mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

World Series of Fighting - Tin or Aluminium?

Main card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Welterweight Ryan Ford vs. Jake Shields
    Heavyweight Smealinho Rama vs. Derrick Mehmen [a]
    Featherweight Chris Horodecki vs. Luis Huete
    Light Heavyweight Luke Harris vs. Jared Hamman
    Preliminary card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Tim Hague vs. Craig Hudson
    Light Heavyweight Sandy Bowman vs. Ryan Janes
    Catchweight (175 lbs) Michael Hill vs. Marcus Hicks
    Featherweight Hakeem Dawodu vs. Mike Malott
    Catchweight (195 lbs) Cody Krahn vs. Matt Baker
    Lightweight Roger Alves vs. David Swanson

I will put lines up when they are out.

Any reason to think Shields doesnt get the W here? Ford is impressive enough going forward, but doesn't do well when pressured. Karo threw him around a couple of years ago, and Shields still has a monster chin, even for all his flaws.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 10-09-14 at 11:28 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave mirinquads 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

omalley21 gave mirinquads 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

if in doubt, fade Hamman...human punching bag

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha Tim Hague!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Michael Hill was the "dude" right that got a bit crazy when drunk on TUF?

mirinquads

Hamman fights like the wacky inflatable arms flailing tube man. Hard not to fade.

No idea how Luke Harris fights though.

mirinquads

Rama should outsrike Mehman no? He just throws hays all day. Don't know who's wrestling is better either..

Where's Jibby when you need some serious wiki capping?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Jared Hamman sounds like Carrot Salmon.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Rama should outsrike Mehman no? He just throws hays all day. Don't know who's wrestling is better either..

"Smellinho Rama" is definitely a fake name.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hamman fights like the wacky inflatable arms flailing tube man. Hard not to fade.

No idea how Luke Harris fights though.
    my sherdog record skills tell me Harris got starched by Leonidas

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missed the 5Dimes opener at -280 on Shields. Quickly bet up to -390 now.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Rama has shit TDD - Mehmen was an all-american wrestler but kinda sucks anyway. Mehmen probably the better wrestler for whatever that is worth. When in doubt Jibby goes wrestling I believe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

You guys are on this event.. I need to say little.. Sherdog is not needed.. LOL....

Show me those odds!!!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lines are out..

Ryan Ford +350... (I'm not so sold that Shields will be able to take Ford down before he gets KO'd standing) I'm thinking KO Ford at those odds despite the granite chin of Jake Shields..... Not confident but willing to roll the dice...

On Ford small and gambling.. $30 to win $105 placed...

Preview of card - http://combatpress.com/2014/10/world...d-predictions/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-14 at 12:11 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Miri in your original thread start post Ford was not tossed around by Karo.. More the other way around if you watch the entire fight.. Karo was also in shape as well back in 2011.. Karo got busted up in the 3rd and stopped...

The fight....

Not so confident Jake has enough left to deal with Ford these days.. Ford could get sub'd and grapple humped for sure if the old Jake Shields shows up though..

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

oops double post
    Last edited by marzwoody; 10-09-14 at 12:45 PM.

marzwoody

Shield's has fought top competition. Ford is a can.

marzwoody

Woodley and Lombard couden't knock out Shields.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Rama has shit TDD - Mehmen was an all-american wrestler but kinda sucks anyway. Mehmen probably the better wrestler for whatever that is worth. When in doubt Jibby goes wrestling I believe.
    I didn't see his match with Steve Mocco. If what you are saying is true then I really wonder how he was able to defeat Mocco.

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Miri in your original thread start post Ford was not tossed around by Karo.. More the other way around if you watch the entire fight.. Karo was also in shape as well back in 2011.. Karo got busted up in the 3rd and stopped...

The fight....

Not so confident Jake has enough left to deal with Ford these days.. Ford could get sub'd and grapple humped for sure if the old Jake Shields shows up though..
    Jiibbby, I know you love Karo, and is surely salivating at the prospects of getting to bet him as a huge favorite like last time out.

Which is why this baffles me, did you literally not watch the actual fight and just look at wiki (You dont have to answer that.)

