marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    hehe this is gonna be fun
    Indeed. Davis is better in every aspect then Bader and Hendo will get outclassed by Mousasi. good look with your bets.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Indeed. Davis is better in every aspect then Bader and Hendo will get outclassed by Mousasi. good look with your bets.
    I'm thinking Davis out points Bader for a decision win, Mousasi knocks Hendo out standing.. My best guess on how those fights will go down...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok time to break down the remaining fights.. Took a good look into this one..

Sat 1/24 1301 Akira Corassani -125 o1½ -185
    8:00PM 1302 Sam Sicilia +105 u1½ +155

Best write up I could find.. It's a long read but worth a look in...

Akira Corassani and Sam Sicilia have both been mixed bags in the UFC since their time on The Ultimate Fighter. Does a win here for either fighter put them back on the right path, or are both guys destined to be mid-level TUF fighters who never threaten the top of the division?

Carey:
    I’m not very high on either one of these guys, but I’m definitely looking forward to their fight this weekend. Both men are in desperate need of a win in order to make sure they hold on to their jobs following this fight, and the odds are that they’ll both be long gone from the UFC before they’re ever in title contention. Therefore, this fight on network television could easily end up being the biggest in the career of both men. Since Corassani and Sicilia both love to scrap, this should be a highly entertaining affair.
    I’m hoping for an all-out brawl in this one, but I have serious doubts as to how long it will last. Those concerns stem from the state of Corassani’s chin. The New York-based Swede has been stopped by punches for every single loss of his MMA career. Since he’s gotten to the UFC, the knockouts have become more frequent. After ending up stretched out on the canvas in his last two fights, I have no faith in Corassani’s ability to take a solid punch, and I’m even less confident since he’s fighting a power puncher like Sicilia.
    As for Sicilia, this might be a perfect match-up for the Washington native since it’s doubtful his sketchy ground game will be tested against another brawler. Over half of Sicilia’s career losses have come by submission, including a recent tapout loss to Katsunori Kunimoto in September, and his tendency to get caught on the ground is what has hampered his chances at becoming a contender so far. That won’t be a problem on Saturday, and the most likely scenario is that we get to see a good scrap from two guys that like to throw down and go out on their sword.
    I think Sicilia wins this one early and remains in the middle of the pack in the division until he develops a better ground game or ends up on the chopping block. As for Corassani, well, don’t be surprised if this is the last time we see him in the Octagon.

DeRose:
    I’ll go the opposite way here and pick Corassani to win this fight. The oft-injured Corassani is 3-2 in the UFC and his two losses aren’t surprising, considering they have come against two good fighters in Dustin Poirier and Max Holloway.
    Sicilia, on the other hand, is 2-4 in his featherweight tenure in the UFC and hasn’t really looked impressive. He has certainly been entertaining, but nothing about his performances has ever really stuck out. Meanwhile, Corassani has had a few of those moments, especially on TUF. His biggest weakness is his grappling, but we won’t have to worry about any of that here.
    So, it comes down to who wins in a striking match and I think Corassani takes that. That would be Corassani. Sicilia will want to make it a brawl and we might see glimpses of that in this fight, but Corassani does have effective striking when he wants to and, if that guy shows up, he will pick apart Sicilia from the outside.
    Vince can mention that Corassani has been knocked out a bunch over his career, sure, but the level of talent he has faced in the UFC has been excellent and that experience should certainly give him an edge in this fight.
    As for contending in the division, I can’t see either guy really being more than a mid-tier gatekeeper in the UFC. Both guys are lacking in areas, especially grappling, that are detrimental to anybody who wants to try to contend at featherweight. There are some good grapplers at 145 pounds, like Frankie Edgar at the top or even guys like Nik Lentz, Charles Oliveira and Clay Guida. So, with those holes specifically, it’ll be tough for either fighter to succeed or even get into the top 10.

=======
    In conclusion me tinks -

Leaning towards http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Akira-Corassani-22641 but don't like the straight play..I think this is a tough fight to pick and bet on... I'm going with this prop for now -

1/21/15 1:59pm $65.00 FP* $41.94 Pending 1/24/15 8:00pm Props Fighting 1304 Fight won't go 3 round distance -155* vs Corassani / Sicilia goes 3 rnd distance
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-21-15 at 07:13 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Gegard will make quick work of Hendo and Davis / Bader over 2.5 rounds.

moretti
    moretti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4822

In before Jibbby getting flamed hard for two letters

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
    In before Jibbby getting flamed hard for two letters
    Not getting flamed, just sharing what I think is the best info.. Happens to be a long write up this go around...

Since the main card has been covered by every possible media source already let's move on to the prelims now... Bleacher report delivers with the basics as usual..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rd-predictions

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Musoke Turmenov will be a HELLLL of a fight
    I'm going with Turmenov myself at -135 straight... Haven't ruled out an under rounds bet yet either...

