mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Meh, level of competition is often overrated. I'm more thinking stylistically. Can Stiverne get inside the reach? Is he quick enough? If he does his usual laying on the ropes looking for counter oppotunities, i see him getting walloped something fierce.
    His Wilders chin as bad as people say? He was KO'ed in the amaturers, and havent really been hit since (mostly fighting cans as you pointed out.)

His Jab doesn't seem particularly developed either, and he's just been windmilling / buttonmashing most of his opponents down. Can he do this to Stiverne?

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

It's really hard to get a grasp of how talented / untalented Wilder is given the people's he's been fighting. I haven't figured out if/how I'm going to play this one yet but some pieces I'm considering - Stiverne is up in years now and Wilder is a specimen - Stiverne keeps his hands down which could lead to him getting popped repeatedly with Wilder's jab / 1-2. The big question for me that is holding me back is whether Stiverne can eat those shots and start unloading hooks to the body and what will Wilder do when someone finally punches him back. Then there is the always present intangible of shady shyt in boxing - have to imagine promoters looking for Wilder to win to finally have a semi-big name American heavyweight back in the mix. If I play it at all I will probably play Wilder but I may just pass on this one.

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    It's really hard to get a grasp of how talented / untalented Wilder is given the people's he's been fighting. I haven't figured out if/how I'm going to play this one yet but some pieces I'm considering - Stiverne is up in years now and Wilder is a specimen - Stiverne keeps his hands down which could lead to him getting popped repeatedly with Wilder's jab / 1-2. The big question for me that is holding me back is whether Stiverne can eat those shots and start unloading hooks to the body and what will Wilder do when someone finally punches him back. Then there is the always present intangible of shady shyt in boxing - have to imagine promoters looking for Wilder to win to finally have a semi-big name American heavyweight back in the mix. If I play it at all I will probably play Wilder but I may just pass on this one.
    That is spot on analysis, and really all there is to say about this matchup. I really would like to see Wilder win for the reasons you stated, but feel the reason he's been brought along so slowly is that he can't take punch. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be the next great American heavyweight, and rejuvenates the sport in the U.S. but I'm just not sold yet, so I think I'm going to pass as well and just enjoy the fight.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    But he knocked down Charlie Zelenoff.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    But he knocked down Charlie Zelenoff.
    His biggest win to date. *Ba-dum-tissshh*
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Live dog alert! Rocky Juarez @ +115. Rocky is on the comeback trail. He's on a mission for one last payday!

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Triple G and Murray. Any thoughts on the over as Murray tries to go the distance and stay out of harms way?

First ... 5678