MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

The MMA subforum needs its own moderator

One of the regs needs mod powers; seems to me that we need to pick a respected, reputable regular (Vaughany again, Beelze, Punisher), or someone who we know will use their powers to fock with undesirable elements (Nunya, rocky16, MD,) or someone completely inept, for comedic value (Ron_Paul, marzwoody, semenex.)

Let's discuss, and then annoy admins with our idea.

saminex
    saminex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    One of the regs needs mod powers; seems to me that we need to pick a respected, reputable regular (Vaughany again, Beelze, Punisher), or someone who we know will use their powers to fock with undesirable elements (Nunya, rocky16, MD,) or someone completely inept, for comedic value (Ron_Paul, marzwoody, semenex.)

LMAO, nope.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I'd moderate if I had the time and I would clean house.. I'd make this a respectable bidness!!!! Don't have the time or patience though.... I'm out like Sauerkraut!!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-12-14 at 07:55 PM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I vote MD so I can suck the d of someone in power

42% homo

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'd moderate if I had the time and I would clean house.. I'd make this a respectable bidness!!!! Don't have the time or patience though....
    That is unfortunate.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That is unfortunate.
    I'd actually vote for you MD if you promised to be fair and just.. Didn't ban people just because of your moods or someone pissed you off personally.... It's free work and I've been offered the job before.. Declined... It doesn't pay well and you can go brain dead over time reading all the mindless posts day after day..

This forum section is small and manageable though... So one should step up and moderate as long as they don't abuse the Mod powers.. Seen some Mods in the past get the God Complex going.. That can get ugly too....

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'd actually vote for you MD if you promised to be fair and just.. Didn't ban people just because of your moods or someone pissed you off personally.... It's free work and I've been offered the job before.. Declined... It doesn't pay well and you can go brain dead over time reading all the mindless posts day after day..

This forum section is small and manageable though... So one should step up and moderate as long as they don't abuse the Mod powers.. Seen some Mods in the past get the God Complex going.. That can get ugly too....
    It shouldn't be me. I would be fair, no desire to use power to impact anyone else on the forum, but I'm far too polarizing. It should be someone everyone can get behind, or someone no one can get behind.

Besides, this all assumes that the SBR staff give a shit what we think. They almost certainly wouldn't go out of their way to help our cliquey subforum.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe Nunya????.. I think he could get the job done.. I imagine he doesn't have the time either nor wants the job..

V possibly too...

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Jibbby for sure.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well my take on this forum section after almost a year of being active on it - For what ever it's worth.....

What I noticed about this forum section is as a group we all pull weight working together... Some of us demand respect and have earned it as well.. If someone continues to troll and really disrupts then we all start to drop the hammer and then order is eventually restored.. No troll can stand up to that!!!!..

Moderation by numbers and majority vote works in any forum community even without bans or infractions being handed out...

Best thing to do if it really gets bad is to not feed the troll when there is no moderating presence.... Attention is the biggest fuel you can give them.. Cut it off and they will eventually lose interest.... Attention seekers need attention...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-12-14 at 10:18 PM.

saminex

jibby, you realize this board is consisted of 90% trolls and 10% sharps right...

half of the people on this board couldn't pick phil davis and anthony johnson out of a lineup

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by saminex View Post
    jibby, you realize this board is consisted of 90% trolls and 10% sharps right...

half of the people on this board couldn't pick phil davis and anthony johnson out of a lineup
    Well then you should pay more attention to those 10% and not feed all the other 90% with your continued crap.. Starting troll threads, posting tit for tat stuff and escalating it all.. Making your own betting thread when first starting to post in this forum section is a party foul as far as I'm concerned also..

You can leave this forum at anytime if you can't fit in, there is many others... I made those hard decisions in the past but stuck with it... Learned alot posting and reading on this forum.. Caused some stink along the way myself.. You can redeem yourself with sticking to the event threads and posting up good hard facts on the fights..

