THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson (November 22, 2014)

FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET
    Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson
    Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green
    Chico Camus vs. Brad Pickett
    Oleksiy Oliynyk vs. Jared Rosholt
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
    Isaac Vallie-Flagg vs. Matt Wiman

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Josh Copeland vs. Ruslan Magomedov
    Luke Barnatt vs. Roger Narvaez
    Nick Hein vs. James Vick
    Akbarh Arreola vs. Yves Edwards

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET
    Kailin Curran vs. Paige VanZant
    Dooho Choi vs. Juan Puig

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Expect Edgar to climb in this spot

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blatant racism having the black guyz underneath the white men. UFC needs to check there privilege.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    UFC needs to check there privilege.
    Where privilege?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Cub Swanson I believe has a shot in this one. Cub is fast and athletic enough to counter Frankie's wrasling and is a good enough striker to plant frankie on his arse... At +156 I think it's worth a shot..

In like Flynn on this play.....

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Benavidez for me. He is on his decline as well but he should light up Ortiz standing.

This should not be pretty

Karmaphobia
    Karmaphobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3674

Maybe...or Ortiz could grind out another Scoggins type win. If Ortiz's line gets closer to +300 I'll bet him.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Edgar -400.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thinking Chico Camos has a good chance of beating Brad Pickett.. +195...

Gotta go with Barboza too at -135 and climbing..

Beelzebubzy

Parlayed the Over for Green and Wiman.

I like Wiman in this spot alot however, I have no information on this character regarding gym, life, training. IVF is 36 years old and has not fought top competition. Wiman holds considerable grappling advantage.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Parlayed the Over for Green and Wiman.

I like Wiman in this spot alot however, I have no information on this character regarding gym, life, training. IVF is 36 years old and has not fought top competition. Wiman holds considerable grappling advantage.
    Agree on the overs - wary on Wiman - hasn't fought in close to 2 years - but agree he should be favored line just a little too steep for me to want to play

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Parlay'd Rosholt and Benavidez myself at $150 to win $120...

Rosholt by wrestling, and Benavidez by what ever he wants...

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Rosholt isnt that good? + that old russian antifagster got a considerable submission advantage. exoerience vs inexperience may smell trouble.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Rosholt isnt that good? + that old russian antifagster got a considerable submission advantage. exoerience vs inexperience may smell trouble.
    While Rosholt isn't that good and or well rounded he does have one very good thing going for him and that's his world class wrestling and top game.. He's gonna wrestle and lay and pray for 3 rounds.. Good enough to beat the old 37 year old and experienced Ruskie I believe.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alexey-Oleinik-2027

I can't bet against the wrasler in this one BJ... Rosholt will only lose to elite strikers with good speed and take down defense, and Oliynyk is not that.. Jared doesn't get sub'd out in this one as he has too good of a wrestling base from the top position..

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Rosholt will only lose to elite strikers with good speed and take down defense
    Yeah, that's what I think of when I think of Derrick Lewis.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah, that's what I think of when I think of Derrick Lewis.
    Derrick Lewis hits like a truck and has good take down defense. Good enough to beat Roshold indeed on that night... That fight happened back in 2012 and I do think Jared has improved a bit since that KO loss...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-17-14 at 06:10 PM.

areallycoolguy
    areallycoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Agree on the overs - wary on Wiman - hasn't fought in close to 2 years - but agree he should be favored line just a little too steep for me to want to play
    whats your thoughts on green? i kinda like him over barbosa, i think he's simply a cut above and will be too much physicality and pressure wise for edson.

wiman i wanna stay away from but i agree with you guys on the overs for sure

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I like Green and Barnatt's numbers

this is crazy got me watching tape on these little vazants and Kailin Currans'

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    I like Green and Barnatt's numbers

this is crazy got me watching tape on these little vazants and Kailin Currans'
    Yes Barnatt even at those odds is tempting. I need to watch tht last narvaez fight again tho

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Luke Barnatt should get the W but those odds are big at over 3-1.. Parlay material for this guy..

Roger Narvaez looked very suspect against Patrick Cummings... One fight in the UFC and one loss...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm going with this 2 teamer - Matt Wiman at -195 and Luke Barnatt at -325 for close to even money on return - $147 to win $143...

Matt Wiman is well rounded and has the complete package.. The extended layoff shouldn't matter.. He's excited for the bout and ready to go.. Don't even need to wait for the weigh in results on this one.. Placed..

Copy an paste -

Wiman is one of those rare guys who is extremely well rounded, has fared well in the promotion, and could easily have an even better record if it wasn’t for the slanted opinions of a couple individuals. Wiman can submit people, he has knockout power, and he has an average build for a lightweight. The biggest thing he’s missing is consistency—not necessarily in performance but in his overall career.
    Vallie-Flagg is not exactly a top-10 guy or anything, but a win over him, especially after a 22-month layoff, would be a step in the right direction. If ring rust proves to be a non-issue, I look to Wiman to take a decisive victory in this one. And if the UFC brass gives him a top-15 opponent in his next fight, he could easily be one or two fights away from a significant bout.

VallieFag lost 2 in row now and I'm not so confident he can turn it around facing Matt http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Isaac-VallieFlagg-8180

Classic fail vid

Moving on now and thought to share....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-18-14 at 08:36 PM.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I dont like green. But i like green. If you know what I mean?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

On to the BIG GUYS!!!!

