areallycoolguy
    areallycoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Is there a single person who REALLY watched TUF:Latin America?

maybe some mexican fans among us that know any of these guys that are filling up the spots on the werdum/hunt card?

just thought i'd throw it out there, seeing as there are already so many bullshit comedic circlejerk threads on here at present

might as well have one that pertains to the point of this sub-forum

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by areallycoolguy View Post
    maybe some mexican fans among us that know any of these guys that are filling up the spots on the werdum/hunt card?

just thought i'd throw it out there, seeing as there are already so many bullshit comedic circlejerk threads on here at present

might as well have one that pertains to the point of this sub-forum
    Watched every episode twice. Just like a pro! Well gotta run. Have to put the finishing touches on my future Bellator bets!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

where da fuq is grabaka?

where you at grabber?

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Watched every episode twice. Just like a pro! Well gotta run. Have to put the finishing touches on my future Bellator bets!
    That's how pros do it? Fock me.
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave Wilbo86 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched it. The Mexicans had the experience edge and skill advantage over most of the Latin American fighters. Three Mexicans and one Latin American fighter from Nicaragua ended up in the finale fights to determine the season winners as a result. The fights on the preliminary card I think are easiest to predict with Marlon Vera having a good chance to stop Marco Beltran and Gabriel Benitez will most likely submit Humberto Brown. I also expect Henry Briones to potentially knock out Guido Canetti if Guido comes in swinging wild like he did in his last fight in the semi-finals. I think all three of those fights end in stoppages in any case. A few of the other contestants on this season including Masio Fullen vs. Alexander Torres and Fredy Serrano vs. Bentley Syler had their debut UFC matches put off to another time.

The finale fights themselves at at featherweight and bantamweight aren't quite as predictable. Jose Quinonez is probably the rightful favorite against fellow Mexican Alejandro Perez in the 135 pound weight class, although I wouldn't be comfortable laying -260 on it. At 145 pounds Leonardo Morales, the only fighter from Team Werdum to make it to the finale, has a chance to upset Yair Rodriguez, although I am not sure that +135 is enough to tempt me to wager on it.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

I too watched it. Was pretty awful - almost as bad as the gash one. Beltran is not very talented but I don't know that Vera is worth being a -265 favorite. Humberto Brown's thoughts on fighting consist of doing nothing except trying to hug his opponent and he should get embarrassed by Benitez. Neither Cannetti nor Briones has much skill and I wouldn't imagine either will last very long in UFC - Canetti does like to wade in throwing haymakers while leaving his chin wide open so at least there is that. I don't really understand all the love that seems to be floating around for Quinoa (not from JG above but in general). I didn't find him impressive at all and think Perez has a route to victory in this fight (I realize he just dropped a decision to him) at least from what I saw on the show. Quinoa has pretty loose top control and doesn't seem to do anything besides spam GNP without trying to advance position or land anything meaningful and his striking is not special. Perez wasn't much better but showed a decent ability to get off his back and has a decent counter left which he flashed against another southpaw. Value on Perez IMO. Yair the rightful favorite in the finale - these two are the only guys who may actually be UFC worthy - both employ a good kicking strategy - should be interesting. Morales a little more tentative so on a fight expected to hit the cards I would lean the more aggressive of the two.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Wasted my time watching this show

I wouldn't bank too much on Canneti looking as reckless and out of position as he did in his last fight as he was already channeling an over zealous, kill or be killed mindset after getting robbed in his first match-up. Who knows though, he's garbage

These guys all suck , Gabriel Benitez might be the only true value, agree Quinonez may be slightly overpriced as well

areallycoolguy

good info guys. i'm gonna go look into this answer myself but i thought it'd be good to also see if any of you know that some of these TUF:LA guys have changed camps to something much better since the show? that often happens and could lead to big improvement

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by areallycoolguy View Post
    good info guys. i'm gonna go look into this answer myself but i thought it'd be good to also see if any of you know that some of these TUF:LA guys have changed camps to something much better since the show? that often happens and could lead to big improvement
    Quinonez who I am not as high on as everyone else I believe trained at Jackson's in the past and is currently at Alliance for this fight - not sure about any of the others

areallycoolguy

thanks for the info

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    where da fuq is grabaka?

where you at grabber?
    Present amigo
    I saw every episode for sure and have tickets for tomorrow
    Yihaaaa andale andale

Grabaka
    Update your status

Ill post in a sec what i have bet so far
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PunisherIND

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Present amigo
    I saw every episode for sure and have tickets for tomorrow
    Yihaaaa andale andale
    People really say that?

I thought it was just Speedy Gonzalez?

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    People really say that?

I thought it was just Speedy Gonzalez?
    Yes bro....the we sit and drink on a cactus.
    Naaaah not really

But i like that speedy gonzalez guy

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Ill post in a sec what i have bet so far
    my man, how you been!

curious to see your thoughts on this card.