Karo literally throws him on his head 3-4 times, has his back and easily wins the 2 first rounds. Then Ford knees him once and the doctor stops it, due to it being in Canada.

And sorry to burst your bubble, Karo was not in shape - what with the muffin top hanging out of his shorts and what not.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I'm not saying Ford should win this fight, but I just haven't seen the real Jake Shields show up for a while now and he's not getting any younger.. Ford seems to be improving and might be in his prime right now at age 32..

At +350 I'm gonna roll the dice with a measly 30 bucks to win 105 on FORD.. I think it's worth a shot anyways..

Karo is a can today and you are correct about that Miri!!! Back in 2011 Karo was a better version of Karo and Ford wasted him.. All I was pointing out..

Ford is on a 6 fight win streak now and has won 10 of his last 11.. Even against some cans that's impressive.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WEBk_z2Qs4

Napes21

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I didn't see his match with Steve Mocco. If what you are saying is true then I really wonder how he was able to defeat Mocco.
    Mocco took him down several times early in the first fairly easily than was just ridiculously gassed from about halfway through the first through the rest of the fight - it was ugly

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If Ford looks jacked at weigh ins and Jake Shields looks small and tan and just trim I will turn that $30 buck bet into a $100 to win $350..

My logic and reasoning behind this fight anyways... Just sharing...

mirinquads

Jibbby, you straight up hate money don't you? Or you love Tony.. can't figure out which

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree it's tempting to bet Ford small at least at +350 because Jake is now unbettable at -530. His -280 opener lasted about two minutes he he. I was thinking maybe bet the under 2½ rounds which should cover a Jake sub or Ford KO, but then it moved from -105 to -135.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby, you straight up hate money don't you? Or you love Tony.. can't figure out which
    We will see Miri????

Fade away and best of luck pal!!! .. You'll probably win..

I'm honestly just hoping that one of the 2 dogs in the main events win over the weekend then I win..

Ford or Warren at 300 + odds each...

Probably gonna end up going in - 100 bucks on each fighter and see if one sticks..(pending weigh in results) I'm thinking one of these chumps should win.. Simple math...

My bigger plays will be on the other fights though... I fully expect to win money over this weekend..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-14 at 03:05 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I agree it's tempting to bet Ford small at least at +350 because Jake is now unbettable at -530. His -280 opener lasted about two minutes he he. I was thinking maybe bet the under 2½ rounds which should cover a Jake sub or Ford KO, but then it moved from -105 to -135.
    That's a good idea!!!!! I agree.....

johnwirk2015
    johnwirk2015's Avatar Become A Pro!

We will see Miri????

Fade away and best of luck pal!!! .. You'll probably win..

I'm honestly just hoping that one of the 2 dogs in the main events win over the weekend then I win..

Ford or Warren at 300 + odds each...

Probably gonna end up going in - 100 bucks on each fighter and see if one sticks..(pending weigh in results) I'm thinking one of these chumps should win.. Simple math...

My bigger plays will be on the other fights though... I fully expect to win money over this weekend..
    do not bet on ford, shields isnt on a huge decline, this is a bad match up on paper for ford. not much value even at +300, his takedown defense is horrible, he would be controlled and decision/sub'ed

warren on the other hand is a play, if he can get eduardo down every round of course but i believe he going to gas by round 3 and get late TKO'ed at some point.

saminex
    saminex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I'm big on Shields. Ford has zero TDD and Shields has awesome wrestling. majority of fight will be from top control by Shields. It's funny that people are fading Shields because he lost to Hector Lombard (who is top 5) when Ford isn't even top 25.

I am also playing small on Rama, Rama is the bigger fighter (true 265) decent clinch game will try to put Mehman on his ass.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I understand the logic.. It's sound!!! However......

This is whom Ford has been training with at tri star... http://www.sherdog.com/stats/fightfi...=Tristar%20Gym

Ford should make this a fight period..