Expect the "0" to go in the Copeland/Magomedov scrap.. Huge step up in comp. for this meat ball Copeland.. Even at 2-1 odds I'm in on the Ruskie.. He has more ways to win and has never been KO'd by a punch to the head.. Good enough for me to play it.. Keeping it simple in this Cap...Thinking decision win or sub.....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ruslan-Magomedov-74434

Will parlay him up anyways as a straight. Haven't decided with who yet to parlay with and gonna wait til weigh ins to place.. Just sharing as I cap along and as I watch fight vids on these slobs..

-205 on 5D for Magomedov now and hoping this line doesn't climb more while waiting til weigh ins..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-18-14 at 10:37 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Luke Barnatt should get the W but those odds are big at over 3-1.. Parlay material for this guy..

Roger Narvaez looked very suspect against Patrick Cummings... One fight in the UFC and one loss...

The Cummins fight should be thrown out the window when capping this fight. Late notice, undersized against a guy who fights absolutely nothing like Barnatt.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'm going with this 2 teamer - Matt Wiman at -195 and Luke Barnatt at -325 for close to even money on return - $147 to win $143...

Matt Wiman is well rounded and has the complete package.. The extended layoff shouldn't matter.. He's excited for the bout and ready to go.. Don't even need to wait for the weigh in results on this one.. Placed..

Copy an paste -

Wiman is one of those rare guys who is extremely well rounded, has fared well in the promotion, and could easily have an even better record if it wasn’t for the slanted opinions of a couple individuals. Wiman can submit people, he has knockout power, and he has an average build for a lightweight. The biggest thing he’s missing is consistency—not necessarily in performance but in his overall career.
    Vallie-Flagg is not exactly a top-10 guy or anything, but a win over him, especially after a 22-month layoff, would be a step in the right direction. If ring rust proves to be a non-issue, I look to Wiman to take a decisive victory in this one. And if the UFC brass gives him a top-15 opponent in his next fight, he could easily be one or two fights away from a significant bout.

VallieFag lost 2 in row now and I'm not so confident he can turn it around facing Matt http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Isaac-VallieFlagg-8180

Classic fail vid

Moving on now and thought to share....
    "he extended layoff shouldn't matter.. He's excited for the bout and ready to go.."

How do you know this? Have you spoken to him? If anything he is one guy in MMA that I wouldn't want to assume that he is mentally ready or "excited"....he's spoken before about how he gets crazy anxiety before fights. Before the Sass fight he was crying in the locker-room. Yes, he won that fight, but he wasn't coming off a 18 month lay-off and off a brutal KO.

"he has knockout power"

Does he tho? He knocked out Tavares out of nowhere, but when else has he displayed it? Not saying you are wrong. He's also fought a few very durable guys

and could easily have an even better record if it wasn’t for the slanted opinions of a couple individuals.

What do you mean by this? Are you referring to the judges opionions in the Siver decision or public opinions cos surely that wouldnt effect his record?!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-19-14 at 03:17 AM.

Napes21

Quote Originally Posted by areallycoolguy View Post
    whats your thoughts on green? i kinda like him over barbosa, i think he's simply a cut above and will be too much physicality and pressure wise for edson.

wiman i wanna stay away from but i agree with you guys on the overs for sure
    Think I'm alone here but I'm not as high on Green as everyone else. Thought he lost against Punk and besides that he has beat a bunch of cans. I pray he clowns around against Edson and gets his knee or his jaw broke. Already have money on Edson. Can't blame others for being on Green though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yes, I think in thoery stylistically it's a good fight for Barboza...obvious big concern is his lack of durability. Guys he has struggled with tend to push the pace and move forward to put him on back-foot - like Varner did and Cerrone. Ross Pearson also pressed a lot and tried to push the pace and made it a very close fight. I believe one of the main reasons for anybody backing Dunham against Barboza would of been based on the theory that Dunham would push the pace and apply constant pressure and be able to take punishment as he did it. But, if I remember correctly,Dunham went in there and kind of did the complete opposite - he circled and moved around a lot on the perimeter while Barboza took centre of the cage and ended up getting blasted.

With Greene I think he's demonstrated both, in the Thomson fight he pressed forward quite a lot in the earlier rounds and put the pressure on Thomson
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-19-14 at 07:27 AM.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Edgar should be closer to -400.

Beelzebubzy

How do you know he is excited for the bout? Maybe he is just calling it in and trying to pick up an easy 20k check. Maybe he just wants 20k to give to Jesus.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    [/B]

How do you know he is excited for the bout? Maybe he is just calling it in and trying to pick up an easy 20k check. Maybe he just wants 20k to give to Jesus.
    Because he had a boner. step your game up Beez.

Napes21

Not sure if he is just messing around but...

Green, who is scheduled to meet Edson Barboza in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Austin, surprised many fans and pundits when he posted a quick status on his Facebook page (via r/mma) that read, "Think this might be my last fight (.) Thinking about retirement (.)"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Not sure if he is just messing around but...

Green, who is scheduled to meet Edson Barboza in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night: Austin, surprised many fans and pundits when he posted a quick status on his Facebook page (via r/mma) that read, "Think this might be my last fight (.) Thinking about retirement (.)"
    trolling to improve his betting line brah!

Adam Martinlol good one Bobby
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-19-14 at 10:19 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Wiman was on the "MMA Hour" radio program V and Beelz..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

James Vick at -200 looking like the play.. I like this undefeated fighter in Vick, still a bit unproven but I don't think this German is at the same level just yet.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/James-Vick-81956

Still working on this fight...

1234 ... Last