FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Was anyone counting how many bankrolls RP lost tonight? Like to know these things.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

^^there's this thing called "arithmetic" that can be useful in situations like this^^

I'll get you started on applying it, guided by this other thing called "logic" in a way that you can satisfy your own curiosity (enabling you to report your findings to the rest of us...we'd like to know these things, too! How cool can that be, bro?)

Let's start with the play-summary as posted the day BEFORE the event:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Picks & Plays

Gustafsson vs Johnson. Small play on Gustafsson via Unanimous decision
    Henderson vs Mousasi. Huge play on Mousasi
    Davis vs Bader. Small play Davis via decision
    Corassani vs Sicilia. Tiny play Sicilia TKO
    Tumenov vs Musoke. No play
    Robertson vs Aliev. Tiny play on Aliev
    Ogle vs Amirkhani. Small play on Amirkhani
    Krylov vs Nedkov. Tiny plays on Krylov & Krylov TKO
    Taisumov vs Christodoulou. Tiny play on Taisumov TKO
    Erokhin vs Pesta. Tiny play Erokhin via TKO
    Bektic vs Redmond. Huge play on Bektic
    Seery vs Beal. Small play on the over 2.5

Clearly, to answer your own question, you must in some sensible way take the adjectives "tiny, small, (normal), huge, (massive)" and quantify them...something like this

Tiny=1u
    Small=2u
    Normal=3u
    Huge=4u
    Massive=5u
    Taisumov,TKO=Win, 1u play
    Krylov=Win, 1u play
    Krylov,TKO=Lose, 1u play
    Amirkhani=Win, 2u play
    Aliev=Lose, 1u play
    Sicilia,TKO=Win,1u play
    Davis,DEC=Lose, 2u play
    Mousasi=Win, 4u play
    Gustafsson,UD=Lose, 2u play

So, overall he's registered 6 wins, on plays involving 13units (4+1+1+2+1+4)
    and he's registered 5 losses, on plays involving 7 units (1+1+1+2+2)...

Of course, prices of each play must be taken into account...here's where you come in...look up the 5d closing price for each of the plays and if it's a favorite (you know, the price has that "hyphen" thingy in front of it) you treat the play as if it is to win the appropriate number of units...and if it is an underdog (you know the price has that "crucifix" thingy in front of it)...you treat the play as if it risks that number of units.

I'll leave it to you to answer your own question now Einstein...but seeing that the maximum "number of bankrolls" anyone could ever lose at one event is ONE...and that would require risking all 100 units and losing each and every play...the ridiculousness of your question should be readily apparent even to you.

As a matter of fact, it's highly unlikely, unless there was enormous chalk involved that you'll find this to be a losing night at all (in fact, rather than shrink, RP's bankroll has probably grown a pleasant amount)...so your question should really have been:

"By what percentage did RP's bankroll grow? Like to know these things..."

Anyhow, now that I've got you pointed in the right direction, you are now in a position to calculate the%bankroll impact of the 11 plays that RP was so kind to have posted for his forum bros well before the event.

Please use standard "W-L, __u" format" and express the number of units to two decimal points...

In the future feel free to perform the same calculation on RP's plays after each and every event...because, you know, "we like to know these things".

Thank you in advance for taking the trouble to satisfy your own curiosity...and for reporting the result to all of us. We all would like to know, just how Mr._2012 did tonight, with reasonable quantification of his bet-size descriptors, such as I've outlined for your above.

Knock yourself out.

"Give a man a fish...feed him for a day...teach him to fish...feed him for a lifetime."
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-25-15 at 12:41 AM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Was anyone counting how many bankrolls RP lost tonight? Like to know these things.
    I won around 35 units Plucky. Thanks for asking. I stopped doing the quickening for awhile but since you opened the door. This one's for you!

fitguy67

Ron, i turned this into a practical "do it yourself" exercise for the poor kid! Hope this isn't one of Nunya's think-tank "keepers"

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    ^^there's this thing called "arithmetic" that can be useful in situations like this^^

I'll get you started on applying it, guided by this other thing called "logic" in a way that you can satisfy your own curiosity (and report your findings to the rest of us...we'd like to know these things, too!)

start with the play-summary as posted the day BEFORE the event:

clearly, to answer your own question, you must in some sensible way take the adjectives tiny, small, (normal), huge and quantify them...something like this

Tiny=1u
    Small=2u
    Normal=3u
    Huge=4u
    Krylov=Win, 1u play
    Krylov,TKO=Lose, 1u play
    Amirkhani=Win, 2u play
    Aliev=Lose, 1u play
    Sicilia,TKO=Win,1u play
    Davis,DEC=Lose, 2u play
    Mousasi=Win, 4u play

Of course, prices of each play must be taken into account...here's where you come in...look up the 5d closing price for each of the plays and if it's a favorite (you know, the price has that "hyphen" thingy in front of it) you treat the play as if it is to win the appropriate number of units...and if it is an underdog (you know the price has that "crucifix" thingy in front of it)...you treat the play as if it risks that number of units.