Sat 1/24 1401 Nico Musoke +115 o1½ -185
    7:30PM 1402 Albert Tumenov -135 u1½ +155

This Russian is just running thru opponents lately and he could run right thru Musoke... 3 fights into the UFC and Turmenov has 2 KO's in his last 2 wins.. Impressive... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Albert-Tumenov-60198

Copy and Paste -

4. How good can Albert Tumenov truly be?

Following an unsuccessful UFC debut that saw Albert Tumenov lose a very close split decision to Ildemar Alcantara, the Russian has seemingly decided to not allow judges to determine his future inside the Octagon.

After two straight knockout victories, Tumenov is taking on hometown favorite Nico Musoke in the main event of the "Prelims" this Saturday on FOX Sports 1 (FS1).
    Tumenov came into UFC with a highly-touted striking arsenal, and he has proven to be even better than many expected. Considering Tumenov is only 23 years old, the sky is the limit for the welterweight prospect.
    If Tumenov runs through Musoke in Sweden, expect the Russian to take a big step up in competition his next time out.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-22-15 at 06:23 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Sultan Aliev very boring fighter but gorilla strong Robertson won't be able to out grapple him money

Albert Tumenov very fluid striking and excellent power money

Constantin Erokhin not very diverse in skill but EXTREMELY dangerous power Money

Makwan Amirkhani dangerous on the ground , ogle is average Money

Dan Henderson post TRT power is the last thing to go and his wrestling base makes me believe the odds are off he is very difficult to defeat good for a small bet
    Agree with everything you said except Hendo. No way Hendo wins this fight mate. If you take away your nostalgia for Hendo and ...... O never mind. If you want to have fun on a flyer on Hendo via TKO then so be it. My biggest play on the card is Mousasi straight. But as I said before Aliev, Tumenov, Erokhin & Amirkhani should win. GL!

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Ive always bashed Bader and Phil. Mostly Phil but..

Maybe it is just my dislile of phil davis or something but at those odds.....got to like Bader. Phil will struggle to get him down. Bader has much more game changing power. Cardio pretty even. I feel it is a pretty even fight. Figured Phil would be favored but not by that margin.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

WAR Hendo by the way.

Mousasi is too good to get clipped. But he fights in a daze much of the time. Perhaps more do vs guys who are not dangerous. 1 more H-Bomb!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Ive always bashed Bader and Phil. Mostly Phil but..

Maybe it is just my dislile of phil davis or something but at those odds.....got to like Bader. Phil will struggle to get him down. Bader has much more game changing power. Cardio pretty even. I feel it is a pretty even fight. Figured Phil would be favored but not by that margin.
    Well the over or goes the distance is the play for me. I also have a tiny play on Davis via decision. If Davis wins it will definitely be via decision.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Agree with everything you said except Hendo. No way Hendo wins this fight mate. If you take away your nostalgia for Hendo and ...... O never mind. If you want to have fun on a flyer on Hendo via TKO then so be it. My biggest play on the card is Mousasi straight. But as I said before Aliev, Tumenov, Erokhin & Amirkhani should win. GL!
    On the same picks.. Also don't think Hendo lands the H-Bomb this go around... Still, that H-Bomb prop is very tempting though, I can't lie...

Sat 1/24 1129 Henderson wins by TKO/KO +1075

I already hit Mousasi straight and in parlay's but I like this prop as the safe play for this fight as I do think someone gets stopped before that final bell sounds one way or the other.. -135 value isn't that bad either...

10:30PM 1104 Fight won't go 3 round distance -135

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I just feel that Mousasi uses his jab a lot and Hendo loves that overhand right and the overhand right is the perfect counter to a jab. That and Mousasi's takedown defense has always been suspect .That's why i give him better odds than that and a small play on him wouldn't hurt IMO Hendo is just off the TRT now and ever since he's been off the trt his age has really shown but i can't really count him out he has beast power.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

I think its Mousasi by Dec. He even stated thats how he pictures the fight will end in a recent interview - he also added that if he gets on top he thinks hell finish it. I think dropping down to 185 is good for Henderson in terms of cardio and strength and his chin has always been very solid. Mous will domintate the fight though and I think he really wants to make up for his performace against Jacre and what better opponent to look good against. The only finish I can see is Mous pummeling Hendo to the ground with strikes then locking in a RNC in the third round. I've already taken Mous by dec. at 3.0 (+200) and straight in some parlays. If I add anything else it'll be a finish in the 3rd .