Bottom line is we all want to win our bets and laugh when looking in on this forum section.. Bring something to the table or don't post so much should be the unspoken rule...

saminex

don't need to prove anything to anyone on this forum mate...

it's an online message board not a fraternity
    Last edited by saminex; 10-12-14 at 10:56 PM.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

don't need to prove anything to anyone on this forum mate...

it's an online message board not a fraternity

If you truly felt you had nothing to prove, why start your own thread? Why advertise your own blog? Why, when your first set of bets on that thread went up in flames, did you start another fresh thread, so that your posted record wouldn't start on a low note? Why are you so upset that people disapprove of this behaviour? And if you're not upset- and you'll for sure say you're not upset- then why in the fock are you doing this?

Straight-up pollution. Prove your mettle with your insight, your record, or at least a decent sense of humour. Stop saying you're not looking for attention or approval and start acting like it, you goof.
    Last edited by Bava; 10-12-14 at 11:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave Bava 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany, and JIBBBY

saminex

Bava, my record is documented. I know my MMA stuff, probably better than almost anyone on this board. I killed last week on a bellator and RFA card with fighters no one knows. Do you know anything about Virgil Zwicker? Well I would recommend betting on him bc hes going to be a dog against Houston Alexander in bellator 129, yet he will have the more technically superior striking.

I don't care about people disapproving of my behavior. I disagree with some people on the manner that they show their disapproval. and that's what it is.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Bava, my record is documented. I know my MMA stuff, probably better than almost anyone on this board. I killed last week on a bellator and RFA card with fighters no one knows. Do you know anything about Virgil Zwicker? Well I would recommend betting on him bc hes going to be a dog against Houston Alexander in bellator 129, yet he will have the more technically superior striking.

I don't care about people disapproving of my behavior. I disagree with some people on the manner that they show their disapproval. and that's what it is.
    Yes, you've shown already that anyone can boast. I wouldn't recommend it, as it opens you up to scorn and ridicule when you do inevitably have a losing night. Even when you are successful, your concept of unit size and your amounts will get you immediately discounted from any serious gambling discussion. To be fair, mine would too.

If you are as good as you say you are, why not prove it silently? More people will listen that way.
    Last edited by Bava; 10-13-14 at 12:07 AM.

saminex

double post.

saminex

Bava, i literally started my thread(because there seemed to be a lot of bet threads) and left it alone for 5 days, I came back and some of the people I don't get along with, who id never talked to before were attacking not only my picks but me personally.The picks on the forum state unit,who i liked. It was literally unit size and pick. Now i understand if you don't agree with my picks but to be so personally heinous, its hard for me to keep my mouth shut and not retaliate.

Now as far as my unit plays, I've tried to explain it time and time again. Unfortunately, logic and rationale does not make sense to trolls. My first overplay was a steam play. Every other 40+ Unit bet was strategic and I have won all of them, because they are usually on ehvay favorites im getting a 10-20 Unit return. I am so confident in these bets that I will risk more of my BR.

Furthermore, I document all my picks including my loses. So if i have a bad week Ill stand by my plays. The thing is the people that attack me, don't have the backbone to say who they are playing (MD) and if they do all they do is pick losers (Rocky16). So they are basically attacking me, when they have literally no ground to say anything about anyone else's picks. I go on the record with my losses (porier) and i go on record with my wins (friday +75%, Saturday +25%).

Ive had people PM me about my opinion on certain fights, so I know some people do listen. As for the rest of the trolls who want to attack me, i dont care about them or their opinions.
    Last edited by saminex; 10-13-14 at 12:23 AM.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

So I was going to say, do we REALLY need a moderator? I mean we've made it this far just fine, and I'm all for unmoderated banter.