I'll leave it to you to answer your own question now Einstein...but seeing that the maximum "number of bankrolls" anyone could ever lose at one event is ONE...and that would require risking all 100 units and losing each and every play...the ridiculousness of your question should be readily apparent even to you.

As a matter of fact, it's highly unlikely, unless there was enormous chalk involved that you'll find this to be a losing night at all (I suspect that, rather than shrink, RP's bankroll has grown a pleasant amount)...so your question should really have been:

"By what percentage did RP's bankroll change? Like to know these things..."

Anyhow, now that I've got you pointed in the right direction, you are now in a position to calculate the%bankroll impact of the 11 plays that RP was so kind to have posted for his forum bros...well before the event.

Please use standard "W-L, __u" format" and express the number of units to two decimal points...

In the future feel free to perform the same calculation on RP's plays after each and event...because, you know, "we like to know these things".

Thank you in advance for taking the trouble to satisfy your own curiosity...and for reporting the result to all of us. We all would like to know, just how Mr._2012 did tonight, with reasonable quantification of his bet-size descriptors, such as I've outlined for your above.

Knock yourself out.
    Way off on the units fit. But there wasn't anything for you to go on. For future reference. Tiny, Tiny/Small, Small, Small/Medium, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, Large/Big, Big, Big/Huge, Huge, Huge Gigantic, Gigantic, ALL IN BABY! Furthermore, the picks/plays was a rough sketch of all of my plays. I had around 20 plays mostly parlays & many multi event (from last week mixed with this week) parlays. Obviously the purpose of the picks/plays is to help those that wish to tail. However, posting parlays that started last week & end next week isn't going to help most people. So to just keep it simple I go with the rough sketch. Hope everyone had a fantastic night! Cheers! Hey fit. What type of music are you listening to these days? I use to get suggestions from MD but for some reason he's been in a less than cheerful mood lately.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think Moose could have really teed off on him, but he didn't out of respect.
    He paused for a second when Dan was slumped against the fence. If it were anyone else but Dan he would have flurried.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    That takedown at the end probably won it for him.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    MD 100% wrong
    Of course he made a fool of himself again. But to be fair it wasn't bad compared to his Alex Chambers call. The girl fights @ 105 for goodness sake.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

I'll get you started on applying it, guided by this other thing called "logic" in a way that you can satisfy your own curiosity (enabling you to report your findings to the rest of us...we'd like to know these things, too! How cool can that be, bro?)

Let's start with the play-summary as posted the day BEFORE the event:

Clearly, to answer your own question, you must in some sensible way take the adjectives "tiny, small, (normal), huge, (massive)" and quantify them...something like this

Tiny=1u
    Small=2u
    Normal=3u
    Huge=4u
    Massive=5u
    Krylov=Win, 1u play
    Krylov,TKO=Lose, 1u play
    Amirkhani=Win, 2u play
    Aliev=Lose, 1u play
    Sicilia,TKO=Win,1u play
    Davis,DEC=Lose, 2u play
    Mousasi=Win, 4u play

As a matter of fact, it's highly unlikely, unless there was enormous chalk involved that you'll find this to be a losing night at all (in fact, rather than shrink, RP's bankroll has probably grown a pleasant amount)...so your question should really have been:

"By what percentage did RP's bankroll grow? Like to know these things..."

Anyhow, now that I've got you pointed in the right direction, you are now in a position to calculate the%bankroll impact of the 11 plays that RP was so kind to have posted for his forum bros well before the event.

In the future feel free to perform the same calculation on RP's plays after each and every event...because, you know, "we like to know these things".

Knock yourself out.

"Give a man a fish...feed him for a day...teach him to fish...feed him for a lifetime."

Fatguy, I thought we were refraining from directly addressing people who are on your bad list... Is that not a rule anymore? You went to great pains for days to explain in ridiculous detail, and then you forget your own rule at the very first opportunity? Did you just quietly drop it because it made you look like an idiot, or do you not read your posts either?

