plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Because Travis Browne is really similar to Mark Hunt. Travis Browne got arm-barred by Sean McCorkle. Also, "the machine" has fought 2 people in four years, his striking and lack of power are an excellent match-up with Werdum and his threat of wrestling is not as nearly as poignant because, as you said, he'd be stupid to go to the ground with Werdum. The dude threw the kitchen sink and everything he had in 50 damn minutes with JDS and he barely took him out.
    Lack of power? Is this the same ''lack of power'' that had JDS being quoted as being completly unable to remember anything from the first round and forward of the second fight, and from the second round and forward of the third one? Werdum would die or tap long before he'd take the kind of punishment JDS did. You really don't understand how significant the amount of damage JDS sustained were in those fights, Cain took months off of JDS fighting career. And Werdum isn't much of a threat on the ground, most of his finishes are after hurting guys and then locking something up.

Look at all of Cain's fights he NEVER puts himself in danger on the ground, he's always on top and never leaves himself open, instead he throw vicious GNP that ends fights. Werdum vs Cain would be Werdum getting murdered by the pressure & pace Cain sets, and as been said Werdums gastank blows c'ck. And Cain wont use his wrestling for takedowns, he'll use them to keep Werdum guessing while Cain dirty boxes him to hell against the cage.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    And Werdum isn't much of a threat on the ground, most of his finishes are after hurting guys and then locking something up.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Like he did Travis Browne right? Werdum's gastank blows c'ck. If it wasn't for Hunto taking this on three weeks notice i'd happily place some coin on Hunto, this being at elevation in ''me'hico'' @ three weeks notice means i wont. But make no mistake if Hunt touches Werdum with one of those uppercuts Werdum will faceplant worse then Roy did.

Also, Werdum vs Cain ''the machine'' Valesquez would be worst imaginable matchup you could ever create for Werdum. And it will end when Werdum can't absorb anymore punishment. And i definetly don't see Werdum hanging around for the kind of beatings that JDS took.

Werdum's best chance against Cain would be to jump guard and hope and pray like hell that Cain for the first time in his career would be dumb enough to put himself in danger on the ground by jumping after.
    C'mahn!!!!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

^^A washed up Fedor dropped Werdum like a bad habit before he slapped on that triangle choke.. That fight win put Werdum back on the MMA map.. Fedor swings wide and so does Mark Hunt... Long time ago but just saying...

If someone opens the back door to the arena Werdum could go down from the wind breeze as well.. LOL...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-23-14 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Add picture

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Because Travis Browne is really similar to Mark Hunt. Travis Browne got arm-barred by Sean McCorkle. Also, "the machine" has fought 2 people in four years, his striking and lack of power are an excellent match-up with Werdum and his threat of wrestling is not as nearly as poignant because, as you said, he'd be stupid to go to the ground with Werdum. The dude threw the kitchen sink and everything he had in 50 damn minutes with JDS and he barely took him out.

Crassus

Cain's the man but he doesn't have power for a HW...he's got speed and he's got volume, not much power. Other than the nog knockout t's been accumulation not power. He hit JDS almost 250 times in those two fights and didn't finish him the first time and it could have easily been decision the second time. Not saying they weren't brutal and one-sided but yeah, he's not a really powerful heavyweight at all.

marzwoody

Cain's the man but he doesn't have power for a HW...he's got speed and he's got volume, not much power. Other than the nog knockout t's been accumulation not power. He hit JDS almost 250 times in those two fights and didn't finish him the first time and it could have easily been decision the second time. Not saying they weren't brutal and one-sided but yeah, he's not a really powerful heavyweight at all.
    So how do you think Werdum would of won?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 10-23-14 at 11:31 PM.

MD

Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt couldn't crack JDS's chin, that's a silly argument to make. When he commits to his strikes, he can generate legitimate one-punch knockout power.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I can not possibly see how Mark Hunt would win in a 15 minute submission grappling match.

MangoKush
    MangoKush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Sanchez out now

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Canchez worried that that GOAT would get called up to replace Lauzon.

It's a beautiful ting

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    C'mahn!!!!
    Yeah, he found his second wind again in the third (then gassed in the beginning of the fourth AGAIN) why don't you show some from round 2 , 4 , 5 instead.

