BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Harold Lederman's Scorecard

Does anyone have access to or know Harold Lederman's scoring thus far in the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight? There are a lot of props tied to his scoring, and I'd really appreciate a round by round breakdown or a link to find it. Thanks gents

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

He had it 116-112 Mayweather.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I couldn't believe it was a split decision. I thought it was quite clear that Mayweather won that fight without any question at all.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Agreed Dan. I had a pretty good sized bet on Floyd by decision +105, and I was sweating it out when I heard the first judge had Oscar 115-113. I scored the fight 116-112 Mayweather, and I can't understand how anyone could give DLH more than 5 rounds in that fight, let alone have him winning it. Mayweather dominated whenever they were in the middle of the ring, which was 90% of the fight, and even when Oscar had Floyd on the ropes and threw combos, most punches were blocked.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Because flash typically rules the sport of boxing (i.e. both Hopkins/Taylor fights and the Wright/Taylor fight, where Jermaine lost all 3, but came out with two miracle wins and a draw)

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I'm just glad ol' Harold kept it within 5 points

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Because flash typically rules the sport of boxing (i.e. both Hopkins/Taylor fights and the Wright/Taylor fight, where Jermaine lost all 3, but came out with two miracle wins and a draw)
    Owned, I respectfully disagree about the 2 Taylor/Hopkins fights. I really like B-Hop but I feel he made a tactical error in both fights by starting too slow. I understand that he needed to respect Taylor's power but he respected it way too much. Taylor was the superior fighter for the first 8 rounds of both fights. Hopkins only came on in the last 4 rounds of both fights. He waited until Taylor was a little tired before mounting his attack. He lost the first fight this way and then did the exact same thing the second fight.

Taylor was way too young, too fast, and too strong for the great B-Hop. A bad matchup for him. B-Hop knew that if he challenged the kid Taylor too early in the fight in both fights, that he was in for it. You could clearly see the respect B-Hop was giving him. The difference in hand speed and power was noticeable. Taylor is a damn good fighter.