Other than that, I think your social experiment is working really well; your ability to come off as pompous and condescending, even when giving the completely wrong answers to questions directed at others, is really impressive. Viva la revolucion!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Davis shot his mouth all week about being the best MMA wrestler out there and can take down Jones and keep him there. He couldn't even take down Badar. If they gave Davis that one takedown in which it was actually Badar going for the take down, i would be surprised. Jones threw around Badar like a rag doll but this delusional Davis thinks he is above the rest when it comes to wrestling. Rashad out wrestled him. Just a boring ass fighter who thinks he is a lot better then he actually is. They need to give him Rampage next. Then he can get back on track.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

^^Sounds like you had a nice night Ron keep it up.. Congrats!!!!

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^Sounds like you had a nice night Ron keep it up.. Congrats!!!!

fitguy67

1. Ron...thanks for helping to sort out the range of bet-size descriptors.

And thanks also to FightFightFight for asking an inherently-interesting question (how to guage how a night went when bet-sizes are not explicily quantified)...unfortunately the question was worded in an inherently-snotty way that belied its sincerity (in logic, such a flawed question is called a "mu" quesion, such as "hey FightFightFight, when do you get out of prison for pedophilia?"...a question with an embedded faulty assumption)...anyhow, got me thinking about how to go about estimating a ball-park net-result under such circumstances.

2. These white-label MD post-alikes are not very long on reading comprehension, are they? After trying to appeal to their sense of logic/common decency, I've only resorted to "shrouding" a grand total of two of 'em so far (Queerin' and BavaNagila)...and have done so with a tongue-in-cheek "recommended ban" on direct 2nd-person interaction (only because it's a total waste of time trying to "reason" with adolescent smart asses). Anyone else gets the benefit of the doubt and direct interaction...even FFF with the snotty mu-question has not yet proved himself to be beyond redemption.

Poor blue-face can't grasp that there are no rules, just the underlying "tit for tat" principle at play here...disdain will be met with retaliatory disdain, not the deference that the "love to dish it out, but can't take it" pussies had come to expect until very recently.

Yes, there's a new order around here...driven by garden-variety civility...such as has been exhibited nicely over the last two event threads, which have been infinitely more enjoyable with the mean-spirited/ridiculing ones finally kept at bay.
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-26-15 at 12:20 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Bava gave fitguy67 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Davis shot his mouth all week about being the best MMA wrestler out there and can take down Jones and keep him there. He couldn't even take down Badar. If they gave Davis that one takedown in which it was actually Badar going for the take down, i would be surprised. Jones threw around Badar like a rag doll but this delusional Davis thinks he is above the rest when it comes to wrestling. Rashad out wrestled him. Just a boring ass fighter who thinks he is a lot better then he actually is. They need to give him Rampage next. Then he can get back on track.
    hit the nail right on the head

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Headbutt

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

^^ Grazing head butt.. It was a punch that rocked Gus...

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

oh come on that was not a headbutt

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Sharppppp
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Im am now convinced Musoke can only win 1 round fights

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

1. Ron...thanks for helping to sort out the range of bet-size descriptors.

And thanks also to FightFightFight for asking an inherently-interesting question (how to guage how a night went when bet-sizes are not explicily quantified)...unfortunately the question was worded in an inherently-snotty way that belied its sincerity (in logic, such a flawed question is called a "mu" quesion, such as "hey FightFightFight, when do you get out of prison for pedophilia?"...a question with an embedded faulty assumption)...anyhow, got me thinking about how to go about estimating a ball-park net-result under such circumstances.

2. These white-label MD post-alikes are not very long on reading comprehension, are they? After trying to appeal to their sense of logic/common decency, I've only resorted to "shrouding" a grand total of two of 'em so far (Queerin' and BavaNagila)...and have done so with a tongue-in-cheek "recommended ban" on direct 2nd-person interaction (only because it's a total waste of time trying to "reason" with adolescent smart asses). Anyone else gets the benefit of the doubt and direct interaction...even FFF with the snotty mu-question has not yet proved himself to be beyond redemption.

Poor blue-face can't grasp that there are no rules, just the underlying "tit for tat" principle at play here...disdain will be met with retaliatory disdain, not the deference that the "love to dish it out, but can't take it" pussies had come to expect until very recently.

Yes, there's a new order around here...driven by garden-variety civility...such as has been exhibited nicely over the last two event threads, which have been infinitely more enjoyable with the mean-spirited/ridiculing ones finally kept at bay.
    Man, it's only a message board. You should probably put all of this energy into something else.
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave terpkeg 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marzwoody gave terpkeg 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Filthy line on Seery dude, I was all over that but at +150 and then +180

DiggityDaggityDo

I didnt make my bets until right before the event started.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I didnt make my bets until right before the event started.
    Why?

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Why?
    In this case it was the best call cause all the action was falling on Beal, I kept thinking it'd reached it's peak but I'm not great at line movement.

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Why?
    Because I forgot.

First ... 6789