JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    John's boyfriend.
    Congrats Nunya as you know my first name. Drop my last name or home address to Dox me further and I will do everything in my power to ruin you and MD... I never complained to the mods before but if I get doxxed any further I will. May even go to personal levels to hunt you down.. I have the means to do it but don't want to...

Doxxing is a low scum bag move and simply not cool... Don't go there fellas...

For the record I date women and not little girls and I certainly don't date men...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-15 at 10:45 PM.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Don't be such a dickey. You can find your name by googling your ridiculous handle.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Sigh. You two are embarrassing yourselves. Nunya, you especially. You're usually a voice of reason around here and this type of nonsense should be beneath you, but here you go jumping into the mud puddle like the rest of the retards.

So, let's go back to talking about movies. Apparently "Boyhood" just won three Golden Globes (including one for Best Drama). If any of you watch that movie and come away from the experience thinking it's a film that's even remotely competent, please let me know as I'm genuinely curious what people are seeing in it. Myself, I thought it was laughably bad (and I say that as an Ethan Hawke fan). The fact that it was filmed over the course of 12 years to show its characters actually aging was ambitious to be sure... but that doesn't even come close to excusing the poor execution. Seriously, check it out and get back to me.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Das Jax 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post
    Don't be such a dickey. You can find your name by googling your ridiculous handle.
    Disappointed in you Bava... Really am...

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Congrats Nunya as you know my first name. Drop my last name or home address to Dox me further and I will do everything in my power to ruin you and MD... I never complained to the mods before but if I get doxxed any further I will. May even go to personal levels to hunt you down.. I have the means to do it but don't want to...

Doxxing is a low scum bag move and simply not cool... Don't go there fellas...

For the record I date women and not little girls and I certainly don't date men...
    Thanks for clearing that up Jibbby...

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    Sigh. You two are embarrassing yourselves. Nunya, you especially. You're usually a voice of reason around here and this type of nonsense should be beneath you, but here you go jumping into the mud puddle like the rest of the retards.

So, let's go back to talking about movies. Apparently "Boyhood" just won three Golden Globes (including one for Best Drama). If any of you watch that movie and come away from the experience thinking it's a film that's even remotely competent, please let me know as I'm genuinely curious what people are seeing in it. Myself, I thought it was laughably bad (and I say that as an Ethan Hawke fan). The fact that it was filmed over the course of 12 years to show its characters actually aging was ambitious to be sure... but that doesn't even come close to excusing the poor execution. Seriously, check it out and get back to me.
    Since i have a life why would i want to watch a movie about non-existent people growing up in a twelve year life span?

Not surprised it got an award. those award shows are meaningless and mostly full of terrible movies anyway.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Since i have a life why would i want to watch a movie about non-existent people growing up in a twelve year life span?

Not surprised it got an award. those award shows are meaningless and mostly full of terrible movies anyway.
    Do you understand how movies work? I enjoy movies and try to watch all the top-rated movies that come out. We'd been talking about movies previously so I was curious to know what other people who watch the movie had to say about it. I posted a similar message on my facebook page and a guy I know literally said it was the best movie he'd ever seen... and that blows my mind.

marzwoody

Do you understand how movies work? I enjoy movies and try to watch all the top-rated movies that come out. We'd been talking about movies previously so I was curious to know what other people who watch the movie had to say about it. I posted a similar message on my facebook page and a guy I know literally said it was the best movie he'd ever seen... and that blows my mind.
    I only need to read the basic description of a film to know whether its worth watching or not. top-rated films mean nothing to me these days. look at Drive and countless others. i'm all for discussing films though.

Watched the other day: The drop. pretty decent film Tom Hardy kills it in every role.

Under the skin. really strange film with an amazing soundtrack. every film fan should watch it once.

Planning on watching:
    Gone girl
    Birdman
    Inherent vice
    Last edited by marzwoody; 01-12-15 at 12:28 AM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Watching movies while working out helps ease the boredom.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Watching movies while working out helps ease the boredom.
    I suggest "STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE"

Here2HaveFun
    Here2HaveFun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Long time lurker...anyone care to share a link to the new site?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Here2HaveFun View Post
    Long time lurker...anyone care to share a link to the new site?

marzwoody

Speaking of films watched the wolf of wall street earlier, what a shit film.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm still game Nunya.. You picked up another win last night and you are now above .500.. Keep it up...

01/12/2015 10:52 AM Basketball NBA 701 Houston Rockets -6½ vs 702 Brooklyn Nets
    Pending

Jibbby 7-3
    Nunya 6-5
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-12-15 at 09:58 AM.

marzwoody

Lets make a deal. you watch the wolf of wall street and tell me how anyone can like that film unless there a 15 year old and i'll watch boyhood and tell you what i think about it.

I don't mind immature comedy films like Superbad, but the wolf is just unfunny and pointless.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

marzwoody

The wolf of wall street might be worse then drive. basically just some arsehole saying i did this then i did that, like anyone is supposed to give a fck. probably like one funny scene in the whole film. it is just pointless. fck that film.