Napes21

Yeah, he found his second wind again in the third (then gassed in the beginning of the fourth AGAIN) why don't you show some from round 2 , 4 , 5 instead.

plekz

Yeah, ''amazing technique right there'' especially love the way he puts himself completly off-balance at the end of it. Sure tell sign for someone who's ''fresh'' ''Muay thai aces'' be known to throw them airballs.

Werdum v Browne was a sloppy ass kickboxing affair where Werdum (eventhough Browne gassed even faster) could not threathen with anything of note what so ever for the 25 minute duration of that fight, and more then anything it was slow paced as hell. Werdum would DIE under the pressure of Cain Velasquez.

Dude's pushing 40, not like he's magically gonna develop a gastank this late in his career. Now stop wasting my time.

Napes21

Yeah, ''amazing technique right there'' especially love the way he puts himself completly off-balance at the end of it. Sure tell sign for someone who's ''fresh'' ''Muay thai aces'' be known to throw them airballs.

Werdum v Browne was a sloppy ass kickboxing affair where Werdum (eventhough Browne gassed even faster) could not threathen with anything of note what so ever for the 25 minute duration of that fight, and more then anything it was slow paced as hell. Werdum would DIE under the pressure of Cain Velasquez.

Dude's pushing 40, not like he's magically gonna develop a gastank this late in his career. Now stop wasting my time.
    Werdum is fighting Hunt - - not Cain (see title of this thread). What are we arguing about? Werdum will separate Hunt's arm from his body in the first round. Cardio will never be an issue. And if it was Werdum will have had a full camp and hopefully has been preparing for altitude while God's Kiwi has 3 weeks to get ready for a 5 round fight at 7,000 feet above sea level. Hunt may gas on his way to the ring. I like Hunt and made a boatload off him against Roy but this is not a good matchup for him at all.

I had a bunch of money on Cain over Werdum so I would agree with you that Cain would murder him.

plekz

Werdum is fighting Hunt - - not Cain (see title of this thread). What are we arguing about? Werdum will separate Hunt's arm from his body in the first round. Cardio will never be an issue. And if it was Werdum will have had a full camp and hopefully has been preparing for altitude while God's Kiwi has 3 weeks to get ready for a 5 round fight at 7,000 feet above sea level. Hunt may gas on his way to the ring. I like Hunt and made a boatload off him against Roy but this is not a good matchup for him at all.

I had a bunch of money on Cain over Werdum so I would agree with you that Cain would murder him.
    He needs to get Hunt down first of all, and i'm not to sure he'll even be able to do that. Or are you suggesting Werdum is going to attempt any ''flying'' technqiues? More so then anything it's the three weeks notice and elevation that creates a big disadvantage here for Hunt, then Werdum's ability to get him down to the mat. Because in all honesty Werdum's takedowns aren't anything to write home about, and Hunt's TDD has been significantly improved over the years. Big Foot on TRT (who sports a pretty good double) had very little success, Roy had even less. So Werdum would be expending ALOT of energy working on takedowns on Hunto.

Hunto's low centre of gravity (ie: enormous ass and build in general) makes him a very taxing customer to get down to the mat. And if he touches Werdum with his power Werdum will go night-night.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt couldn't crack JDS's chin, that's a silly argument to make. When he commits to his strikes, he can generate legitimate one-punch knockout power.

I don't think so man. He cranked Bigfoot hard and while he did stun him, BF was getting up no problem and then Cain hit him 7-8 more times and got the TKO. I mean he's a 235lb athlete of course he can at times have KO power if he gets the right angle but overall as a heavyweight I'd say his power is unremarkable. I wouldn't see Cain finishing Werdum for example, someone who if stunned would still be active enough to avoid the finish as JDS did. Also, Mark Hunt landed 30 shots against JDS and Roy Nelson landed 40. Not that they have the cardio to land much more but still.

Sounds like someone lost a ton of money on Browne.

marzwoody

Would still go with Hunt. Werdum is a square bet.

Napes21

I stand corrected - please unload on Hunt.