Then I read this thread, now I am conflicted.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Considering two people have just been banned because of one thread and several others are now perilously close because they can't seem to understand words are filtered on SBR for a reason and homophobic and racist terms aren't acceptable... I'd say you guys are doing a swell job so far

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Considering two people have just been banned because of one thread and several others are now perilously close because they can't seem to understand words are filtered on SBR for a reason and homophobic and racist terms aren't acceptable... I'd say you guys are doing a swell job so far
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave cheeese 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vaughany gave cheeese 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD, NunyaBidness, and Sacrelicious

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

So when are you gonna take down that Mayweather vs Maidana pinned thread?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I was infact calling the good sir a bundle of sticks, aka a '--' with an O instead of an E.. i was surprised it was filtered, but I later realized why. Very sorry if I circumvented any rules, it was not my intention!
    Last edited by shari91; 10-13-14 at 06:29 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    I was infact calling the good sir a bundle of sticks, aka a ****** with an O instead of an E.. i was surprised it was filtered, but I later realized why. Very sorry if I circumvented any rules, it was not my intention!
    You just did it again

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ha thats's exactly why i lost my plastic-mod powers! Whenever Gaberz created a new thread Id change the title to "Gaberz loves Hairy Armo Penis" or something ridicularse!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I should be the mod.

If you say something stupid, I'd fine you by making you give up points to Nunya's posse.
    If you say something good, I'd post a pic of Abigail Ratchford.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Pictures of lynched negros, still a-ok though right?

P.S. Can you please move my thread from players talk to the MMA forum, not sure why it got moved there, it's only about MMA as it says in the title.

Sacrelicious

Hrmmm... who got banned?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    So I was going to say, do we REALLY need a moderator? I mean we've made it this far just fine, and I'm all for unmoderated banter.

Then I read this thread, now I am conflicted.
    We as a group came down hard on you Sac for repeat troll posting that became very annoying for most reading in.. Order was eventually restored as everyone started to hammer on you especially when you continued to do it on the event threads and wouldn't stop. You finally got a clue and eventually cut down on doing that.. All good as you are now well liked again by most... I even like ya now Sac...

Moderation by numbers work.. A full time moderator that is hands on would make it all easier and more efficient though.....

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Pictures of lynched negros, still a-ok though right?

P.S. Can you please move my thread from players talk to the MMA forum, not sure why it got moved there, it's only about MMA as it says in the title.
    No, it's definitely not. However I moved it back to give you guys a chance to prove you're not all a bunch of idiots.

shari91

PS - The extent of this forum is maybe 8 guys out of 4k plus who visit here every day.

You are not getting a moderator for this subforum nor is any other subforum getting one.

Not only were the ones we hired in the past complete jokes but no offense... all 8 of you don't warrant them.

However let's make a deal... act like proper human beings, ditch the homophobic and racial slurs so every advertiser we have doesn't ditch the forum and report shit when people step over the line like say... advertise their semen blog over and over and over.

You guys knew all of that behaviour was crap and yet not one of you stood up so yeah, the chances of you getting a mod when you couldn't even self-moderate are slim to none. However help us keep this area clean and we'll let you slide with bullshit threads like Nunya's that should be in another forum.

Sacrelicious

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ If you unpin your threads after the events are over, and stop putting relevant MMA threads in players talk and the saloon, then i think everyone would agree with that deal.

Also this sub-forum consists of a lot more then 8 people. varies but more come on leading up to an event.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    ^ If you unpin your threads after the events are over, and stop putting relevant MMA threads in players talk and the saloon, then i think everyone would agree with that deal.

Also this sub-forum consists of a lot more then 8 people. varies but more come on leading up to an event.
    Unpinning threads doesn't hurt anyone's life. If they're done right away or too late according to some, seriously it's not a big deal.

However if a thread that is about absolute horseshit with no UFC/MMA/Boxing talk is started in here, it's going to be shipped off to PT (funnily enough the forum everyone tries to get in). Same happens for Tennis, Baseball, NBA, etc

It's not a hard concept... talk about the sport you're all purportedly here to discuss

Have your fun cliques and whatnot but don't violate SBR's policies or we won't have anyone even willing to sponsor the Pro program... same as for every subforum

Stressing about unpinning threads though when sponsors are complaining because of the liberal use of homophobic terms, how overseas people don't want to participate because of the racist shit in here, the fact that they're sponsoring a subforum with a fricken NFL/NHL/College Football thread in it, etc... sorry sweetpea, the pinning of a thread is the least of our worries. You'll deal as will we... it's a bit interesting that a supposed new poster is that focused on it to be honest.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post

Yeah, recent contest we hosted consisted of 32 regulars and more that were turned away.

1234 Last