I think Jake Shields has lost his take down effectiveness.. His gas tank has always been questionable.. I need to see Jake Shields at the weigh ins.. Dude has come in scrawny and small in recent fights, dealing with family issues, is 36 in a couple of months.. Out of the UFC and demoted.. It's safe to say he's probably not improved from his last few fights and it's also safe to say Ryan Ford at age 31 has... I don't think Jake Shields juices either which is unfortunate for him.....

I give him a shot in this one at +400 and climbing...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

My 8 team weekend $5 parlay in... Long shot city as usual!!!! These are my initial straight picks pending weigh in results on all other bets anyways....

*8 teamer*

Joe Warren +385
    Michael Page -425
    Decota Cockrane +285
    Bubba McDaniel -160
    Ryan Ford +400
    Derrick Mehmen -170
    Lewis Huete +235
    Jarrad Hamman -180

$5 bucks to win $7,750 placed... 5D

Give me a year and I'll hit one or maybe even two of these.. Just sharing... Better odds then a 5 dollar lotto scratcher that's for sure..

PS... Remember with a multi team parlay bet like this ^^ for example - If you hit the first 7 you can always max bet against the last leg and win decent money anyways.. That is if you have multiple accounts with max bet balances sitting in each...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-14 at 11:33 PM.

marzwoody

Jibby you always talk about age like its a big factor, but its really not. alot of fighters are in there prime at mid 30's like DC among others. age is only really a factor when you get to Cung Le's age, and even then theres some freaks like Couture and Henderson.

Napes21

My 8 team weekend $5 parlay in... Long shot city as usual!!!! These are my initial straight picks pending weigh in results on all other bets anyways....

*8 teamer*

Joe Warren +385
    Michael Page -425
    Decota Cockrane +285
    Bubba McDaniel -160
    Ryan Ford +400
    Derrick Mehmen -170
    Lewis Huete +235
    Jarrad Hamman -180

$5 bucks to win $7,750 placed... 5D

Give me a year and I'll hit one or maybe even two of these.. Just sharing... Better odds then a 5 dollar lotto scratcher that's for sure..

PS... Remember with a multi team parlay bet like this ^^ for example - If you hit the first 7 you can always max bet against the last leg and win decent money anyways.. That is if you have multiple accounts with max bet balances sitting in each...
    GL Jibs - you hit that and you will have enough to produce Dakota's next film

saminex
    saminex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Trust me when I say tristar is an elite gym. It truly is, but Shields trains at Caesar Gracie with the Diaz brothers and Gilbert Melendez, so its not like he trains with bums.

The bottom line is Ford can't wrestle, and thats all Shields does. IF you look at his wins in the UFC, the only reason he had a poor TD% is because he was fighting other amazing wrestlers (Lombard, Woodley, GSP). Getting Ford on the mat will be a piece of cake for Shields.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Jibby you always talk about age like its a big factor, but its really not. alot of fighters are in there prime at mid 30's like DC among others. age is only really a factor when you get to Cung Le's age, and even then theres some freaks like Couture and Henderson.
    Dana White always talks about age too... His famous line these days is "It's a young mans sport".. I can't agree more..

Marz you're a young guy and have not lived as an professional athlete in your late 30's and early 40's still competing.. You can't train as much and need more recovery time, you get injured more frequently and don't heal as fast, etc.. etc.. You can combat some of this with the use of PED's which are dis allowed in sports like this one (MMA)..

Your mind still goes, but the body slows in other words especially in MMA.. Give me a guy 29 against a guy that's 39 (no PED's) with the same MMA skill and mind set and I'll take the younger guy 99 percent of the time..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-10-14 at 10:18 AM.

MD

Dana White always talks about age too... His famous line these days is "It's a young mans sport".. I can't agree more..

Marz you're a young guy and have not lived as an professional athlete in your late 30's and early 40's still competing..
    You can't train as much and need more recovery time, you get injured more frequently and don't heal as fast, etc.. etc.. You can combat some of this with the use of PED's which are dis allowed in sports like this one (MMA)..

Your mind still goes, but the body slows in other words especially in MMA.. Give me a guy 29 against a guy that's 39 (no PED's) with the same MMA skill and mind set and I'll take the younger guy 99 percent of the time..
    And you're claiming that you have?

1234 ... Last