Btw if you want the real story just go watch an interview with Jordan Belfort on youtube. its much more entertaining then this dogshit film, Scorsese what was he thinking

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

it didnt do much for me in all honesty. Easy viewing and all. I've never been a big di Caprio fan though anyway

Here2HaveFun
    Here2HaveFun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Can't send a PM because of low post count, no idea if I can receive one or not.

here2havefun99 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks V.

Just tried to give you all my 30 bet points V, won't let me do that either.
    Last edited by Here2HaveFun; 01-12-15 at 12:45 PM. Reason: lol bet points

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I only need to read the basic description of a film to know whether its worth watching or not. top-rated films mean nothing to me these days. look at Drive and countless others. i'm all for discussing films though.

Watched the other day: The drop. pretty decent film Tom Hardy kills it in every role.

Under the skin. really strange film with an amazing soundtrack. every film fan should watch it once.

Planning on watching:
    Gone girl
    Birdman
    Inherent vice
    The wolf of wall street might be worse then drive. basically just some arsehole saying i did this then i did that, like anyone is supposed to give a fck. probably like one funny scene in the whole film. it is just pointless. fck that film.

Btw if you want the real story just go watch an interview with Jordan Belfort on youtube. its much more entertaining then this dogshit film, Scorsese what was he thinking
    Looks like we won't be able to shake all​ the morons when we move to the new forum.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Looks like we won't be able to shake all​ the morons when we move to the new forum.
    So you would watch a film if the description on wiki read: A sombre tale about a transvestite vampire and her struggles with fitting in society? your time is obviously worth less then mine.

marzwoody

MD you watch films without having any idea what there about? why would you do that?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 01-12-15 at 02:41 PM.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Marz, I'm almost afraid to ask but did you see Only God Forgives? Probably my favorite movie of 2013.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Marz, I'm almost afraid to ask but did you see Only God Forgives? Probably my favorite movie of 2013.

Crassus

lol2deep4u

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Oh and another thing NUNYA my NBA pick today just covered which makes me 7-3 in this contest.. That's a 70% winning percentage that I can continue to keep up all month long... Keep in mind one of my 3 losses was a football pick that I kinda knew I might lose in an attempt to let you catch up.. I should be 8-2 if I was really serious about this contest but I felt bad as you were falling behind early on... Honest truth....
    Nunya 5-5
    Jibbby 7-3

marzwoody

lol2deep4u
    Were you serious? i haven't seen but have no intention since its the same guy behind Drive.

Have you seen Under the skin? highly recommend brah.

Crassus

Were you serious? i haven't seen but have no intention since its the same guy behind Drive.

Have you seen Under the skin? highly recommend brah.
    Oh yeah Hoss, I mean if you hated Drive I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it. It is set in Thailand though which makes it inherently pretty awesome. Depends on what you disliked about Drive lol. I haven't seen Under the Skin but it looks pretty awesome in all honesty.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    We bringing marzy?!

mirinquads

Oh yeah Hoss, I mean if you hated Drive I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it. It is set in Thailand though which makes it inherently pretty awesome. Depends on what you disliked about Drive lol. I haven't seen Under the Skin but it looks pretty awesome in all honesty.
    Film was beaten down by the critics, but i throughly enjoyed it.. I felt like it's kind of a mood film though, I could see my self being annoyed with it if I wasn't in the right mood. And the dream sequences was kind of 2deep4u metaphorical. Refn on point with the cinematography but he's jerking him self off a little too much here. The mother was a bit too much of a caricature as well. Some sick scenes in there though.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Film was beaten down by the critics, but i throughly enjoyed it.. I felt like it's kind of a mood film though, I could see my self being annoyed with it if I wasn't in the right mood. And the dream sequences was kind of 2deep4u metaphorical. Refn on point with the cinematography but he's jerking him self off a little too much here. The mother was a bit too much of a caricature as well. Some sick scenes in there though.
    Oh yeah, you definitely have to be in the right mood for it. It definitely has points where it loses itself in the message it's trying to make, and in fairness a decent amount of the story was pretty weak but the film itself just sounded and looked so beautiful....I loved it.

Any of you guys seen Paprika?

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Here2HaveFun View Post
    Can't send a PM because of low post count, no idea if I can receive one or not.

here2havefun99 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks V.

Just tried to give you all my 30 bet points V, won't let me do that either.
    No randoms bro. its probably Luca Fury's ghost.

mirinquads

Oh yeah, you definitely have to be in the right mood for it. It definitely has points where it loses itself in the message it's trying to make, and in fairness a decent amount of the story was pretty weak but the film itself just sounded and looked so beautiful....I loved it.

What Inception could have been.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    We bringing marzy?!
    Nunya vouched for him, apparently.

Take it up with him.
    Points Awarded:

Wilbo86 gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MD

All of Kon's works are masterpieces, but Paprika may be his best. Amazing film.

MD you watch films without having any idea what there about? why would you do that?
    You cannot judge how good a film is by the plot synopsis, unless you have a very unilateral idea about what is appealing in a film. And yes, sometimes.
    Last edited by MD; 01-12-15 at 04:19 PM.

First 12345 ... Last