silva and Mir are over the hill. If the doesn't doesn't significantly drop, I will lean towards Mir in the main event. If he can get Big Foot to the mat with ease, I think he will win.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by phelios View Post
    Edson Barboza is the bet. The chins issues are over blown and he can out wrestle Johnson.
    Michael Johnson is a tough out and really has shown improvement fight to fight, his last 3 wins in the UFC are against very respectable opponents.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788..

I'm not so quick to count out Michael Johnson in this fight anyways.. While Edson is very explosive and quick, Michael Johnson has also shown he has a very solid chin as he's never been KO'd. His wrestling and ground isn't that bad anymore either.. Hmmm?...

UncleChael

I try and watch every card. I took two favs -250/Gibson and -180/Strickland. The main event is set at 1.5 rounds and for the Co Main I thought MJ might have better wrestling but there was major line movement on Edson but its back to normal again. So no play yet.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by phelios View Post
    Barboza chin issues are overblown?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Don't know how anyone could take Silva with any confidence here. Mir or no play, juicy enough odds on him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Would play the prop Mir by sub almost every time.
    Here ya go Unc it's out..

Sun 2/22 1039 Mir wins by submission +480

phelios

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Barboza chin issues are overblown?
    well see

phelios

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Michael Johnson is a tough out and really has shown improvement fight to fight, his last 3 wins in the UFC are against very respectable opponents.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788.. I'm not so quick to count out Michael Johnson in this fight anyways.. While Edson is very explosive and quick, Michael Johnson has also shown he has a very solid chin as he's never been KO'd. His wrestling and ground isn't that bad anymore either.. Hmmm?...
    Im really impress with Barboza's grappling. Guess im the only guy here who like Edson and Marion on this card.

phelios

alot of people pm'ing about the other forum. I cant respond because I dont have 40 posts. The other forum sucks. mods trigger happy to warn and edit posts if they dont like you or your style of posting. So basically nothing different than any other shitty mma forum. No freedom of speech and people will snitch on you in a heart beat. http://oddsb.com/forum/index.php there it is. F-ck that forum and everyone associated with it.

phelios

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Looking at this Mir/Big Foot fight the over 1 1/2 rounds bet at -115 might just be the best call.. Hmmmm?

We know Big Foot Silva just went the distance with Hunt while probably on TRT though, but Mir doesn't punch as hard or like Arlovski either... Frank Mir generally likes to dance around early on.... Just maybe these cans will fight a little cautious for a round or two are my thoughts in this 5 rounder anyways..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Silva-12354

What do you think fellas? Am I fishing?

Sun 2/22 1001 Antonio Silva -290 o1½ -115
    10:30PM 1002 Frank Mir +245 u1½ -115
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-18-15 at 01:19 AM.

phelios

Over seems to be right. I dont think there is any way Mir can win a decision here. He doesnt have the wrestling to control Bigfoot. So if Mir tries to win it might be over quick.

phelios

Took Reneau +195. Makes too much sense. Yeah Andrade will be stronger but can she rip Reneau down and hold her down? Im thinking not. Reneau has a solid grappling back ground. On the feet I thought Andrade looked very basic against Pennington who is a low volume counter striker. I actually scored that Pennginton fight against Andrade. A lot is made of age and Reneau not being a big name. This fight is very close. Depends on who can stay consistent for 3 rnds. Reneau just has the better balance and physical abilities. I cant pass this one up.
    Last edited by phelios; 02-18-15 at 05:34 AM.

phelios

Do not like the way Andrade lunges with her weight forward striking. Easy to get countered and easy to take down. That only works if the opponent stays in straight lines and covers up for dear life.

phelios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYS-s0pk2U Reneau grappling. Im thinking Andrade gets swept if she comes into to grapple. Reneau is the more complete grappler but im thinking she wants Andrade on the feet. I can see Andrade stealing rounds trying to get the take down or hanging half a round onto a guillotine that will never work. +195 I think it's worth it.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave phelios 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Andrade's only loss is recent years is to Liz Carmoche, this fight was in America and not in Brazil, it was her UFC Octagon debut (jitters).. She lost the fight but had her moments early on.. She then rips off 3 wins after that loss and is now fighting in Brazil.. Tough to bet against that I think..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jessica-Andrade-100715

1234 ... Last