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Henderson needs to retire. Just fighting for checks now. His game hasn't evolved in ten years. Same old marching around to land a big punch. I was one of his biggest fans but it is time to go. His lucky punch against Shogun was him pulling a horseshoe out of his ass. His last performance agaianst Cormier was terrible. This will be the same Hendo fight we have seen for years but the slower version of Hendo. When it is over we will say the same thing we have been saying for ten years "why doesn't Hendo use his wrestling" He has been so caught up with this H Bomb that he has neglected his wrestling for years. If this was five rounds i would be all over Mousasi but a three rounder has a good shot at a decision. Mous isn't getting caught with that slow H Bomb. To smart for that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hendo gasses out late and then gets dropped is my guess.. Hendo likes to stand and bang so the lay and pray is not likely to happen... Mousasi might get taken down but Hendo has no ground and pound skills, won't advance his position and the ref will stand it back up...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol anyone watching the weighin

no sound and then it comes on

rogan - "calm down when you're talking to me"

Imsmarterthanu

hendo looking old and small

marzwoody

Like your cack
    Points Awarded:

Sacrelicious gave marzwoody 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Checking the weigh ins now...

Imsmarterthanu

Like your cack
    but he can still pack a punch like my cack too just ask your sister

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

All the main players made weight including Rumble Johnson.. That's a good sign for Rumble...

Results -

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/23...treaming-video

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Like your cack
    Best post on this entire thread.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

44 years old and 185 at weigh ins.. Too be expected.. Hendo is gonna need a miracle....

Mousasi age 29 and in his prime... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gegard-Mousasi-7466

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Best post on this entire thread.
    Best post of this century?

Imsmarterthanu

Best post of this century?
    don't push your luck pal

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i will always go w Musoke----he almost got the nod over KG and I feel his length will help here....both fighters are under rated -HELLLL OF A FIGHT----musoke can get up when taken down-and has a hell of a ground game
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm going with Turmenov myself at -135 straight... Haven't ruled out an under rounds bet yet either...

Sat 1/24 1401 Nico Musoke +115 o1½ -185
    7:30PM 1402 Albert Tumenov -135 u1½ +155

This Russian is just running thru opponents lately and he could run right thru Musoke... 3 fights into the UFC and Turmenov has 2 KO's in his last 2 wins.. Impressive... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Albert-Tumenov-60198

Copy and Paste -

4. How good can Albert Tumenov truly be?

Following an unsuccessful UFC debut that saw Albert Tumenov lose a very close split decision to Ildemar Alcantara, the Russian has seemingly decided to not allow judges to determine his future inside the Octagon.

After two straight knockout victories, Tumenov is taking on hometown favorite Nico Musoke in the main event of the "Prelims" this Saturday on FOX Sports 1 (FS1).
    Tumenov came into UFC with a highly-touted striking arsenal, and he has proven to be even better than many expected. Considering Tumenov is only 23 years old, the sky is the limit for the welterweight prospect.
    If Tumenov runs through Musoke in Sweden, expect the Russian to take a big step up in competition his next time out.

PaperTrail07

Robertson by TKO....Musoke w the decision...Ogle by Cardio decision.....
    Sultan Aliev very boring fighter but gorilla strong Robertson won't be able to out grapple him money

Albert Tumenov very fluid striking and excellent power money

Constantin Erokhin not very diverse in skill but EXTREMELY dangerous power Money

Makwan Amirkhani dangerous on the ground , ogle is average Money

Dan Henderson post TRT power is the last thing to go and his wrestling base makes me believe the odds are off he is very difficult to defeat good for a small bet

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

No papertrail.. just no.

PaperTrail07

lol what do you think Mirin>? I will 100% bet against anyone who lost to Doug the penetrating Rhino Marshall at any point in their career--LOL....and Musoke has potential like a MF'er...
    Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    No papertrail.. just no.

PaperTrail07

Content w those picks GL Mirin

PaperTrail07

and after that Pendred Spencer Fight....If I am EVER 50/50 Im going w the home guy LOL....that STILL burns me today....so ******

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

All bets are in.. A few more props I hit...

Pending1/24/15 8:30pm Props Fighting 1211 Davis wins by 3 round decision +100*

Pending1/24/15 10:30pm Props Fighting 1104 Fight won't go 3 round distance -125* vs Henderson / Mousasi goes 3 rnd distance

Pending1/24/15 8:00pm Props Fighting 1304 Fight won't go 3 round distance -155* vs Corassani / Sicilia goes 3 rnd distance

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

lol what do you think Mirin>? I will 100% bet against anyone who lost to Doug the penetrating Rhino Marshall at any point in their career--LOL....and Musoke has potential like a MF'er...
    Musoke get's rocked bad in every single fight he's been in, only exception is the last fight in which he spent 15 minutes dryhumping a guy against a cage wall. If Tumenov connects he'll wake up in the hospital.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Aliev should have won that fight, one of the most talked about robberies back then.

First 12345 ... Last