MD

I don't think so man. He cranked Bigfoot hard and while he did stun him, BF was getting up no problem and then Cain hit him 7-8 more times and got the TKO. I mean he's a 235lb athlete of course he can at times have KO power if he gets the right angle but overall as a heavyweight I'd say his power is unremarkable. I wouldn't see Cain finishing Werdum for example, someone who if stunned would still be active enough to avoid the finish as JDS did. Also, Mark Hunt landed 30 shots against JDS and Roy Nelson landed 40. Not that they have the cardio to land much more but still.
    That's a really poor argument. Both of those guys are low-volume strikers, while Velasquez is a pressure fighter; they fought JDS in completely different ways. Not to mention the fact that Cain scored a knockdown in the very first round of their second fight, so if you want to go that route, Cain actually did more damage to JDS in less strikes than both Hunt and Nelson.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

This fight discussion is too serious snd indepth, I'm out.

Sacrelicious

It's hard to see Mark Hunt being able to keep up the pace against Werdum in a 15 rd boxing match.

Crassus

That's a really poor argument. Both of those guys are low-volume strikers, while Velasquez is a pressure fighter; they fought JDS in completely different ways. Not to mention the fact that Cain scored a knockdown in the very first round of their second fight, so if you want to go that route, Cain actually did more damage to JDS in less strikes than both Hunt and Nelson.
    That's what I was highlighting...pressure fighters don't have a lot of power, it's why they're pressure fighters. It molds up better with cardio and high output. COULD Cain become a power-puncher, sure, he has the talent and skill but he doesn't so it's not worth much in capping him as a HW who is going to finish anyone with one punch. He swarms, and if he faces opponents who have the ability to scramble well off their back like JDS or Werdum, it takes him a long time to finish if he even does. Again, easily could have been 2 decision wins for Cain.

He dropped him true, but if JDS had eaten that shot from Hunt or Nelson I'm pretty sure he'd have been straight KO'ed rather than beaten up for the next four rounds...

MD

That's what I was highlighting...pressure fighters don't have a lot of power, it's why they're pressure fighters. It molds up better with cardio and high output. COULD Cain become a power-puncher, sure, he has the talent and skill but he doesn't so it's not worth much in capping him as a HW who is going to finish anyone with one punch. He swarms, and if he faces opponents who have the ability to scramble well off their back like JDS or Werdum, it takes him a long time to finish if he even does. Again, easily could have been 2 decision wins for Cain.

He dropped him true, but if JDS had eaten that shot from Hunt or Nelson I'm pretty sure he'd have been straight KO'ed rather than beaten up for the next four rounds...
    T.J Dillashaw is a pressure fighter with a lot of power (relatively). I could keep listing examples.

You think Nelson didn't hit JDS cleanly?

1:30.

You're basing your entire argument on his performance against JDS, who is one of the most durable fighters in MMA. Hunt couldn't KO JDS, Nelson couldn't KO JDS. His performances against one opponent (whom he brutalized) do not show with any degree of certainty that he has questionable power; do you believe that his cardio is suspect, also? He gassed noticeably against dos Santos in the second fight. Same logic, no?

I still remember "MMABetMasta" claiming that Cain's cardio was unimpressive after that fight. Those were the days.

Sacrelicious

I can't see Mark Hunt being to fire kicks as rapidly as Werdum.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Hunts gonna come out swinging and Werdum is either gonna get knocked out or he will try to move and evade and then go for the take down at some point.. If Werdum gets the take down he wins, If Hunt connects with a looping punch first he wins..

I doubt this fight gets out of the 1st round..

It's not rocket science people.. Just 2 big guys in cage fighting whom will be fighting to their strengths....

marzwoody

Crass you said you were gonna bet huge on Werdum vs Cain but still haven't explained why. starting to think you have a thing against mexicans brah.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 10-24-14 at 03:15 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Sacrelicious

I think Werdum would easily beat Mark Hunt in a 100 meter sprint up a hill.

Crassus

T.J Dillashaw is a pressure fighter with a lot of power (relatively). I could keep listing examples.

You think Nelson didn't hit JDS cleanly?

1:30.
    You're basing your entire argument on his performance against JDS, who is one of the most durable fighters in MMA. Hunt couldn't KO JDS, Nelson couldn't KO JDS. His performances against one opponent (whom he brutalized) do not show with any degree of certainty that he has questionable power; do you believe that his cardio is suspect, also? He gassed noticeably against dos Santos in the second fight. Same logic, no?

I still remember "MMABetMasta" claiming that Cain's cardio was unimpressive after that fight. Those were the days.
    I wouldn't put TJ as someone with power...he's got the ability to finish but almost every MMA fighter has that, that doesn't mean he has notable power. John Dodson has power. Demetrious Johnson is a pressure fighter, he finishes guys but I wouldn't describe him as having real power. I think you're misunderstanding my meaning of power.

That is not the same situation in that video. I meant in the first round, full cardio, full open punch into JDS off-balance. Cain rocked him bad, I say Hunt or Nelson would have KO'ed him there. Not to say that JDS doesn't have an amazing chin, but it's telling to me. I'm also basing it off of his other fights (granted hard to do since he's basically only fought JDS and BF in the past five years) but look at his finishes man. He hits BF and rocks him sure, but BF recovers easily and it's the 7-8 punches after that finish him off. Cain has speed and pressure, not real power. Look at the Ben Rothwell or Brock finish, he was hitting those guys clean and they were very fair stoppages but neither one was really that badly hurt. They just couldn't defend against the onslaught because they aren't very mobile on their back. JDS is and he lasted far longer, amazing chin or not.

It's looking like we'll have to agree to disagree in this man. I'm just not seeing Cain as someone with really notable power, especially at HW.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Crass you said you were gonna bet huge on Werdum vs Cain but still haven't explained why. starting to think you have a thing against mexicans brah.
    It was mainly off of the odds. Cain was something like -300, -350 and I think that's crazy. Cain's the man but he's facing an opponent with skills he's never experienced, a guy he would be hesitant in taking down due to his crazy ground game. Werdum has also displayed an excellent new stand-up game and he was definitely worth money at the odds he was at. Cain deserved to be a favorite but more like -150, definitely not -300.

plekz

It was mainly off of the odds. Cain was something like -300, -350 and I think that's crazy. Cain's the man but he's facing an opponent with skills he's never experienced, a guy he would be hesitant in taking down due to his crazy ground game. Werdum has also displayed an excellent new stand-up game and he was definitely worth money at the odds he was at. Cain deserved to be a favorite but more like -150, definitely not -300.
    ''skills he's never experienced'' i legit lol'd, dude get off the bath salts better yet off the internet. ''excellent new stand up game'' AGAINST WHO?

The ghost of big nog? a GASSED out of his mind Travis Browne? or Roy Nelson?!? dude you are so far gone that it's like listening to all the jokers talking about Mendes super improved striking eventhough he's only faced people with piss poor striking and horrible defense.

MD

''skills he's never experienced'' i legit lol'd, dude get off the bath salts better yet off the internet. ''excellent new stand up game'' AGAINST WHO?

The ghost of big nog? a GASSED out of his mind Travis Browne? or Roy Nelson?!? dude you are so far gone that it's like listening to all the jokers talking about Mendes super improved striking eventhough he's only faced people with piss poor striking and horrible defense.
    You're an idiot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

MD

I wouldn't put TJ as someone with power...he's got the ability to finish but almost every MMA fighter has that, that doesn't mean he has notable power. John Dodson has power. Demetrious Johnson is a pressure fighter, he finishes guys but I wouldn't describe him as having real power. I think you're misunderstanding my meaning of power.

That is not the same situation in that video. I meant in the first round, full cardio, full open punch into JDS off-balance. Cain rocked him bad, I say Hunt or Nelson would have KO'ed him there. Not to say that JDS doesn't have an amazing chin, but it's telling to me. I'm also basing it off of his other fights (granted hard to do since he's basically only fought JDS and BF in the past five years) but look at his finishes man. He hits BF and rocks him sure, but BF recovers easily and it's the 7-8 punches after that finish him off. Cain has speed and pressure, not real power. Look at the Ben Rothwell or Brock finish, he was hitting those guys clean and they were very fair stoppages but neither one was really that badly hurt. They just couldn't defend against the onslaught because they aren't very mobile on their back. JDS is and he lasted far longer, amazing chin or not.

It's looking like we'll have to agree to disagree in this man. I'm just not seeing Cain as someone with really notable power, especially at HW.

Well, I think you don't understand power then. I also agree to disagree.

Crassus

Calm down brosef, not worth popping a vein over. Just fade me if you think I'm wrong, maybe offer me some bets with ridiculous odds in your opinion, not worth internet ranting over.

First 123 Last